Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[RP][Tales of Batoto] Chapter 1

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

TjMOBXZ.png

[Chapter 1]

Patoll Port

February 5th 207NF

Wednesday, 11:30AM

The city of Patoll was a rather shady looking place, but despite that it held a certain feeling of energy, the docks were noisy with activity, and even merchant ships were spotted. A cityscape dominated by browns, with gray for the roads leading up to District 1, where it seemed greenery began to grow, likely the richer parts of town. Looking out down the other direction it just went into rows and rows of run down and abandoned shops and residential buildings, and not even a single shop in sight in that direction either, he guessed that's where all the small gangs decided to hole up. As the black ship came to a halt and properly moored, Rastia could feel the preying and harsh stares from some of the residents hanging around the docks. They were sure to lower the Blades of Fealty flag before docking. Considering that the Blades do not have any set in uniform other than a badge that most do not actually wear and only keep for identification, they shouldn't immediately recognize them.

For now their first order of business was to find a place to call their headquarters. Possibly one of the lower district buildings, but he would prefer to avoid them, due to indiscriminate and common attacks. He's been here once before to gather intelligence on a pirate they were trying to capture, so he knew this city somewhat well. Someone like Sciutto though, should be rather familiar with this outlaw island nation.

"Hmmm... I think it'd be good if we could find a shipyard and make that our hideout...", he said to himself. Likely though, any shipyard around here was being occupied. There were also small islands surrounding them, and he spotted a few good little coves to maybe use.

"Well, I guess I better get looking then", he decided, stepping off the ship and into the city. Why did they need a new base of operations perhaps? Because very soon it was going to become impossible to dock at anywhere other than Patoll for repairs and resupply.

OOC

Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

Kaal Ratri

Coming to Patoll

February 5th 207NF

Kaal hid the makeshift kiln in time as she heard the door click behind her. She had been busy making little icebreakers for the gunman and the frost mage as she heard one of the targets walk in. She certainly looked a lot better than where Kaal had left her but still sapped of energy by the tired looking green orbs.She intended to make a funny quip before settling down in front of her and taking a thread to tidy up her bed hair. The Frost magi would find herself magically lifted from her chair then with a magic that wasn't her own but carried no malicious intent at all.

"I want you to rest well, love." Kaal then said playfully as she got off her chair and took the Magi in a princess carry her muscles much firmer and strong than what her form belied. She walked slowly towards the Magi's room as a tendril of black energy shut the Quartermaster's hold behind her.

"You see though I really appreciate what you did back there at Sallator, but I won't want to loose my wingman so early would I?" she gave the petite Magi a coy grin as they came up to her chambers. A tendril then gently pushed the oak door to find the gunman sleeping soundly. Slumped on a chair beside the bed, like a guardian guarding an already lost treasure. She gently walked to the bed and set the Magi down. A click of her finger then revealed the makeshift kiln that was following her into the Magi's room. The gunman would wake up to the appetizing whiff of a fine pie.

"There is Bougatsa for you sweetie and Coulibiac for the fine young man." she said, handing her a large piece of delicious and painstakingly put together pie. "Now eat up and tell me more about yerself before I busy myself with resupply." she winked at the Magi as she hovered in front of her sitting in a traditional pose with legs folded. Carefully, glancing over the fact that she also had a sweet surprise for them in her moving kiln.

Getting to know each other over a meal. Check.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Geo

Geo

Potato

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationThe Hood

Geo made a pretty good bowl of snacks that people can take in the kitchen. Noting that some people eat more than others, it might not last that long. Luckily his foresight was pretty good and made an extra bowl or two just in case. He sat down on a stool that he has now called his own in the kitchen, and lounged for a little while. He had multiple thoughts that he really didn't get to know most the crew members in the ship, and he has been doing not a lot. He guess that beating up some pretty weak enemies with his little pet two headed puppy was nice, but he didn't fight of that Warden. He looked like a challenge though, to bad that it didn't participate in the battle. Who knows, maybe his body started the aging process again and he's now really getting too old for this kind of things. But a little look in the reflective surface of the table in the kitchen showed that he was still young looking.

Alas, the ship finally docked at the wonderful, luxurious paradise called Patoll. Geo looked at the place he describe sarcastically and had some memories from his endless travels across the world. Patoll was amusing though, there were plenty of thugs that underestimated and jumped him in a hopeless attempt to take his belongings. The brawl was pretty short though, everyone was knocked out a lot, and maybe some had a terrible concussion, but that's what they get.

"I guess I can find the market again to restock on some ingredients..." He said as he started to exit the ship unto the worn down lands. "Man, that bar fight from a long time ago gives me some memories with the Captain."

In the market, he managed to get a good bargain on some fresh ingredients. As long as you know the city, you can actually find some really good stuff right around the corner. The first time he tried to resupply, he was pretty much scammed. It was a bad day for him, and a bad day for the scammers. He wondered if he will see them again, it would be simply marvellous.

He took what he can carry and stocked up the kitchen. After that, he started to go for another round in Patoll.

Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself.

Memento Mori - Remember to Die.

SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts

The Hunter

After the medical personnel had come and gone, it didn't take Dan very long to fall asleep again. This time, he rested his weary body across the foot of the bed with his feet resting on the floor. Awkward as the position may have been, it was more comfortable than the chair. He slept lightly, snapping open an eye at any given sound, but for the most part the night passed quietly. Here and there would come a noise, such as a larger than average wave slamming against the side of the ship or a set of running footsteps and cackling laughter as somebody rapidly retreated from the scene of a prankish crime, but such things were easily dismissed in favor of continued slumber. Remy, for her part, stirred twice; once when she initially woke and inspected her healed wounds, and again several minutes later when she altered her orientation to place her head near his. Whether or not she saw the slight smile his mouth cracked into as he drifted off again didn't much matter. 

Several hours later, his eyelid flew up again as he heard the sheets shifting. The sunlight drifting in through the porthole window told him it was morning. That likely meant duties would be resuming soon. Which meant the frost magus would be getting dressed shortly. As if confirming his suspicions, he felt the slight chill of her breath as she leaned down and kissed him lightly on the forehead, much like a farewell tiding. Things would get very awkward, very shortly if they continued as they had until then. Thankfully, the solution was simple. With a slight heave, he rolled his body over so he laid on his stomach, swung his right arm across just in front of his head, and promptly slid his face into the bend of his inner elbow. It took several minutes, but he finally heard the quarters door open and quietly close again, giving him the impetus to check for a clear coast. When he found it as such, he replaced his face in his arm with a brief mutter.

"Huuuuurm. Five more minutes..."

Careful what you wish for.

Dan got his five minutes, alright. And as soon as the 300th second ticked away, the door opened again as Kaal came strolling in with Remy in unwitting tow. The scent filling the room that meant she'd brought food would give her barely enough leniency to scape punishment for disturbing his rest. The tendril wrapping around his ankle and tossing him into the air to make room for Remy and the pies on the bed, not so much.

"Hrm. Coulibiac? Little early in the day for a salmon dish, isn't it?"

But then again, food was food. As he banished the sleep from his eyes with a rapid shake of his head, he gripped the pie by the dough and brought the other end to his mouth. After chewing through the first bite, he decided to address what was almost certainly Kaal's ulterior motive for the gathering.

