Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Top 5 Skills that the MC should work on

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

bkaa22

bkaa22

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 219 posts

Jee-Han has around 30 skills now. I'm curious to which skills do we all think he should improve the most. So let's make it a Top 5 list of the skills he should improve and why. Here's mine:

1. Chunbu Breathing Technique: This and the Chunbu Outer Ki Technique are a little self explanatory. These skills provide passive bonuses. More so for the physical attributes. If this skill is at the same level as Spinning Mana arrows than the passive bonuses would be at 64%. Also, with his passive bonuses increasing his physical stats, will allow him to put more stat points into his mental stats. Hopefully some in WIS.
  2. Chunbu Outer Ki Technique: Pretty much see above, though I'm not sure about the passive bonuses at the higher level. That figure is strictly for the Breathing Technique.
  3. Observe: Again, a little self explanatory. The information is pretty valuable and who knows what he will get as the skill increases. Lots of possibilities.
  4. Summon Elemental: This skill has a lot of versatility as shown in chapter 42. Defensively and Offensively.
  5. Physical Endurance: The ability to negate physical damage is great and possible life saving. Combined with Mana Shield, it is great for defense. Also it should be pretty easy to increase this skill, even in one day. He just needs to use Sun-Il, who is used to controlling his strength in martial arts competitions with normal people, to hit him until he is down to half of his health. Than he heals himself, which will raise his level in his healing skill, and repeats the process. If he gets to the point where he is negating 20% of the damage received that would be great.

Those are my Top 5 skills to improve upon. Let me know what you think. And if you think other skills are more important.

Edited by bkaa22, 23 June 2014 - 02:17 PM.

Metazone

Metazone

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Hey Bkaa22,

Not a bad list, but I would put reading and practicing basic magic ahead of things like Observe, as he already has pretty good information gathering skills.  As for Physical Endurance, Energy Drain would be a lot better as Physical Endurance is just mitigation where Energy Drain is regeneration and DPS at the same time.  Also, Energy Drain allows for the transfer of User's Life force to Allies (With training).  I really want to see the mechanics of that.  Siphon life and distribute to the party?  Would be cool.

Metazone 

bkaa22

bkaa22

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 219 posts

Hey Bkaa22,

Not a bad list, but I would put reading and practicing basic magic ahead of things like Observe, as he already has pretty good information gathering skills.  As for Physical Endurance, Energy Drain would be a lot better as Physical Endurance is just mitigation where Energy Drain is regeneration and DPS at the same time.  Also, Energy Drain allows for the transfer of User's Life force to Allies (With training).  I really want to see the mechanics of that.  Siphon life and distribute to the party?  Would be cool.

Metazone 

Thanks Metazone.

It would be interesting if he could learn and apply knowledge from the theory book he has. I was mainly focusing on skills he has. Energy Drain would be cool, Jee-Han just hasn't used it so we don't know how effective it is yet. Also I would pick Physical Endurance over it because it is a passive skill so it will always be on. And, at least to me, there is a clear and easy way for him to level up the skill. Drain Energy is probably dependent on mp. Still, might change my mind if I see the skill in action.

What would your top 5 be of the skills he already possesses?

Inuzuka

Inuzuka

Potato

• Members
  • 182 posts
  1. Mana Shield: Can be used with multiple layers to increase his much needed defense, and as a mana technique should be boosted by his already high Int and Mana Affinity (Passive). Not sure if it would fall under the 5% increase in magic defense, 30% increase in MP related skills or both. As it levels up it's mana used per minute drops which by level 26 should hit 0, requiring only the initial cost of 30mp per layer of shield. At level 1 he could only make one shield, and by level 3 he can make 3 layers, so imagine if at level 26 he could make a 26 layer barrier, would cost 780mp to make but 0mp to sustain.
  2. Chunbo Outer Ki Technique (Passive): Only ability seen so far that boosts stamina recovery, and as Sun Il has shown, can be used to form a second skin of sorts that boosts defense. After rereading Ch.18 I notice that while it looks like it, Sun Il doesn't actually say it's part of the Outer Ki Technique, just that it's a self defense technique similar to Charyeok (Whatever that is...).
  3. Yunhon Soul Recovery: Because Healers are apparently rare in the Abyss.
  4. Life Drain: Another way to heal, also because I want to see what it does already.
  5. Remove Curse: So Jee Han can save the girl and live happily ever after :P

