Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Sanctuary [RP]

rp role playing Sanctuary rpg role play

• Please log in to reply
420 replies to this topic

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

| Phillipsburg, The Old Victorian

| Benedikt Rasmussen

You know those events in real life and in many mainstream mangas when a protagonist confesses something aloud in a bustling place and suddenly there is pin drop silence. Well, that pretty much fits aptly to what happened to Ras. No sooner had he barely managed to calm the fire that was Ally and had finally got his landlord back in high spirits did Maddie accidently threw a spanner in the works, well unintentionally ofcourse. She public admitted to being Ras's fiancé and where there was too much idle chatter which had been addressed really expertly by Ally's declaration, Maddie slipped in the bomb.

Ras could feel atleast a dozen eyes on him in the big room but it was the one he hoped to avoid that made him a bit uneasy. Ally was glaring maliciously at Ras and Maddie who in all her ignorant grace had settled besides Ras with another trinket of his lost past. Vodka on the rocks, once his favorite. He hadn't touched the drink since he had buried Natalya in St.Petersburg, rather he had taken a liking to another liquid poison in its stead. One not having the same burn but having the same kick. Whiskey!

He absently nodded at Maddie with a straight face as he carefully managed to meet Ally's gaze, he couldn't quite place the emotion but it seemed potentially hostile. "You see.." he started abruptly, raising his hands to explain and calm Ally

"When?" came a chilling, scathing reply. The Hazy grey eyes of Ally had a icy rage to them that was a bit tough to fathom, Ras could feel the temperature of the place go a few degrees down.

It stuck to him then that all those years, she may have had feelings for him, he could mentally trace instances now. So he looked pleadingly at Maddie for help, may be she can to a heart to heart talk with Ally to calm her again.

Maddie herself had turned serious now, how will it all play out? it was already dizzying Ras out. Bad time for his social awkwardness to strike again. He had closely guarded his past from scrutiny all these years and in an instant of temporary relief it had all been exposed. He could feel a smile creep on Rick's face and the growing interest of few more that had known him for a decade.

Ma'di, my love. You are the alien! So why do I feel like the one out of place. Ras thought to himself as he shakily grasped the vodka and gulped it down in one swig. Maybe some liquid courage may sort out things, by the looks of it he will be needing atleast a gallon of it to get some headway.

Edited by Diabolical Rhapsody, 01 July 2014 - 06:16 PM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Blue Flaming Wings

Blue Flaming Wings

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Meg floored it as the tan truck zoomed down the street, weaving its way pass wreaked cars that spat fire up into the air. On either side of the street buildings smouldered and quaked as pieces of rubble fell with thumps to the ground. Scott clutched at the armrests of the passenger seat, fingers paling to a grizzly white as he did. Normally, with that speed, he’d be snapping at Meg to slow down. Now, however, he had his neck craned behind him, watching the sight of the Milton Peters’ High School recede into the distance.

But even at this distance he could see it, the shattered windows, the giant hole in the southeast side of the High School where mayor’s stockpile of propane tanks had gone up in smoke, but most of all Scott could see the figures of fire as they stormed through the hallways of the school, waving their arms in the air like partiers at a rave.  He saw a few of them tip out of broken windows, falling to the ground and lighting up other mutants. He saw the walls of the school be consumed by flames.

Nothing would be left.

“Scott – don’t look at it.”

That snapped him out of his trance. Scott glanced over to Meg who had never let her eyes tear away from the road.

“What the hell was that?” He asked.

“I don’t know, but if you look at it any longer you’ll give yourself more nightmares.”

A dry laugh broke pass his lips, “I’ve must’ve set a new record for wrecking cities.”

That did tear her eyes from the road, “What?”

But Scott just shrugged, “Come on, in Orange with that … Event, in Phoenix with the copycat killer, and now in Sanctuary with this mess. My life just won’t quiet down.”

After a pause, Meg refocused on the road, “But none of that was your fault.”

“I know.”

“Seriously Scott! This isn’t your fault!”

“I know.”

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

They lived at 943 Grivet Drive, on the corner of Grivet and Alamo. Not a sound could be heard as the truck pulled up. A silence that belied the horrors the two just witnessed, as if the flicker of flames and the half-eaten bodies risen anew had all been another one of Scott’s nightmares or one of Meg’s zombie flics.

That notion shattered as soon as they opened the door.

The potted plants by the door lay busted open, their soiled guts spilled across the tiled hallway. The drapes by the windows looked chewed on and claw-scratches carved through the wooden posts on the stairway. A soft moaning could be heard from the kitchen.

“Mom!” Meg yelled before rushing down the hallway.

“Wait!” Scott said, before following after her a moment later.

They found Meredith crumpled up by the kitchen table.

Scott just knew.

Meg rushed towards her.

“Wait! Don’t go near her!”

