Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[SPOILERS] Current Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

Gala Lion

Gala Lion

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 231 posts

Yeah one can only hope though when it gets a anime adaption the changes for it to get DJ's will be higher.

yep and I love how the girls are dominating the school kind of reminds me of Prison School xD

sPYGmxY.jpg?1YXp8ZDc.jpg?1

Kakegurui Official Facebook Fan Page click on the images if you want to LIKE!

SAliburty

SAliburty

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts

New on the board and with happy new to both of you:)

Slighty off-topic but as a passionate reader of the Kakegurui raws I can point to something interesting (yes, it's about future couple).

In the fifth chapter of Kakegurui Twin Mary was asked about her ideal type of guy. Here's her answer:

31ed7697-s.jpg

The text in her speech bubble: "バカが付くくらい正直人 . . . とか ですかねえ"

Unfortunately, the whole meaning of this sentence is lost to me (I'm not that skilled in Japanese . . .) but I'm knowledgable enough to decipher precious information gained from Mary's words.

"バカ" is one of the three ways in which you can write a very common Japanese word - "idiot" (馬鹿).

"付く" is about an attachement towards someone.

"正直" has three general meanings: honesty, frankness and integrity.

"人" in Japanese means person (both in general and in this context).

Now why Mary's words are very interesting?

Lets start with the first clue - "バカ".

As explained above, in modern Japanese you can write the word for an "idiot" in three different ways - in original kanji, in Hiragana and in Katakana. The above is "idiot" written in Katakana.

The point is, Mary used all three forms towards the different people over the course of both "Kakegurui" and "Twin". And she used the variant posted above ONLY two times and ONLY towards ONE person. Guess who was this individual?

143ca0c7-s.jpg

Chapter 23 of 'Kakegurui' ('Twin' - chapter 4) - at Yumeko.

Unfortunately, I removed the volume's raws from my disc (as a part of cleaning process) so I cannot post the second instance of Mary's calling Yumeko and "idiot" by using the form mentioned above. However, my memory serves me right enough and she used it in chapter 7, after Yumeko had revealed the way in which our duo were exchanging the data about the value of each card.

To be fair both to myself and to all of you, I've also checked every single instance in which Suzui (the boy) was reffered to as an "idiot" - a total amount of four times (two by Mary, one by himself and one by Midari). In the case of all of them these characters used the "馬鹿" form. 

With this information in mind we should therefore translate "人" as a person, because going by the clue above (and in hindsight) it's reffering to a woman.

Our last clue is the very wording of this bit of Mary's sentence - "正直人" which roughly means "an honest person", likely implying that we're dealing with one individual.

But you may ask "what about everything else?"

About being attached - Mary was shown to be genuinely concerned about Yumeko's well-being etc. (standing up for her, being worried about her gambling with the student council President and over the course of the current game she was displaying a range of very passionate reactions towards our lovely psycho - all implied to be genuine).

"But what about the last characteristic of Mary's ideal type of person?"

Well, it is a very interesting question; a question I believe will be great for a topic of a debate. We can both exchange our ideas and kill some time. Therefore, here it is:

"Would you describe Yumeko as an honest person? If so, what kind of an evidence you can use in order to support this claim?"

I'm afraid that I won't be joining till the next day - too tired right now . . .

Thanks to all of you and signing out:)

Gala Lion

Gala Lion

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 231 posts

New on the board and with happy new to both of you:)

Slighty off-topic but as a passionate reader of the Kakegurui raws I can point to something interesting (yes, it's about future couple).

In the fifth chapter of Kakegurui Twin Mary was asked about her ideal type of guy. Here's her answer:

31ed7697-s.jpg

The text in her speech bubble: "バカが付くくらい正直人 . . . とか ですかねえ"

Unfortunately, the whole meaning of this sentence is lost to me (I'm not that skilled in Japanese . . .) but I'm knowledgable enough to decipher precious information gained from Mary's words.

"バカ" is one of the three ways in which you can write a very common Japanese word - "idiot" (馬鹿).

"付く" is about an attachement towards someone.

"正直" has three general meanings: honesty, frankness and integrity.

"人" in Japanese means person (both in general and in this context).

Now why Mary's words are very interesting?

Lets start with the first clue - "バカ".

As explained above, in modern Japanese you can write the word for an "idiot" in three different ways - in original kanji, in Hiragana and in Katakana. The above is "idiot" written in Katakana.

The point is, Mary used all three forms towards the different people over the course of both "Kakegurui" and "Twin". And she used the variant posted above ONLY two times and ONLY towards ONE person. Guess who was this individual?

143ca0c7-s.jpg

Chapter 23 of 'Kakegurui' ('Twin' - chapter 4) - at Yumeko.

