Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[RP][Tales of Batoto] Chapter 1

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
Taking the Shot

"Thank you both," Drexal said after hearing both of Dan and Remy's words. It was a relief that they were understanding. But it also could have been they just wanted him to leave and let them enjoy each other's company. Now he needed to find Kaal. He had avoided her for a while. He though it was really mean of him to do so. The issue was, how to approach her. He never had trouble approaching women at all. He was not a player but he could speak to them plainly as if they were already acquainted. Yet Kaal, just seemed to be an entirely different being altogether. He just got chocked up when around her. He drops his guard completely when he is near her. It is just a mystery as to why he acts so nervous around her. But today, he was going to conquer himself and finally build his relationship with the cook.

Drexal made his presence disappear bd faded into the atmosphere. His image vanished with the next person walking by as if the wind took his being away in an instant. He then found himself on the rooftops running along looking for Kaal and where she could be. Looking all over town, he saw no sight of her in the main parts. It was not until he began to head back that Drexal found Kaal resting by the sea, by herself. It was a perfect moment, just her and him.

He hopped on the nearest electrical line and electo-glided along the wires. There was a single line heading just before you reached the beachy part near the sea. Drexal then hopped off of the line and landed silently on his feet. He stood up and got himself together, straightening his clothes and checking his breath. Popped a mint just for assurance. There is no such thing as a stinky ninja ya know.

He slowly approached the goddess, clearing his mind of all useless thoughts like how she will react and such. Drexal composed himself and dropped his guard. She should feel his presence getting nearer and when he was close enough he spoke, "Hey Kaal, mind if I join you?"
Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

Kaal-Ratri

She sat on a rock as waves came in a strange rhythm, crashing against the shore, plaing tug with it. Each time a big wave crashed, she'd be drizzled with ocean mist. She just sat there thinking of the events of the past few days. Suddenly, being reminded that she was all alone left a unwanted taste in her mouth.

She wondered who was the girl on Sallator, certainly it wasn't her. Kaal would never had acted like that, perhaps Hawthorne summed it up aptly though he was a bit too blunt about it. But she can't go up to him to sort things now, that bridge was burnt. She hoped that he won't interrupt in her way nor would she impede his business.

After seeing the budding love between her company, earlier in the day. She certainly craved love. Not because of lust but because she wanted to belong. Such a thought would have been outrageous to her earlier self. One who had love then but didn't value it. Going through her journey again today certainly watered down her spirits.

How immortality is a bane, not many would know. She sat in a region filled with cutthroats and scum of the world and yet the aura she radiated was a fair warning to anyone foolhardy enough. She was not a woman to mess on a good day and this day wasn't any good. The emotional turmoil that wreaked havoc inside her had a tangible chance of pouring out in the world.

For a very brief moment, she felt that she may lose control. Though an electrical disturbance from a bit further behind her broke her out of the trance. As a familiar presence soon appeared on her peripheral vision, she tried her best to tidy herself up.

The lone tear that had snaked through the beautiful contours of her face was wiped from the back of the hand and an imitation of a cheerful smile was put in place.

"Hey Kaal, mind if I join you?" came a deep voice from her back, Kaal put on a smile trying her best to hide her melancholy from the young kid. The muscles strained hard to feign happiness as she said to the newcomer without turning.

"Not at all, love. How is my favorite shinobi? Geo keeping your stomach full?" she inquired with an energetic tone. She sensed a change in his voice, a little confidence seemed to have crept in there. She decided to prod more to get something out. Usually, he just sat around her lock-jawed munching onto anything she would offer.

She took out some shepherd's pie she had cooked for the children a while back and broke it in two parts. Offering a part to him as she motioned him to sit beside her. She certainly wanted to see this changed Drexal, maybe things would be somewhat interesting. She can't stay down for long.

"So what's on your mind? Wanna share with this old hag." she asked him with a slight tease.

Edited by Cancion de muertos, 13 September 2014 - 05:41 PM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
"Not at all, love. How is my favorite shinobi? Geo keeping your stomach full?" Drexal was warmly welcomed by the woman with some pie and a smile. He noticed her wipe a year from her eye as he was a very observant person. Though he didn't dive directly into what was bothering her. It was always good to let things just flow and only ask once comfort is built. He smiled back and accepted the token of friendship.

"Ha ha, Geo does well but I endeavor to watch what I eat. If I indulge to far into his food, I would sleep too often from the 'Itis'," Drexal replied with a laugh. It was true that Geo was an amazing cook. What made this funny was that Drexal was a bottomless pit. He could eat tons of food as though a parasite was living inside of him. Yet, somehow, he was always so nimble and swift.

She continued, "So what's on your mind? Wanna share with this old hag." Drexal saw her tease him a little, her black hair blowing in the breeze as she smiled at him.

"Old hag? You are hardly old in my eyes." He replied with a slight skirt back.

Then that smile was erased into a look of guilt. "I honestly want to say that I should have been there with you all. I should have been there fighting that guy with you. Instead everyone was hurt and I worried about you the most." He looked down onto the ground and located a small, smooth rock. Picking it up, he looked up into the sky. "Ya know, it's funny, after saying that, I realized that you probably didn't even think about me being a coward." His face relaxed a bit. Not needing to go on about this whole shebang, he decided to start talking to Kaal about some personal things.

