Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Inconsistency?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

aklik

aklik

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts

1.  In the first chapter, his dad was in Korea, except for he was just eating out.  The author either retconned it or completely forgot about it and now, the dad that was eating out just a day ago is on a business trip to the U.S.

4.  What I'm saying is that every RPG increases mana cost with increased spell levels.  If not, then that would just result in the player being able to spam a near unlimited amount of spells.  This is the case for him right now.  Worse of all, it also seems like he has no cooldowns.  All that's need is the time taken to say "Spinning Mana Arrow"  All he has to do is find an elevated position and blanket the streets with arrows that have the ability to one-shot zombies.   With that kind of power, he could probably take down multiple legion zombies in a row before they could even get near him. 

1)apparently business trips are endless and if someone was in it at first chap, than he must be in the same trip next 1000 chapters...

4) no one said that gamer ability isn't op

He has 1300 mana the last time we saw it (probably higher now that he leveled up).  Each mana arrow spell costs 6 mana and makes 3 arrows.  This means he can fire off 650* arrows with his mana pool alone (not counting mana regen).  Also, now that he hit level 12 in mana arrows (assuming he gets an extra arrow every 3 arrows which seems reasonable), he can now fire off at least 867 mana arrows at once.  

Assuming he can fire as quickly as he can speak, that means he can fire 4 mana arrows (each with enough destructive powers to punch a hole through a tree) every second.  More "theorycrafting" if you want it:

Spoiler

So, like I was saying, although this isn't an inconsistency, the author probably didn't think this through very well. 

*And yes, I misremembered how many arrows he could fire.  650 is still a freaking lot though. 

3 9 12 nice logic bro

according to manwha, that i was reading, he got upgraids for this skill at 3 and 9 lvls, so he'll shot 4 arrows at 81 lvl, also he is oneshoting zombie but we know nothing about zombie's and legion's spell resists

and last one - he can shot 650 arrows with his mana pool it's realy cool, but at the same time he can make 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 punches with his manapool, can you count how many legion zombies he can kill in one go, assuming that one punch makes about 200-300 dmg?

Edited by aklik, 06 March 2014 - 12:33 PM.

Anonnn

Anonnn

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

I think this is intentional. I expect his father is an important character being left for later, or simply doesn't exist anywhere and his mother is making him THINK he has one.

With his Gamer Mind skill (immunity to psychological status effects) I think what you're saying would make sense.

thaile4ever

thaile4ever

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

From reading chapter 25 again, I'm going to throw out that maybe one of the drawbacks is cast time.  While the cost is the same, it takes more time to summon the addition arrows.  So you can either A. cast it multiple times to instantly create multiple arrows at the cost of mana or B. Cast once and wait for the addition arrows to form.

You can see in the fight he cast mana arrow multiple times and it form one arrow each.  Of course the last time he summons the magic arrow after he cripped the boss, it formed 5 arrows.  So I'm not sure if it because he waited or the author got tired of writing the spell name.

Katsurandom

Katsurandom

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts

aren't we going to talk about MR (Magic Ressist)?

His spinin mana arrow may be op...But there is bounded to appeear someone who has a High MR in the manhwa....right?

God-Emperor

God-Emperor

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,729 posts
  • LocationRelaxing inside of trees of 77th Floor and reading something.

aren't we going to talk about MR (Magic Ressist)?

His spinin mana arrow may be op...But there is bounded to appeear someone who has a High MR in the manhwa....right?

Not until our dear MC get hit by magic and create the passive skill Magic Resistance.

Katsurandom

Katsurandom

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts

I kinda was thinking about a enemy with high MR.... but now that you say it....it's right....when he gets hits by magic (Probably in a ghost dungeon or something like dat) he will develope a MR Endure skill...

btw...if I was him i would grind endure....you know, using the zombies like get hitted by a lot of zombies and use Yuhon soul recovery,  and dat's how I would grind endure & yuhon soul recovery....it would hurt as hell but it would be for the greatest op plan

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts
  • Locationwathcing you from some place far away

btw...if I was him i would grind endure....you know, using the zombies like get hitted by a lot of zombies and use Yuhon soul recovery,  and dat's how I would grind endure & yuhon soul recovery....it would hurt as hell but it would be for the greatest op plan

.......but he didn't raise his wis enough to think of something like that. intelligence doesn't always make the person wiser.