"Well. How about a little Q & A session then, since we all know each other to an extent? Given my actions of late, I sincerely doubt I'd be in the right to go asking questions first, so why don't I open the floor here then."

Edited by Shakespeare with a Sword, 03 July 2014 - 06:55 AM.

2rD2TPI.gif

Myself, as told by a Hawk;

Spoiler

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!
Remy Antoinette Charlevoix
"The Mistress of Time"

Tying up her hair into a tight braid, Remy suddenly found herself in the magical grasp of the deity herself. Indignantly, her cheeks would puff out at first as the goddess spoke to her over the concern about the magi not getting enough rest;though her expression would soften into slight worriment as she realized where they were headed back towards.

The very same place where she had left the slumbering huntsman, her private quarters.

Briefly, a nervous flush would flare up upon her cheeks as she was settled just a few feet away from the gunman upon her bed once more. Sitting almost rigidly in front of Kaal and Dan alike, Remy offered a slightly embarrassed smile as she was offered a delicious looking and smelling food. Not being one to reject such a kind gift, she lightly plucked the piece away fro the deity and took a small bite to naturally savor the flavor.

Listening carefully, Remy's stiffened poise eased into one that was much more relaxed as Kaal question was just as innocent as her intentions had initially seemed to be. "Tell you more about us?" The magi quipped initially in response, tapping the end a fork against the bottom of her softened lip in thought.

She had already told Kaal so much, wouldn't it be better if Dan started this round? Glancing sideways at the hunter, it were almost as if he read her mind as he opened the floor for questions in a simple but effective gesture.

What questions did she have for the hunter. Truth be told, there were many questions that she wanted to ask...though none of them could really be put to words in such company. Somehow, she had earned the trust of the man, and she was unsure if Kaal had won such as well. Biting her bottom lip in hesitation, her eyes darted to the porthole as the sun began to rise over the open sea as she contemplated just what to say.

"Well...question one!" She exclaimed, clasping her hands together over the silky texture of her lap and settling comfortably upon her mattress. "Dan, I know a lot about you...but I don't know may things as well...so, what might your favorite books be?" The magi asked softly, tilting her head to the side inquisitively.

She could recall the titles he was reading at the library, but she wasn't sure if they were ones he was using for research, or if they were books he used for leisure. After all, she intended to give him a second gift for saving her life...In addition to something precious later.

tumblr_o3sndbSAhX1qctrupo2_500.gif

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

Kaal Ratri

A chat over chow.

The Gunaman immediately tidied himself and took the salmon pie, uttering a witty remark instead of thanks, back to a self Kaal had known. The magi on the other had was a bit stiff and rigid as Kaal had set her on her bed but she too soon warmed up to her little gesture. Offering a sweet smile that suited her more than the icy frown she usually held, she thoughtfully considered Kaal's question before asking Dan about books.

Books! are you serious, girl? Kaal facepalmed mentally as she offered a wry smile to her question. Then it occurred to her that the two in front of her may have known each other much better than she had known them and this question was a setup for a date later, her insides tingled and her smiled turned genuine as her favorite pass time was right there in front of her. But acting with caution she decide to get her questions in.

"Okay, so Dan is first." she said out aloud.

"So, honey, tell me about your earlier place. I take it that you aren't from this realm either and that stuff about your contractors was more or less your new beginning." she began, "But I have known you for centuries and yet I haven't seen this side of you." she pointed at him "This happy, risk taking side, you were all doom and gloom before. Plus, you wield guns like they are blades of something. I have never served a mission with you, but were you always this flashy and blade-master like?" she asked breathlessly, pausing for a bit before shooting a final volley.

"And finally, a joint question for you both before I get to Remy, what is the deal with this Hawthorne fellow? I mean, seriously that guy gets on my nerves and he called me really crass names with being provoked?"she said turning a bit serious. "I think you both, Rastia and Hawthorne know about each other from before, but if ya'll don't want me, just say the word. I'll be out, no questions asked?" she looked curiously at Dan for some answers.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts

The Hunter

For Your Listening Pleasure

It started out innocent and simple enough, Remy was asking about his reading habits. Specifically, what his favorite books were. At first, he gave her a quizzical look; after all, how could she not know such things? Then his look softened as he realized the matter. As long as the two of them had known one another, they'd never really spent much time together. As a result, they barely knew anything about each other's personal lives. He'd have to make a mental note to remedy that more fully in the future, perhaps when they weren't on the run from the governments of the world at large. But, for the time being...

"Hmm. My favorite book... Usually I gravitate toward book series, particularly of the fantasy kind, but if I had to pick a standalone to call a favorite... Aha. I know. Alexandre Dumas' The Count of Monte Cristo and Tom Clancy's The Hunt for Red October. Although The Kite Runner and Tolkien's The Two Towers are also up there."

He smiled as he took another bite of pie, waiting for the next question. He expected it to come from Kaal. What took him by surprise was the subject matter of which she inquired; she was asking about where he came from and what he had done there.

His smile vanished from his face like an assassin slipping into the shadows. His breath stalled in his throat as his guard came up on reflex... before being forced out in a long exhale as he willed himself to drop said guard and leave it down. He was done with the hiding and the running; if these, his two dearest friends on Batotia, wanted to know about his past, what right had he to keep it from them?

Every right, he told himself, Considering how personal it is. But nothing says I have to disclose every detail.

"Remy..." he asked softly after some time, recalling a particular field of ice sculptures in the Quartermaster's Hold, "How much does she know already?"

The elven girl nodded in response, biting the tip of her index finger as she remembered what she had shared with Kaal several days before.

"Only that I came from there, and of the Prophecy we discovered. And, also, of my... foolish endeavor in love."

He gave a curt nod to her before speaking again.

"I see. Well, Kaal, you are correct, Batotia is not my place of origin. That... dubious honor belongs to a place called On'Eman. The very same realm from which Remy came. It was a very prosperous land, full of happy people existing in relative harmony. We had a certain deity to thank for that harmony, a goddess we called Sangre de la Rosa. Not her true name, but she only revealed that to a select few."

"Namely, she revealed it to the Four Wardens. Four individuals who had been elected by the primordial elements of the world to wield their power in defense of the land. I know for certain that you're familiar with the first, our little Warden of Water. Or Warden of Ice, as I'm sure she prefers," He said with an aside glance toward Remy.

"The second was the Warden of Earth. That was our own version of Rastia, who was very similar to the one you know, but they are separate entities. That much I can be certain of. Our Rastia, for his part, was a man with an iron sense of justice who placed the well being of the world before everything."

"The third, the Warden of Fire, was a man named Hawthorne. He and I had an... on and off relationship. One day we'd be the best of buds, the next we'd be at each other's throats. Couldn't deny that he had power though, and he knew how to use it. Or misuse it, as it was sometimes the case."

"And the fourth, the Warden of Air..." Dan said as he raised his right palm before him and closed his eyes. With a sudden rush a gust of wind whipped up in the cabin, with the tiny vortex centering on his palm until it became a small sphere of constantly rotating air spinning above his hand, "Was me. And as you likely suspect, it was a time in my life when I was a swordsman rather than a gunslinger."

With a clench of his hand the sphere dissipated. He borrowed a moment and took another bite to help steady himself before moving on.

