Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Kaneki x Touka?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

asportking

asportking

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I sort of have an idea what's been happening in the raws, but not very much. Somebody who's been keeping up to date, please just give it to me straight: how is Kaneki's and Touka's relationship doing compared to what it's currently at in chapter 81, and how is it compared to them before that whole fiasco went down? I need to know there's some sort of light at the end of this tunnel.

favole

favole

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

I'm sure you're going to be disappointed... 

Spoiler

That's all.

Edited by favole, 19 July 2014 - 12:02 PM.

Tony911

Tony911

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 635 posts

Hide likes Touka-chan, but she developed feelings for stupid Kanugi (Kaneki). This can't end well for Hide.

favole

favole

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

Hide likes Touka-chan, but she developed feelings for stupid Kanugi (Kaneki). This can't end well for Hide.

I don't think he likes her like that. He knows all Anteiku staff are ghouls so he knows that Touka is one as well, and I always pictured Hide just as the charming/flirting guy, with no real intention behind his words. Besides, Kaneki worked for a while at Anteiku and Hide visited more than once and I'm sure he noticed the peculiar relationship between Touka and Ken. Also Hide met Touka while Kaneki was gone in a raw chapter and he realized that Touka was missing Kaneki just like him, so i'm pretty sure Hide knows that Touka and Kaneki like each other, but I really don't think he sees her like that.

But if that's your opinion, then that's cool.

HappyPanda

HappyPanda

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts

I don't think he likes her like that. He knows all Anteiku staff are ghouls so he knows that Touka is one as well, and I always pictured Hide just as the charming/flirting guy, with no real intention behind his words. Besides, Kaneki worked for a while at Anteiku and Hide visited more than once and I'm sure he noticed the peculiar relationship between Touka and Ken. Also Hide met Touka while Kaneki was gone in a raw chapter and he realized that Touka was missing Kaneki just like him, so i'm pretty sure Hide knows that Touka and Kaneki like each other, but I really don't think he sees her like that.

But if that's your opinion, then that's cool.

I agree with this.

Shess

Shess

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 307 posts

I agree with this.

I agree as well. We all know Kaneki and Touka will end up together at some point (I mean there are only a couple possible ships in this series lol). As for hide he's the stereotypical best friend character which means he will either end up single or find some gf that never gets introduced (it would be nice if he did ended up with a interesting character though).

Edited by TapDancingDog, 26 August 2014 - 01:54 AM.

tumblr_nd06mlXtkF1tgv0q6o1_500.gif

ManForAllSeasons

ManForAllSeasons

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationHow can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real?

There's really no other ship that stands out in canon (except Rize, but that relationship is just weird). I don't think this manga will end with the death of either of them, but I get the feeling that they won't hook up either.

Touka started in the ghoul-world and is moving steadily into the human one, while Kaneki keeps slipping in the other direction. Though one can hope.

Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

favole

favole

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
It's true that for Kaneki, the only girl who could turn out to be his crush is Touka. (Because I agree for Rize, it's too weird).
Some people like him with Tsukiyama but I really doubt that pairing ahaha, and some others wonder about Hinami but only when she's older, but I doubt it as well.

It doesn't really matter anyway, we haven't seen Touka acting about anything for a long time so it won't happen now if it ever happens.

Edited by favole, 01 August 2014 - 02:14 PM.

Traumatic Tomato

Traumatic Tomato

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 203 posts

Theories below, I like talking about speculations:

Spoiler

favole

favole

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

Theories below, I like talking about speculations:

Spoiler

Thank you for the amazing post!

Radhir

Radhir

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationChile

I came to think about this and here is my opinion: (I'm not really good on english because I'm from south america, sorry  :unsure:)

MANGA SPOILERS:

Touka:

In the beginning of aogori arc's we can see how she is the one most shocked when the manager folds everyone that probably they will never see kaneki again, before that we can see that every time she cared more about kaneki. In the chapter 79 at the end we saw how shed takes his father weeding ring and start thinking about kaneki.

​Sadli after that, kaneki leaves her and anteiku and they don't meet again until the chapter 120. Something I should mention is that when it was touka's birthday he actually gives her a gift (whiteout showing himself)

and how touka reacts ? She got out of the college running trying to find kaneki, when she realized he was already gone she say "why are you so unfair kaneki".

After a lot of time, on chapter 120 they finally meet, but because kaneki was giving a shit about the idea of going back to anteiku. (like a baws  B)) She beat the shit out of him asking why he changed (referring to before and after being tortured by jason). That make me think that touka maybe liked kaneki, but the old one, the not badass one. I think that maybe she still feeling the same, but she wants the gentle kaneki back

(PROBABLY, JUST A THEORY). Another important  fact its that kaneki liked intellectual women (chapter 1) and after kaneki leaves, touka started to study the most of the time. Coincidence? I THINK NOT

KANEKI:

At the beginning, he its a bit scared of touka, he told that to uta when he was making his mask, but when they start spending time together training and working on anteiku, he start to care of touka as much as hide (meaning that he think of her as a very good friend or he likes her) Also in chapter 72 i guess, he returned to aogiri's hideout just to save her.

Also in toukas birthsay He actually gives her a gift, an important fact about this is that it has only been shown how he gived a gift to touka, but not to anybody else because it hasn't appeared on the manga, if you think about that, that can be a clue of a possibility of kaneki x touka

ANOTHER IMPORTANT FACTS:

1-The creator of the manga also like making kaneki and touka together on his drawings

2-A lot of people confused them as a pair.

3-The manga creator uses a lot the blood type in this manga and like HappyPanda said Touka: O type, Kaneki: AB.