あっ ちょっと死んじまった

Darkrage

Darkrage

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts

Having them bite and chew on you would hurt a lot....and who knows what diseases they might carry :o

Stutus window: [[[You just got hepatitis and 21 other diseases.... You lose 200 hp per second, 99% of your stats and are unable to use magic, good luck against the boss that just spawned.]]]

Why not ask somebody to repeatedly beat you with a stick instead? In most rpg with defense skill leveling (like skyrim/oblivion) it was often better to use humanoids to level defense skills instead of walking corpses due to the obvious side effects they could bring.

Vandalier

Vandalier

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts

Having them bite and chew on you would hurt a lot....and who knows what diseases they might carry :o

Stutus window: [[[You just got hepatitis and 21 other diseases.... You lose 200 hp per second, 99% of your stats and are unable to use magic, good luck against the boss that just spawned.]]]

Why not ask somebody to repeatedly beat you with a stick instead? In most rpg with defense skill leveling (like skyrim/oblivion) it was often better to use humanoids to level defense skills instead of walking corpses due to the obvious side effects they could bring.

but then he can still use ki so he can still use Soul Recovery

Through adverse Zahard will the monarchy of the great fisherman be in ruinous trouble: The young red black one will seize the hierarchy, The traitors will act on a day of drizzle.

Culaio29

Culaio29

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 99 posts

We also musn't forget that he does feel pain from being hit like any other person even if pain doesn't last as long as normally, so if he is hit by attack that can break concrete wall then he would feel being hit by attack that can break concrete wall. Also we don't know if "Physical Endurance" decrease pain felt by user, if it doesn't then main character will have HUGE problem, especially IF the more damage/pain he suffers the quicker his skill increase, eventually he would have to "train" by doing really painful things, for example: lets run into wall full speed or lets jump from 10 floor.......................or higher >_>(the more max HP he has and higher his  "Physical Endurance" skill is the more dangerous stuff he can survive)

Edited by Culaio29, 23 March 2014 - 07:34 AM.

MagicWafflez

MagicWafflez

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationOhio

Why has no one pointed out that in chapter 20 his MP is not affected by his raised int?

Am I crazy? @_@

though it's obvious now that not changing titles was on purpose: he can fight ghosts now~♪

the MP thing annoyed me though, I quit theory crafting this series for like a month after that. I mean what's the point if the freaking character window isn't going to work correctly? if he fixes it next character window I might start number crunching again... it used to be so much fun D:

jack4s

jack4s

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

i think mana arrow has simple upper limit and that is it's max damage (you can level up novice skill's to it's limit but they will never be stronger than higher rank skill's). quite few rpg's require upgrade of skills  or replacement of old skill for new. (even if you spam 10 arrows per sec, it can translate to only 10 hp per sec against strong enemy)
i'm guessing we will see mana ball/bolt -> mana arrow -> mana lance/spear -> mana cannon -> mana beam -> and so on.

and extra upgrade in elemental version of these spells like fire arrow/lance...

whomightub3

whomightub3

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 52 posts

Meh, I think the general conclusion we have all come to is that the author is coping the old stat windows from a file, and could care less about the consistency of minor side character back stories. Do you think his physical endurance skill includes resistance to elemental damage?

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts
Actually this author has been rather infamous for inconsistent stat with his generic game fantasy for a while before he come to Webtoon.

And since Naver Webtoons are mostly left alone (no typo fix) by the company, I am not suprised that it has not changed.

Edited by Random-Webtoon-Fan, 01 May 2014 - 04:41 AM.

PsychoMantis

PsychoMantis

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 89 posts

There is a crap-ton of inconsistencies/plotholes.

2.  When his healing skill was introduced, the only thing that the soul stone did was give extra mana when healing (the healing automatically cured status effects).  Now, it allows the user to cure status effects (although admittedly, that may have been what the author originally intended to do; the artist might have just mis-drawn it).

This isn't inconsistency.
In one chapter you can find information about his healing : you can heal stronger status effects by leveling up your healing or by stronger soul stones.
Eg. : healing level 3 + small soul stone can fully dispel status effect of level 4.

It's pretty common in RPG: level of skill + dmg/heal value of item = dmg/heal..... (Eg. Sword skill 1 + "weak sword" = really small dmg)

long story short: using skill with an item will usually produce better results than using it without an item.