Edited by Inuzuka, 23 June 2014 - 07:49 PM.

juberval

juberval

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  1. Jee-Han has around 30 skills now. I'm curious to which skills do we all think he should improve the most. So let's make it a Top 5 list of the skills he should improve and why. Here's mine:

1. Chunbu Breathing Technique: This and the Chunbu Outer Ki Technique are a little self explanatory. These skills provide passive bonuses. More so for the physical attributes. If this skill is at the same level as Spinning Mana arrows than the passive bonuses would be at 64%. Also, with his passive bonuses increasing his physical stats, will allow him to put more stat points into his mental stats. Hopefully some in WIS.
    2. Chunbu Outer Ki Technique: Pretty much see above, though I'm not sure about the passive bonuses at the higher level. That figure is strictly for the Breathing Technique.
    3. Observe: Again, a little self explanatory. The information is pretty valuable and who knows what he will get as the skill increases. Lots of possibilities.
    4. Summon Elemental: This skill has a lot of versatility as shown in chapter 42. Defensively and Offensively.
    5. Physical Endurance: The ability to negate physical damage is great and possible life saving. Combined with Mana Shield, it is great for defense. Also it should be pretty easy to increase this skill, even in one day. He just needs to use Sun-Il, who is used to controlling his strength in martial arts competitions with normal people, to hit him until he is down to half of his health. Than he heals himself, which will raise his level in his healing skill, and repeats the process. If he gets to the point where he is negating 20% of the damage received that would be great.

Those are my Top 5 skills to improve upon. Let me know what you think. And if you think other skills are more important.

2. Now that he have the time barrier to train and so many abilities that can become usefull, to choose only 5 is hard to decide. Other big deal are those abilities that are easy to or level up by themselves (like elemental skill), he can turn them on and train other stuff while mastering to or more skill at the same time.

3.  He should probably have a goal to reach at least level 10-20 on all the abilities that fits his current interest and put aside those he don't want to use (like those abilities related to weapons or phydsical attacks). 

5. Imagining for right now (chapter 41) that he knows he is lacking some better physical attributes, he can raise some abilities and gain some free stats.  

6. I agree with you in number 1 (chunbu breath technique), 2 (Chunbu outer ki technique) and 5 (Physical endurance), they would give him a lot of stats. And would add:

Chunbu Feet Technique: he can move much more faster and it is passive too. 

Life drain: he can damage and regen at the same time, and might heal others

This is for now and I strongly thing that he should train as much stuff at the same time as he could (some crazy scene: someone shooting rocks at him, while he's running and observed everything). In some time he might have to improve the crafting ability, he might be able to do exclusive and usefull items. If the earth element shield is better than the mana shield, it can be forgotten... My thoughts for now.

bkaa22

bkaa22

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 219 posts

2. Now that he have the time barrier to train and so many abilities that can become usefull, to choose only 5 is hard to decide. Other big deal are those abilities that are easy to or level up by themselves (like elemental skill), he can turn them on and train other stuff while mastering to or more skill at the same time.

3.  He should probably have a goal to reach at least level 10-20 on all the abilities that fits his current interest and put aside those he don't want to use (like those abilities related to weapons or phydsical attacks). 

5. Imagining for right now (chapter 41) that he knows he is lacking some better physical attributes, he can raise some abilities and gain some free stats.  

6. I agree with you in number 1 (chunbu breath technique), 2 (Chunbu outer ki technique) and 5 (Physical endurance), they would give him a lot of stats. And would add:

Chunbu Feet Technique: he can move much more faster and it is passive too. 

Life drain: he can damage and regen at the same time, and might heal others

This is for now and I strongly thing that he should train as much stuff at the same time as he could (some crazy scene: someone shooting rocks at him, while he's running and observed everything). In some time he might have to improve the crafting ability, he might be able to do exclusive and usefull items. If the earth element shield is better than the mana shield, it can be forgotten... My thoughts for now.

