Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[Serious] Suicide

to kill oneself

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Natureboy

Natureboy

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,162 posts
  • Locationdeep in the forest

As Gon points out, opening up and seeking help for mild/moderate depression may not always be feasible. Generally the best clinical results are when cognitive and/or mindfulness approaches are combined with appropriate medication. In a culture that resists the 'disease model' for depression, you might still be able to find help/support in the context of meditation or a spiritual discipline. The good news is that most unipolar depression will get better. If you can survive the worst, there will be something else later on. That was true before there were proven effective drugs or talk therapies for depression, and it's still true now.

That said, if you find yourself in a situation where you are a genuine danger to yourself or others, PLEASE get help.

dreydrey

dreydrey

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
If you need someone to talk to.. who knows I just might relate to what you're going through at the moment
my skype is roflapiggy

И несмотря на ностальгические формы радости,
жить прошлым - это первый признак старости.

c2um0WG.jpg?1

Angelo.

Angelo.

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,488 posts
  • Locationsleeping on a cloud

suicide is never the answer just the end 

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts
  • Locationwathcing you from some place far away

Suicide is a waste, just look at the possibilities now that you don't give a shit about your life.

Laws won't deter someone that would rather die, I'd do whatever I wanted.

yeah. if it gets so bad you really can't see any socially acceptable way out of the depression, why not just do whatever the heck you want.

so i'm keeping my list of people who should die a horrible death, just in case i were to fall into depression again.

wouldn't want to die before i've at least rid the world of some evils.

As Gon points out, opening up and seeking help for mild/moderate depression may not always be feasible. Generally the best clinical results are when cognitive and/or mindfulness approaches are combined with appropriate medication. In a culture that resists the 'disease model' for depression, you might still be able to find help/support in the context of meditation or a spiritual discipline. The good news is that most unipolar depression will get better. If you can survive the worst, there will be something else later on. That was true before there were proven effective drugs or talk therapies for depression, and it's still true now.

That said, if you find yourself in a situation where you are a genuine danger to yourself or others, PLEASE get help.

parents really should get help if they find themselves unhappy for longer periods of time.

unhappy parents, even if they aren't clinically depressed, are a danger to their children's mental health.

appropriate medication can be a whole range of unexpected things too. one of the most effective antidepressants in the us, seems to be vitamin d. lack of it can cause depression.

white light indoors in the winter is also effective for some who live north of the arctic circle. that affects the production of other hormones.

あっ ちょっと死んじまった

dokidokiskye

dokidokiskye

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

After the sudden death of his wife and child, John Harding spirals into despair. Deprived of his motivation to live, his attempt at suicide is unexpectedly interrupted by the arrival of a friend who wants him to coach the town's Little League team. Can John restore meaning to his life?

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/juuni-banme-no-tenshi-r15586