"Now, as I'm sure Remy mentioned, after some time our land started to whither away. It was a slow, agonizing death of the realm that began at its edges. And try as we might, nothing we came up with could stop it. That was when we stumbled across a prophecy. It told us that the realm's life could be extended, but to do so would require the life of a Warden."

He paused for a moment as he inhaled deeply, casting another glance at the frost magi, his countenance and his voice becoming more somber with every word.

"I believe you know of what occurred next. We were both fortunate and unfortunate enough to have one of our own volunteer. What you do not know is that the ritual did not exactly succeed. The Death creeping across the land halted in its tracks within a minute of... of the deed being done. But it did not recede. We conducted some additional research, and the conclusion we arrived at was that while one Warden was enough to stop the Death in its tracks, it would take a second to reverse it. This time, Hawthorne was the one to volunteer. Nobody quite understood his reasoning, but he did it all the same. And with his sacrifice, the land was once again restored to its full beauty and form."

"And yet, it didn't. The luster never quite returned all the way. The air still blew with splendor and the earth still sprouted and grew with majesty, but the fires never glowed quite as bright, nor did the rains and snow fall as merrily. In hindsight, I think they remained in mourning for their Wardens. But I never really took the time to notice it, not when Rastia and I now had to split the realm between us two rather than us four. In the end, we agreed to tackle it in hemispheres; I took the west, and he the east. Things were peaceful for several years after that. And then..."

Another pause was issued by the gunman. Instead of looking his friends in the eyes, his head bowed forward as his hands folded in his lap. He shuddered quietly as he drew in a breath, and when he spoke again his head remained down, as if he was attempting to pray.

"And then... something happened. Something that you'll both have to forgive me for not speaking of. Suffice to say, a calamity befell that world shortly thereafter. A calamity that I hold a share of responsibility for. And because of that I... I can no longer call On'Eman my home."

Slowly, he raised his head and forced a neutral look onto his face. His eyes, however, still retained the sadness and the grief carried in his words.

"That is the cause of my coming to Batotia. I was forced to flee from that place, to run away from... from what I had done. I know not of what eventually became of it, but as I understand, On'Eman hasn't existed for a thousand years."

Sensing the next question, he held up his hand as the other fiddled with something behind his neck.

"And I arrived here... by way of this."

His hand finished fiddling behind his neck and he drew forth from within his shirt a small chain, attached to which was a miniature hourglass filled with what appeared to be tiny amethysts, which he set on the bed in the middle of the triangle they had formed. For Kaal, the magic contained within it would set her senses off like a steel bar passing beneath a metal detector. For Remy, her senses wouldn't even be required- it had been her parting gift to him before she went to the volcano.

"I really should thank you for that," he said to her, "You've no idea what the ability to borrow your time magic did for me in my time of need."

Edited by Shakespeare with a Sword, 08 July 2014 - 10:13 AM.

2rD2TPI.gif

Spoiler

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!

"The Mistress of Time"

In her little cabin, the game of twenty questions began. Initially, she had truly asked such a shallow question as she was unsure of exactly how deep the deity in front of her wished to go. However, as Kaal had grasped her question with a touch of what seemed to be disdain and then opened upon Dan with her own, the Magi soon came to realize the gravity of everything that was likely to be soon discussed.

That being said, his books of preference would still be noted for future use.

Trepidation from Dan was something that they were met with first, and Remy would look to him nervously as she observed his construction of thoughts and deciding how to give them voice.

Finally, he began to speak, and he told a tale that very much mirrored her own in any ways. Even so, she would listen, clinging onto every word and syllable as she was certain he had difficulty saying them. As his tone took upon a somber note, her fingertips gingerly raised to touch his shoulder in support as she sidled over to sit beside him. Luminous eyes of green dulled in the misery of everything that happened, and her opposite hand settled upon her lap.

Yet he finished his words with something she hadn't expected. He revealed an artifact that he held in his possession, a minuscule hourglass beset in amethysts and thin lines of gold.

Her eyes widened in utter shock as she was rendered breathless for just a moment. Those with eyes that were mundane would not be able to see it, but those who could truly see the magic around them just might have been terrified. Power. Sheer magical power resonated from the small piece of gold, gems, and glass. Power that she had once wielded on a bygone day and age, that could have made even the greatest of magi on this realm tremble at the very thought.

"That's..." Was all she could say for a moment as instinctively, her hand reached for her neck. It was a small piece that had once been dangling from a choker she used to commonly wear. Yet her shock softened into a radiant smile. He had kept it, and more importantly, he had used it in a time of need. The very thought that even in death she might have had a hand in the fate of the world brought her a slight piece of joy.

More importantly, her gift to him was something he still possessed...and the magic in it was still as strong as ever. A testament to the magi she had once been.

A testament to the pinnacle of power she could reach again, if she was given the chance.

Finally however, Dan had finished with his answer; so now it was very much time for her own. Uneasily, the Magi intertwined her fingertips upon her lap and cast an almost steely expression as she contemplated just about how to go about things. Taking a deep breath before letting a sigh of resignation escape her, the Magi closed her eyes but for a brief moment before beginning.

"Elijah," she began, her tone being so bittersweet. "Or Hawthorne as everyone else seems to know him by, was my opposite in the first half of my story, Kaal." She offered a slight smile as she remembered both good and bad days alike from the past. "People had wrote songs of us, of how the legendary wardens of fire and water danced in ways that only so many could ever imagine. Yet, as you know...it was not meant to be."

"When the prophecy came to be known, I was the first to step forward to be a sacrifice. And as a result, some people detached themselves from me...perhaps at distaste for the very thought. Either way..." Her gaze settled to meet Dan's just for a brief second, something that he'd only be able to perceive with his huntsman's eyes. "It matters no longer, I've found what I've always wanted...and I couldn't be happier."

"Elijah's disgruntled demeanor with you lies in the choice I made, Kaal." She whispered softly as walls tended to be so incredibly thin. "That being said, you don't deserve the anger he has given you, that is my fault in many ways. So I will weather that storm, and I'd rather see you stay. I grew accustomed to always having a divine presence around, and I would miss it." Offering a more playful wink then to try and uplift the morbid mood that had overcome the three, she stretched slightly before resting her elbows upon her lap, and her chin upon a palm.

"Oh yes, and this Rastia is one that is foreign to me. Although there are some trademark similarities, he is not the Warden of Earth I had once known." Quipping a wry grin, she took upon herself a bemused expression. "It's almost as if he has multiple copies of himself running throughout many worlds...I wonder Dan, if you used that hourglass to travel again, maybe you would meet a new Rastia." Pausing at the end of that however, the slender girl would look back to the goddess with an inquisitive gaze.

"Does that sufficiently answer your questions?"

Edited by Feisty-Pants, 08 July 2014 - 12:49 PM.

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

Supreme_Lurker_Primo

Supreme_Lurker_Primo

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,703 posts
  • LocationSomewhere. Nowhere. Everywhere.

Ein Flora Ida Luria

Patoll Port

February 5th 207NF

Ein ventured out of Patoll Port and into the city.  She carried a  potions, meds, bondage, and other medical goods that were a bit short of a shortage from the Warden. She looks at the city with amusement and interests, how far human technology has venture.  She scurried off, taking twist and turn into alleys ways and restraining any one that mistaken her as an easy target.  she sighed, perhaps it would be easier to just combine all the lists from each of us then have one person do all the restocking, but might run into the problem of misinterpretation of instructions so would had been easier to individually restock.  