About the melee skills . .. since it doesn't fit the type of character he is molding himself into, a mana/mage long distance type, I don't think he should put any direct focus on them. However, he should at least bring them to a mid-level just so he can change his style if need be for tactical flexibility. Just in case if he needs to get in close. Take his sword skills for example. They pretty much do the same thing so it is like doubling up on extra bonuses. I think he should put the work in to have even the skills he doesn't plan on using much around level 10. Just so if he has to go in close combat, he has some chops.

With the Chunbu Foot Technique I picture him in a zombie dungeon. Since there are around 300 zombies I would activate the skill and focus on not being touched by a zombie. So he spends the entire time evading zombies. Since he has a lot more MP than he could last a while. Also do it in different locations. The woods, flat plains, or the city. So he gets used to being surrounded and to think on his feet better. Plus, all that evading might create an evasion skill.

JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 315 posts
What he should really do is create a Mana Platform skill and train the hell out of it.

JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 315 posts

Okay, actual answer to the question time:

1) Summon Elemental. This is shaping up to be Jee-Han's most versatile ability, and as it increases in power he can create more and more powerful elementals. If he learns to summon any type of elemental then it will become even more versatile, too.

2) Mana Shield. Right now this is his best purely defensive skill, but he hasn't been levelling it recently. He doesn't necessarily need to get it to a super high level but it gets cheaper and more powerful with each increase. It might even lose the upkeep if he gets it to a high enough level! Since he lacks Dexterity and Vitality at the moment this should be his bread and butter.

3) Life Drain. This is potentially one of his most useful skills since it both damages the enemy and heals Jee-Han at the same time. At the very least he needs to raise it to the point where he can heal his party as well as himself. It might also be the only way he has to heal himself, since we've never seen him use Yunhon Soul Recovery on himself.

4) Spiral Energy Bolt. It's awesome how Spinning Mana Arrow produces ten arrows and is really cheap, but Jee-Han needs a finishing skill as much as he needs a spammable one. Right now Spiral Energy Bolt is his most powerful single attack and it has the added effect of penetrating defences. If he levels it up it's bound to get more powerful and improve its penetration effect, which is something he'll need if he ever comes across an enemy with a high defence or defensive ability of its own.

5) Observe. Do I need to explain this one? Information is king.

Note: I'm only considering skills that Jee-Han actually has, not ones he could potentially learn. His magic theory book should definitely be read and turned into skills and the same can be said for lots of other ones on the Abyss site, but I was only considering the abilities he currently possesses.

Edited by JackApostrophe, 24 June 2014 - 02:59 PM.

Inuzuka

Inuzuka

Potato

• Members
  • 182 posts

I wonder if Jee Han could repair damage done to certain objects if he used his Soul Recovery on them, like fixing up chips and dents in armor and weapons, maybe getting a new skill like how he learned Remove Curse.

bkaa22

bkaa22

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 219 posts

I wonder if Jee Han could repair damage done to certain objects if he used his Soul Recovery on them, like fixing up chips and dents in armor and weapons, maybe getting a new skill like how he learned Remove Curse.

Maybe by using mana he could do some energy to matter transference. Given how Mana Affinity works . . . it seems like there is a possibility for it to happen. All Jee-Han would need to do is try.

JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 315 posts

A theoretically simple skill for him to create would be Mana Infusion, wherein he surrounds/infuses an object with mana to make it more powerful. He could even develop it to buff his teammates.

bkaa22

bkaa22

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 219 posts

4) Spiral Energy Bolt. It's awesome how Spinning Mana Arrow produces ten arrows and is really cheap, but Jee-Han needs a finishing skill as much as he needs a spammable one. Right now Spiral Energy Bolt is his most powerful single attack and it has the added effect of penetrating defences. If he levels it up it's bound to get more powerful and improve its penetration effect, which is something he'll need if he ever comes across an enemy with a high defence or defensive ability of its own.

Given how powerful this skill is at level 1 . . . it would be scary to imagine this skill at the same level as his Spinning Mana Arrow skill. Especially with his Bind skill.

JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 315 posts

Given how powerful this skill is at level 1 . . . it would be scary to imagine this skill at the same level as his Spinning Mana Arrow skill. Especially with his Bind skill.

