Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Kaneki x Touka?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

HappyPanda

HappyPanda

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts

Do you think it's gonna be a thing? Can someone find the parts that hint this might be a thing if there are any ^_^

favole

favole

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

Well I don't really know how to answer this, because whoever like Kaneki/Touka will find "good hints" in the manga while people not shipping it will discard these eventual hints (and that's the beginning of ship wars). All that to say that the hints you're looking for are pretty subjective! ^^

But if you ship them, you must have some moments about them in mind, don't you? :) I do too.

And to answer your question "is it gonna be a thing", no idea. :) The author pretty much leaves their relationship open to the readers' imagination for the moment, so there is a chance they'll drift closer and closer, but whether they'll end up canon or not, I really can't say. It depends on if the author wants Kaneki to really end up with someone at some point in the story.

The author showed once or twice that he wasn't against characters showing interest in each other (Banjou towards Rize, Akira towards Amon, Amon towards Harima, Nishiki and Kimi...) so a canon relationship for Kaneki and Touka may be a possibility.

I think that around the aogiri arc Touka started having feelings for Kaneki, but soon after, he left her behind to search for answers, and they've only met once between the aogiri arc and where we're at in the story now so the relationship between the two of them is totally frozen in my opinion. Right now, Touka is kind of in the background, and I'm missing her and her interactions with Kaneki, so I hope she'll be back soon!

Edited by favole, 07 July 2014 - 06:10 PM.

x-cube323

x-cube323

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 237 posts
Hmm...I'm not so sure about that...
Of course it would be great if it happens in the end but there's a big possibility that this series ends tragically.

However I'm not sure if I can call these moments here "hints" but they're definitely cute :3

http://www.mangahere.co/manga/toukyou_kushu/c018/18.html

http://www.mangahere.co/manga/toukyou_kushu/c044/7.html

http://www.mangahere.co/manga/toukyou_kushu/c044/15.html

http://www.mangahere.co/manga/toukyou_kushu/c028/18.html

http://www.mangahere.co/manga/toukyou_kushu/c058/19.html

http://www.mangahere.co/manga/toukyou_kushu/c071/23.html

http://www.mangabird.com/tokyo-ghoul-79?page=4 She asks him if he maybe could change his hair colour back to normal (blush <3)

Oh and this here could be a real hint actually...
http://www.mangabird.com/tokyo-ghoul-79?page=17 she looks at the wedding ring of her father and remembers how Kaneki's hand touched her when he rescued her.

And of course there are these short funny moments like when Uta found Touka taking off Kaneki's shirt or when Yomo found them doing this weird backflip practice xD

Even Yoriko mistook them as boyfriend and girlfriend.

Edited by x-cube323, 07 July 2014 - 07:18 PM.

HappyPanda

HappyPanda

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts

Those are two really awesome answers. Thanks x-cube323 for looking through and linking all the moments, that was really nice of you to do so.

Right now, Touka is kind of in the background, and I'm missing her and her interactions with Kaneki, so I hope she'll be back soon!

Yeah, I want see to them them interact more too :/. I hope in the future chapters they'll be able to. Question, I can't read Japanese so is there somewhere I can go to find the translation of the text? Since the translated chapters are gonna take some time to reach up to the most current chapter.

http://www.mangabird.com/tokyo-ghoul-79?page=17 she looks at the wedding ring of her father and remembers how Kaneki's hand touched her when he rescued her.

Yeah I saw that part and noticed at the end it says "Goddamn Kaneki". I was wondering what her feelings were. Can you link the part where Uta found Touka taking off Kaneki's shirt because I don't remember that moment. 

"O girl/AB guy = Amazing couple"
I know that the Japanese value telling what the blood types. They use it to tell personality and stuff like that. I was reading how certain characters matched up the personality of their blood type in Tokyo Ghoul. I think the author of the series uses that.
Touka's blood type is O and Kaneki is AB, sooooooooooooo.... :) (I'm gonna hold unto my little thread of hope)

Edited by HappyPanda, 07 July 2014 - 07:39 PM.

favole

favole

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

http://www.mangabird.com/tokyo-ghoul-79?page=4 She asks him if he maybe could change his hair colour back to normal (blush <3)

http://www.mangabird.com/tokyo-ghoul-79?page=17 she looks at the wedding ring of her father and remembers how Kaneki's hand touched her when he rescued her.

These two moments were so adorable, and are really showing what Touka thinks of Kaneki (since she's usually harsh with words until the Aogiri Arc!)

Can you link the part where Uta found Touka taking off Kaneki's shirt because I don't remember that moment. 