She found a nice sunny spot and decided she would eat and ponder what to do next.

"Perhaps I should acquaintance myself with more people, I feel I am strangering myself from them or the other way around.  Hm..." Luria took out her flute and filled the air with a tune immerse in nostalgia and melancholy as she absorbed the delicious sun ray the warmth coursing thought ever cellulose fiber of her being.  

bhestw.jpgTincek-Marincek

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

Kaal Ratri

A chat over chow! - part duex

What followed her questions was what she had expected in the least. Dan went on to pour his heart out, quite literally as he elaborately described his origins in full tragic detail. His tale, like Remy, was full of tragedy, despair and tough luck, she also sensed a slight acceptance of his love for the Ice magi that sat among them. Kaal for one was a sucker for such stories and instances, so much so that she had read the entirety of such literature that this realm had to offer. As she wiped off some heartfelt tears that had streamed down her face listening to their recollection. She replied weakly to the Magi's question with an affirmative nod.

"Pretty much." she said as she eyed the eldritch artifact that Dan held in his palm, one that bespoke of potent magics conceived by really powerful entities. To think that in their realm both of her newfound 'friends' were so powerful was a happy experience for her. Rarely, did she came across people bequeathed with such immense power potential.

"I'll certainly will like to meet this 'deity' friend of yours some day" she said after a pause, her normal voice back. "I think we'll make a good match, I certainly miss my sister a lot sometimes." she said looking into a distance.

"But it is very much like you, in doing what you did" she said looking at Remy. "Though I still doubt that Hawthorne was so gallant as you said he was." she said with a bit of a thought, his piercing words still singing in her ear. She turned to Dan then, "I hope you won't have to run from here, hun. You both can live happily in each other's embrace here." and there she was again complete with a sheepish grin, pairing them up unabashedly as was her hobby.

"Now that you have answered my questions, are there any you wish to get an answer off me?" she said looking at both of them with a sagely smile, all the mischief from a moment before passing on as a slight ripple on a still pond's surface.

Edited by Diabolical Rhapsody, 10 July 2014 - 03:56 AM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts

The Hunter

Remy had chimed in to help Kaal understand what had happened, and on the whole the tale seemed to go over well with the goddess. Something about the way the two were talking was unsettling though, namely in regards to the former Warden of Fire. First of all, Remy was speaking of him in the present tense, as if he had arrived in Batotia as well. Adding credibility to that was Kaal having apparently experienced a sour run-in with the man. There was only one way to be sure.

"Judging by how you two are speaking of him, I assume Hawthorne is present here in some sense? And, Remy, I assume he is not an alternate of some kind? Makes some sense. He'd be the last person to die to fire. Though how he got here, THAT is a mystery. I used the hourglass, and I would guess Remy unconsciously did something similar with her raw magics, but I don't think his warping ability had any kind of range in time. But, then, there's no point in dwelling on that of all things, now is there?"

Then something happened that gave him cause to be crestfallen again; Kaal expresses interest in one day meeting the goddess he'd once served.

"Unfortunately, Kaal, I'm afraid that... isn't possible. Not to my knowledge anyway. Sangre... I'd rather not say, if that's alright."

Fortunately, or perhaps unfortunately, he didn't have to think on it long, as Kaal chose that moment to mention his being together with Remy. Heat flooded his face, made only worse by the grin she was wearing, and after a quick glance toward the Magi he found himself quickly turning his gaze elsewhere. Had he thought about the possibility? Certainly, but that didn't make it any less awkward for them to be shipped together so openly! Still, evidently somebody felt they two had potential as a couple. That thought gave him some happiness and, to a degree, some assurance. But that was a matter for a different, more private time.

"Hmm. You mentioned a sister, and as I recall you've touched on her in the past, but you've never gone into much detail regarding her or any other part of your family history. I think I'd like to hear some elaboration on that front, if that alright?"

2rD2TPI.gif

Spoiler

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!

The Mistress of Time

With a bite down upon the last delicious morsel of her food, the Frost Magus simply listened as both Dan and Kaal alike gave their responses and concerns. Particularly when the deity hinted at the two staying together, a vibrant flush crept up on her cheeks as she lended a sideways glance at the Hunter at the exact moment he looked to her. Averting her gaze to the floor then, she bit her lip in the determination to drive such an embarrassing crimson hue away from her face, but to no avail. Instead, she found her hand lightly just crossing the distance and resting upon his free digits warmly with a reassuring smile to the hunter.

He knew, and she knew all too well that she wasn't going anywhere. Not without him, anyway.

What came first from her though, was the answer concerning that of the Flame. "The Elijah that is here is the one and same from the Flame of yesteryear, Dan." She whispered at first, an almost unsettling tone lingering on her lips as she spoke of him. "I am not sure how even I made it across the nether to this place, but beyond any doubt I think he is involved in it. I died. I know I did. The sudden pain and agony of it seething forward in an awful wave only to be swallowed up by the emptiness of darkness. I was dead, I must have been! I think maybe...He brought me back to life."

Thankfully however, the hunter was as quick as his feet and hands when it came to his mind; and he diverted the conversation to that of Kaal's family. This too struck some curiosity in the Magi, as she had always thought that deities were singular entities. Yet she had only mentioned them offhandedly, and usually only when they were brought up in conversation akin to this moment. Even then, it was often cut incredibly short.

It was very peculiar to think, but might have something gone wrong for her, as it had for Dan? Tapping her chin once, thinking about this came to a rather sudden stop as she realized that they had been talking for some time, the still had their duties to attend to! Shaking her head sheepishly at the thought of it, she realized that whatever they direly needed to be done could be handled after this.

Siding slightly closer to the Hunter as he finished his inquiry, the Magi in turn would inquisitively add one of her own! "Quite so! I would love to hear more of your family, Kaal. Tell us more!" Darting her gaze to the hunter again as she intertwined her fingertips with his, she finally asked her question. "You also told me the other day that like me, you were from another realm. What was the name of it? Was there a place like Blades there?" Regaining a more humorous tone, she offered a final question: "And was there a Rastia over on that side too?"

Edited by Feisty-Pants, 18 July 2014 - 02:55 PM.

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Kross

The Return

Walking quietly passed the others, she stopped and gazed around outside. Back in Patoll....Been 3 whole years already, hmm? Well... "Home sweet home..." she muttered, looking and sound expressionless as usual, almost looking bored. Pulling up her hood and masking her face, she was gone. As she walked around Patoll, she started looking at the buildings and took note of several people glancing at her. Looking right back at them, they quickly turned back around and continued to what they were doing before.

Walking on, she briefly considered taking a trip up to District 13 and checking up on her former comrades but swiftly decided against it. Not like they're going anywhere...There's no point anyway...hm. After a few minutes, she finally found what she was looking for. The local bar. With a grin, just what I needed.  I think i'll go ahead spoil myself tonight.

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Crouching Bacon

Crouching Bacon

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 528 posts

“Hoo boy. Home sweet home, I guess.”

Captain Sciutto Rittmeister sighed as she laid the Warlock to rest by Patoll’s docks. The familiar shanties of the pirate city was a sight for sore eyes, but another lecture from her pirate lord mother– not so much.