And now that he has Bind it has become much easier for Jee-Han to level Spiral Energy Bolt since he shouldn't ever miss with it. Of course since it's not spammable it won't be as easy as it was with Spinning Mana Arrow, but he has time dilation training to help with that.

Step One: Set Gnome to defend.

Step Two: Use Bind on all the Ogres in the area.

Step Three: Use Spiral Energy Bolt on each bound Ogre.

Step Four: Revert to usual tactics for bosses.

Optional Step Two and a Half: Use Mana Rope to lump all the Ogres in a pile for efficient use of Spiral Energy Bolt. Although I'm not sure if you get more experience for number of uses or for number of kills.

Metazone

Metazone

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

I think this would fall under his Crafting skill.  Again, a skill he gets and does absolutely nothing with.  I want to see if he can craft and imbue the crafted object with elemental powers or magic once he reads the darn book.  This manhwa has so many concepts that can be explored I feel for the author and how hard it is to move the story forward (humor, interactions, etc.) and progress all the amazing skills he has learnt, let alone ones he could learn if he gave it some concerted thought and effort.

bkaa22

bkaa22

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 219 posts

And now that he has Bind it has become much easier for Jee-Han to level Spiral Energy Bolt since he shouldn't ever miss with it. Of course since it's not spammable it won't be as easy as it was with Spinning Mana Arrow, but he has time dilation training to help with that.

It actually is scary since he can use Bind, supplement Bind with Earth manipulation further entrapping the victim, and then Spiral Energy Bolt.

Calmandweak

Calmandweak

Potato

• Members
  • 152 posts

i didn't read any suggestion gonna put it "like a virgin" then read on what you guys said.

Full chunbu for me (modified coz i don't see how to level outer after rereading the wikia):

1) Damage resistance: no more will a slap on the cheeks will leave a red mark...no more sir

2) chunbu outer ki: most important as the most active general boost of the active passive

2) Powerstrike: because with such a load of mana it makes your close range efficient. and it work with every type of melee weapon including your pinky ^^

3) chunbu foot: need to move mister

4) chunbu breathing: sometime you just have to relax and enhance your recovery of energy so much it just permit you to have a Oh so much more time to enhance the rest of your abilities

5) Mana Bolt (Build up your basics, always build up your basics, so much depends on them)

and the rest coz we all know we'll do a hell lot more  than have 5 skills ^^ elemental is super useful as a guardian protector watching over you while you're blanking out doing your breathing regimen, and the healing spell his a must have after that too ^^ (even seven is too narrow lol, bu well 5 is a good idea of our priorities right ^^) after reading the wikia he should train rip and power strike again even if he's a mage built character, the bonus in damage is really efficient and he's got a hell lot mana       http://the-gamer.wikia.com/wiki/Han_Jee-Han

now i'll read you fellah's stuff and see ^^

read you guys you're a bunch of slaver vampire overlords (just kidding), that's so horrific i've just got this to say in my native language "Bien Joué"

Because of something panthertwat mentioned i'm gonna replace chunbu Outer ki technique that seems too hard to train. 

Edited by Calmandweak, 07 July 2014 - 02:56 AM.

:batoto_001:  :excl:  :excl:  :excl:  :batoto_018:  Ooooooh cute cuddly animals ^^.....let's cook them   :)

"When faced with the unknown do not despair, always smash it and consider what you've done when you Sober up" First Verset of the Lonely Old Ranting Drunk, aka Lord

bkaa22

bkaa22

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 219 posts

i didn't read any suggestion gonna put it "like a virgin" then read on what you guys said.

Full chunbu for me:

1) Damage resistance: no more will a slap on the cheeks will leave a red mark...no more sir

2) chunbu outer ki: most important as the most active general boost of the active passive

3) chunbu foot: need to move mister

4) chunbu breathing: sometime you just have to relax and enhance your recovery of energy so much it just permit you to have a Oh so much more time to enhance the rest of your abilities

5) Mana Bolt (Build up your basics, always build up your basics, so much depends on them)

and the rest coz we all know we'll do a hell lot more  than have 5 skills ^^ elemental is super useful as a guardian protector watching over you while you're blanking out doing your breathing regimen, and the healing spell his a must have after that too ^^ (even seven is too narrow lol, bu well 5 is a good idea of our priorities right ^^)

now i'll read you fellah's stuff and see ^^

I like the "full Chunbu" aspect. Most of the skills give passive bonuses so it would make since to have them higher. Also, I had this passing thought, since the Chunbu techniques are a skill set and the core basic techniques of the Chunbu clan; what if having all those skills at level 10 or 20 gives some kind of synergy bonus or additional skill? Build on the basics enough you will learn something else, like the time he unknowingly did a technique he did not know.

