Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Ending Discussion **SPOILERS**

End Spoilers Discussion

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Andrew McConnell

Andrew McConnell

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Okay, the ending,I kinda like that they're together again, but at the same time, she in no way changed physicaly, and no conclusion of their romance was brought about in any way.  Overall, I'd say that I didn't like it.  What do you guys think?

Mousehunter

Mousehunter

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

I liked most of the conclusions from the ending except the Adachi part, even if it was very "Adachi like", I mean her character was an idiot so going to high school again wasn't really out of character,
but I have to agree with the lack of conclusion of the romance and anything more in depth about the circumstances or reasons of her disappearance.

Also Shinagawas reaction for her showing up was weak! 

adel

adel

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Its an ending that lacks an ending, pretty typical in these kind of series, but still one of the worst kinds of endings for a story, espcially a long one.  A ending like this leaves a bad aftertaste, and even if everything up till that point was great, it gets poisoned by something like this. 

ichigosama

ichigosama

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

I heard months ago that this was the ending, and honestly, I figured it was a misunderstanding or something... because I don't [get] what is going on... How is she a [transfer student]? I mean... wtf... Shouldn't she be 4~5 years older than all the other students? an 18 year old and a 22~23 year old are a BIG difference... Doesn't Japan not _mandate_ going to high school anyways? (Or don't they have a GED like program? ) 

The logic of the last few pages just doesn't make any sense to me... 

Part of me thought she went to another university and got her teaching degree at first too... then she was also a new teacher and wanted to go with him (which honestly makes a lot of sense, and would be a better ending) But I kept parsing what she says and I don't think that is what she means... 

The ending is such a jump in logic, that I feel I must be missing some crucial point. Which is preventing me from even appreciating the 'humor' in her repeating HS... 

I dunno...  I'd say this is really weak ending overall, and could have been much better if she was a teacher also, or something along those lines....

Nekoshou

Nekoshou

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 41 posts
  • LocationNekyou Cat Shrine (as a Statue)

Spoiler

cc_ghost

cc_ghost

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

Oh my God PrionBlank. I am sobbing right now. That's literally the only way we can call this a good ending - by making it a bad one.

Edited by kimchi_boy, 21 March 2014 - 07:36 AM.

ichigosama

ichigosama

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

I swear page 27 _has_ to have a mis-translation or ...something... because it doesn't make any sense...

Either that or the... "he went nuts" angle is the only viable option. (which is a crap ending b/c 1) bad ending 2) poorly executed, b/c it isn't clear what is going on) 

DrkTempest

DrkTempest

Potato

• Members
  • 100 posts

All that and he still doesn't get the girl or even move forward. And what is she? 20 something and back in high school! Why did I even read this thing?

erin92

erin92

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Locationinside the house

Maybe there's still a continuation of this? maybe a side story? Gonna look forward to it if there is :) Many things boggle on my mind.

• @PrionBlank Thank you for sharing that comment. So that's it! I would not complain about having a bad ending. Mental breakdown is something you can't handle yourself to solve but have to need help from others especially from the person who caused his present state.

cibino

cibino

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

Iv wasted 3 years on this manga and this is the ending i get ffs.

atheus

atheus

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

Ridiculously unsatisfying ending, any way you interpret it.

hiddenseraph

hiddenseraph

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

im kinda disappointed on how there was no details with her family (or did i just miss it :o)

Xodysseus

Xodysseus

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
That was a terrible ending, it is building up to something good with the details to how everyone was after but then it gets Adachi and it tanked horribly. Its really sad to me because I really enjoyed this manga

harryisme

harryisme

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts

So if the ending was not in his head does that mean if we take a close look at Yamato and the 7 witches we might be able to spot Adachi somewhere?

Really I expected a bit more from a manga that wen on for over two hundred chapters and lets face it the past 50 or so were stretch as far as they could be so there was plenty of time to get a proper resolution if the mangaka wanted. This kinda puts me off Yamada.

Ne0spartan

Ne0spartan

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

Personally this ending feels like the lead into another manga. Not having any information about Adachi's family makes me wonder if it won't follow Adachi's experiences after leaving highschool.

maffa

maffa

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Locationitaly

(reposted from comment section)

And so in the end neither M.me Yoshikawa kew who the fucking fuck Adachi Hana was. Great. An alien? The daughter of a very powerful ancient and forbidden martial artist family? A yakuza ojou? We will never know.

This is why i fucking hate mangas sometimes. Because mangakas are paid by the chapter and when they have to close their stoies sometimes they cant care less to wrapping things up nicely, thus failing to give a proper clusure to a story WHICH IS THE THRICE DAMNED REASON PEOPLE WILL REMEMBER THE STORY IN THE FIRST PLACE. If you screw up the ending, you turn a proper story in untouchable stuff. It's like reverse alchemy, you turn gold into shit, 100% pure lose.

Fuck. Fucking fuck.

PS someone cited Yamada: funny enough, Shinagawa appears in Yamada 7nin no mayou, and he's also cited in the Q&A section 

cc_ghost

cc_ghost

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

Iv wasted 3 years on this manga and this is the ending i get ffs.

Some of us, me included, have been reading this since 2008! The disappointment is overwhelming.

atheus

atheus

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

What I really don't get is that the nonsensical ending even contradicts itself - confirming that Adachi went to Tono U but somehow nobody ever saw her there, then backpedals to she decided not to graduate high school and so never went on to Tono U... The facts aren't even consistent within the last few chapters.

Sogno-

Sogno-

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 469 posts

i've known the ending for a long time now and i'm even more pissed now that it's translated. i just.. why?! why did the mangaka do this?? ugggghhh

tumblr_mt78v2coUo1sycuvlo1_500.gif

lol roll lol

Bakuwoman

Bakuwoman

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

This is just really depressing.. I hope there is some type of bonus/extra side story to clarify the Adachi thing.