Chapter 19, after their training, when Uta came to drop off Ken's mask! :)

Edited by favole, 07 July 2014 - 08:00 PM.

HappyPanda

HappyPanda

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts

Chapter 19, after their training, when Uta came to drop off Ken's mask! :)

Thanks :). I was looking through the raw and I saw them interact, unfortunately I can't read what it said :/

x-cube323

x-cube323

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 237 posts

I want to add that the whole fight between Touka and Tsukiyama seemed very symbolic to me...

As we know Tsukiyama is highly interested in Kaneki. Of course he only was interested because he wanted to eat him xD

When Touka ate a piece of Kaneki's shoulder he totally flipped out and screamed: "No...He's mine!"

Touka responded:"Absolutely nothing in this place is yours"

and then they fought...

To me it appeared that they not only fought over victory...they kinda fought over Kaneki as well :)

Thanks :). I was looking through the raw and I saw them interact, unfortunately I can't read what it said :/

Well Touka kind of picked on Kaneki at first like she always did back in the day...

this is the raw thread when chapter 120 came out...

some people roughly translated the dialogue http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/17455-discussion-raws-spoiler/page-2

HappyPanda

HappyPanda

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts

If I remember correctly, Kaneki leaves for a few months and then returns. Which chapter was that and why did he leave?

Traumatic Tomato

Traumatic Tomato

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 203 posts

If I remember correctly, Kaneki leaves for a few months and then returns. Which chapter was that and why did he leave?

HappyPanda

HappyPanda

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts

What was his reason?

x-cube323

x-cube323

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 237 posts

What was his reason?

He wanted to find out why and how he got turned into a half ghoul. Therefore he had to find Dr. Kanou the doctor who transplated Rize's organs into him.

Touka wanted to join him on his mission but he forbid her to follow him because he wanted her to finish her school and stuff.
I think 6 months passed until Kaneki and his team finally found Kanou's laboratory and during that time he and Touka didn't saw or talked to each other at all.

HappyPanda

HappyPanda

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts

He wanted to find out why and how he got turned into a half ghoul. Therefore he had to find Dr. Kanou the doctor who transplated Rize's organs into him.

Touka wanted to join him on his mission but he forbid her to follow him because he wanted her to finish her school and stuff.
I think 6 months passed until Kaneki and his team finally found Kanou's laboratory and during that time he and Touka didn't saw or talked to each other at all.

do you have a skype or something i can contact you with? I have alotta questions >_< and you seem like a nice person :)

favole

favole

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
Check out the raw thread! You'll learn a lot (I know I did) and if you've got questions just post them there, usually people answer them!

HappyPanda

HappyPanda

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts

This is all speculation below but:

Ishida seems to have something in store for Touka and Kaneki's relationship. This arc is about Owl, a powerful ghoul who had a relationship with a human that lead to a miracle that no one thought was possible: a hybrid human-ghoul. From the way I see it, this arc is suppose to explain the manager's backstory and his experiences with a human lover that lead to complications and ultimately had devastating consequences. The conception of this hybrid (One-Eyed Owl) lead to Akira's mom being killed, Mado's passion for quinques that leads to hunting more ghouls (Hinami's family), many deaths of CCG officers and other havoc throughout the wards, including breaking into the ghoul prisons.

Yoshimura, who still carries this sin, dedicates himself to peacekeeping the 20th ward. He does this by lessening the amount of human 'sacrifices' that ghouls need to make by scavenging suicide victims and feeding ghouls who can't or don't want to hurt humans. As the years go by, he carries on this lesson that he experienced with Yukina to his followers and they too dedicated their lives for his mission (For example, Irimi saved the old woman who was about to perish during the Anteiku attack).

One day, two sibling ghoul orphans were wandering around taking lives on the street in order to survive; he offered those two a hand. The brother who was younger and had a deeper hatred for humans, denied his help while the sister was reluctant but accepted his offer and became closer to the humans around her. A few years later, Yoshimura discovered a human who had became a half-ghoul and was lost in their violent, unfamiliar world. The cafe manager sensed a sort of kinship with this half-ghoul who was like his half-ghoul child and fresh to the ghoul world. He also guided him out of his new level of loneliness and made him get a hold of his new life. In the manager's shop, the sister ghoul and the artificial half-ghoul work side by side and were hesitant towards each other since they are polar opposites. However, they grew closer and bud a new human-ghoul relationship, in that small cafe place.

