Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Top 5 Skills that the MC should work on

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

junyortrakr

junyortrakr

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 82 posts

I like many of the suggestions mentioned. It's always hard to pick only a few to really work on. I'm going to mention 5, but the order of training is negotiable.

1. Create ID. There isn't a much faster way to die than to get stuck in an ID with someone or something way stronger than you,and you can't get out. On the flip side, it would be nice to trap someone or something weaker in with you, or to be able to enter a locked ID, too. Also, it will eventually allow him to make them with a much wider selection of options, probably including time-warp ones.

2. Summon Elemental. It's clear that Gnome already has a good number of useful and probably powerful spells, including earth shield, at her disposal, and she's undoubtedly highly capable at fighting as well. While he'll need other kinds of elementals eventually, just working up one kind will make it much stronger, and it will increase his basic summoning ability which will help when he gets others.

3. Chunbu Breathing Technique. One can never be too good at basic, passive skill enhancement.

4. Bind. This is a ridiculously overpowered crowd-control ability. Who needs a wimpy snare when you can just completely immobilize them, possibly including magic, for an extended period of time? Even without modification, I would expect that he'll eventually be able to extend it to multiple targets on one shot, or to cover a wide area. A lifesaver.

5. Spinning Mana Arrow. Clearly, he needs other attacks, and elemental and exploding versions of this would be awesome, but this is clearly his main attack, and it should be as unstoppable as possible. In many games, a higher attack spell skill level makes the difference between an attack that pricks the skin and one that kills. He needs to be able to overcome as much resistance as possible, and more levels will probably help with that.

Although I made this list, it's clear that many others are needed. Skills such as healing, shielding, other damage spells(including, but not limited to, damage over time, elemental, area effect), buff and debuff spells, information spells, more summoning spells(elemental and other), crafting (including alchemy and enchantment), physical training, etc. need to be worked on. I suppose dish washing shouldn't be overlooked, either.

Metazone

Metazone

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

I suppose dish washing shouldn't be overlooked, either.

^^ +1  :batoto_023:   

Inuzuka

Inuzuka

Potato

• Members
  • 182 posts

Also he should improve Mana Bolt. We all saw how much more powerful the skill became after increasing his INT. Time to raise the skill and play with it. Learn to create homing mana bolts. Potential is near limitless.

The most obvious evolution for Mana Bolt is elemental variations. I bet he could make a Fire Bolt just by summoning mana and saying "Burn."

I'm hoping that in the next few chapters, Jee Han will learn the Yunhon clans basic techniques after saving the Redhead girlie. Would be cool to see him combine that blueish flame with his Mana Bolt/ Spiralling Mana Bolt to make a unique Fireball spell for himself.

bkaa22

bkaa22

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 219 posts

after seeing the regimen i think breathing technique as involved in most of my training will actually be the one naturally becoming the highest level in the end.

For the life of me I still cannot understand why Jee-Han has not worked on his Breathing Technique. I know, I know "low WIS". He spent like one hour on this skill and went from level 1 to 4. He should be working on this skill at least an hour a day since he got the skill. That is all he needs to do. Maybe more on the weekends. The wasted potential really astounds me sometimes.

Inuzuka

Inuzuka

Potato

• Members
  • 182 posts

Given Jee Han simply needs to sit still without being attacked or startled in order to level his Breathing Technique up but it's still so low, I'm kinda wondering just how he has been training in the time dilation Illusion Barriers. What other ways does he have to replenish his mana anyway?

Soul Recovery with a soul stone costs 30mp? 15mp (Chapter 26) and replenishes 50mp x it's level, which is  currently level 7 so 350mp, but I wouldn't want to waste consumable items during training. Makes more sense to use the Ki Meditation to boost his natural mana regeneration when he runs low.

His max mana is currently 2700(Chapter 41) and he regenerates 60mp per minute when meditating, so it would still take 45 minutes to completely recover his mana from emply to full with meditation, compared to using 8 small soul stones each time.

The only 3 active skills he has that require mana to continue working are the Breathing Technique, which is currently level 4 and uses 15mp per minute, Mana Shield which is currently level 6, and uses 40mp per minute per layer and Summon Elemental which is currenly level 19, originally used 10mp per minute (Chapter 38) ,but has decreased with training so the current mp per minute is unknown. 

If Jee Han wanted to properly train his skills he should use his Mana Shield and Ki Meditation at the same time.

He's got 2700mp, which is a base 27mp recovery rate, plus 10% from Mana Affinity, plus 30mp per minute from Ki Meditating equals 60mp recovered per minute.

His known max amount of Mana Shield layers is 3, costing 40mp each, then 40mp x 3 per minute to sustain. 40 x 3 = 120mp per minute, of which he would recover 60mp so he'd only lose 60mp per minute. 2700 (Total Mana)  - 120 (Create 3 layers of Shields) = 2580.