Also he should improve Mana Bolt. We all saw how much more powerful the skill became after increasing his INT. Time to raise the skill and play with it. Learn to create homing mana bolts. Potential is near limitless.

Calmandweak

Calmandweak

Potato

• Members
  • 152 posts

A theoretically simple skill for him to create would be Mana Infusion, wherein he surrounds/infuses an object with mana to make it more powerful. He could even develop it to buff his teammates.

then curse transfer and you've got a cheap healing and enchanting spell ^^

I like the "full Chunbu" aspect. Most of the skills give passive bonuses so it would make since to have them higher. Also, I had this passing thought, since the Chunbu techniques are a skill set and the core basic techniques of the Chunbu clan; what if having all those skills at level 10 or 20 gives some kind of synergy bonus or additional skill? Build on the basics enough you will learn something else, like the time he unknowingly did a technique he did not know.

Also he should improve Mana Bolt. We all saw how much more powerful the skill became after increasing his INT. Time to raise the skill and play with it. Learn to create homing mana bolts. Potential is near limitless.

dunno for the synergy but that's possible, why i put the outer ki first his because he can activate it for a supplementary boost of dex and St which were 30% at level one i think ?

and yep fundamentals are pretty useful, example his spinning mana bolt is based upon it, it's just a X6 or X7 multiplier for damage of his mana bolt for the initial 3 second spin. so if you up your mana bolt your big damage skill is enhanced. i think is hentai rop..mana rope sorry should be enhanced too for...unknown purspose and... to enhance (that's a good excuse folks) his bind spell which is pretty kinky...useful too.

and why i put the damage resistance first is because it's actually easier to improve with lower stats. i would as i've stated in a prior post try to level it by lifedraining myself, smack myself in hard surface (Slam SKill?) and then healing myself before repeating, enhancing in other aspects (dunno if lifedraining gonna cut it to enhance damage resistance) will be byproduct of the main skill upping. 

just like i'll do full chunbu regimen while doing common stuff like the said craft skill i forgot he already got ^^, and mana bolt enhance the chunbu breathing too ^^ (never use more than half your mana before going in meditation, spare mana for impromptu fight) then before using the meditation have your elemental summon to protect you coz you're not wary) and use mana bolt in a usefull way, set targets and run about like in a real fight (chunbu foot if you want) while trying to hit the target in movement from various position, or a close combat shadow boxing with a melee skill of your choice and finding clever use of mana bolt in the close range fight), he could also train that in a now "safe and familiar" environment (like the zombie dungeon) that's my regimen for this fives skills.

after seeing the regimen i think breathing technique as involved in most of my training will actually be the one naturally becoming the highest level in the end.

Edited by Calmandweak, 24 June 2014 - 09:41 PM.

:batoto_001:  :excl:  :excl:  :excl:  :batoto_018:  Ooooooh cute cuddly animals ^^.....let's cook them   :)

"When faced with the unknown do not despair, always smash it and consider what you've done when you Sober up" First Verset of the Lonely Old Ranting Drunk, aka Lord

JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 315 posts

The most obvious evolution for Mana Bolt is elemental variations. I bet he could make a Fire Bolt just by summoning mana and saying "Burn."

Calmandweak

Calmandweak

Potato

• Members
  • 152 posts

The most obvious evolution for Mana Bolt is elemental variations. I bet he could make a Fire Bolt just by summoning mana and saying "Burn."

true, has he has already got earth affinity he can already do earth variant, like putting dust or sand in a cloaking soft air permeable mana and throw hit jet cone like and thus having a dust cone to blind hurt eyes and possibly suffocate opponent and getting rid of this friggin flies and mosquitoes that pester us...but outside or your house will be dusty..