Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[OOC] Batotia City [Part 2]

ooc role play batotia city present for fun whatever

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts
  • Locationwathcing you from some place far away
i existed eons ago as well. chances are we've met more than once before...
you can be the cute loli who interestingly grew up without me really noticing. that would get close enough to "niece"
あっ ちょっと死んじまった

Maia

Maia

The Resident Neko

• RP Section Mod
  • 2,441 posts
  • LocationLost in the Echo

Haha, alright, we can do that. I don't mind in the least. >^.^<

cei7ea6l_zpsde6a65e1.png

Need staff help? You can go to Staff Support.
Need site help? You can go to Batoto Support.
You can use the Report button if you find anything that is in violation of the Site Rules.
If all else fails you can feel free to send me a PM.

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts
*drizzles some soot from fuzziness feeling*
that's nice. fits well with me getting an odd letter.
あっ ちょっと死んじまった

Sir Flash™

Sir Flash™

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,365 posts
  • LocationGaming & Streaming
Spoiler

Edited by Maia, 26 February 2014 - 07:21 AM.

Musician King's SoundCloud: 

p4dJLo8.gif

SON, NIC, SHAKES!!

Spoiler

Sir Flash™

Sir Flash™

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,365 posts

took me almost 90 minutes

p4dJLo8.gif

SON, NIC, SHAKES!!

Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

This looks like a totally different character altogether then the one that one in the original BC. Not that I mind with the gravity nonsense but you completely changed his looks and made him older. Might also want to change the 'With that, it would take an X amount of post with no time jumps, unless Taka or Maia want to fast forward the time'

Considering time jumps and such is completely up to me, maia and inumori. :P

I'll hold off on commenting until Maia and/or Inumori review it.

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts

i tried to point it out to him, but... he apparently didn't take my point.

あっ ちょっと死んじまった

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Not to mention there should be one 'specialty' not two.

Oy

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • LocationSint Maarten, Kingdom of the Netherlands

I'm not adding you to mine and Inumori's PM. That one is a personal one between he and I.

Spicy Spicy! Your Love will set the forums on fire~!

“It's all about Power."
"Grabbing it. Keeping it. Using It."
"Power is our currency, our DNA... Our God.”
"We control the World."
"We provide the blueprint. And we give the Instructions."

Sir Flash™

Sir Flash™

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,365 posts

i tried to point it out to him, but... he apparently didn't take my point.

If I recall you said that in IRC, but when you did you confused me because you never specified what you were talking about. I thought you said that because I asked you to read it. So indecisive *pokes taka*.

This looks like a totally different character altogether then the one that one in the original BC. Not that I mind with the gravity nonsense but you completely changed his looks and made him older. Might also want to change the 'With that, it would take an X amount of post with no time jumps, unless Taka or Maia want to fast forward the time'

Considering time jumps and such is completely up to me, maia and inumori. :P

I'll hold off on commenting until Maia and/or Inumori review it.

Fell asleep while finishing it, had to make him older, originally i was supposed to but did not. Talk to Maia about the age part.

Also was working on it with Maia, but she fell asleep as well >_>.

As to the power change, originally it was a good idea, but I was new to RP (structured anyway). It was a good idea but a lot went wrong with it. So I wanted to scrap the idea all together, but i could take 6 things from the powers i have now and make them gravity if you want. Since the atoms are technically an reimbursed idea of gravity.

Edited by CM Flash™, 25 February 2014 - 08:38 PM.

p4dJLo8.gif

SON, NIC, SHAKES!!

Spoiler

Maia

Maia

The Resident Neko

• RP Section Mod
  • 2,441 posts
  • LocationLost in the Echo

No gravity

cei7ea6l_zpsde6a65e1.png

Need staff help? You can go to Staff Support.
Need site help? You can go to Batoto Support.
You can use the Report button if you find anything that is in violation of the Site Rules.
If all else fails you can feel free to send me a PM.

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

No gravity

I second that, won't have any of it.

Also flash,

'Temperature - If it is over 600 Fahrenheit or bellow -150 Fahrenheit (Ice powers would be very effective vs him), his body will become over heated or frigid limiting his movement.

Gerbils - He has been allergic too them since childhood, still is.
His heart is his biggest weakness. Now separated from his body after his first encounter with The Organization. Only Maia knows where it is located since she has been in his mind.'

Having those for weaknesses wont fly either. While we did say it could be comical or not, thats just getting around the issue.
To quote Inumori, "It's not a proper weakness if you can circumvent it yourself or with relative ease." Which your weaknesses do so blatantly.

Also, none of your moves have serious drawbacks just that they can only be used a certain amount of times per day.
Look at Maia's character, using her powers (strong as they are) has some serious drawbacks, like internal hemmoraging and such. Not that it has to be that severe but they must take a toll.

But all in all, no gravity.
We won't be going through that again.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Inumori

Inumori

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Location....good question.....

Having those for weaknesses wont fly either. While we did say it could be comical or not, thats just getting around the issue.

To quote Inumori, "It's not a proper weakness if you can circumvent it yourself or with relative ease." Which your weaknesses do so blatantly.

That goes for everyone. If you can fix it yourself, avoid it entirely, or someone else can fix it for you with little to no difficulty then it's not a weakness. That's called an inconvenience. I want everyone to understand that as they create their characters.