Unfortunately, I removed the volume's raws from my disc (as a part of cleaning process) so I cannot post the second instance of Mary's calling Yumeko and "idiot" by using the form mentioned above. However, my memory serves me right enough and she used it in chapter 7, after Yumeko had revealed the way in which our duo were exchanging the data about the value of each card.

To be fair both to myself and to all of you, I've also checked every single instance in which Suzui (the boy) was reffered to as an "idiot" - a total amount of four times (two by Mary, one by himself and one by Midari). In the case of all of them these characters used the "馬鹿" form. 

With this information in mind we should therefore translate "人" as a person, because going by the clue above (and in hindsight) it's reffering to a woman.

Our last clue is the very wording of this bit of Mary's sentence - "正直人" which roughly means "an honest person", likely implying that we're dealing with one individual.

But you may ask "what about everything else?"

About being attached - Mary was shown to be genuinely concerned about Yumeko's well-being etc. (standing up for her, being worried about her gambling with the student council President and over the course of the current game she was displaying a range of very passionate reactions towards our lovely psycho - all implied to be genuine).

"But what about the last characteristic of Mary's ideal type of person?"

Well, it is a very interesting question; a question I believe will be great for a topic of a debate. We can both exchange our ideas and kill some time. Therefore, here it is:

"Would you describe Yumeko as an honest person? If so, what kind of an evidence you can use in order to support this claim?"

I'm afraid that I won't be joining till the next day - too tired right now . . .

Thanks to all of you and signing out:)

You don't need to think about all that to know that Yumeko is Mary's waifu xD it has been hinted many times in the main story and those are also on a poster together still nice catch! makes me want to read Twin even more now!

and Yumeko being honest? yeah pretty much she is type that speaks what comes first in mind. like her love for Mary is real ;3 

SAliburty

SAliburty

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts

You don't need to think about all that to know that Yumeko is Mary's waifu xD it has been hinted many times in the main story and those are also on a poster together still nice catch! makes me want to read Twin even more now!

and Yumeko being honest? yeah pretty much she is type that speaks what comes first in mind. like her love for Mary is real ;3 

Well, "Twin" by itself can be read as a huge hint towards future Yuri development (I'm talking both about the original meaning and the translation).

In Japanese "Twin" is written using the kanji "which means "a pair". Hence Yumeko and Mary can be viewed as a "crazy gambling duo" then "Kakegurui " could mean "a pair of gambling addicts" (this is me using a bit of my shipping googles).

Now let's discuss about the "Twin", shall we?

In the most fair, non-biased way, a "twin" is an individual very similar to yourself (generally looks but also personality traits). I also went full-on speculation mode in the past and had a debate with myself if this title should be read in it's literal way (Mary is Yumeko's twin as in related to her biologically). You know, just out of curiosity etc.

But I almost immediately encountered several canon informations that stand in contradiction with this statement:

1) Yumeko has only one sister that is currently hospitalized;

2) Mary inherited her hair from (probably) a foreign mother and her parents are hinted to be alive (Yumeko's are dead);

3) Based on the hints posted above, you don't write this blatant support for an incestuos pair (at least I hope so, it's kind of gross ...).

Therefore the idea that Yumeko is Mary's sister can be reasonably refuted.

But the "Twin" can also mean something ... something very telling and romantic. This is where I'm going full-on shipper mode.

I suppose you've heard about the idea of a soulmate? Great union of two beings etc., etc.

But what if I'd tell you that there's a type of bond even stronger than it - a Twin Flame.

I'm not gonna spoil it to you - read about the concept yourself and check if it applies to our ladies:)

Now, heading back to work . . . 

Gala Lion

Gala Lion

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 231 posts

Well, "Twin" by itself can be read as a huge hint towards future Yuri development (I'm talking both about the original meaning and the translation).

In Japanese "Twin" is written using the kanji "which means "a pair". Hence Yumeko and Mary can be viewed as a "crazy gambling duo" then "Kakegurui " could mean "a pair of gambling addicts" (this is me using a bit of my shipping googles).

Now let's discuss about the "Twin", shall we?

In the most fair, non-biased way, a "twin" is an individual very similar to yourself (generally looks but also personality traits). I also went full-on speculation mode in the past and had a debate with myself if this title should be read in it's literal way (Mary is Yumeko's twin as in related to her biologically). You know, just out of curiosity etc.

But I almost immediately encountered several canon informations that stand in contradiction with this statement:

1) Yumeko has only one sister that is currently hospitalized;

2) Mary inherited her hair from (probably) a foreign mother and her parents are hinted to be alive (Yumeko's are dead);

3) Based on the hints posted above, you don't write this blatant support for an incestuos pair (at least I hope so, it's kind of gross ...).

