Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

I wanna learn how to draw

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

OchaMeido❣

OchaMeido❣

The Head Maid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,728 posts
  • Location@ the Greenhouse Tea Party~

I can't really draw, I like to play with the colors and shapes at random, sometimes I end up with interesting paterns. Teaching me would be a waste of your time ^^

*pouts* and you havent even tried... I dont even see one of your images yet.

ןן Tea Party~ ןן "THE BAR" ןן

ןןGuide to Uploading/deltin/sortin ןן

ןן[Must read] COMMENT SECTIONS RULES ן

Follow the comment sections' rules or else, you will be hanging at the edge of an cliff ^^
It maybe one step closer to death's door or an extension of your life's time.

Guest_hand_von_Kartoffel

Guest_hand_von_Kartoffel
  • Guests

*pouts* and you havent even tried... I dont even see one of your images yet.

If I show you, you may laugh. I only show people the things I am so good at and try hard to hide my weaknesses <- I'm pathetic that way lol

Though I wonder if there are some special tricks about MS Paint

OchaMeido❣

OchaMeido❣

The Head Maid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,728 posts
  • Location@ the Greenhouse Tea Party~

If I show you, you may laugh. I only show people the things I am so good at and try hard to hide my weaknesses <- I'm pathetic that way lol

Lol, Nop. There is no trick to it. what you see is what you get xD

Have some courage, hand! Show your movements~

ןן Tea Party~ ןן "THE BAR" ןן

ןןGuide to Uploading/deltin/sortin ןן

ןן[Must read] COMMENT SECTIONS RULES ן

Follow the comment sections' rules or else, you will be hanging at the edge of an cliff ^^
It maybe one step closer to death's door or an extension of your life's time.

Guest_hand_von_Kartoffel

Guest_hand_von_Kartoffel
  • Guests

Lol, Nop. There is no trick to it. what you see is what you get xD

Have some courage, hand! Show your movements~

No, you are going to laugh :unsure: :P

Lalbutt

Lalbutt

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,365 posts
  • LocationMoving Castle

I did two years of Visual Arts in school, just for fun :DD

my work was fairly crap, but sculpting, painting, sketching, lino painting was fun~

Taking art classes will definitely help you cover the basics, shading and all.

Then exams started and i guess as a way of procrastinating/relaxing i started drawing, mostly just copying stuff from the net and i got better.

Still not good enough to create original work though v.v

If you wanna create original work, and don't know how, maybe try looking at stock/reference images? 

Edited by LalMirch, 03 May 2014 - 08:21 AM.

Alcruid

Alcruid

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • Locationsomewheeeeere... over the rainbow, way up high ~

when it comes to paint, I had a lot of difficulty drawing in the lines... (which is why I have forsaken them) but you can shade pretty nicely when using the pencil and gradually changing colours when doing so. 

Thaeria2.gif

My webcomic (action | fantasy | adventure | mystery) on Batoto (image)

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/sp/thaeria-dancing-with-the-devil-r11374

Hear me sing and help me grow and improve! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGBxlhBeruObuKrVkQaTRtw

Alcruid | Al | Alc | Altan | Alcchan

Spoiler

anthonyandres81

anthonyandres81

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Art is just like anything else worth learning in life, it takes LOTS of practice and dedication. In order to be a decent artist you'll probably need to put in about 10,000 hours of practice, which sounds like a lot but over the course of years will go by quickly. The most important thing is just to keep at it, be open to critique and learning new techniques.

StarvedShark

StarvedShark

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts

For me, I begin with a stick man. Literally a stick man. Just to put the bones things in perspective.

A human is roughly 5-6 heads long. (Correct me if I'm wrong anyone)

Really late, but according to this reference book, it's 7.5 heads, varying for kids and short or tall people.

Also, there's a lot of anatomy breakdowns and tutorials at that site.

You can also just laugh at how bad the art by actual pros is.

Edited by StarvedShark, 18 October 2014 - 02:58 AM.

Yan Q

Yan Q

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Locationwith your lover
Curious to see if he's (folie's) made any progress since..
Here's my little tid bit though...

《VVreeeallylongVV》
It's important to have a general idea of what "style" you are going for. Japanese animation differs greatly from American animation (both of which have sub-styles/genres themselves). Fashion drawing is different from portraiture, and so on.

I came from a fashion design background, so a lot of my figures and proportions are exaggerated. I've had to tone it down since. But anatomy is really important if you plan on drawing people. Once you learn the basics, you can figure out how to exaggerate certain parts to make it fit your personal aesthetic.

Different people have different methods. But a simple way is to take photos of people, and break down their body/face into simple shapes/lines. Confidence can show in line art, but that comes with practice. Start with that, then work on shadowing (you can start by drawing a crumpled piece of paper).

Colour theory, clothing, backgrounds all come after that.

Just draw. A lot. And draw what you like. You'll feel more motivated. Just don't start by copying from someone else's style (eg an anime, art from pixiv) before you're grounded in the basics, otherwise it'll be hard to fix any problems, and you'll find it harder to adapt your style to your needs.

It's like, don't walk that tightrope until you can walk a straight line on the ground.

yes, i bite

fp | ig