Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

General introductions

• Please log in to reply
1926 replies to this topic

choujy

choujy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Hi, I'm just a manga lover passing by. Nice to meet you all! :batoto_016:

Zone Q11

Zone Q11

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
Humu... my second forum... I hope nothing bad will happen.
Nickname: Zone
Birthplace: Indonesia
Nationality: Holland
Wait. We have "Warning Points"?

Edited by Zone Q11, 17 January 2017 - 08:55 PM.

"The Plebeian who hails from NUF City"

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Hi, everybody, welcome to batoto :D

Tn7HA0h.png

Natureboy

Natureboy

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,162 posts
  • Locationdeep in the forest

Hey Dutch Zone. Welcome to Batoto. Yeah this place is moderated. You can report stuff that violates Batoto policies and repeat/extreme violators eventually get banned. Warning points are how the moderators keep score, and how the provocateurs know that they're on thin ice. Three years and I've never gotten a warning point, or anything more than a friendly reminder from a moderator that "You may not know this, but you're really not supposed to do x."  From my experience, the moderation system is mostly invisible. It does mean that people have an incentive to stay on topic and avoid being deliberately offensive. (Light trolling seems to be tolerated in some fora/threads but not others.) I have seen a few other people get banned—some of whom returned after a time-limited suspension of their posting privileges.

Please enjoy your stay.

Zone Q11

Zone Q11

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Hey Dutch Zone. Welcome to Batoto. Yeah this place is moderated. You can report stuff that violates Batoto policies and repeat/extreme violators eventually get banned. Warning points are how the moderators keep score, and how the provocateurs know that they're on thin ice. Three years and I've never gotten a warning point, or anything more than a friendly reminder from a moderator that "You may not know this, but you're really not supposed to do x."  From my experience, the moderation system is mostly invisible. It does mean that people have an incentive to stay on topic and avoid being deliberately offensive. (Light trolling seems to be tolerated in some fora/threads but not others.) I have seen a few other people get banned—some of whom returned after a time-limited suspension of their posting privileges.

Please enjoy your stay.

Thanks! ...by the way, why is everybody called a Potato in their Titles?
"The Plebeian who hails from NUF City"

Princess Amelia

Princess Amelia

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I created this account purely to view manga here, which is apparently a necessity despite the fact that the banner promoting the advantages of having an account does not mention needing one for basic functionality, leading me to think I just wasn't looking in the right place. Well that's 20 minutes of my life I won't be getting back. At least I'm done now, and maybe I'll make some posts or whatever.

acepanda

acepanda

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • LocationOn the toilet

Welcome! 
Didn't know that creating an account takes 20 minutes!

Tough Luck Bud. 

Enjoy your stay

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Hi, Princess Amelia, welcome to batoto :)

Tn7HA0h.png

Natureboy

Natureboy

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,162 posts

Yeah, Amelia-hime. Batoto didn't used to require registration to read. Then the crawler bots from the for-profit sites starting hitting Batoto's image servers so hard that serving their requests became most of the traffic. Requiring registration did seem to make reading more responsive (for now) and perhaps saved significant server fees. 

Alcruid

Alcruid

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • Locationsomewheeeeere... over the rainbow, way up high ~
Hi o/

Thaeria2.gif

My webcomic (action | fantasy | adventure | mystery) on Batoto (image)

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/sp/thaeria-dancing-with-the-devil-r11374

Hear me sing and help me grow and improve! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGBxlhBeruObuKrVkQaTRtw

Alcruid | Al | Alc | Altan | Alcchan

Spoiler

mikazuki11

mikazuki11

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Hello! I just joined here!  :batoto_024:

I like to read manga and watch anime, just like everyone here. I joined here because I'm currently interested in translating+editing stuff, but I'm not too sure about joining a scanlation team just yet ^^ But I do want to share the works I did! 

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Welcome to batoto, it's nice to meet you :)

Tn7HA0h.png

aisakurachan

aisakurachan

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Hello

Just (stranded) joined in this beautiful forum. 

I joined because somehow I can't open mangaf*x anymore  :batoto_012: and I don't know why

But, let's leave the past and enjoy the moment in batoto :batoto_015:

Edited by aisakurachan, 23 January 2017 - 07:05 AM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Hello

Just (stranded) joined in this beautiful forum. 

I joined because somehow I can't open mangaf*x anymore and I don't know why

But, let's leave the past and enjoy the moment in batoto 

Hi, welcome to batoto  :)

You can't open Mangafox (i.e. you can't  access the site at all) or you can't read comics there? Oh well, no matter which, the answer is probably the same, use a proxy :D

(I've been using one for at least the last couple of years, could get on fine, but most comics would come up "this is licensed and not available on Mangafox".......i.e. all of the licensed manga, you know, the vast majority of the content,  blocked by country. Got a proxy, no more problem :) )

You're not in Russia, are you?

Tn7HA0h.png

aisakurachan

aisakurachan

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Hi, welcome to batoto  :)

You can't open Mangafox (i.e. you can't  access the site at all) or you can't read comics there? Oh well, no matter which, the answer is probably the same, use a proxy :D

(I've been using one for at least the last couple of years, could get on fine, but most comics would come up "this is licensed and not available on Mangafox".......i.e. all of the licensed manga, you know, the vast majority of the content,  blocked by country. Got a proxy, no more problem :) )

You're not in Russia, are you?

Hi,

I m not in russia ( maybe it take 2 days to fly from my place to russia  :D , I m from Indonesian  :rolleyes:  )

for the last few months I've using HSS, but Im getting tired of it, because it cut down half my internet speed -_- , 

and Im to lazy to learn about proxy etc.. :P so, the best option for me is to find some new site

:batoto_024:

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Hi,

I m not in russia ( maybe it take 2 days to fly from my place to russia  :D , I m from Indonesian  :rolleyes:  )

for the last few months I've using HSS, but Im getting tired of it, because it cut down half my internet speed -_- , 

and Im to lazy to learn about proxy etc.. :P so, the best option for me is to find some new site

Ah, sure, I understand completely, and Batoto's reader (where you're actually looking at the comic) is easily the best of all the sites.....they've got a few holes when it comes to overall "content" though, I use one called MangaPark as a backup (if you need one :) ).

http://mangapark.me/

Tn7HA0h.png

YeyiTanemon

YeyiTanemon

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts
Welcome guys! I hope you all enjoy being here! Read a lot of stuff! This a great place with nice and kind people!

Mimiko

Mimiko

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts

Nickname: Mimiko 
Birthplace: America 

Nice to meet you guys!   :batoto_029:  

I LOVE THESE EMOJIS  :batoto_001:  omg it's so cute  :batoto_022:

miku_by_whooaman-dbis7mg.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

It's nice to meet you too, Mimiko, welcome to batoto :)

Tn7HA0h.png

Natureboy

Natureboy

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,162 posts

Welcome to Batoto!  Please enjoy your stay.