What I'm trying to point out is that humans and ghouls are thought to be almost impossible to coexist because of their position in the food chain. However, rarely the two different species have a handful of exceptions. It's even more rare for how long these bonds can last, Nishiki's sister and Yukina are cases when the inevitable occurs. This inter-species bond that occurs, happens in a cycle. Nishiki has discovered what his sister had learned through Nishio, Hinami is a young ghoul who represents the new generation and is interested in humans like Kaneki Ken. Kaneki and Touka mirrors Yoshimura and Yukina's relationship, so to answer your question, it's fitting that Touka will be with Kaneki and Yoshimura will safe guard their future, this bond that he help create. What the wise Owl learned, he passed it to the future as a hope for the two clashing species.

I think we have some hope :) this is only speculation though 

SelfieSturluson

SelfieSturluson

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Touka is the only female that really has any deep relationship with Kaneki, so I think it's inevitable that they'll get together, it just depends on whether or not it happens before the series ends.

JESUS BEAR

JESUS BEAR

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

I always figured Touka viewed Kaneki as a substitution for her brother, or something like it.  I think there were scenes where she looked at Kaneki and was reminded of her brother, or something like that.  Plus Kaneki was kind of like how her brother was as a kid, where Touka had to lead him around and help him out.  And I assumed the scene with her holding the wedding ring was to show that she thought of him like family.

I'd love Touka and Kaneki to get together, but I never really saw the possibility of it happening

Edited by JESUS BEAR, 15 July 2014 - 06:48 AM.

Baniita

Baniita

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts

Yeah, they struck me as endgame... but not after along while, because they didn't have any romantic chemistry (in my eyes) for the longest time.

As for my ship, it sunk before it was even set on the water. 8 u8) buuhu.. Especially with the latest chapters.. aha

117cuhz.jpg25tkzex.gife2igx.gif

tumblr: The Yullenator / Baniita
`{01} [ 神アレ / Y U L L E N ] » dgm----------------
`{02} 🎧 [ ヨシュネク / J O S H N E K U ] » twewy-----
`{03} 💔 [ シズイザ / S H I Z A Y A ] » drrr!!----------

favole

favole

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

Actually that's where I disagree: I'm quite glad that the mangaka didn't introduce Kaneki and Touka getting along from the very beginning, it wouldn't have felt right to me if he had. Let me explain. 

Touka is a complex character, with a troubling past and we've seen several times that she needs time to trust and like someone. Kaneki on the other hand went through a tragedy and had to start over in a "new world" he knew nothing about because his "girlfriend" decided to eat him: even if he already found Touka cute, it's normal not to be able to concentrate on romance at first. BUT! By being stuck together thanks to the manager asking Touka to help Kaneki, they went through a lot together, and Kaneki respected Touka for teaching so much when she seemed to dislike him a lot.
Kaneki became more and more confident in the ghoul world through the Gourmet Arc and this arc is also the first time when Kaneki and Touka really were a team fighting together against the opponent (it was different when against the CGG for the arc with Hinami, in my opinion).

After the gourmet arc, Touka started to show that she respected him and that's when Aogiri arrived and separed them for good because Kaneki never returned to Anteiku afterwards and left Touka behind.

So I think that with Touka's past and Kaneki's whole thing with Rize, it was natural of the mangaka not to show sign of affection/relationship/romance from the very beginning. The way he did it though, he created two great characters with a lot of great interactions and I thank him for that.

However, as I wrote it above, Touka and Kaneki were starting to really get along at the beginning of the Aogiri Arc and then the mangaka separated them and now, where we're at in the raws, there is the possibility of them joining each other again, and maybe start over in their peculiar eelationship, so maybe now or a near future is where we'll probably see more Kaneki/Touka than ever before. 

Yeah, they struck me as endgame... but not after along while, because they didn't have any romantic chemistry (in my eyes) for the longest time.

As for my ship, it sunk before it was even set on the water. 8 u8) buuhu.. Especially with the latest chapters.. aha

What was your ship? :)

Edited by favole, 17 July 2014 - 01:03 PM.

Traumatic Tomato

Traumatic Tomato

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 203 posts

In the raws, they don't show any obvious signs of affection but they do think about each other a lot. In 79, he looks hurt when he tells Touka that he's leaving.

Spoilers below:

Spoiler

Also, Ishida illustrates them together often.

Spoiler

Edited by Traumatic Tomato, 17 July 2014 - 06:12 PM.

White Guard

White Guard

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts

In the raws, they don't show any obvious signs of affection but they do think about each other a lot. In 79, he looks hurt when he tells Touka that he's leaving.

Spoilers below:

Spoiler

Also, Ishida illustrates them together often.

Spoiler

>domestic violence

This made me chuckle.