"It's been about a year now and this is the first time we actually talked like this." He relaxed his body by stretching his legs out and moving his arms backwards some while supporting his weight on them. "I overheard your conversation with Dan and Remy and it really caught me by surprise. I never thought such powerful beings existed. I knew you always was called yourself an old hag but I never once thought you meant it. Why didn't you say anything before?"
Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

Kaal-Ratri

"Old hag? You are hardly old in my eyes." Drex replied with a hint of feigned shock. 'Don't go on that bridge boy' Kaal thought to herself watching the young one. He grew grim all of sudden then, a look of guilt in his eyes as he apologized for not being on the fight with the Warden at Cipher docks. He mused about her opinion of him and Kaal thought about why it mattered to him so much. He recounted on their first time and the subsequent year that has followed, Kaal was yet to see him this relaxed perhaps his barriers were slowly crumbling down. He told that he overheard her conversation from earlier, though she would have liked to tell him personally but expositions about one's past had a way putting you in a bind most often.

"You may phrase it like you want and feel the guilt over it but I know for certain, that you were working behind the scenes doing your part. Apart from Remy and Dan, no one suffered major injuries and that matchup was a good insight into the lack of coordination among us all. So it was a blessing in a way that we saw styles of each other. I think the your style is such that it can compliment anyone so your absence from the exercise was a advantage to expose the flaws of our teamwork." Kaal said reassuringly, looking into the distance and patting the thigh of the shinobi sitting besides her.

The light dulled in her eyes as she pondered on the answer to the question he had thrown.

"Well you never asked" came her simple reply.

"The first time I met you, I knew that you got interested. But in a subtle way, I wanted to dissuade you and guide you towards people your age." she spoke with a sagely look on her face. "You know, even cougars have a range." she chuckled.

"I wanted you to go out and experience and not settle on the first one you came across and found interesting." she said in a gentle tone. "You know Remy, even though she is younger than me and I know you two share a good rapport, even she is a few centuries old if not more." she stopped looking towards the crashing waves and feeling the ocean mist on her face.

"While looks may not fade in my case, my soul has grown weary. I wouldn't want you to settle for that when you could meet a sprightly young lass with world in her eyes." she finished, matching his posture and relaxing by leaning back.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
You ever heard that cliche saying 'Age is nothing but a number'? That is exactly what was going through the mind of Drexal. He was sort of unsure how to reply. It was true, she was immensely older than he was. Yet, he did not care about that at all. He even knew his eventual death would cause her great pain. In truth she was absolutely right. He would grow old. She would stay as young as she wanted. But that was not on his mind at all. The only thing he saw was, "You are the most radiant soul I have ever met." That was the answer to her question. "I have met so many other women before, I have been on plenty is dates and thrown tons of parties. Women have flocked to me. Yet, I do not get the same feeling from them as I do from you."

Drexal paused for a moment and exhaled again. He could see where his words might have sounded like he was putting too much pressure on her. He had to tone it down or he would just cause her to run away. "Kaal, you are not a goal to reach in my life. You are someone special to me. I want to spend more time with you. Even these moments here are precious to me. " Drexal then moved his hand close enough for his finger tips to touch Kaal's ever so slightly. "However, even for a brief moment in time, I want to bring you companionship."
Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

Kaal-Ratri

The young one seemed to have shed all his shackles behind and seemed to have suddenly found courage to speak his heart. Though she appreciated the effort and the intent, she didn't agree with him. He was driven by desire, in a weird sense she was the forbidden fruit. He brought his fingers close to nearly touch hers and corrected his posture to sit straight.

Kaal slowly grabbed his hand in a warm grip as she turned to him, "I appreciate this and honestly am really happy about it too. But remember Drex, you always will be a child I would love to take care off. Someone who brings me a lot of joy but I implore you to find the love of your life in someone who can give you joy which I can't."

With this she leaned forward taking his head in her hand and kissed his forehead. Rubbing his back she turned to the sea, little beads glimmering in her eyes under the evening sun. The muscles no longer strained to put on a smile, it was natural and she felt better. Like a little kid brightening up your day, Drex came like heaven's will.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
Her words stung deep. It seemed like Drexal was fighting a losing battle. Even her actions were motherly towards him. Yet, somehow, he was okay with the outcome. It was his loss, but his words gave her the comfort she needed. The assurance and recognition someone like her longed for. Maybe it won't be so bad having her in his corner in this capacity. Besides, her joy was enough to make him alright. He knew he was going to protect her. He was going to protect everyone on the guild. The two just sat very close together for a while in silence as the sea ebbed and flowed back and forth. The Shinobi look at Kaal who seemed to have found a resting spot on his shoulder. He realized he had not told her about himself. Though, since she didn't ask he did not bring it up. But, he did have something up his sleeve. Since they had become closer, he figured it would be nice to include her.

"Hey, Kaal," he said as he nudged her a bit to get her attention, "come with me, I feel like messing with someone important." Drexal had a devilish look on his face. You could tell he was up to no good. He pulled out a phone and began sending text messages. "I'm sending out the call now. Soon, hopefully, the team will be ready. There is a certain big shot who needs to be taken care of here." He then shows her the phone and the names on the list. On it were Capt, Itano, Geo, and Kross. "You know what time it is don't you? It's Chaos time."
Spoiler