O girl/AB goy = amazing couple. (BTW thanks Panda)

4- Like traumatic tomato said (BTW amazing post) how the anteiku theme was going, they could finish together.

​5- The author had haves no problem on relations like yoshimura and his wife,  nishiki and kimi, etc...

BUT

As we all know (i think), kaneki its almost a monster whit no feelings or he has gone mad. First he need to go back to his normal self personality before any romance. And kaneki its a tragic hero so probably this will end something like guilty crown, he will dye, or he and touka live and happy ending.

This was my first post, How it was?

sorry if i have a bad spelling but I'm from chile a spanks-talking country  :unsure: 

Im a human 

​But I want to eat that, it can't be helped

But if I eat that, i'll not be Human anymore

- Ken Kaneki

favole

favole

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

Thanks for the great post!

Nyuu3

Nyuu3

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 82 posts

I think Touka's feelings are pretty transparent in the ch99 omake where she checks with Nishio if the gift could mean Kaneki likes her. I don't really see Kaneki falling for her on his own, but if they're reunited and he settles down a bit, maybe she can make some progress on that.

Also in toukas birthsay He actually gives her a gift, an important fact about this is that it has only been shown how he gived a gift to touka, but not to anybody else because it hasn't appeared on the manga, if you think about that, that can be a clue of a possibility of kaneki x touka

Well, it shows he hasn't forgotten her after he left (also, notice how the strap he gave her in ch89 matches her old one from ch24. Extra attentive of him). But I imagine he'd at least give Hinami a book, maybe even get something for Banjo, if the oaf remembers his birth date. There's just no point showing that. They're right there with him, no big deal if he gets them something. But again, I don't think Kaneki likes her that way right now.

One thing I'm a bit interested in is how the author keeps dragging people's family background into everything. There seems to be some freudian shit happening with Touka since Kaneki really resembles her father. Meanwhile, Kaneki's still struggling with the self-sacrificial ideas he picked up from his mom, and Touka could probably help him with that. Kind of an interesting situation. So in my head, it all works out: Touka saves Kaneki from a heroic death ending and he can be the family she needed. Totally gonna happen.

Spoiler

Really though, I do think Ishida's more willing to write in some romance than to randomly set up a load of tension between the main duo and then forget about it. Hate it when they do that.

Nameati

Nameati

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

http://www.mangapanda.com/toukyou-kushu/19/17 When Uta walks in on Touka lifting up Kaneki's shirt :3

http://www.mangapanda.com/toukyou-kushu/121/7 Hinami Imply's that Kaneki and Touka are happier together then apart :3

http://www.mangapanda.com/toukyou-kushu/88/9 Another Hinami moment of her saying kaneki was happier with Touka!

http://www.mangapanda.com/toukyou-kushu/89/13 in my opinion this just shows Touka has feelings for kaneki ;D

the last ones i could remember are when Kaneki gets touka somthing for her birthday and she rushes out to see him but he just watches from far away because he doesnt wanna put her in danger or some shit xD 

http://www.mangapanda.com/toukyou-kushu/89/14

http://www.mangapanda.com/toukyou-kushu/89/15

http://www.mangapanda.com/toukyou-kushu/89/16

http://www.mangapanda.com/toukyou-kushu/89/17

OH and this last one xD she feels bad for hitting Kaneki and shes also looking at the presant he gave her on her birthday 

http://www.mangapanda.com/toukyou-kushu/121/10

Anyways, i'm 100% sure he cares about her. im also 100% sure touka has feelings for kaneki. but im also sure that kaneki doesnt feel that way yet because of what hes trying to accomplish right now as of chapter 140....... but we'll see i wanna see it happen and i hope it does :D

Edited by Nameati, 27 August 2014 - 05:48 AM.

hopeandlight

hopeandlight

Potato

• Members
  • 115 posts

Actually this could be foreshadowing for what it happening now : cool kaneki and studious touka.

http://www.mangapanda.com/toukyou-kushu/20/11

Kaneki became the tougher guy touka respects and touka because the studious girl Kaneki likes...

HyougaTenshin

HyougaTenshin

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 487 posts

http://www.mangapanda.com/toukyou-kushu/121/10

Anyways, i'm 100% sure he cares about her. im also 100% sure touka has feelings for kaneki. but im also sure that kaneki doesnt feel that way yet because of what hes trying to accomplish right now as of chapter 140....... but we'll see i wanna see it happen and i hope it does :D

I'm pretty sure Kaneki knows of Touka's undying loyalty towards him, its probably why he told her that she needed to focus on her studying instead of worrying about him tying up loose ends and getting stronger. He shot her down before she could even finish her sentence. If she did join him after Aogiri and her Kagune still works (Did Ayato completely destroy it? Eh it probably regenerated..) that she would have been doing a lot more fights than necessary. Let's be honest, what would she do besides help out by fighting other Ghouls/CCG? Kaneki predicted this and immediately decided that it was better for Touka to stay as far away from him as possible. Hinami was the perfect substitute, but with Touka around, that would be far too risky, she would have ended up in harm's way somehow eventually. Let's skip to the Anteiku raid... that might have played out differently if Touka was around, she might have went there with him against his will to "help" and she would have died. Or, she might have told him not to go because of the risk, he would probably go anyway though. 

Titeya

Titeya

Potato

• Members
  • 101 posts

Spoiler
I'm rereading the manga and this came across me in chapter 99
cute :3

hopeandlight

hopeandlight

Potato

• Members
  • 115 posts

古董 = antique in chinese
骨董 = antique in Japanese  ( correct me if im wrong)
董香 = touka

hon hon hon

香= fragrance/ smell

touka = smell of antique= smell of home