Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Something which is not a plot hole that the OP noticed.

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

tysoncs

tysoncs

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 46 posts

the silhoutte of the magician present in the last pic of the current raw chap:

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=131385&no=199&weekday=tue

matches exactly the silhoutte of the magician in this pic:

Spoiler

basically i think that this magician represented in the pic(president of eloth magic guild) will fight with kubera.

Reason:I think that he will succeed in the trial case of 29 murder case against asha and leez will seek revenge.

Whadyya guyz think?

Edited by tysoncs, 19 May 2014 - 04:27 PM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

That's not a plothole.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Mmmm.........yup, they look similar, you're right. 

ldf8dsz.jpg

But yeah, I don't know that it's so much of a "hole" rather than maybe some amount of foreshadowing or something. I mean let's face it, we're comparing nothing but silhouettes with no context. 

Still though, yeah, good catch.   :)

Tn7HA0h.png

I love sleeping

I love sleeping

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 504 posts

I think the other figure maybe not be leez by ruche cuz if u rmbr the outfit she wore during the meeting in atera it looks similar.

And now that riche got involved it seems all the more likely to me

tfw u write the wrong name and only notice one dya after

Edited by I love sleeping, 20 May 2014 - 08:50 AM.

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain

The picture from the second preview is for Asha and Leez.

Can't decide

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

I'm just curious, is there some way, besides inferring from context, you absolutely know who a couple of (completely void of details) silhouettes are?

Tn7HA0h.png

Ironandpeaches

Ironandpeaches

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 72 posts

I believe the word you wanted was "foreshadowing". And he already lost that case because Asha is roaming free. That does make me wonder if Currygom is going to throw a little Kuberian justice system our way. I'd love to see a retrial though, get to see some of the inner workings of the laws on Willarv.

Why do you think he will fight Kubera? Which Kubera?

Can't be, no skirt. Asha emphasized that her current set of clothing is what's best for her in chapter 2.91, so it won't be changing anytime soon. Though whether that picture happens "soon" is still in question. 

Edited by Ironandpeaches, 19 May 2014 - 10:38 PM.

Aeneid

Aeneid

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Hello~

Long time lurker, joined to share this observation.

We've seen the magician before in chapter 17 (s2) trying to pass the stolen goods law 

xNza4tk.png

Seems his campaigns aren't usually successful if Asha's incrimination didn't work either.

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts

Welcome!

Yeah, that was my first thought too; "This guy sucks at law." XD But I'm 99% sure Asha is expecting to be found guilty and be executed anyway.

Since we think the #1 is the priest of light, could that pillar of light in the preview be some sort of Surya object making Leez evolve into her next stage or something?

I love sleeping

I love sleeping

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 504 posts

Welcome!

Yeah, that was my first thought too; "This guy sucks at law." XD But I'm 99% sure Asha is expecting to be found guilty and be executed anyway.

Since we think the #1 is the priest of light, could that pillar of light in the preview be some sort of Surya object making Leez evolve into her next stage or something?

The pillar of light could be one those those gates alex opened.

And after this scene leez goes to the sura realm

themantarays

themantarays

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts

^I always thought she went to Rindhallow instead of the Sura Realm.

Tierra

Tierra

Baked Potato

• The Company
  • 1,912 posts
  • LocationGermany

^ And I thought Eloth xD

(city skyline... and now, Saha from Eloth...)

~*~ Kubera ~*~ Kubera Wiki ~*~ Kubera Fanart ~*~ Kubera TL(En)~*~

~*~ Smile today, tomorrow could be worse. ~*~

themantarays

themantarays

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts

I thought the cityscape looked more like Rindhallow?

Edited by ♫The Manta Rays-Alright!, 22 May 2014 - 05:04 AM.
Bah, I'll add images later.

Giantess

Giantess

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 417 posts
  • LocationOn top!

That silhouette looks, to me, like it's of Saha On killing Asha -- that fits the context of the rest of the intro, and matches what's currently happening in the plot.  The person on the left is wearing Asha's furs on one arm, and the person on the right has Sasa On's feathers on their shoulders.

My guess is that Sasa On is an idealist who uses his power to take on doomed causes.  Hence his attempt to have Asha -- a powerful, important and popular magician who, probably, killed relatively unimportant people nobody cared about -- brought to justice even though it would deprive the planet of one of their best magicians; and hence his attempts to pass a Stolen Goods Law, even though, probably, most of the people doing the stealing are other powerful magicians.  Both these things failed because other magicians voted for their selfish self-interest -- protecting their own people, keeping their own stolen goods -- rather than for his idealism.  Likewise, while Laila Hemawati was happy to give Asha permission to use the bibliographical search system, Sasa On denied it because, to him, letting an unauthorized person use it seemed like corruption and cronyism which violated the privacy of the citizens of Willarv.

Someone like that would see Asha -- who ruthlessly manipulates others to her own ends and who abuses her position to literally get away with murder -- as the worst sort of person.  And, I mean -- if that's how he is -- then he has a point, doesn't he?  Asha is abusing her position and trampling all over the rights and lives of others; and we know (and he might suspect) that she's not even doing it for any defensible reason, she's doing it purely for revenge.