2580 / 60 (Mana drained per minute) = 43 minutes until he hits empty and all his shields fade out. Then meditate 45 minutes more til his mana supply is full and start again.

Edit: Got the math wrong :P

Edited by Inuzuka, 25 June 2014 - 06:42 PM.

Calmandweak

Calmandweak

Potato

• Members
  • 152 posts

For the life of me I still cannot understand why Jee-Han has not worked on his Breathing Technique. I know, I know "low WIS". He spent like one hour on this skill and went from level 1 to 4. He should be working on this skill at least an hour a day since he got the skill. That is all he needs to do. Maybe more on the weekends. The wasted potential really astounds me sometimes.

truth is he just need to chill a few minutes after training if he didn't use too much mana, just having like 5 minutes meditations between each training (young persons don't really like doing nothing in lotus position 45 minutes in a row do they ^^) and here you go it ups steadily without boring the shit outta him.

Given Jee Han simply needs to sit still without being attacked or startled in order to level his Breathing Technique up but it's still so low, I'm kinda wondering just how he has been training in the time dilation Illusion Barriers. What other ways does he have to replenish his mana anyway?

Soul Recovery with a soul stone costs 30mp? 15mp (Chapter 26) and replenishes 50mp x it's level, which is  currently level 7 so 350mp, but I wouldn't want to waste consumable items during training. Makes more sense to use the Ki Meditation to boost his natural mana regeneration when he runs low.

His max mana is currently 2700(Chapter 41) and he regenerates 60mp per minute when meditating, so it would still take 45 minutes to completely recover his mana from emply to full with meditation, compared to using 8 small soul stones each time.

The only 3 active skills he has that require mana to continue working are the Breathing Technique, which is currently level 4 and uses 15mp per minute, Mana Shield which is currently level 6, and uses 40mp per minute per layer and Summon Elemental which is currenly level 19, originally used 10mp per minute (Chapter 38) ,but has decreased with training so the current mp per minute is unknown. 

If Jee Han wanted to properly train his skills he should use his Mana Shield and Ki Meditation at the same time.

He's got 2700mp, which is a base 27mp recovery rate, plus 10% from Mana Affinity, plus 30mp per minute from Ki Meditating equals 60mp recovered per minute.

His known max amount of Mana Shield layers is 3, costing 40mp each, then 40mp x 3 per minute to sustain. 40 x 3 = 120mp per minute, of which he would recover 60mp so he'd only lose 60mp per minute. 2700 (Total Mana)  - 120 (Create 3 layers of Shields) = 2580.

2580 / 60 (Mana drained per minute) = 43 minutes until he hits empty and all his shields fade out. Then meditate 45 minutes more til his mana supply is full and start again.

Edit: Got the math wrong :P

pal i know you didn't say anything below just had a bug and can't seem to be able to get rid of this lil bubble.

if he had more elem the same level as noum he could do 1 layered Shield and three elementals (if still 10pm , it would while meditating take 4 hour and a half to be spent ^^ i sincerely wonder how he manage to spent his mana with such a high level pool, decent regeneration of mp and low cost of skills.
when low mana he should just squeeze one out to have a lil 350, Bind spinning mana bolt (dunno the cost of this ability) and oopsie daisy done, like others stated

Edited by Calmandweak, 25 June 2014 - 09:13 PM.

:batoto_001:  :excl:  :excl:  :excl:  :batoto_018:  Ooooooh cute cuddly animals ^^.....let's cook them   :)

"When faced with the unknown do not despair, always smash it and consider what you've done when you Sober up" First Verset of the Lonely Old Ranting Drunk, aka Lord

Merkada

Merkada

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

I'd like to see him read the magic theory book he got to possibly gain some ideas to put to use.  Either that or research/find something useful at the Abyss Auction, since he's made more money since last time.

quibbler

quibbler

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts

1. chunbu breathing

2. chubu foot move

3. chunbu outer

4. craft

5. ID create

bkaa22

bkaa22

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 219 posts

Changed my mind. I think Jee-Han's new "Foresight skill" should be worked on lol.

JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 315 posts

Changed my mind. I think Jee-Han's new "Foresight skill" should be worked on lol.

I feel like it's a skill that can't really be trained... at least not in a way that you actually want to train.

juberval

juberval

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationBrazil

I feel like it's a skill that can't really be trained... at least not in a way that you actually want to train.

If he fights against low level enemies (like zombies) and expose himself to danger while fighting them it might increase.

Or at least his "physical resistence" ability will raise...

Inuzuka

Inuzuka

Potato

• Members
  • 182 posts

Maybe while Jee Han trains his new Sense Danger passive, he might finally work out a Dodge passive as well.