Therefore the idea that Yumeko is Mary's sister can be reasonably refuted.

But the "Twin" can also mean something ... something very telling and romantic. This is where I'm going full-on shipper mode.

I suppose you've heard about the idea of a soulmate? Great union of two beings etc., etc.

But what if I'd tell you that there's a type of bond even stronger than it - a Twin Flame.

I'm not gonna spoil it to you - read about the concept yourself and check if it applies to our ladies:)

Now, heading back to work . . . 

Well after reading chapter 26 I think that Yumeko and Mary are like the SC president and Vice president a twin aka pair with Yumeko is black and Mary is white aka Ying and Yang one makes the other complete. have you noticed the art of Vol 3 and 4? Yumeko has a blck rose while Mary holds a white one same for the SC twins the president is like Yumeko while her twin the Vice president is like Mary. like Twin Synopsis say: Paired with Yumeko as her "twin," the curtain opens on Meari's gambling mania!

I am really liking the author for making these kind of connections with his characters he truly is a genius xD

Edited by Gala Lion, 25 March 2016 - 11:39 AM.

SAliburty

SAliburty

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts

Well after reading chapter 26 I think that Yumeko and Mary are like the SC president and Vice president a twin aka pair with Yumeko is black and Mary is white aka Ying and Yang one makes the other complete. have you noticed the art of Vol 3 and 4? Yumeko has a blck rose while Mary holds a white one same for the SC twins the president is like Yumeko while her twin the Vice president is like Mary. like Twin Synopsis say: Paired with Yumeko as her "twin," the curtain opens on Meari's gambling mania!

I am really liking the author for making these kind of connections with his characters he truly is a genius xD

Oh, interesting . . . Was there any kind of interaction between the two besides the reaction shots? I'm currently waiting for the raws so a little spoiler would help with building up my anticipation :)

And you're incorrect about the "roses" - Yumeko' was red while Mary was holding a yellow one. Also, these were no roses but chrysanthemes - by itself a symbol of loyalty in Japan.

Also, you've mentioned something about wanting to see more of Mary . . . Well, I won't spoil it to you but there's also a great deal of numerological symbolism associated with these two girls. These are "their" numbers - 2, 3, 5 and 6.

We're currently in the fifth volume. Based on its release schelude it will include 6 chapters, so there's a hope that the omake would feature our lovely duo :)

About Yomotsuki - I do think that she'll be pitied agains Mary (they DO have some history together - namely a set up for confrontation between them in the fifth chapter).

Runa is also heavily numerologically connected to "their" number - she's BOTH the fifth (if you didn't count Sumeragi that lost her position) and sixth (with Sumeragi counted) currently present on the game (if you count them from the stage). Also, she's the third student council member that will be (hopefully) encountered after Midari - chan (eyepatch psycho).

And since Yumeko indirectly expressed her desire to be closer with Mary, its very fair to assume that these two would gamble againts her.

So, little recap (again, numerical symbolism):

- 6th chapter of the current volume - expect something related to Yumeko and Mary (also in omake);

- 6th volume - a set-up and battle against Runa (Yumeko and Mary vs her) + again, the volume omake.

Gala Lion

Gala Lion

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 231 posts

Oh, interesting . . . Was there any kind of interaction between the two besides the reaction shots? I'm currently waiting for the raws so a little spoiler would help with building up my anticipation :)

And you're incorrect about the "roses" - Yumeko' was red while Mary was holding a yellow one. Also, these were no roses but chrysanthemes - by itself a symbol of loyalty in Japan.

Also, you've mentioned something about wanting to see more of Mary . . . Well, I won't spoil it to you but there's also a great deal of numerological symbolism associated with these two girls. These are "their" numbers - 2, 3, 5 and 6.

We're currently in the fifth volume. Based on its release schelude it will include 6 chapters, so there's a hope that the omake would feature our lovely duo :)

About Yomotsuki - I do think that she'll be pitied agains Mary (they DO have some history together - namely a set up for confrontation between them in the fifth chapter).

Runa is also heavily numerologically connected to "their" number - she's BOTH the fifth (if you didn't count Sumeragi that lost her position) and sixth (with Sumeragi counted) currently present on the game (if you count them from the stage). Also, she's the third student council member that will be (hopefully) encountered after Midari - chan (eyepatch psycho).

And since Yumeko indirectly expressed her desire to be closer with Mary, its very fair to assume that these two would gamble againts her.

So, little recap (again, numerical symbolism):

- 6th chapter of the current volume - expect something related to Yumeko and Mary (also in omake);

- 6th volume - a set-up and battle against Runa (Yumeko and Mary vs her) + again, the volume omake.