“Man, we should have used a smaller boat. I’m almost afraid to leave this beauty alone. Who knows what these animals will do to ‘im?”

There was no point in holing up. Sooner or later, her mother’s eyes and ears would spread news of their arrival anyway; better deal with her now than later. She disembarked, throwing off the uniform cap of the Blades of Fealty and replacing it with a traditional pirate bandana.

“Time to revisit old friends and family. We’re gonna need all the favors we can get, at this rate.”

Being hunted down as a convicted criminal was something Sciutto was used to, but the irony of being re-accused of military violations while working under a legal government body was rather frustrating. Hiding places were hard to find, and while Patoll had a lot of holes for snakes to hide in, snakes were still snakes.

A brisk twenty minute walk had her in the middle of the city, a little ways away from the Eighteenth District. She met Travis Zander, a friend who had lost a few limbs in some unfortunate skirmish. They entered a tavern to shoot the breeze and catch up on news. Of course, getting hammered was also on the agenda.

Zander volunteered to buy the first round. Sciutto raised her glass to him then tapped it on his brass leg.

“Whoah. That’s one heavy piece of scrap you got there, Zander.”

“Watch your mouth, kid. One hit from this, and I’ll brush the teeth from your gums.”

“Still as grouchy as ever, eh? So tell me, you got anything interesting for me to hear?”

“Well, your mother’s expecting you.”

“That’s not interesting, Z. She’s always expecting me.”

“It’s different this time.”

“Spare me the drama. Out with it.”

“Captain Amalia lost an arm in a bad raid. This is bad news, Sciutto. You know the government’s been hunting us down pretty bad. On top of that, there’s those filthy rats from District 13. It doesn’t take much for a mutiny. You–”

“Of course. Any excuse to beat those fucking curs up, Z.”

“We’ll be ready by tomorrow. Spend the night in HQ.”

Zander placed some coins on the table and left. It took Sciutto five more sips of ale to realize that she had just agreed to start another civil war on Patoll. In the name of vengeance, no less.

“Well, shit.”

She grit her teeth, picked herself off the table, and marched off to District 18’s headquarters.

Edited by Captain Paper S., 31 August 2014 - 03:27 PM.

Posted Image "Don't make me ship you!"

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

Patoll Port

February 5th 207NF

Wednesday, 12:30PM

An hour had passed since he'd left the ship, for a lawless town Patoll was surprisingly somewhat pleasant, though he knew it held much rougher and more sinister truths behind it all. Regardless, each district did not show any real level of wealth between each one, this was a lawless town after all, no heirarchy here. Only gang and faction wars. The conditions in each district were determined by the gangs in charge. To be honest there was a lot less fighting than he remembered, and it wasn't long since he last came here, which was only a little over a month ago. Someone must be moving for dominance here, and was doing well... Whoever it was, could be a problem later, but right now his concern was finding a place in one of the lower numbered districts to dock the ship properly and more permanently... For the past hour he'd been checking which factions held which dock. He's come to the conclusion that District 4's Sun Raiders seemed to be the best option to take over... Just another gang, though seem to have trouble going out for raids lately based on what he's hearing, but what stood out was the other district docks were already taken by a single faction called the Black Crown. If he was right, the Sun Raiders were probably expecting an attack from the Black Crown, possibly attributing to their lowered activity. That being said, these guys were probably the ones going for a full take-over of Patoll, so it should be an interesting experience fighting them... He felt they would try and take it inevitably.

"Hmmm... Based on how there's so little gang fighting on the streets... The Black Crown may come at night... I should go over there for negotiations perhaps. Maybe we can make allies out of them...", he mumbled to himself. He looked around a bit, and considered bringing some of the crew along, but who...? Sciutto needed to stay with the ship as it's helmsman, maybe Kross? But then he'd have to find her. He saw her leave the ship not too long after he did. Hawthorne might not make things better...

"Might be best to go alone anyway. They'd be less inclined to think it was a trick", then again... He was going to wrest control from them in the end anyway. With plans in mind he made his own way over to the district.

-----------------------------------------

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

| Kross

| A Tavern Somewhere near District 11

Sitting in the tavern, which, unbeknownst to her, was not all that far from the one Sciutto currently sits in, Kross finishes off her 3rd mug. Despite inhaling all that alcohol, Kross kept enough of her senses to observe the actions of everyone around her. Something was off. Something that she had felt before. She had felt something.....different ever since returning to Patoll. Only now, it was growing stronger the longer she remained in the city. While change is usually expected when one has been away long enough, but in Patoll? A little change is one thing, but this was a totally different vibe.

Usually you'd come across much more hostility....a mass of brawls littering the streets but now.... it was a few scuffles and gave off a more dull...pleasant kind of feel. It's much more tame... Far too suspicious. Just what exactly is going? While it doesn't mean much for her personally, it could mean something to the blades. Especially considering the chain of events that lead them all back here. Well, looks like I have little choice. Kross sighed as she stood up. I guess i'll have to pay them a visit after all... Finishing off another mug, she threw down some coin and exited the tavern. Taking a last look around the area, she headed east.

Arriving in District 13, she immediately started attracting attention. Many people stopped to stare her, some in awe, some in shock and some in fear as they started whispering amongst themselves. Paying them no mind, she proceeded a little ways away to an old tall building, the tallest such one in the whole district and one such that people attempt to avoid. For what reason? Simply, it's the Headquarters of District 13's ruling faction, one said to be amongst the strongest in Patoll (though their Egos tend to lead them to think they're top billing), the Red Legion.

Without hesitation, she approached the door and kicked it down, much to the surprise of the Pirates inside who instantly went for their weapons. Looking on in shock and awe, they immediately lowered their weapons, though the shock remained. A taller, older looking man, got up from one of the tables on the far left and started walking towards Kross. "Well, well. Just look what the sea has washed up. Been awhile Kross." the man said with a grin.

"Indeed it has, Alistair." she said plainly as walked over to the nearest table and sat down. Alistair Shaw. A man in his mid-50's but aside from the color of his hair, with the condition he was in, he could've easily passed for a man in his 30's. The 2nd-in-command of the Red Legion, the man commands respect and fear amongst those in Patoll as a tough and ruthless warrior, though some like to refer to him as a mindless savage but that's far off the mark. While he was quite the savage, he was far from mindless. "Where's Ashen?" she asked while flagging down the barkeep for a pint of ale, apparently not having enough from her last stop.

"Ashen, hmm.... You've actually just missed him. He was here an hour or so ago but headed out to meet with a contact over a pressing matter. He should be back in a few hours, though. Why?" he replied as he the 'keeper came around with the drinks. Taking a pint and taking a few swallows.

"Pressing matter? Does it happen to have anything to do with why Patoll seems to be.....different?"

With a sigh, Alistair nodded. "Well, I don't think I need to tell about all the districts trying to assert their power and take over the place, now do I? Good, well anyways, to answer your 'concern', to put it simply, the power balance shifted quite a bit. For the longest time it been Us, The Sun Raiders and those pompous upstarts up in District 18 but the Black Crown is quickly becoming the favorite. Like we'd ever allow that!" Alistair gave a hearty laugh as he swallowed down more ale.