He could ask his friend to take a swing at him at times he's not expecting it, and learn to dodge or increase his Physical Resistance passive at the same time :D

Zarko

Zarko

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 51 posts
  1.  ID Create: to add bonus in dungeons like those of Sun-Il's house (ex: "+10% vs xxx monsters" or "-10% skill mana cost" or "skill will last X min longer" or just a random malus to enemies and slow down time).
  2. Chunbu Breathing Technique: Just to increase stat without wasting any points
  3. Summon Elemental: defensive and offensive spell in all elementary forms
  4. Physical Endurance: because there will be times when he will be lacking of mana and...
  5. Mana Shield: layer over layer and recover yourself or others.

bkaa22

bkaa22

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 219 posts

I know that Jee-Han is working on being a long distance mage type, but should he train his Chunbu skills like Sun-Il does? Do the actual physical training. If he does the training than his physical stats (STR, DEX, VIT) will improve naturally without him putting stat points in them. The more he increases his physical stats through training the less he needs to use the stat points he receives through leveling and can use them on INT.

Another reason for this is the potential to receive more than 5 stat points each level. Take Sun-Il for example: from going from level 29 to 31 he had improved his stats by 50 points. Subtract the 10 away from the level increase and you get 40 points he got from training.

Should Jee-Han make a change and try to train like Sun-Il to get extra increases for his physical attributes or continue with the leveling up method?

Zarko

Zarko

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 51 posts

I know that Jee-Han is working on being a long distance mage type, but should he train his Chunbu skills like Sun-Il does? Do the actual physical training. If he does the training than his physical stats (STR, DEX, VIT) will improve naturally without him putting stat points in them. The more he increases his physical stats through training the less he needs to use the stat points he receives through leveling and can use them on INT.

Another reason for this is the potential to receive more than 5 stat points each level. Take Sun-Il for example: from going from level 29 to 31 he had improved his stats by 50 points. Subtract the 10 away from the level increase and you get 40 points he got from training.

Should Jee-Han make a change and try to train like Sun-Il to get extra increases for his physical attributes or continue with the leveling up method?

well... yeah but to do so he needs more time (10 years like a normal human being)... so until he lern how to freeze time in dungeons i think its better to train just like he is doing right now.

Metazone

Metazone

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

All this talk reminds me of the best Kung Fu training movie of all time.  36 chambers of Shaolin, also known as Master Killer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxp4ZFvD00&list=PLC5E6194F75B1524C

:( too bad someone DMCAed a number of the sections of the movie, but you can get a taste at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZSJQ_Q_XaA

or the wrist chamber 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CntG1pXfPI

Edited by Metazone, 30 June 2014 - 07:30 PM.

JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 315 posts

Sun-Il can't be doing just ordinary training to get such dramatic increases, so I suspect that Jee-Han is not currently capable of improving his physical stats to that degree. And we saw that just raising his Intelligence by one point took quite a lot of work.

But you do raise a good point. Theoretically there is no reason why he couldn't combine grinding his mana skills with training his physical stats. He can lift weights at the same time as he forms Mana Shields, for example.

juberval

juberval

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Sun-Il can't be doing just ordinary training to get such dramatic increases, so I suspect that Jee-Han is not currently capable of improving his physical stats to that degree. And we saw that just raising his Intelligence by one point took quite a lot of work.

But you do raise a good point. Theoretically there is no reason why he couldn't combine grinding his mana skills with training his physical stats. He can lift weights at the same time as he forms Mana Shields, for example.

Exactly! Why can't he multitask?! And now it is much easier with the time barrier! 

Chunbu techniques to rise stats and some hard physical training might be good for the MC too! The more abilities/training he can associate the better will be for him to level up stats and grinding abilities!

bkaa22

bkaa22

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 219 posts

True. Since Sun-Il is the Chunbu Heir he is probably getting special training. Jee-Han has had his ability for how long . . . 3 weeks - month. In that time Sun-Il has gone from level 25 - 33. Jee-Han is at level 25 currently . . . it is highly doubtful that he can get similar increases as Sun-Il has gotten, but I think Jee-Han could benefit from an alternate training method. He has, for the most part, been creating skills and developing them on his own.

If he could get Sun-Il's Grandfather to train him for a week or two under the Time Displacement Illusion barriers could yield some interesting results. Seeing another way of leveling up could be helpful and being guided by someone else could be very beneficial. Sun-Il's grandpa could even think of better ways for Jee-Han to incorporate the skills he already has as well.

Inuzuka

Inuzuka

Potato

• Members
  • 182 posts

Exactly! Why can't he multitask?!

Maybe Multitask is a passive ability he hasn't unlocked yet  :P

Would be impressive if it was a real skill, being able to cast different spells at different enemies at the same time without breaking his concentration would be pretty cool.