What do you mean?

and ah you right my bad but still one holds a dark color and te other holds a light color wonder with flower the SCP will have on Vol5 cover. and hmm that is possible though I don't think that the manga is gonna end anytime soon seeing how popular it is in Japan also having already won a manga award so I think there may be a view battles before Runa joins the game.

SAliburty

SAliburty

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts

So . . . What do you like about this series?

Gala Lion

Gala Lion

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 231 posts

So . . . What do you like about this series?

Everything! 

I like the fact that almost all the character including the 2 main girls are all different kind  psycho's. and there face expressions they make.

The story is also unique and the art is just beautiful props for the author to find 2 great artist for both Kakegurui and Twin.

The shoujo Ai/Yuri element makes it even better  

What about you?

SAliburty

SAliburty

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts

Everything! 

I like the fact that almost all the character including the 2 main girls are all different kind  psycho's. and there face expressions they make.

The story is also unique and the art is just beautiful props for the author to find 2 great artist for both Kakegurui and Twin.

The shoujo Ai/Yuri element makes it even better  

What about you?

What I like most about Kakegurui is the fact that it challenges your expectations about certain situations, manga cliches and also society rules and patterns.

For example, the Student Council. At first glance a group of gambling psychos (see chapter 2 for your visual reference). But at the moment of despair all of them show their true nature - that deep inside they are still human beings.

a) Sumeragi Itsuki - a weird daughter of a toy manufacturer with a nail fetish (outside). On the inside however she's driven to prove herself to her father and (going by the latest chapters) has a will strong enough to rip off her own fingernails in order to regain the position and dignity she had lost.

B) Nishinotouin Yuriko - an aristocratic lady who offers people hope by playing a rigged game. But she also protects the members of her little clique from slavery. So, not so evil.

c) Ikishima Midari - a complete psycho who wants to die. But her wishing to die was born from the fact that she haven't felt anything from her accomplishments. After all, what's the point of living if you cannot derive even a tiniest bit of happiness from the things that you've done?

d) Yumemite Yumemi - on the surface a kind and caring idol. On the inside a bitch that hates her fans. But she also cares about her manager and because of Yumeko she was able to gain the appreciation from her obsessive fans (which is hearthwarming and sad at the same time)

e) Manyuda Kaede - a narcissist and an asshole. But it's implied that a part of his assholishness was born out of broken dream (going by chapter 25). He also shows to be not too bad in front of Itsuki [that's why I hope these two will tie the knot].

And to boot, the series offers you the precious opportunity to judge if these people are really that bad and twisted as they appear to be. That's a big plus for me :)

What I also immensely like is the fact that "Kakegurui" manga challenges many anime cliches etc. For example:

- that blushing is always an indicator of a romantic feelings (proven false by Yumeko etc.);

- that it's okay to bully someone if you're a woman (deconstructed by Mary - she nonverbally apologized to Suzui for her behavior);

- that women and men cannot form a meaningful bond without it turning into romance (proven by Yumeko and Suzui - there is a mutual respect for each other between them);

- that a manga that is not labelled as a "yuri" can have (in future) a canon lesbian couple between two lead females.

Which brings me to my next point - the treatment of Yuri.

Usually, when there're yuri elements within the series not labelled a a "Yuri" they are treated as a nothing more than a fanservice or a laughting stock.

What I like about this series (and Twin) that it treats it's yuri elements with seriousness and care.

From "Twin" we have a little girl crush (Tsuzura towards Mary) and a wholesome portrayal of a BDSM kind of love (not only are the participants happy about this kind of situation, they also both care about each other).

And to the main deal - Yumeko's and Mary's beatifully written romance (lots of subtetly and hints).

The main charming point of this pair is the premise behind it. Imagine someone like Mary giving her heart to Yumeko . . . It is utterly adorable :) Not only is Mary an adorable pile of cuteness and power, but her character is also very likable (in a weird kind of way). Then combine Mary's hidden passion and strong will with Yumeko's craziness and childlike personality (both genuine). Not only are their interactions hilarious but this clash of personalities would be a great foundation stone for a fulfilling and passionate love life. I mean, I can easily imagine Mary being hilariously flustered about seeing Yumeko in her all nude glory while silently pondering to herself "what to do, what to do?". On the other hand I can also imagine Yumeko as an aggressive and sexy beast who would tease Mary like crazy :) But enough of that.

What I like the most about this couple is the fact that Yumeko is changing Mary, that she's bringing back our lovely blonde's humanity. It is implied that not only Mary is alone (by her own choice) but also she has severe trust issues (like her clash with Tsuzura in the 7th chapter of "Twin"). But look at all of the things that Yumeko already did to her:

- gave back her previous life and and allowed her to apologize for her bullying of Suzui;

- she is very caring of her (bringing Mary to the festival);

- she followed her advice about Itsuki (all take, not give anything from herself);

- she's showing Mary appreciation and love (stylizing her hair to look almost exactly like Saotome's, picking her up among the whole crowd while being very excited and indirectly expressed the desire to know her more).