"Speaking of District 18...." Setting down his mug, He went on talking about Captain Amalia and her attempted raid in which they took one of her arms. While normally it would be something one would grin and laugh about, however.... "Fact of the matter is, that while we managed to thrawt the bitch and took an arm, we lost some good men during that failed raid of theres. One of which, was Edgar..."

Edgar, otherwise known as Edgar Vastia, was Ashen's younger brother and among those Ashen brought with him when they confronted Kross all those years ago. "It won't be long before they regroup and strike back. If I were them, i'd attack soon after when they least expect it. So we can expect an attack in the next day or so, 3 at the most. Ashen is getting the attack set as we speak. It's actually quite a blessing that you happened to show up when you did. So how about it Kross? For old times sake?"

Taking another drink from the mug,  she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "I'm sure you're aware I'm now under another ones employ, hm?" She asked rhetorically in a cold matter as Alistair looked a bit annoyed and nodded. With a grin, "As luck would have it, we'd be around here for the forseeable future and I should have some free time. Why the hell not? I'd be glad to take rid Amalia of the other arm. I'm in."

Taking a deep breath himself before bursting out laughing, "You always did have a way with words Kross. Anyways, we're happy to hear it. What's a more perfect way to celebrate your return than to take out the trash in District 18? Ashen should be back in a few hours but you look like you could sleep for a century. Why don't you head on up and get some sleep and we'll come get you when the time comes?" With a nod, Kross left the others at the bar and made her way to one of the spare rooms.

Finally, a real battle this time. Heh

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts

The Hunter

The Warlock, Crew Quarters

Dan and Remy sat there, listening intently as Kaal gave her answer on the subject, nodding every now and then to indicate understanding. As they finished their food and passed some additional questions about, Dan looked out the window and took note of the time of day. That reminded him that he had some duties to attend to while they were in Patoll, and that he had best see to them shortly while things were peaceful.

"Well, as informative and lovely as this has been, I have some shopping that I need to do while we're here. Namely, I need to upgrade my gunsmithing and cleaning tools if I'm going to start throwing around in my old weight class again."

As he heaved himself off the bed and straightened his clothes, he turned back toward the magi who was still seated on the bed.

"And I think I should like some company, if you'd be so kind."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Patoll, District 14

A few minutes later, the two of them were strolling through one of the sprawling city's market areas. District 14, in particular, was often called "Armory Alley" after its plethora of smithy shops and arms dealers of legitimate and shady calibers alike. Armory Alley was also renowned as one of Patoll's swindling capitols; heaven only knew how many times somebody had been duped into paying far too much for knockoffs, mockups, and cheap reproductions of quality weapons there. 

Worse, the unluckiest of them are dead because of the bastard counterfeighters.

Finding an actual, guaranteed quality shop in District 14 was an art in and of itself. But then, it also helped to have an eye for craftsmanship like Dan did. He'd been to Armory Alley several times in his stay on Batotia, sometimes to buy new materials, sometimes to look at the various weapons, other times just to walk around and be near the steel and iron. But today, it was a little different than past visits; after all, it was the first time he'd come to this place with a woman walking arm in arm with him.

It took a little searching, but they finally found the shop managed by one of Dan's old acquaintances from his hunting days. The two immediately set to discussing each other's well being, what Dan was going to be using, and what the shopkeeper's opinion was for what he'd need to keep his equipment in shape. All the while, he kept glancing out the window to the street, keeping an eye on his surroundings. He wouldn't have any sneak attacks, not this time...

2rD2TPI.gif

Spoiler

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
Drexal Maxie

Recap To the Present

Where the heck has the Great One been? Well that is a very complex answer to give. You see, while everyone was busy dealing with the Warden and all those crazy robo-puppies, Drexal was taking care of enemies in the shadows. I mean, at first he just wandered off on his own from the others. He really had a bad feeling about the whole situation but it is how she rolls. He literally lived in constant danger for a good chunk of his life. So being here with BoF is just happy times.

So while he was wandering the halls, and looking around, while hiding in the shadows no doubt, Drexal heard a group of security guards yell for his
name. "Where is that damn ninja?" They had to be talking about him, he just knew it because everyone seems to be looking for "that damn ninja" when looking for him.

"Sir, we searched this entire area and there is no sign of him anywhere," replied some fodder guy who will always remain nameless. Of course the confusion of the guards put a smile on Drexal's face because, he just enjoyed watching these guys lose their marbles. Plus, he was directly above them and nobody EVER seems to look up for anything in the world. Why? Who knows. Soon though, his smile would disappear when the other guards radioed in some information.

"A squad has closed in on targets Halen and Remy. Preparing to capture."

"B squad here, surrounding the ship now. About to apprehend the targets."

"Targets, what are they looking for is for? Why are they after everyone.....Kaal....." These questions ran through his mind. This smelled like a setup but he could only suspect the sages for the setup. But what happened? It was time to find out.

Four guards were in a group. The number was far too small to capture him. Guys of this level were too slow to react and easy to shake up. Drexal took a smoke bomb out of his pocket and dropped it between he four men. The smoke filled the area as the men panicked. Drexal held his breath and closed his eyes in order for the smoke to not affect his senses. Dropping down from the ceiling, he lands behind a guy and touched him on the nape of his neck. A stream of electricity was sent through his nervous system, paralyzing him. Then he SHADOW STEPPED to two other guards and did the same thing. The smoke cleared quickly as it was only one small smoke bomb. There was only one guy left. Drexal SHADOW STEPPED behind the man. He used his left arm to pull the guard's left arm behind his back. Drex'a right arm went around the guard's neck choking tightly. Then he jumped into the air and clung to the ceiling.

"Help hel...mmmm!!!" The guard yelled but was muffled by Drexal's had which began to twist the guard head to a point.

"Shut up and answer all of my questions honestly and quickly," Drexal said, "do anything else and I will drop you on your head. Am I clear."

"Mmhm," said the muffled guard.

"Why are you looking for my guildmates?" Asked the shinobi.

"We were ordered to capture you guys," replied the guard.

"Well I know that dummy. I'm asking why were you ordered too. What crime are you accusing us of committing?"

"We have every suspicion to believe you have stolen the Genesis Script."

"The heck? The hell would we want that for? Don't you know how badass we are? What do we need that crap for?"

"Do you not know it's importance?"

"Do you not know that we don't like to read?"

"Don't like to read?"

"I'm asking the questions here..."

"My bad"

"So what are your exact orders."

"Dead or Alive."

"Hm.. Okay." With that, Drexal sent tons of bolts of electricity though the guy's body, almost roasting the guy. The words "Dead or Alive" pissed him off. It meant the ones above have already made up their minds and have concluded that Blade of Fealty are guilty. He dropped the man onto the ground and ran down the halls towards his group. He could hear battles going on everywhere. Meanwhile, other soldiers were on their way to help out. To help out, he spent most of battles picking off the extra guys to help but time. Once range battle was over, he made his way onto the ship with everyone else and bolted.

--------------The Next Day-------------

A day had passed. Drexal was feeling guilty about what happened back at the library. As he was off trying to fend off fodder, his entire guild was up against a monster that seemed unbeatable. A monster to whom his own abilities would have been a huge asset to the team. Yet, he didn't help. Too many were hurt: Dan, Remy, Kaal especially. It all just weighed on him heavy. If you could see the dejected face of Drexal, you would not even recognize the guy. His heart hurt for his friends and it took a whole lot for him to express these emotions. It's funny, to a shinobi whose whole life was about killing his emotions, Drexal's only downfall was exactly that, his emotions.