Also understand that no matter what you put as a weakness, GM discretion is used to dole out the severity. This is why you need to be careful with comical weaknesses like "allergic to gerbils" (not picking on you Flash. You're just the only example right now and I want to get this out of the way) then you need to understand that to counterbalance a deity-class power that allergy can be fatal.

For a more general example, let's say you have some god-like power - in this example it'll be weather control - and need to decide a weakness. For fun, you opt to balance your command over the primal forces with a crippling fear of clowns. Silly right? Careful though. Assuming that CS gets accepted you must now understand that to balance things, your life is now ruled by an overwhelming terror of clowns and the sight of one could put you into shock or send you into a psychotic break. Silly can be fun to play, but recall what makes it a weakness. Balance will happen. Be advised.

As a last note if your weakness is resultant of a character flaw or personality quirk that can theoretically be resolved (such as the fear of clowns in the above scenario) then it is possible to remove it so as not to stifle character development. However: You will get a new weakness to make up for it. You can come up with your own for re-approval or ask for one.

The Dog's Woods

Spoiler

An Adventure by Mischief

Sir Flash™

Sir Flash™

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,365 posts

I second that, won't have any of it.

But all in all, no gravity.
We won't be going through that again.

Thus why i got rid of it, the weaknesses on the other hand, i didn't touch them yet since i just converted them over. Still changing them since i don

't want him to be the same as another RP.

p4dJLo8.gif

SON, NIC, SHAKES!!

Spoiler

Inumori

Inumori

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Location....good question.....

Also, none of your moves have serious drawbacks just that they can only be used a certain amount of times per day.

Look at Maia's character, using her powers (strong as they are) has some serious drawbacks, like internal hemmoraging and such. Not that it has to be that severe but they must take a toll.

Limiting number of uses is a valid way to help balance though. The rest of his balancing is supposed to come from a combination of his basic weaknesses and our roles as GM to apply severity.

Maia's character and my own should not be used as examples regarding strengths and weaknesses. Both would have to be dramatically altered were they still regular characters (as opposed to story NPCs run by the GMs). The rules were eventually established because of how out of control things were getting. At the very least my character's power are ludicrously vast and his special ability was made solely for the purpose of reigning other people in pre-rules. Maia's powers are fewer but stronger and as a result of story events we even share a few of them. While they're sticking around for their new roles as NPCs and possible boss mobs they are far from acceptable for proper characters and should not be used for examples.

That said, even in the old Batotia we were still able to be defeated. To anyone reading this who might be frightened off by the fear of OP GM characters, I ask that you trust us to police ourselves. If at any point things feel unfair, discuss it with us. We are not unreasonable people :)

Edited by Inumori, 26 February 2014 - 12:39 AM.

The Dog's Woods

Spoiler

An Adventure by Mischief

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Limiting number of uses is a valid way to help balance though. The rest of his balancing is supposed to come from a combination of his basic weaknesses and our roles as GM to apply severity.

Maia's character and my own should not be used as examples regarding strengths and weaknesses. Both would have to be dramatically altered were they still regular characters (as opposed to story NPCs run by the GMs). The rules were eventually established because of how out of control things were getting. At the very least my character's power are ludicrously vast and his special ability was made solely for the purpose of reigning other people in pre-rules. Maia's powers are fewer but stronger and as a result of story events we even share a few of them. While they're sticking around for their new roles as NPCs and possible boss mobs they are far from acceptable for proper characters and should not be used for examples.

That said, even in the old Batotia we were still able to be defeated. To anyone reading this who might be frightened off by the fear of OP GM characters, I ask that you trust us to police ourselves. If at any point things feel unfair, discuss it with us. We are not unreasonable people :)

I know that, I just meant that having things explained better wouldn't hurt as well seeing as people tend to misunderstand quite a bit.

Eh, I'm just a sucker for detail.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • LocationSint Maarten, Kingdom of the Netherlands

I'm just a sucker for detail.

Spoiler

“It's all about Power."
"Grabbing it. Keeping it. Using It."
"Power is our currency, our DNA... Our God.”
"We control the World."
"We provide the blueprint. And we give the Instructions."

Sir Flash™

Sir Flash™

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,365 posts

I know that, I just meant that having things explained better wouldn't hurt as well seeing as people tend to misunderstand quite a bit.

Eh, I'm just a sucker for detail.

I'm not the best when it comes to English, just so you know. I hate the subject as well. My speaking skills/ speech/debating skills are great. Typing and writing them out, not so much. A's in my speech/debate classes, C's/D's in my literature classes :(.

Also updated weaknesses & changed the powers so now their will be not only drawbacks to me but to those around me.

Edited by CM Flash™, 26 February 2014 - 02:58 AM.

p4dJLo8.gif

SON, NIC, SHAKES!!

Spoiler

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts

If I recall you said that in IRC, but when you did you confused me because you never specified what you were talking about. I thought you said that because I asked you to read it. So indecisive *pokes taka*.

sorry about that, will spell it out for you next time.

あっ ちょっと死んじまった

Miki

Miki

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 570 posts
  • LocationIn the trash....

can I join?

lately I have been very busy but I have free time now :3

tumblr_mj1tf4Zx0V1s6wcafo1_500.gif                             tumblr_nda9f1laEv1s74qeso2_250.png

Spoiler