On the other hand we have Mary who also shows a number of hints that she cares about "her" lovely psycho:

- becoming a classical tsundere towards her ("It's not like I'm giving you all this money because I care about you" . . .);

- and yet she does - passionate reactions, concern about Yumeko's well-being and standing up with her defence;

- she has a soft spot for her - indicated by the fact that she was almost immediately taken by the beauty of Yumeko's eyes [I mean, who wouldn't?];

- implied jealousy towards Sumeragi - "Sucking up to her already, huh . . .?" like Mary want's to be the only one with this kind of privilege :)

Kinda amazing when you're considering the fact that these two are "not that close".

My favorite couples (romantic and not):

- Yumeko x Mary (heavily hinted to be an endgame romantic couple);

- Kaede x Sumeragi (I have a gut feeling these two will marry);

- Sayaka x Kirari (Kinda nice . . .);

- Suzui x Yumemi (a bit crackish, but he expressed his interest towards her);

Platonic:

- Yumeko x Suzui (platonic love/master and protege);

- Mary x Suzui (best buds/possible family);

- Mary x Yumeko (both love and friendship);

- Runa x Midari (there was a little moment in chapter 10 . . .).

Okay, that's all :)

Gala Lion

Gala Lion

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 231 posts

What I like most about Kakegurui is the fact that it challenges your expectations about certain situations, manga cliches and also society rules and patterns.

For example, the Student Council. At first glance a group of gambling psychos (see chapter 2 for your visual reference). But at the moment of despair all of them show their true nature - that deep inside they are still human beings.

a) Sumeragi Itsuki - a weird daughter of a toy manufacturer with a nail fetish (outside). On the inside however she's driven to prove herself to her father and (going by the latest chapters) has a will strong enough to rip off her own fingernails in order to regain the position and dignity she had lost.

B) Nishinotouin Yuriko - an aristocratic lady who offers people hope by playing a rigged game. But she also protects the members of her little clique from slavery. So, not so evil.

c) Ikishima Midari - a complete psycho who wants to die. But her wishing to die was born from the fact that she haven't felt anything from her accomplishments. After all, what's the point of living if you cannot derive even a tiniest bit of happiness from the things that you've done?

d) Yumemite Yumemi - on the surface a kind and caring idol. On the inside a bitch that hates her fans. But she also cares about her manager and because of Yumeko she was able to gain the appreciation from her obsessive fans (which is hearthwarming and sad at the same time)

e) Manyuda Kaede - a narcissist and an asshole. But it's implied that a part of his assholishness was born out of broken dream (going by chapter 25). He also shows to be not too bad in front of Itsuki [that's why I hope these two will tie the knot].

And to boot, the series offers you the precious opportunity to judge if these people are really that bad and twisted as they appear to be. That's a big plus for me :)

What I also immensely like is the fact that "Kakegurui" manga challenges many anime cliches etc. For example:

- that blushing is always an indicator of a romantic feelings (proven false by Yumeko etc.);

- that it's okay to bully someone if you're a woman (deconstructed by Mary - she nonverbally apologized to Suzui for her behavior);

- that women and men cannot form a meaningful bond without it turning into romance (proven by Yumeko and Suzui - there is a mutual respect for each other between them);

- that a manga that is not labelled as a "yuri" can have (in future) a canon lesbian couple between two lead females.

Which brings me to my next point - the treatment of Yuri.

Usually, when there're yuri elements within the series not labelled a a "Yuri" they are treated as a nothing more than a fanservice or a laughting stock.

What I like about this series (and Twin) that it treats it's yuri elements with seriousness and care.

From "Twin" we have a little girl crush (Tsuzura towards Mary) and a wholesome portrayal of a BDSM kind of love (not only are the participants happy about this kind of situation, they also both care about each other).

And to the main deal - Yumeko's and Mary's beatifully written romance (lots of subtetly and hints).

The main charming point of this pair is the premise behind it. Imagine someone like Mary giving her heart to Yumeko . . . It is utterly adorable :) Not only is Mary an adorable pile of cuteness and power, but her character is also very likable (in a weird kind of way). Then combine Mary's hidden passion and strong will with Yumeko's craziness and childlike personality (both genuine). Not only are their interactions hilarious but this clash of personalities would be a great foundation stone for a fulfilling and passionate love life. I mean, I can easily imagine Mary being hilariously flustered about seeing Yumeko in her all nude glory while silently pondering to herself "what to do, what to do?". On the other hand I can also imagine Yumeko as an aggressive and sexy beast who would tease Mary like crazy :) But enough of that.