He had not slept for days, he actually stayed on the outside of the ship as much as he could, meditating and resting out there. If it weren't for Rastia, Drex would have missed a few meals because he couldn't bring himself to face Kaal. But today was different, he was going to finally face them and apologize for it.

Drexal walked up to the door where he knew Dan and Remy were. He had to at least make an appearance once. There was no question Dan was probably pissed at him and Remy was going to attack him relentlessly. However he didn't fear any of it. What he feared most was the disappointment on their faces due to his absence.

As he was knocking at the door, he heard Kaal's voice talking with Dan and Remy. With the third person there, he was now even more nervous. But, what caught him off guard was the conversation. It peaked his interest and just started listening for a while. The whole truth came out as he heard who Dan and Remy really were. A whole alternate world where there was another Rastia and Hawthorne was from there too. "This is too wild." He whispered to himself. He couldn't bring himself to enter into the room at that point. The emotions were too heavy and his entry might end up causing a problem more than resolve an issue. He opted out and headed to his own room, the conversation being on his mind. "An alternate world....On'Eman..."

-------------Present-------------

Drexal set out early to just feel the earth. They had been traveling for a while now they were in Patoll. A place he knew very well. It was this place that he did a lot of business both personal and contractual. In his former line of work, he was had showed up to steal precious pieces or to keep said pieces safe. Sometimes he had to body guard from the shadows. That was past and this is now. Today, was strictly personal as he just wanted to see what was going on.

Looking around for a while, he stopped 2 or 3 burglaries from happening. Well, most people didn't notice the ninja on the rooftops walking around, remember, nobody ever looks up. A Kunai thrown to the nick dropped those guys in their tracks. Even with all the excitement, he could not help but continue to think about the whole "alternate world" thing. Plus, he still had not found a way to talk to anyone on the ship.

Just as he was feeling like he was too whimpy, he spotted Remy and Dan in a weapon shop. Drexal took a deep breath and exhaled. He gathered himself with a few slaps to the face and then another deep breath to compose himself. He could tell Dan was on kill mode around here, as he should be so Drexal approached calmly into the shop.

"Hey Dan, Remy. It's been a while since we spoke and I just.....well...I," the worlds would not come out. He looked at them and then looked down and bowed. "I was not there to help you guys and you both got hurt, I'm sorry and I hope you can give me the opportunity to earn your trust." He pushed it all out at once. He bowed and waited for a response. Any response would do, as long as he was not ignored. Plus, he had questions for them too.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!
Mad World

The morning time conversation dress on for hours, the three getting into some interesting questions along the way. Yet as the morning expired into the early afternoon, Remy caught the hint of time running short at the exact moment that Dan had. There was still much to be done, supplies to be ordered and retrieved alongside food to be purchased. After all, it was her duty as the quartermaster's assistant to at least make time to get one of those while Kaal could obtain the other. Smoothly rising off the mattress to stand and stretch with her fingertips intertwined above her head, a sigh of relief escaped her as Dan spoke up first.

It seemed he intended to go shop for weapons upgrades, which naturally grant her a chance to resupply the weapons stores that had been expended by none other than the gunman himself. Nodding with a softened smile to the idea that she'd get to keep him company, the Magi glanced over to the goddess.

"There is still much to be done!" The girl began exasperatedly, "I'll resupply weapons and ammunition and you retrieve the food stores, does that sound fair?" Though someone as seemingly delicate as the Magi seemed ill suited for the grease, dirt, and grime of a weapons store; the fact that she would be walking alongside the gunman would very easily make up for it. "We'll be off now, take care Kaal! Don't have too much fun. Maybe Geo can help you find the cooking supplies he works with the best!" With a final sly wink, she followed Dan out of her quarters and into the light of the day.

Casually falling in stride alongside the gunman, her step smoothly matched his while her arm gently snaked around his, ending with her thumb resting gently upon his bicep. Occasionally glancing at him out of the corner of her eye, the Magus remained quiet with an expression of absolute serenity. Emerald eyes that no longer shone with the light of immortality watched children run and play through the bustling streets, and also caught the envious stares that the gunman was getting. Those of highborne blood were rare, and one that was actually willing to get close to a human was even more unlikely.

And from the way she looked at him from time to time, it was plain that he was the apple of her eye.

Finally the world arrive at a weapons shop that Dan seemed to trust, and she reluctantly relinquished her grasp on his arm so he could talk to the shopkeeper. First, the elderly balding man had seemed leery of her, but he completely relaxed as he and Dan began talking as a whole. Meanwhile, the Magus went about her business, wandering around the aisles and into the back of the shop. There, she found the person she needed to talk to.

A sagely man who looked at her inquisitively above the rim of his half-moon spectacles. Warily, he looked at as if she didn't belong, yet his expression would gradually change as she dropped a list of items in front of him. It was plain it was an order listing for a ship, and it did not take long for him to calculate the money it would cost to resupply it. (That and the level of profit he was going to receive) All the while, the highborne girl watched him while he made his calculations and insured that they were sound.

Agreeing that payment would occur on delivery and shaking his hand, the Magus would return back to the storefront where Dan and the balding man were still talking. Standing straightly in her distinct poise, she glanced to the window to see the children that had been playing now staring at her through the glass! Laughing lightly, she gently nudged the gunman and pointed to the children as she leaned up closely and whispered into his ear.

"I'll be outside, fret not, for I'm just going to be outside with those little ones." Pecking his cheek as even now the shopkeeper looked at him in envy, she sauntered her way out the door; her exit then being announced by a chime of the bell. There, the children still stared at her and jumped when she stomped her foot twice.

First, they would flee around the corner and into the alleyway; only to watch her suspiciously from the edge of a wall. The first thing the children would notice was a wave of soothing cold, and the second was a snowflake that landed upon each of their noses. Looking back in awe to her, their eyes widened in amazing as what had once been a dirty cobblestone street was now covered in a thick sheet of white snow! Unsure of it all, they simply watched on as the Magus bent forward to scoop up a handful of snow and pack it into a ball shape and toss it into the air towards them.

With a cold burst, the snowball struck one of the children lightly in the shoulder, and the expressions of all of them quickly transferred from suspicion and fear to joy as they certainly sprinting from the alleyway of hiding to take on the Magus in a snowball fight.

Pelting her with snow, she hadn't even noticed the arrival of the Shinobi until he had spoken up. Pausing in mid throw, the Magus hid her weapon playfully at first. For her target had been the gunman at first for this ambushing attack. Glancing at Drexal, she could tell that his soul was heavy with a burden she did not understand, yet with a mischievous grin she pelted Dan's back with a duet of snowballs before finally turning to face him.

"You shouldn't worry so much, Drex." She stated calmly as a snowball thrown by a child caught her cheek. "Hey! Time out, time out! I have to talk like a grown up for a few seconds!" Her retort was cut short as she ducked a duet of two more snowballs before she had a second again to first lightly laugh and then continue. "As long as we all got out unscathed, I'm not worried, understood?"

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

Kaal-Ratri

The Warlock, Crew Quarters.