Edited by Giantess, 25 May 2014 - 12:04 PM.

rak n' roll

rak n' roll

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,178 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Assuming we're still talking about the last cutscene of the Season 2 Preview, my guess is Saha On (Left) with Leez in the Hide of Bondage (Right).

Saha On clearly has summoned God Surya (Chapter 6 silhouette), and he has full access to the bibliographical search system.  There's no way he doesn't know just as much as Claude, who knew creepy-stalker levels of stuff about Asha and her party.  So I'm currently suspecting that Saha On's the speaker of the last words of the preview, and that he'll be the medium by which Asha exchanges herself for the cards she doesn't want to discard (Ran, Leez, and Yuta).

In that way, God Kubera -- who's "openly" trying to have Leez killed -- will "lose" and the side that's been protecting Leez's life will "win" against him.

Of course, my guesses have been wrong so many times before...

Edited by rak n' roll, 25 May 2014 - 12:31 PM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Huh, there's actually a possibility that he's not a priest. Even if he operated the turrets in Eloth, we've seen that it's possible for those other than aligned priests to operate the turrets (Claude taking over for Siera). In that case he could be any triple-attribute.

It would be strange for him not to be a priest, since the highest rankers of any attribute is chosen to be a priest, but who knows. I still think he Is the priest of light or something, but we'll see.

I wish someone could change that title. xD It's a foreshadowing, not a plothole. It's actually be pretty big news if we did discover a plothole. >_> (not saying that Currygom can't make mistakes, but at this point it's hard to tell for sure if anything is a plothole)

Edited by Mizura, 25 May 2014 - 12:54 PM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

Giantess

Giantess

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 417 posts
  • LocationOn top!

An aside about the line a bit further down on the chapter preview:

At first, I thought the the "It is my victory, Kubera" line was written in the green text used for Future!Leez, but when I went back and compared it (in the original) to both the previous page and the text where she's taunting Future!God-Kubera, it's definitely not -- it's blue, by comparison, which going by color themes presumably means it is spoken by Asha or Sagara.

(Or by someone else with a blue color scheme who we haven't seen yet.)

Truthfully, I'm more inclined to assume Sagara, since she seems far more likely to taunt a defeated Kubera (either one.)  Or a Kubera she believes she's defeated, anyway, since Sagara has a terrible track record when it comes to assuming things like that.

Edited by Giantess, 26 May 2014 - 01:46 AM.

rak n' roll

rak n' roll

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,178 posts

An aside about the line a bit further down on the chapter preview:

At first, I thought the the "It is my victory, Kubera" line was written in the green text used for Future!Leez, but when I went back and compared it (in the original) to both the previous page and the text where she's taunting Future!God-Kubera, it's definitely not -- it's blue, by comparison, which going by color themes presumably means it is spoken by Asha or Sagara.

(Or by someone else with a blue color scheme who we haven't seen yet.)

Truthfully, I'm more inclined to assume Sagara, since she seems far more likely to taunt a defeated Kubera (either one.)  Or a Kubera she believes she's defeated, anyway, since Sagara has a terrible track record when it comes to assuming things like that.

You must have a better monitor than I do.  To me, it's a dead ringer for Future!Leez, when compared to Agni's insight of her from Chapter 1-8.

It doesn't make sense for those to be her lines in the S2 preview, but I thought the colorings matched up perfectly...

Giantess

Giantess

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 417 posts
  • LocationOn top!

You must have a better monitor than I do.  To me, it's a dead ringer for Future!Leez, when compared to Agni's insight of her from Chapter 1-8.

It doesn't make sense for those to be her lines in the S2 preview, but I thought the colorings matched up perfectly...

Are you going by the original Korean text color, or the translation?  Comparing them, it looks like the translation got the color wrong for Leez' text the first time it appeared (which is understandable, since they had absolutely no reason to think the precise shade of green she uses would be important.)  But if you compare the original Korean, it's very obvious:

p0WecE9.png

(Leez' later text in God Kubera's insight uses green, too.  And you can see a huge amount of her green text on the page immediately before the Chapter 2 preview -- the end of Chapter 1 -- where her future self regrets not having seen the pain Yuta was in back then.)

Incidentally, while going back to get that, I noticed that Gandharva uses the same shade of green as Leez.  I don't know if it's important or not (probably it's just because they have the same hair color), but I thought it was interesting.

Edited by Giantess, 26 May 2014 - 12:33 PM.

rak n' roll

rak n' roll

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,178 posts

Are you going by the original Korean text color, or the translation?  Comparing them, it looks like the translation got the color wrong for Leez' text the first time it appeared (which is understandable, since they had absolutely no reason to think the precise shade of green she uses would be important.)  But if you compare the original Korean, it's very obvious:

p0WecE9.png

(Leez' later text in God Kubera's insight uses green, too.  And you can see a huge amount of her green text on the page immediately before the Chapter 2 preview -- the end of Chapter 1 -- where her future self regrets not having seen the pain Yuta was in back then.)

Incidentally, while going back to get that, I noticed that Gandharva uses the same shade of green as Leez.  I don't know if it's important or not (probably it's just because they have the same hair color), but I thought it was interesting.

Thank you so much -- it certainly was my mistake to use the translated color.

I wonder if it's Kali gloating: going back through the raws, it seems like the closest match to that shade of greenish-blue is the eye color of Yuto/Taraka/her.  And since we've never seen Yuto or Taraka identify with that color of thought attribution...