Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[Potato Hell] Updated & Clarified Rules

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts

There as been a lot of controversy about Potato Hell's intended purpose, what should be allowed and what shouldn't be allowed. The original rules were intentionally quite vague to leave room for more lenience. However the current state of Potato Hell is very different from it what was originally envisioned to be. Therefore we have put our intentions into more words and thus created a list of updated rules. 

You can find an review them here. The rules are to ensure as well as to encourage a good amount of flexibility while eliminating abusive behavior. If you compared them to our old rules, you'll notice they are actually quite similar. We specified and expanded the definitions of what those rules are to better enforce them.

These rules will be effective starting tomorrow (see time posted). Prior content, acceptable under the old rules, will not be subject to punishment but might be deleted without notice.

S.C.

S.C.

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,258 posts
  • LocationThe Epicenter of Indifference

And there goes a part of the forum I never even visit.

Still, #5 sounds a bit...

Posted Image

Sir Flash™

Sir Flash™

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,365 posts
  • LocationGaming & Streaming

And there goes a part of the forum I never even visit.

I'm surprised you haven't, but it really isn't a big deal if you don't ^_^.

Musician King's SoundCloud: 

p4dJLo8.gif

SON, NIC, SHAKES!!

Spoiler

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts

Reworded rule 5.

Viscoun

Viscoun

Couch Potato

• VisTrans
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Reworded rule 5.

that rewording basically means nothing has changed from the old rules and everyone will need their common sense anyway.

except for the reporting thing, that's a new iron hand in the velvet glove.

Trebor

Trebor

Voice to the Voiceless

• Administrators
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationUSA

that rewording basically means nothing has changed from the old rules and everyone will need their common sense anyway.

except for the reporting thing, that's a new iron hand in the velvet glove.

I think the biggest change to these is #1 and 2. Previously, people posted random spammy things into the threads. Our goal is to try to make the forum a place where threads are manageable and not filled with random pictures or whatever.

Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri

gregory31

gregory31

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

love rule no.2

Helz

Helz

Potato

• Members
  • 196 posts

love rule no.2

Indeed.. lack of rule 2 caused quite a bit of grief since almost every single topic tended to sidetrack way too easily when someone posts a random, often absolutely unnesessesary, comment.

lonewolf

lonewolf

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts

actually I would add one more rule... NO spoilers in comments section ONLY in threads meant for it... but I guess that would be too much?

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

actually I would add one more rule... NO spoilers in comments section ONLY in threads meant for it... but I guess that would be too much?

There's no comments section in potato hell.

And you can report any spoilers either by using "report" button next to the post or by using comment removal thread.

Edited by OMGWTFBBQPONIES, 07 February 2014 - 09:37 PM.

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Whoever decided to delete this was an idiot.

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts

I don't know if it's too much but it's clearly in the wrong topic.

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

Viscoun

Viscoun

Couch Potato

• VisTrans
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Indeed.. lack of rule 2 caused quite a bit of grief since almost every single topic tended to sidetrack way too easily when someone posts a random, often absolutely unnesessesary, comment.

derailing in general discussion isn't uncommon though, and much less in potato hell too. essentially, potato hell has become a well-guarded landfill.

i know the comments sections can get a little hellish but this is still the wrong place to discuss that...

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Couch Potato

• Donator
  • 2,447 posts
  • LocationMelancholy Hill~

Commenting, may need a bit better explanation, since most of people don't understand what is a conversation, and what is a comment.

Also whatever one sends should contribute the topic one way or another. Even in this thread, we may see some speaking of nonsense.

On the side fact, being inappropriate is quite common these days.

Tbh I believe this thread has accomplished its purpose tho.

Steam   Playlist   Tumblr   Watchlist   M.A.List

Spoiler

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts
  • Locationwathcing you from some place far away

i'd like to ask for spoiler tags being required when posting large images and gifs.

a few small ones isn't a problem, but i often cannot read the random thread with my horrible internet connection.

i also have problems with picture threads where people don't use spoiler tags.

even if every post only contains one gif, that's a lot when all the posts on a page contain those.

あっ ちょっと死んじまった

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts

Spoilers don't prevent loading, it will still load with the page even when in spoiler.

And we already use spoilers for large images to avoid taking too much place on the page.

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts

Spoilers don't prevent loading, it will still load with the page even when in spoiler.

And we already use spoilers for large images to avoid taking too much place on the page.

point would be that i can still read the text, if there is any, while images and gifs load.

if i'm always interrupted by a new one loading, i'll just give up on the thread.

あっ ちょっと死んじまった

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts

I don't really get what you mean... How does a gif loading "interrupt" your reading in any way ?

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts

I don't really get what you mean... How does a gif loading "interrupt" your reading in any way ?

it suddenly pops out of nowhere and pushes everything down. i was even complaining about images.

my internet is way too slow for no spoilers.

あっ ちょっと死んじまった

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts

Oh I get it, it takes time to even appear on the screen so it moves stuff, ok.

Well, I don't know, I'm not really for a "all in spoilers" policy, but I'm not the one deciding.

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts

i'm not thinking of all in spoilers, but if there are already lots of images and stuff on that page, it really should not be necessary to put even more.

i have nothing against small images, because they don't interrupt my reading that much.

あっ ちょっと死んじまった