Once her barrage of questions had been answered, it was her turn to start blurting her story out. As both Dan and Remy showed interest in her past, she let out a heavy sigh and her smile vanished. Recollecting her past was a pain, even for herself. There were too many things that she liked to change. But she won't be able to or doesn't want to.

"Hard as that is to believe, I am the younger sister." she started, "My elder sister has the power over creation and like all elder siblings, she makes it her duty to tease and care for me." she let out a slight chuckle.

"But also, she has a very doting husband. One that I have come to love as a brother if not as a father." she said looking at the ceiling above, hidden emotions of her past shone in her eyes. "Like my sister or rather me, his power is over death. While I can limit myself and am affected by alternate worlds, he isn't. He has absolute power but the catch is that he lives a life of an ascetic. A normal family man and saint for millennia before engaging in rebuilding the world. Once he judges that time for his power has come, he sets about bring apocalypse." she said it plainly. If her newfound 'friends' were surprised, she didn't know for she wasn't exactly looking at them. She was lost in thought.

"So when this new faith sprang up and our domain was challenged by the rising cults. Many lesser gods of gullible nature seceded. They thought that being demonized and feared was better than being looked up to and constantly show their best sides. When the news reached my sister, she urged my brother to consider bringing apocalypse but he declined. He opined that the time for our dominance was over and we just need to indulge ourselves in being a family now. Though displeased, my sister found that logical. Being the goddess of fate and creation she knew quite deeply, the ways of time. Thus, they took their family and receded to a deeper realm. I was supposed to join them but the new faith needed a powerful archdemon to fully supplant our structure and who else is better than the former goddess of war, strife and death." she had a wry smile.

"Being misogynistic and patriarchal, they demonized me as their most vile demon. Made me appear as a hermaphrodite and went on to fabricate elaborate stories of my horrors. Helped by the lesser gods who had envied me, then with the combined powers they managed to mess up my travel to the deeper realm and shackled my powers. Luckily and unluckily, I ended here, was a bystander in the great war where many beliefs and systems got quashed and it allowed me a fresh start. I cultivated my pleasure for baking and farming and left my earlier life unless I came across 'yours truly' here." she said pointing to Dan as she smiled at him.

"Hired by a faction that allied themselves to the ones that overtook my realm, he was tasked to 'eliminate me' or something off that nature. Rest is nothing special." she finished. Dan and Remy listened intently but grew bored soon, as she caught them stealing a glance at the outside. Out of courtesy they let her finish and shortly after Dan asked for her leave to attend to business, whisking Remy with her. The petite girl tried her hand at match-making, enjoying a sly wink on her behalf but Kaal just smiled warmly towards her.

"Sorry to keep you from your business" she said to Dan before turning to Remy, "Just do what you can, girl. Everything is fair. Just don't get too involved in shopping that you lose sight of your company" now it was Kaal's turn to wink. With it she followed them out of the room and made her way to the kitchen.

-------------

Not finding anyone in the kitchen, she concluded that Geo decided to explore their new home. She too alighted from the ship and got moving. If she was to manage supplies here, she should know the markets well. Patoll was a haven for washed up pirates, budding pirates and swindlers but it was a heaven if you wanted fresh produce. The sea brought in a handsome bounty and the nutrient rich soil promised a good harvest if worked well enough.

She made her way to District 9, words on the street was that it had the only farmer's market on the little continent. Passing through the streets, she caught a lot of stares both from men and women alike. At first she had thought that it was your regular leery glance but as she made her way through the streets, she had a small crowd following her at a distance. The whispers that caught her ears made her chuckle. Apparently, the peeps here wondered why the strange ship that had docked here decided to conduct a beauty pageant at this god forsaken place.

She couldn't resist a snorting chuckle at the thought. Thinking about it, she knew that why did it give off such an impression. Regardless of their skills, almost all the members of their faction could be considered beautiful or handsome. The gentlemen aboard the ship had steely demeanor and ripped physiques, paired with a reassuring confidence that would surely impress the other gender. The women though, were as myriad as they were beautiful. You had that tomboyish charm of Captain, that mesmerizing effervescent beauty of Remy, that hardened amazon-esque appeal of Kross, that reserved and quiet charm of Eleanor and that girly charm of Lucifer. Though not all of the wonderful women had set foot on the sands of Patoll, the ones who had roamed the streets were all enchanting in one way or another.

Soon, a merrymaking party of street kids joined the mob as well. The adults may have reservations walking up and talking to a stranger even if they can ogle indefinitely but children are pure in that sense. A little girl no more than 6 slowly caught up to her and asked "Who are you?"

"Just a tourist." Kaal replied not wanting to reveal her name.

"you know that there is a crowd following you?" the curious critter asked.

"I think so." Kaal smiled.

"This place is bad!" she said plainly, "they may rob you of your money."

Kaal was surprised a bit, to be so young and yet hardened by, life it was a bit shocking. Continuing with her smile she asked the little girl, "You live around here?"

"Yes, just ahead. My mom runs a shop at this road's end. Pops is a famous sailor but he is never home, whenever he is; he beats mom and drinks all the time." the little girl replied simply.

By now other children had joined her guessing her to be non hostile. She had walked quite far from the docks and the interest in her had waned a bit. People got to their work when she hadn't paid them any heed. The others had gladly shared their stories as well. Most of it was the same, either they were kids to pirates who'd beat them or the one the loved more or they were orphans. They had enthusiastically decided to follow her to the farmer's market to escape their lives for a moment.

"What do you do?" the little girl who was revealed as Mary, asked.

"I'm a cook for the new ship that has docked." Kaal stated simply, she thought that they won't understand what a quartermaster was.

"Woah! I have never seen such a beautiful cook as you, Lady!" she said in wonder.

"Why, thank you!" Kaal said with a smile. "Well, I am not that beautiful. Atleast by the standards on my ship."

"So it is true, that that ship is hosting a beauty contest." Jacob the other kid said with some thought.

"Hahaha!"Kaal guffawed "No. We are pirates too." Kaal said with a thumbs up.

"No way!" he said wide-eyed. "My pop is one, I know what they look like." he said with a surety.

"Well, I have powers. As do the lot of our crew." Kaal said, they were nearing the market. She had decided that she'll make them all a big pie once she's done purchasing.

"What kind of power?" he asked curiously.

"The fun kind" Kaal winked at him. As she entered the market, the merry band of six entered with her. She was like a mother taking her kids shopping only that her 'kids' came in all color and sizes. After going through the produce and checking in on the rates and having her share of ogling, she finally settled the order with payment promised on delivery. Then she purchased the materials for a wholesome pie and got moving, the kid party followed her enthusiastically.

They walked back the whole distance and Kaal set up her kiln by the sea, baking a delicious pie for the kiddies to eat. Once done they got eating, like a bunch of hyenas feasting on a dead buffalo they licked the dish clean in record time. Kaal rustled their heads and sent them home. She then sat by the sea in the shadow of The Warlock and gazed out at the sea. Seeing a budding relation today had sparked repressed feelings in her, she too longed for a decent company. Suddenly, she found that she had no friends that wanted to spend time with her willingly. The cold salty breeze that rose from the sea seem to hit her, she was alone, all by herself and somehow that seemed to hurt.

Edited by Cancion de muertos, 13 September 2014 - 05:33 PM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler