Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[SPOILERS] Current Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

hah, we accually got a double spread! :o

Oh yeah, the double page was great..........can't believe the author, not letting Meguru choke that jerk out  :D

Oh well, going to the judge's decision. Yeah, maybe a little anticlimactic, but let's be serious here........this isn't shounen, so it's probably a much more realistic ending. That guy was a monster, Meguru just hanging with him was huge enough already.

Tn7HA0h.png

Everath

Everath

Lord of Longcats

• Contrib Mods
  • 120 posts
  • LocationLongcat Universe

I doubt he would have been able to choke him out in 10 secounds anyway.

androssi_02_broken.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I doubt he would have been able to choke him out in 10 secounds anyway.

True, I thought the same thing when the 10 second alert came. That was really only enough time for there to maybe be a one-hit type KO to prevent it from reaching the time limit.

Tn7HA0h.png

Everath

Everath

Lord of Longcats

• Contrib Mods
  • 120 posts

Yes I knew that was gonna happend 2 weeks ago, still awesome tho. :D

androssi_02_broken.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Yes I knew that was gonna happend 2 weeks ago, still awesome tho. :D

Yup, definitely awesome. So, anybody but me figure those three serious-faced judges probably had their decisions swayed a little bit by all the showboating that guy did? Not that we'll probably ever know or anything, but stuff like that guy was doing isn't always considered cool by everybody. I'd imagine a lot of the people there were glad to see that guy lose........and not just because of the underdog thing.

Meguru.......he just can't help but have his "creepy" moments in front of the girls   :D

EdHeqgV.png?1

Tn7HA0h.png

Everath

Everath

Lord of Longcats

• Contrib Mods
  • 120 posts

I dunno realy about the judges, since I always find the point system a bit confusing. But yea realy glad Meguru won. 

Poor gurl, look so happy, and then meets that wierd face haha.

androssi_02_broken.png

4649matt

4649matt

Potato Sprout

• Silent Sky
  • 8 posts

Yup, definitely awesome. So, anybody but me figure those three serious-faced judges probably had their decisions swayed a little bit by all the showboating that guy did? 

It is certainly possible, but one of the nice things about Shooto as a fighting organization is that the judging and scoring are actually really clear cut and well defined.

By tallying "significant hits", ie a hit that elicits a physical reaction, and any downs received from striking, the striking score can almost be calculated. The grappling score is a straight tally based on the calls from the center judge during the match.

If a score turns up equal in a tournament, then they decide by flags (essential voting) which is a lot more subjective. If the score had been tied, I think Meguru would have been given the win for being the better sportsman. I know I would have raised the flag for Meguru without hesitation.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Spoiler

Oooh, very interesting stuff, thanks a lot. That does seem pretty well laid out.........though I still think there's probably some room for fudging :D

What can I say, I think being truly, completely impartial..........yeah, I believe a lot more people think they are than actually are. Being influenced (by a negative impression of poor sportsmanship, like I was referring to) even if it's just at a subconscious level........yeah, that's something I think is really tough to totally rule out of one's judgement. It's just a part of human nature I think.

Kind of like you mentioned,  "significant" hits.........well, yeah. There's room there for being subjective, even if they didn't realize they were favoring the guy who wasn't acting like a jerk and showing up the whole event   :D

Edited by svines85, 27 June 2014 - 04:02 AM.

Tn7HA0h.png

Everath

Everath

Lord of Longcats

• Contrib Mods
  • 120 posts

I like how the old dude get so short fights. AH well, not rly sad over it, I rather see more meguru anyway.

androssi_02_broken.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I like how the old dude get so short fights. AH well, not rly sad over it, I rather see more meguru anyway.

Kind of anticlimactic after one of Meguru's marathon battles, eh?  :D

Well, I think we can be fairly sure that their finals match won't be that way, I'm expecting that one to get pretty ugly  >_<

Tn7HA0h.png

4649matt

4649matt

Potato Sprout

• Silent Sky
  • 8 posts

It highlights the amount of effort required by a young underdog to get to the finals versus a crafty veteran. 

Meguru spends half of his fights figuring out what he is a) doing wrong or B) should be doing, so long fights are a given.

Muroi goes in with a battle plan he made and initiates his plan early. I would be disappointed if they didn't go quickly.

I am curious how Muroi would have fared against Mitsuya! Crafty Veteran vs. Unrefined Talent

Everath

Everath

Lord of Longcats

• Contrib Mods
  • 120 posts

It highlights the amount of effort required by a young underdog to get to the finals versus a crafty veteran. 

Meguru spends half of his fights figuring out what he is a) doing wrong or B) should be doing, so long fights are a given.

Muroi goes in with a battle plan he made and initiates his plan early. I would be disappointed if they didn't go quickly.

I am curious how Muroi would have fared against Mitsuya! Crafty Veteran vs. Unrefined Talent

Damn so smart T_T *goes back to editing*

androssi_02_broken.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Hah! Maki, so supportive... :D

lFXkiJ5.png?1

Tn7HA0h.png

Everath

Everath

Lord of Longcats

• Contrib Mods
  • 120 posts

And on we go...Dat age diffrence tho!

And color pages for ch 91 now. Think we are the first ones to include it. :3

androssi_02_broken.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Yeah, a huge age difference. Meguru's probably on the young side for actually competing at the sport and no doubt Muroi is well on the older side too. 

This one'll no doubt be a long fight.

Tn7HA0h.png

Everath

Everath

Lord of Longcats

• Contrib Mods
  • 120 posts

Sure will *me been reading dem raws.*

androssi_02_broken.png

Everath

Everath

Lord of Longcats

• Contrib Mods
  • 120 posts

Like I said in the comments: I feel like Nabe got dis.

androssi_02_broken.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Like I said in the comments: I feel like Nabe got dis.

Yeah, he was a good match for Meguru. A crafty veteran to mentor the young up-and-comer.  :)

Tn7HA0h.png

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.

Oooh, Muroi jinxed it!  Started thinking overconfident.  Now Meguru's gonna start giving him trouble.

4649matt

4649matt

Potato Sprout

• Silent Sky
  • 8 posts

Elements the author has planted, both subtle hints and blatant themes, come into to play resolving this fight.

More mature writing is one of the pleasures of seinen manga, even in an action manga.

The folly of youth and the folly of experience both play into this match!