1.  In the first chapter, his dad was in Korea, except for he was just eating out.  The author either retconned it or completely forgot about it and now, the dad that was eating out just a day ago is on a business trip to the U.S.

why it has to be inconsistency?? Yesterday your mom could have been in city A, right now she can be eating out in restaurant next to your home and tommorow she can fly to USA and we won't know 'cause you don't have to tell us at all.
(long story short: don't bother readers with a lot of useless informations, 'cause story won't progress at all)

Plus, the Legion Zombie could have higher armor or one of its higher stats increases its defense.
So what is worth of 800 minimum damage against your every day zombie might be a maximum of 400 against the boss.

exactly
There must be many hidden stats atm, 'cause MC's Observe skill isn't at maximum level at all.

Edited by PsychoMantis, 01 May 2014 - 06:26 PM.

tumblr_mblt9pXJ6M1rodorko1_r1_500.png

Seira J. Loyard

"If the character changes eye colour... He or she is OP as fuck." Evilnemesis

lainzar

lainzar

Potato Spud

• tC Donator
  • 37 posts

His mothers information suddenly being visible could be due to a skill on her part, however we've seen a couple of other "inconsistencies" like his strength dropping and Jee-Han not taking note of it. While this could be author error I am hoping the authors opening quote in chapter 23 regarding the differences between intelligence and wisdom and the importance of wisdom is a bit of foreshadowing. Hypothetically after chapter 23 the inconsistencies that crop up may be his ability affecting his "world" in a negative way, effectively changing his perception of the world like a lens, and we the readers who to some degree view the world through his eyes are also affected. Other posts has said it but 6 wisdom is low enough to be a handicapped stat and that's in games where 18 is the maximum for a stat. Given he has no apparent stat limit and his normal class rep had 54 int, 6 seems low enough that his gamer ability might force some detrimental effects on him. 

Panthertwat

Panthertwat

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 68 posts

I noticed that in chapter one he says 'he even leveled up' and put all his points into strength.

But then in class later on he attempted to call up the status window as though it were the first time using a voice command, using that to pull up inventory and the like.

So if he had never opened the status window before how was he using it to up his strength in chapter one..? :)

You guys spotted any other issues?

Lets leave damage out of this for now though, since the writer is 'hand-waving' that a bit.

This does bring up another Issue.

When he first lvled up to 4, and he put 5 points into Strength...

what happened to his other 10 unused stat points for when he lvl up to 2 and 3? Shouldn't they have been unused since he never opened the status window before.

JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 315 posts

This does bring up another Issue.

When he first lvled up to 4, and he put 5 points into Strength...

what happened to his other 10 unused stat points for when he lvl up to 2 and 3? Shouldn't they have been unused since he never opened the status window before.

He started on level 3. Everyone has a level, remember, and yet only Jee-Han can spend points on his stats by levelling. Other people grow and get stronger in different ways, even though the Gamer ability translates it into information that Jee-Han can understand.

Delacarda

Delacarda

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts

I mean WTF happened recently with stats (like INT to be 131; his title to be "Zombie Slayer") !?

1) For INT to be 131, I have no explanation !?

Just to get to lvl28 Han Jee-Han must have had 65 free points, but if he used all on INT 123(58 +65)+2+12.3(10%)=137.3 in totall according to how it was presented in chapter 47.

The only explanation would be that Han Jee-Han needs to do another action like confirm that he added 65 points to his INT to have 137.3, but untill he confirmes it, bonuses do not go in effect. So it was 58+2+5,8(10%)=65,8, now untill his system confirms it, it is only in the air: 65,8+65=130,8131 INT, right ?

EDIT: Here becouse of "Chunbu Breathing Technique" now being at lvl4, INT goes up also by 16%. So at the end his INT should be: 123(58 +65)+2+19.68(16%)=144.68 !!

2) As for his title to be "Zombie Slayer" from "Apprentice Undead Hunter" I'm really not sure. Must it be equiped by Han Jee-Han directly, or was there authors mistake, or does this not work like that at all !?

I have no idea what is going on here anymore, help me with explainations please... :batoto_012: 

Edited by Delacarda, 04 August 2014 - 03:03 PM.

Calmandweak

Calmandweak

Potato

• Members
  • 152 posts

well  :batoto_025:  :batoto_032:  :batoto_021:  :batoto_002: . hoped this explanation about trying to make sense of the maths helped you

:batoto_001:  :excl:  :excl:  :excl:  :batoto_018:  Ooooooh cute cuddly animals ^^.....let's cook them   :)

"When faced with the unknown do not despair, always smash it and consider what you've done when you Sober up" First Verset of the Lonely Old Ranting Drunk, aka Lord