What I like the most about this couple is the fact that Yumeko is changing Mary, that she's bringing back our lovely blonde's humanity. It is implied that not only Mary is alone (by her own choice) but also she has severe trust issues (like her clash with Tsuzura in the 7th chapter of "Twin"). But look at all of the things that Yumeko already did to her:

- gave back her previous life and and allowed her to apologize for her bullying of Suzui;

- she is very caring of her (bringing Mary to the festival);

- she followed her advice about Itsuki (all take, not give anything from herself);

- she's showing Mary appreciation and love (stylizing her hair to look almost exactly like Saotome's, picking her up among the whole crowd while being very excited and indirectly expressed the desire to know her more).

On the other hand we have Mary who also shows a number of hints that she cares about "her" lovely psycho:

- becoming a classical tsundere towards her ("It's not like I'm giving you all this money because I care about you" . . .);

- and yet she does - passionate reactions, concern about Yumeko's well-being and standing up with her defence;

- she has a soft spot for her - indicated by the fact that she was almost immediately taken by the beauty of Yumeko's eyes [I mean, who wouldn't?];

- implied jealousy towards Sumeragi - "Sucking up to her already, huh . . .?" like Mary want's to be the only one with this kind of privilege :)

Kinda amazing when you're considering the fact that these two are "not that close".

My favorite couples (romantic and not):

- Yumeko x Mary (heavily hinted to be an endgame romantic couple);

- Kaede x Sumeragi (I have a gut feeling these two will marry);

- Sayaka x Kirari (Kinda nice . . .);

- Suzui x Yumemi (a bit crackish, but he expressed his interest towards her);

Platonic:

- Yumeko x Suzui (platonic love/master and protege);

- Mary x Suzui (best buds/possible family);

- Mary x Yumeko (both love and friendship);

- Runa x Midari (there was a little moment in chapter 10 . . .).

Okay, that's all :)

Well this is being serialized in GanGan JOKER after all so no cliches :)

and I don't think this manga will have any *hetro couples* if any girls will be with girls while guys will stay forever alone :P and I have to disagree with something you said that Mary has feeling for a psycho but your forgot that Mary her self is a sadist with is also a psycho. just like Yumeko but without her craziness ;3 

SAliburty

SAliburty

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts

So, a couple of notes about chapter 26:

- Yumeko, I know that your heart is already taken by a certain blonde but please allow me to say this - I adore you :) Not only you're charmingly insane but also very fair to Itsuki (offering your life in exchange for an astounding amount of 120 billion yen);

- By the gods that must've hurt . . . Poor Itsuki, ripping all her fingernails . . .

- So we have two identical presidents . . . Well, the hints were there, so I'm not complaining :)

- A nice climax at the end. I think that Kaede will either lose or tie with Yumeko/Itsuki duo.

My speculation about chapter 27:

- Manyuda will either lose or tie with Yumeko/Itsuki - I believe that tie is a possibility simply because it's too early for Yumeko to lose her pet status;

- Kaede, taken back by Itsuki persistence and dedication, would apologize for his actions. And since their clash can be read as a fighting between lovers, I do hold my opinion that Kaede will confess to Sumeragi. In my headcanon he will step aside and marry into Itsuki's family. So both toys and airlines . . .;

- Since it is a last chapter of the fifth volume Yumeko will do something in response to what she had just witnessed. And I have this gut feeling that she'll confess to Mary. I mean, doing something like that is very in character for her, right? :) It will be quite long and sweet appreciation for Mary's finer qualities as a human being.

And your speculations about the next chapter, Gala Lion?

Gala Lion

Gala Lion

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 231 posts

So, a couple of notes about chapter 26:

- Yumeko, I know that your heart is already taken by a certain blonde but please allow me to say this - I adore you :) Not only you're charmingly insane but also very fair to Itsuki (offering your life in exchange for an astounding amount of 120 billion yen);

- By the gods that must've hurt . . . Poor Itsuki, ripping all her fingernails . . .

- So we have two identical presidents . . . Well, the hints were there, so I'm not complaining :)

- A nice climax at the end. I think that Kaede will either lose or tie with Yumeko/Itsuki duo.

My speculation about chapter 27:

- Manyuda will either lose or tie with Yumeko/Itsuki - I believe that tie is a possibility simply because it's too early for Yumeko to lose her pet status;

- Kaede, taken back by Itsuki persistence and dedication, would apologize for his actions. And since their clash can be read as a fighting between lovers, I do hold my opinion that Kaede will confess to Sumeragi. In my headcanon he will step aside and marry into Itsuki's family. So both toys and airlines . . .;

- Since it is a last chapter of the fifth volume Yumeko will do something in response to what she had just witnessed. And I have this gut feeling that she'll confess to Mary. I mean, doing something like that is very in character for her, right? :) It will be quite long and sweet appreciation for Mary's finer qualities as a human being.

And your speculations about the next chapter, Gala Lion?

Well the author said on his Ask.fm that he wasn't planing on any real romance in the series but that the fans are free to make there own ships. and yeah I am sure that Yumeko will hug Mary or something like that ;p btw Vol5 will be out on May 19 same as Twin Vol2. did also read or see the other manga from the author like his new oneshot that he published in Weekly Young Mag and his ongoing series that came out at the same time as Twin called Rengoku Deadroll serialized in Dragon Age?

He truly is a genius not only with the Kakeguri series.

But let us go back to Mary she is more of a sadist then a Tsun so she is psycho too with makes her a great couple with Yumeko. her character is also one of a kind I mean you have many Tsun sadists (mostly for comedy purposes)  but no psycho Sadist Tsuns :P 

SAliburty

SAliburty

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts
Well the author said on his Ask.fm that he wasn't planing on any real romance in the series but that the fans are free to make there own ships.

Could you post his answer in original Japanese? I believe that he had said something about Yumeko's and Mary's bond ("up to your interpretation") but nothing about not developing any pairing. And as I've posted above, by the fifth chapter of Twin, Kawamoto - sensei basically comfirmed that there'll be yuri resolution. So once again, please post his answer :)

I also have a small request - since you're one of the first people that would read the next chapter could you confirm/deny my speculations when the 27th chapter will come out? Much appreciated for that :)

Gala Lion

Gala Lion

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 231 posts

Could you post his answer in original Japanese? I believe that he had said something about Yumeko's and Mary's bond ("up to your interpretation") but nothing about not developing any pairing. And as I've posted above, by the fifth chapter of Twin, Kawamoto - sensei basically comfirmed that there'll be yuri resolution. So once again, please post his answer :)

I also have a small request - since you're one of the first people that would read the next chapter could you confirm/deny my speculations when the 27th chapter will come out? Much appreciated for that :)

Here you go:  夢子と芽亜里の関係をどう形容するかは、それぞれの読者様の判断にお任せします!

also you can ask him questions on there. 

Chapter 27 will be out on April 22.

SAliburty

SAliburty

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts
Here you go:  夢子と芽亜里の関係をどう形容するかは、それぞれの読者様の判断にお任せします!

That's the exact thing that I've explained above - that he's leaving the type of a bond between Yumeko and Mary up to the reader's interpretation. Probably because he doesn't want to spoil you about future yuri and also because he wants to give himself some artistic freedom [without feeling pressured by the fans].

So a romantic relationships between characters in "Kakegurui" are a fair deal. Otherwise we would've not received the confirmation that the author will follow with the Yuri subtext that he ahd written into his work [check "Twin" chapter 5]. 

That's why I'm eagerly waiting for you to either confirm or deny my predictions about the next chapter.

Also - Mary, you're such a lucky girl :)

Gala Lion

Gala Lion

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 231 posts

That's the exact thing that I've explained above - that he's leaving the type of a bond between Yumeko and Mary up to the reader's interpretation. Probably because he doesn't want to spoil you about future yuri and also because he wants to give himself some artistic freedom [without feeling pressured by the fans].

So a romantic relationships between characters in "Kakegurui" are a fair deal. Otherwise we would've not received the confirmation that the author will follow with the Yuri subtext that he ahd written into his work [check "Twin" chapter 5]. 

That's why I'm eagerly waiting for you to either confirm or deny my predictions about the next chapter.

Also - Mary, you're such a lucky girl :)

same thing :)

I agree accept about the Kaede x Sumeragi I stil believe if there is going to be a couple at the end of this then it will be Yumeko x Mary and no one else. and that Kaede admits his mistakes he isn't the thype that would do that instead he will put all the blame to the president aka Twin and be mind broken cause of being a pet for the rest of his life. don't forget that this manga is dark so no don't accept any kind of fiarytailish outcomes.

Nah Mary is the lucky one for being Mary\s waifu still waiting for the doujins about those to '3

oh btw if you got a FB please like my page!

https://www.facebook.com/kakegurui/

PS Your the first person besides my self that I know that knows a lot about the series so I wanted to ask you if you are interested to help me with the Kakegurui Wiki that I made a while ago?

http://kakegurui.wikia.com/wiki/Kakegurui_Wikia

SAliburty

SAliburty

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts
I agree accept about the Kaede x Sumeragi I stil believe if there is going to be a couple at the end of this then it will be Yumeko x Mary and no one else. and that Kaede admits his mistakes he isn't the thype that would do that instead he will put all the blame to the president aka Twin and be mind broken cause of being a pet for the rest of his life. don't forget that this manga is dark so no don't accept any kind of fiarytailish outcomes.

Well, I still think that Kaede is not a total asshole. After all, every member of the Student Council went through some sort of a retribution thanks to Yumeko. So maybe she'll also change him a little?

PS Your the first person besides my self that I know that knows a lot about the series so I wanted to ask you if you are interested to help me with the Kakegurui Wiki that I made a while ago?

http://kakegurui.wikia.com/wiki/Kakegurui_Wikia

Let's wait for both of these manga to end (especially "Twin"). Working on something as ambitious as the Wikia while being in the dark about a crucial plot points will only create a mess and eventually lead to a series of false interpretations. To put it simply - Wikia must be a reliable source of information. So right now - abolutely not.

Nah Mary is the lucky one for being Mary\s waifu still waiting for the doujins about those to '3

Let's state the obvious - both are very lucky :) 

Gala Lion

Gala Lion

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 231 posts

Well, I still think that Kaede is not a total asshole. After all, every member of the Student Council went through some sort of a retribution thanks to Yumeko. So maybe she'll also change him a little?

Let's wait for both of these manga to end (especially "Twin"). Working on something as ambitious as the Wikia while being in the dark about a crucial plot points will only create a mess and eventually lead to a series of false interpretations. To put it simply - Wikia must be a reliable source of information. So right now - abolutely not.

Let's state the obvious - both are very lucky :)

nah Yumeko just breaks there two faced masks it's there personality's that screwed not Yumeko's fault 

and I don't think so if someone is gonna change him then it will be the Twin (in a bad way) remember what happened to the last guy that got beaten by Yumeko? he no longer exists in the manga :D

When it ends you do realize with the popularity of both series that, that won't be until around 6 years or perhaps even more if the vol sales increase after it get's a anime adaption (with it most likely will) this not some unpopular manga that is gonna end anytime soon.

also there exist a Japanese wiki so you could just copy paste them in English on the wiki but I can't read Japanese just yet so I can't do my self. non wiki wors like that it updates when there is new info no wiki is made after a series has ended.

oops why did I type Mary twice when I meant Yumeko ow well but the way I see things is that Yumeko is Mary's bitch and not the other way around ;3

SAliburty

SAliburty

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts
nah Yumeko just breaks there two faced masks it's there personality's that screwed not Yumeko's fault 

Well, she DID break them to the point that they're showing their true personas, so I still have hope . . .

and I don't think so if someone is gonna change him then it will be the Twin (in a bad way) remember what happened to the last guy that got beaten by Yumeko? he no longer exists in the manga

You mean Kiwatari? But that's the problem - he was decipted as an asshole from the start to the finish without even showing a flick of remorse about what he did to Tsubomi. With Kaede it's a little bit different. There was a small hint in the 2nd chapter of "Kakegurui" that someone from the Student Council must've assigned Itsuki to the Stuco. I alwasy suspected that Kaede was the person that did it.

When it ends you do realize with the popularity of both series that, that won't be until around 6 years or perhaps even more if the vol sales increase after it get's a anime adaption (with it most likely will) this not some unpopular manga that is gonna end anytime soon.

also there exist a Japanese wiki so you could just copy paste them in English on the wiki but I can't read Japanese just yet so I can't do my self. non wiki wors like that it updates when there is new info no wiki is made after a series has ended.

If you want a coherent story then the most logical thing to do is as follow - animate the "Twin" first, then go with the main story. You know, consistency etc.

The story is deep and engaging enough to span for 6 years but we've already have the battles against almost every member of the Stuco (excluding Runa, twin presidents and Sayaka). Then there's Yumeko's sister subplot - another volume etc. Honestly, who knows?

And the Japanese Wiki is not that great. It is leaving out so many informations about our characters. It also has some faulty interpretations, so it's not advisable to use it as a source.

I still stand by my words - let's wait and then let's do the most amazing, coherent and complex Wikia ever witnessed. Otherwise, it will be a disaster.

Some food for through to you:

1) Either Suzui or Mary is a mole that is feeding a Stuco informations about Yumeko's whereabouts. Notice that in the 10th chapter of "Kakegurui" Runa knows about Yumeko's desire to gamble with Kirari ("She said it herself" = there's a mole).

Which one would you suspect? Suzui or Mary?

2) I think that Suzui and Mary are relatives/siblings born from the different mothers. "What ?" you may ask. But let me explain why I think it might be possible:

- their bangs are quite similar to each other (the portion of their hair at the front);

- in Japanese version of the manga they use quite a bit of similar grammatical structures and phrases;

- they aren't using any honorifics when addressing each other. It could indicate a close, family-type of bond.

Again - what's your catch with it?