Meredith Edison stumbled to her feet and Meg smiled, her face flooded with its light.

“Mom!”

Then Meredith’s split open in three, each piece lined with jagged fangs, as it roared at them its tri-parte tongue wavered.

Meg’s legs give in. She collapses to the ground and then slide back a few feet as the thing rises to its feet. “Mom?” She murmurs, her voice soft in the silence. “Mom?” She asked again, tears streaming freely down her face now.

It screams and lunges at Meg.

Only to be caught on the side by Scott’s tackle.

They crashed into the table, splintering it in two and throwing its contents into the air.

I should have done football.

The corpse threw itself at him, shoving Scott off to roll with a thud against the ground.

Or maybe not.

He got to a crouch, but it hovered right above him. The three parts that used to be Aunt Meredith’s face open and hungry. Too close. But before Scott could even twitch into a dive, Meg’s foot careened into the side of its head, throwing the monster to the side. A moment later, she spun, twisting her torso, and threw a spin kick to its skull throwing it across the room.

She held her bat in both hands. She walked with steady steps to what-was-once-her-mother. She took small breaths, in through her nose and out through her mouth. In Master Oland’s Taekwondo Academy that had calmed her down, now though she only saw the figure of her mother on the ground. She lifted the bat over her head.

Her mother looked up at her, her eyes still worked somehow.

“I can’t do it.” Meg said as she lowered the bat with quivering hands.

It lunged at her.

The steak knife stabbed down into its skull, blood splattered up and coated Scott’s hand.

Meg stood above him, the bat no longer wavering in her grip, her tear-streamed face staring and staring at him with wide eyes. Scott knelt over her mother’s body, knife embedded in her skull. He couldn’t … he just couldn’t meet her eyes. He yanked the knife out of the thing’s … no … out of Aunt Meredith’s skull, then walked out of the kitchen and towards the stairs.

Meg’s crying followed him as he climbed up to the second floor.

When he reached his room and closed the door, he fell back against it.

The knife in his fist dripped blood on the carpet.

After a breath to compose himself, Scott’s first order of business was with the knife. He went into the bathroom and wiped it down with a towel before grabbing his toiletry kit as he left. When Scott returned to his room he upended the contents of his backpack on the bed, and then stuffed the steak knife in a pocket – utterly out of sight.

He moved about in a hurry after that. He repacked his lunch from this morning and then stuffed the toiletry kit from the bathroom on the bottom. He went into the closet and pulled out a spare set of clothes, before pausing. He eyed the bottom drawer of a dresser that lined the back of his closet. He nodded to himself and then yanked the shelf open. He reached inside and pulled out a single binder – far thinner than he would have hoped after three years of searching. That, too, he stuffed into his backpack.

With that all done, he slung the backpack over his shoulder and opened the top drawer of the dresser in his closet.

There his Flattop, a .357 Magnum, rested on top a cushioned pad, ammo right beside it.

Scott pulled it out, loaded it, clicked off the safety and held it pointed to the ground in both hands and moved to head back downstairs. 

He moved, then stopped.

For there, outside his window which looked out over the rest of the neighbor was a view that stopped him in his tracks.

And then got him moving again – got him flying down the stairs.

"Meg!" He shouted as he round the corner.

She still sat, kneeling over the downed form of her mother. Only she had covered her up with the table-cloth in the meantime.

"Not now, Scott.”

“We need to fuckin’ go!”

“Just give me a minute!”

"Damn it, Meg.” He grabbed her shoulder, jerked her up to her feet and marched her over to the window by the door. “Look!”

She looked.

A giant wolf’s head towered over the rooftops of houses some blocks away. From where they stood the duo could make out several tentacle-like-tongues that devoured everything in its path – leaving a swath of destruction through the suburbs.

For a moment, the two stared at it. Then they moved.

Meg rushed back into the kitchen and slung her bat bag over her shoulder, while Scott threw the front door open. Meg made to head towards the door as well, but stopped, staring at her mom’s covered form. “Wait! We still need to bury her!”

“No time!” Scott said, as he grabbed her wrist and pulled the two of them out the door.

The truck started up with a whirl of its engine. Scott already knew their mistake the moment they pulled out of the driveway and onto Grivet Drive. “Too loud!” He said, “That’s going to draw

‘em to us.”

Sure enough, the monsters started to pour out of the houses one by one, drawn by the noise of the truck speeding down the road in the dead silence. More and more appeared, crawling, shambling or charging after them. Too many. “We need to get out of the suburbs.”

Meg nodded. “The shopping district. Dad.”

Once out of the suburbs, only the fastest of the mutated corpses could follow them. Though more of the monsters joined and picked up speed, feet thumping against the ground in their haste. No matter how hard Meg floored it, still more poured in after them.

Scott spotted it out of the corner of his eye. They had reached the Shopping District, and a few blocks away a single narrow street nestled between two lines of buildings, mostly stores, stood out to him. In the middle of one row the sign ‘The Old Victorian’ stood out. Beneath it, through the barred stained-glass windows, he could make out the forms of nearly a dozen humans in the bar.

“There are people in there, Meg!”

“We kinda need to deal with this first!”

And like that, the truck went on, the mutants charging after it.

A few blocks away, after weaving through flaming car wrecks and fallen debris, they made it out to the other side with the fiends all clumped together on the other side of the wall. Scott let out a sigh of relief, “I think we – ”

Then the truck lurched.

There, on the bed of the truck, one of those things climbed on, holding onto the edge of the truck for support. “Scott?” He heard Meg say, a tinge of panic in her voice. “Do something!” He reached for the back window, sliding it open, “Scott?” He got his revolver through just as the thing steadied itself, screaming at them with spittle flying from its open mouth.

“Scott!”

Bang.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

"Scott."

Meg’s soft voice, softer than in the dream at least, stirred Scott from sleep. They had parked the truck at the very end of the one way street where they had spotted the Old Victorian earlier. Scott sat up in the passenger seat, staring down at his hand. In the corner sat a bloody rag, left there after Scott had wiped his hands of the fiend’s blood after the shot. If it got any closer it would have bitten off my fingers.

“How long have I’ve been out?” He asked.

“Long enough,” Meg said, “You were tossing and turning in your sleep.”

Scott smiled a hollow smile, “You were right. New nightmares.”

Meg didn't respond to that, instead she turned her gaze to the bar. “You sure we want to meet up with these people? From what I can tell, they have a whole lot of guns.”

“Yeah. They have a whole lot of guns. It’s safer in a group. Who knows, if we get lucky some might join us to find Uncle Ron.”

“Alright,” Meg said, as she opened up the door. “Let’s go.”

Scott jumped out too, “We’re just going to walk there?”

Meg nodded. “I don’t want to start up the engine again. Makes noise and wastes fuel. Besides, I’m pretty sure I lured those things on a chase away from here. It should be safe enough.”

Indeed, the street did seem safe ... which only caused the hair on the back of Scott's neck to raise as he glanced around. With creeping steps, Scott scanned through the deserted street. He turned his gaze to Meg. "I know we might have drawn most of them away with the truck, but this is just ... eerie." Meg nodded as well, tightening her grip on the metal handle of her Easton. Scott spotted her then. 

He grabbed ahold of Meg's jacket and tugged her over behind a alabaster ledge that stood over a flight of stairs that went into the building below. After a quick glance to make sure nothing hid behind them, Scott returned his gaze to the street above. There on the other end of the street he saw a little girl with a tattered teddie in her grasp. Though it faint, her screams and cries for 'Mommie' could be heard over the dead silence. 

Meg whispered, "Why are we hiding? We should go out and help her."

"In case you didn't realize, things aren't exactly what they seem anymore. We'll watch what that new group does before acting." 

Edited by WriterFourHire, 02 July 2014 - 05:02 AM.

Because I've gotten tired of people trying to hire me to write ...

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • LocationSint Maarten, Kingdom of the Netherlands

Chapter Two, Part II

No Safe Harbour

"You assumed no force could challenge you. And now, FINALLY, we have returned." - Darth Malgus

tumblr_n7vwnqTw6q1s5gvcvo1_400.jpg

| PHILIPSBURG, The Old Victorian
| Monday, 12:07 PM

"Oiy, you two!" Mary-Anne screeched through the kitchen's pass-through window at Earl and Brenda, as the latter readjusted her clothes. "Hurry it up back there! People don't need their food tasting like sweat and regret... And while you're back there, get another risotto started for one of the teachers out here!"

Earl just waved lazily over his shoulder at the older woman in reply, after she slammed the pass-through shut. He was too busy enjoying the sight of Brenda's flustered and voluptuous form to care about much else at that moment. Once Brenda was as close to decent as she was going to get, she gave Earl a quick kiss on the lips before rushing outside, through the kitchen door and behind the bar to chastise her mother for broadcasting her personal business.

Still naked, that was when Earl decided to take a moment just to luxuriate in the afterglow of some quality sex by lighting himself a fresh cigar. After several deep drags, Earl went back to work. He just needed to finish preparing some of the other dishes already cooking on the second stove, located near the back of the kitchen.

Earl was too old, and far to grown to feel embarrassed by such little things as Brenda's mother making a fuss about grown folks doing grown folk things. That's why, when Mary-Anne stuck her face through the small window, he left his backside right where it sat for her to scream at. In fact, had he been but a few years younger, he might have given his ass a healthy slap just to irk the older woman even more. Just thinking about it brought a smile to his face as he stirred the pots near the back of the kitchen in his birthday suit.

A few minutes later and he was just about ready to plate the last of the dishes, then get started on the risotto that Mary-Anne had placed an order for a few minutes ago. But before he could do that, the kitchen door suddenly swung wide open and a skinny kid with glasses stepped into Earl's domain. Puffing quietly on his cigar, Earl waited patiently for the younger man to at least acknowledge the fact that he wasn't the only one in the room. But the small boy, an adult by someone else's standards, seemed content to ignore the large man near the back of the room. It wasn't long before Rick started reaching for a pot and some ingredients.

'The kid has balls', Earl was man enough to admit that much. 'Big hairy balls that you need to take steroids for, to keep them from getting too big.'

Plating the various dishes, Earl brought them to the front of the kitchen before tapping on the pass-through. Seconds later, Mary-Anne yanked the divider across and took the plates without most of the fuss she had conjured before. Still, the young man said nothing. Earl figured then that he must be in denial, pretending to himself that he isn't really seeing the nearly six-and-a-half feet tall, heavily muscled, black man standing naked next to him. Maybe if Earl was standing behind him? Maybe then Rick might take notice of whose kitchen he was in. So Earl sliding sideways behind Rick, Earl rested his large head on Rick's left shoulder as he took a deep whiff of the risotto Rick was so lovingly preparing for Nurse K.

"Mmm~!" Earl's voiced whispered deep into Rick's ear, sending a shiver down the the smaller man's back. "Smells nice. You making that for me, Suga? 'Cause, I gotta tell you, I love me some white rice -- if you know what I'm saying." Earl had a feeling Rick did. And if he didn't, then that something-something poking Rick in his lower back would leave nothing to the imagination.

"Then again, there ain't nothing wrong with a little Uncle Ben's. Hmm? You ever try some of that brown rice, hmm? Maybe taste some of those long grain rice? I tell ya, once you feel those long grains hitting the back of your throat, you'll wonder how you ever lived without them..." Just then Rick wisely decided to head back into the bar and continue serving some drinks.

"Where you going, Honey? I was just about to share with you a recipe they taught me back in The Pen. Mmm Hmm~! Little tight-ass... Go on then, I'll be right here, waiting for when you get back."

Twenty minutes later and Earl had all but forgotten about the little pencil-neck kid that had just walked all up and through his work place, as if it was Joe's bar or something. Turning around again when he heard the kitchen door opening, Earl half-expected to see that Brenda was back again for some seconds and thirds... Earl instead was met by the visage of the little you-know-who.

'Looks like somebody else wanted that second helping,' By this point, Earl was dressed again in his staff uniform -- a pair of faded jeans, two black wrist sweatbands, a t-shirt, and a white apron. Sidling up to the shorter man again, Earl put his enormous hands on Rick's frail-looking shoulders and began to massage them nice and deep as he spoke.

"Risotto's looking good! Nice work, I'll let you plate that and then give it to whoever's waiting for you outside -- make sure they ask Brenda for one of her famous cookies, too! After that, if I ever catch you back in here again, in my kitchen, without my permission... I'm gonna find out if you still have your tonsils, the prison yard way. You get me?" Earl asked, digging his finger's into Rick's shoulders. "Good man! Now run along, kid." Earl finished by slapping Rick hard on the backside. "Just because the world has seemingly ended, that don't mean I'm gonna let another man come in here and cook in my kitchen -- a second time." As Rick scurried off for the second, and hopefully the final time, Earl reached down and grabbed the anaconda that was coiling around in his jeans with anticipation.

| Monday, 12:29 PM

Still standing near the bar, unable to steal Rick's attention away from Nurse K. long enough to get a drink, Carlos had a similar reaction to Earl's when Maddie worked her way up to the other side of the bar and basically slumped down into a recently vacated seat. Unsurprisingly, Rick practically fell over himself trying to tend to the woman. Biting down on the inside of his cheeks, Carlos had to resist the urge to grab a bottle and chuck it at the side of Rick's head. Him and Anthony were acting like women were some sort of precious commodity that needed to be put high up on a pedestal -- they weren't.

Looking at her again, Carlos could still remember how Maddie had glared down at him, as if he were some sort of rat or bug. No doubt she was upset that she had practically tripped over him and wished he had just up and died on the spot. Who the hell was she, anyway? Probably one of those girls that skipped to the front of the line and got by on her looks. Had to be. Who else would see someone trying to tie their shoes and act the way she did.

Of course, that wasn't what he was actually doing, but she didn't know that, so his point was still valid. As far as Carlos was concerned, he was the only one that had any right to being upset. Where the hell was she racing to anyway, they were stuck in damned bar! There was nowhere to go. But like a typical woman, Maddie just wanted to keep moving things around -- to keep looking. That's why Carlos was single, he couldn't deal with that feminine nonsense. Just the thought of it brought back memories of his mother constantly rearranging the furniture. Always breaking his back to tend to her whims when he just wanted to watch his cartoons.

'These goddamned women... It's the end of the world, and they still think they can lead us around by our noses!'

Not that that meant Carlos didn't admire her outer shell, he just wished there was a way to get rid of all the inner stuff. Like a switch you could flip to get them to shut up and sit down on your lap. Some way to let the big tank that was Ras deal with all her feelings, while Carlos was left with only the candy inside the wrapper.

Feeling himself getting worked up, Carlos pushed away from where he stood on the right side of the bar, just beside the office door, and went around the corner of the bar, to the middle. Now he was standing on the same side as where Maddie was sitting. Using his left hand to fake dry-rubbing his face, he stared hard between his fingers at the military princess as she sat on her bar stool. Delicious. Annoying, but still delicious. A strange thought popped into Carlos' head then.

'I just survived the Apocalypse! I can have ANY woman here I want..! My name is Carlos Christ, she should be worshiping me.'

"SHHHHHHTTTTTT!!!!!!" Dorothy hisses loudly at everyone in the bar to get their attention, the group looked like it could easily be a hundred men strong. They really should have thought about doing a head count before. "Do you guys hear that?!"

"Hear what? I don't hear anything... Now." Anthony said, more as an apology to the others in the bar, suddenly feeling embarrassed by all the attention they were both getting.

"Exactly!" Dorothy replied, turning back to the boarded-up window. "Oh, no!! They're gone!" Indeed they were. Everyone who looked outside could find no signs of the creatures that had only just a few minutes ago populated the streets from one end to the other. Only the dead, devoured corpses of what used to be people.

Everyone wondered where they could have gone so quickly, and so suddenly. A few people even talked about going outside, but no one dared volunteer for that. Maybe it was finally over?

| Monday, 1:31 PM

For over an hour after, there was nothing to be heard or seen outside, except an ominous calm. No one knew what it meant but with each passing minute people were getting bolder. It wouldn't be that much longer before the survivors had built up enough courage to venture beyond the bar, away from the safety of the walls. The large t.v. still played only static while the local radio station kept replaying the same music selection over and over. It was during this period that someone saw her, spotted the little girl with a battered looking teddy bear walking outside.

She was crying and screaming at the same time, begging for her mother to come to her. Without any hesitation, Winston moved over to the barred door and immediately tried to open it. But then someone stopped him and immediately an argument broke out about whether or not they should be trying to help the little girl. The group couldn't reach a decision on what they should do. There were just too many variables to consider. Like, if they should let her in. If it was possible she was one of those things pretending to be human. Could those things even do that?

The group was split down the middle: half wanted to let her in, while the other half believed that it was some sort of trap. They just couldn't believe that the little girl had somehow managed to call so much attention to herself without getting killed. They former group argued then that none of the surviving children were infected, Doctor Gong-Li vouched for this statement. According to her, the fatalities at the hospital consisted primarily of those who were either children, or the elderly. The fever had burned through their bodies and... There was no doubt in her mind that the child outside was uninfected -- that the little girl was still human, and that they had to try and rescue her before she moved passed the bar.

"Human or not, this has to be a trap!" Carlos said argued passionately. "Those things that were outside, they didn't just up and leave! No, they are still out there, and this is their trap to lure us to our death! We need to stay in here, where it's safe, and ignore that girl out there. Besides, we don't even have enough food in here to feed ourselves, much less another another mouth!"

"What madness is this?! How is this even a debate!" Winston cried in horror. "If she's human, as the good doctor assures us, then we have to help her! If we let her die, another human being, then what's the point in us living if it costs us our humanity!"

And once more, the group descended into chaos. A special few would need to step forward and make their case heard and argue one way or the other, before things got ugly. Almost everyone in the bar had a weapon of some type and if the majority of them weren't convinced of what the best course of action was, people would get hurt. Then again, anyone who didn't care about the consequences could just walk up to the door and finished what Winston had started.

OOC
Spoiler

Edited by Luther-Morgan, 16 December 2014 - 03:11 PM.

“It's all about Power."
"Grabbing it. Keeping it. Using It."
"Power is our currency, our DNA... Our God.”
"We control the World."
"We provide the blueprint. And we give the Instructions."

Maia

Maia

The Resident Neko

• RP Section Mod
  • 2,441 posts
  • LocationLost in the Echo

|SANCTUARY, The Old Victorian

|CARTER, Ashelyn

|Xander

Oh, how the arrogance shines through that façade, Ashe thought to herself, nearly groaning with disgust. The man, Winston, had in fact singled her out and she had no doubts that he had done it purposefully. To what end, she wasn’t sure of yet, but it was starting to grate on her nerves. She refused to be a pawn in this man’s little game, no matter how sweet he pretended to be, which at this point, considering his tone and response, she was quite sure the friendly front was just that; a front.

With that thought in mind she poured him an ample amount of whiskey and set the glass in front of him. “As I said, I don’t particularly care what others think about me speaking to myself. The only person, from what I can tell, who seems all that worried about it is you, so that leads one to suspect that it’s you who doesn’t like it; to which I could care less. You own behavior, the strange concern over something as trivial as someone thinking out loud could also come under suspicion. Paranoia is a high indicator of insanity, as you call it.”

She glanced towards the room and its patrons again before looking back at him, a hint of cruelty glimmering in her eyes. “As for the talk of supplies and such, that is not just for me to decide. There is an entire group of people here and just because I’m a Major in the Military doesn’t mean I am going to make the decisions for them. We either do this as a team,” she had to force herself not to shy away from this aspect, but she knew there was no other choice, “or you can go your own way.”

She leaned just a hair closer to him, her tone growing as ice cold and dangerous as the glint in her eyes. “For the record: I’m trained in far more than just ‘killing brown people’. Don’t think for a second that I would hesitate to kill you, or anyone in here, because I would easily do it in a heartbeat and not think twice of it. Don’t forget that, Winston.”

Having said this Ashe stepped away from the man who was, no doubt, furious with the answers she provided that probably weren’t the ones he wanted to hear, and stood with her back against a wall near enough to hear pretty much every conversation in the room. She was hoping that by doing that the man would give up on this losing battle with her.

"Sorry to interject, Ma'am," a deep husky baritone from the right side where she was standing rang out. The man standing not far from her swirled the contents of his drink before slugging it down in one gulp and set the glass down before turning towards her.

His deep voice caught her attention and she glanced over at him as he began to expand on his sudden muttering, "But won't your specific set of skills put you in a better position to account supplies and shepherd the survivors?" He asked in the same even tone he had started with, not a hint of ulterior motive as his big purplish grey eye found contact with Ashe's.

"In here are, at least, a few peeps that have served in the forces" he said pointing his head towards Maddie's form. "Wouldn't it better our survival odds if ya'll work as leaders and guide us through?" He stated calmly, sincerity evident in his tone. She fought the urge to smile at him. "Not that I expect you to consider my opinion, but all I see here are peeps who have survived more by guts and luck than any sound plan." he paused, waiting a moment for her to consider what he was saying, "and the thing with luck is, it suddenly runs out."

Unlike Winston who let on an easy image to his per chance malicious intentions, this man was the opposite. By appearance he cut an intimidating figure, enhanced even more by his visible scars and that eye-patch but his intentions were honest and clear. "On a personal note though, were you a former DELTA, Major?" he asked waiting patiently for the woman's reply.

Ashe let out a small sigh and nodded. “Nothing former about it, I am Delta Elite. Alpha Company, 1st battalion, 3rd SF. I’m- I just don’t have a unit right now,” she said softly, anger and grief welling up in her voice, though not directed at him. Again she felt the heavy weight of the tags in her thigh pocket and she closed her eyes for a brief moment as she tried to force the anger back.

“You wouldn’t happen to know Cage, would you, Major?” The man asked her curiously.

She glanced up at him sharply, her icy blue eyes narrowing at him. “Cage was the commander of my unit; like a brother to me.”

“Was? They don’t change units in Deltas. Were you reassigned?” He replied to her quip.

Her hands balled into tight fists before she reached into her thigh pocket and extracted the tags. “No,” she said as she held them up for him to see. “I’m the only member of that Unit still alive.”

“What?! How long has this been?” The man exclaimed, his calm demeanor breaking for the first time, a small stream of tears falling from his one good eye. “So, you’re the Carter from Alpha that received the DSC,” he said, more to himself than to her.

She couldn’t help it; she had to look away from the pained expression on his face least hers fought its way to the surface. She failed. The tags were crushed tightly in her hand as she fought the tears threatening to fall. “It’s been a year now,” she replied softly. “Yes, I’m Major Ashelyn Carter. I was a 1LT back then.”

“I’m sorry, Ma’am,” he said with a salute before wiping the tears from his face. “Lt. Col. Oleksander Koskisen,” he said with another salute, “of Bravo Company, 3rd Battalion, 7th SF. Cage and I graduated Kennedy together.” He finished.

That was nearly her undoing; that heartfelt apology from someone who had known her brother. She slipped the tags back into her pocket and returned his salute. “Honor to meet you, sir.”

“Honor is all mine; to be in the company of the first and only female beret. Cage spoke very highly of you, though at the time I mistook you for a man,” he said with a guilty smile. “Now I know why his mother doesn’t speak of him. I’ll have to go and visit her,” he said to himself. “On another note, you are as much family as he was Major,” he said with confidence. “We need to think of a good plan for a comeback.”

“Most mistake me for a man because of my handle,” she said with a half smile. She fought the urge to deny his claim though she knew it was true. It was still hard to accept; still hard to let someone get close. “T-thank you, sir.” She glanced around the room again and started to speak only to be cut off by the shrill screaming from outside. That’s when things took a drastic turn for the worse.  

The little girl outside: her cries were enough to tug at Ashe’s heartstrings. After almost losing Ty to the crows how would she be able to face the loss of this child’s life if they didn’t do something? As much as she didn’t want to, she agreed with Winston and the Doctor. If there was the remote possibility that the girl was still human, they couldn’t just leave her out there to die. They would be just as bad as the creatures they were trying to escape.

Taking a deep breath she marched up to the door and shoved some of the people aside, and that included a man who called himself Carlos. She turned to face the group and let out a piercing whistle to silence the room. “Listen up! My name is Major Ashelyn Carter with the U.S Army.  We need to talk about what we’re going to do. Nightfall is going to come quickly and we aren’t going to be able to hide in here forever.” She glared about the room at the frightened faces around her. “I mean no offense, but this place isn’t that well fortified against those creatures out there. We’re sitting ducks. Yes, we have ammo and supplies, but all of that will eventually dwindle.” If she needed to take charge of the group, so be it.

“I know many of you are scared, confused, and much more, but right now we have to think about what we are going to do to survive, and that includes that little girl out there, if she is, in fact, still human as the doctor says. No one still living is left behind! We don’t know how far outside of Sanctuary this plague of insanity has spread, and we need to save as many as we can!” She stated in a firm tone. She knew she wasn’t going to hear the end of it from Winston, but that didn’t matter now.

“We need to find fairly good vehicles, ones that can withstand a lot of punishment, so that we can grab up as much as we can. This includes: food, water, medical supplies, weapons and ammunition, and clothing. Once we have found ourselves a secure location that we can fortify, we can expand our supplies until either this passes over or help arrives. I don’t know when either will happen. So you,” she pointed at Carlos, “pipe down and start helping gather supplies or so help me I’ll kick your ass myself!”

Edited by Maia, 03 July 2014 - 05:06 AM.

cei7ea6l_zpsde6a65e1.png

Need staff help? You can go to Staff Support.
Need site help? You can go to Batoto Support.
You can use the Report button if you find anything that is in violation of the Site Rules.
If all else fails you can feel free to send me a PM.

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

| EMILY K. SCARLET

Monday, 12.30 PM

Finally managing to persuade Kev to eat, K let out a relieved sigh and started gouging at her plate of risotto. She no longer cared for table manner and the sort, and just intended to get her fill as soon as possible. It was a habit she once had in her days as an actual nurse in a hospital quite a while ago: to 'eat while you can, and sleep while you can; for an emergency could come up to your door at any moment' kind of thing.

Once she finished her plate, she finally had the presence of mind to take note to her surrounding. The place was littered with people from varying race, faith, social background, education level, etc, as shown by their choice of attire and the way the carried themselves. America in a spoonful, one might say. A few people worth mentioning was a lady wearing red hair and garbed in military uniform whom exuded an incredible air of authority (and perhaps a slight tinge of arrogance), a tall and muscular man who walked closely behind her, and a lady fuming with unhinged jealousy by his side.

Taking her gaze back a little, she could also notice another muscular guy creeping creepily behind Rick. It almost seemed like he's.. seducing Rick, for a moment there. Creepy. K took a mental note to never go anywhere close to that one person, and decided that she would, with utmost regret, just abandon Rick, should the creepy muscular dude decide to stick around him for good.

Actually, this place was filled with many interesting people, both in the positive and negative way. Some seemed to be decent, angelic, even; though K had known that looks are quite deceiving most of the time. The rest of the survivors, though, seemed to be on the.. rougher side, to be polite. They seemed to be the type with little to no moral compass; ones who could easily abandon their friends and families in order to survive. And those who would not hesitate to hurt others if that means they'd get something good out of it.

"I wonder if staying together with these people would be for the best," K muttered to herself. "There are safety in numbers, but.. I don't know, I just don't trust half of the people here.."

| 01.35 PM

Her concern had soon became reality. As the group heard a child, a girl to be exact, crying for her mother just outside the bar, the group of survivors soon divided themselves into two camps. One who wanted to save the child, and one who wanted to leave her to die. And seriously, listening to the latter was.. Sickening, at the very best.

K was ready to just abandon the group and go out to save the girl on her own when a lady stepped up and brought the people to their senses. She appeared to be working for the military, and was supported by a mysterious looking guy who seemed to be of a military origin as well. Though most of their dialogues only served to confuse K with three words acronyms and alien jargons, there was a very good point to their talk that K could agree with all her heart.

Not wanting to go out and save the kid because they only had limited supplies is just dumb. Did they really believe that food would magically appear, as long as they do not try to save the kid? Really? Was that really the result of a mind that evolved specifically in pursuit of intelligence and ingenuity? It was really a wonder how humanity had not died out after all this time, if half of the population were really this.. Ignorant.

Worse still, even pointing this flaw in their way of thinking out was not enough to make them realize their folly. Most of the 'let's just stay inside' group were still hesitant to move out. Some even tried to stop the ones who were getting ready to move out from going. Whether it was hubris or plain ignorance, it was painful to watch. It was disgusting, how these people could even think about leaving a helpless girl on her own in such hostile environment.

Then again, they were adults. And most adults are heartless bastards who can only think about themselves.

"Do you really believe that staying here were the right course of action?" K addressed the resistant group in a half-shout. "Do you really believe that staying here, with these people who readily abandon a child in need, were the right thing to do?" she added, her tone intensifying with every sentence. "It is the kid that they sacrificed today. What makes you think they would not sacrifice you next? When the shit comes, what makes you think they would not throw you into the jaws of the monsters, just to save their own hide?"

Silence.

"They just decided to leave a helpless girl to die, for heaven's sake! What makes you think your life's worth a shit in their eyes?"

Edited by S.S. Fayrbrant, 02 July 2014 - 04:58 PM.

Blue Flaming Wings

Blue Flaming Wings

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 358 posts

“Well, if we’re going to watch, we should get closer.”

Scott panned a glance over to Meg, before turning his gaze back onto the narrow street before him. On the both ends of the street safety poles blocked the way into the major streets. They needed to get into the pub or into the truck before they came down at nightfall. Scott nodded.

They crept along the line of buildings, Meg with her bat and Scott, reluctantly, pulling out the knife. But the girl out on the street did not make any sudden moves and no more of those beasts seemed to be lurking in the shadows. Once under one of the barred stained-glass windows of the Old Victorian the two of them put away their weapons – no need to confront the new group armed. Not even a moment after they put the weapons away a whistle shrilled from inside, loud enough to be heard even from them. Scott peaked over the edge and into the bar itself.

A woman stood by the doorway in army fatigue. The Military! Scott thought, and sure enough she introduced herself. “Listen up! My name is Major Ashelyn Carter with the U.S Army.  We need to talk about what we’re going to do. Nightfall is going to come quickly and we aren’t going to be able to hide in here forever.” From where he sat crouched, Scott could see her move her head to look at the crowd. “I mean no offense, but this place isn’t that well fortified against those creatures out there. We’re sitting ducks. Yes, we have ammo and supplies, but all of that will eventually dwindle.” 

I know many of you are scared, confused, and much more, but right now we have to think about what we are going to do to survive, and that includes that little girl out there, if she is, in fact, still human as the doctor says. No one still living is left behind! We don’t know how far outside of Sanctuary this plague of insanity has spread, and we need to save as many as we can!” 

We need to find fairly good vehicles, ones that can withstand a lot of punishment, so that we can grab up as much as we can. This includes: food, water, medical supplies, weapons and ammunition, and clothing. Once we have found ourselves a secure location that we can fortify, we can expand our supplies until either this passes over or help arrives. I don’t know when either will happen. So you,” She pointed at someone out of sight, “pipe down and start helping gather supplies or so help me I’ll kick your ass myself!”

Scott took a moment for this all to sink in. But while he was still thinking about the risks of revealing themselves Meg took the choice out of his hands. She stood up from where she crouched and knocked on the stained-glass. That got the group’s attention, they jerked back in surprise to see a teenager suddenly standing by the window. Half a dozen guns spun over in their direction. Scott went to drag her down again, but she stayed still. “What are you doing?” Scott hissed, but Meg shot him a hard look and then spoke up.

“If you’re looking for vehicles, my brother and I came in a truck,” She had an iron will, Scott would give her that. Her voice remained steady and sure as she spoke, even with guns pointed at her. Scott sighed and rose as well, after he heard her mention him, “The name’s Meg and Scott,” She said pointing to the both of them, “We don’t know who the little kid is, but if you let us and the girl in, you can have free use of the truck. You can stock all the supplies you want in the bed.”

Scott glanced behind him, where he could still see the girl in the distance and over the empty street in general. This is bad. He thought, We’re too exposed. With that he put his back against one of the walls, and pulled out his Flattop, keeping an eye on the street. He then addressed the group as well, “Whatever you decide, make it quick. I don’t want to stay out here longer than I have to.”

Like hell he was going to let anything sneak up on them and get them from behind.

Edited by WriterFourHire, 04 July 2014 - 04:08 AM.

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!
Sgt. Madeline "Maddie" Escanaba

Current Events~

With her announcement, Maddie didn't quite grasp the kind of Wasp's nest she marched back into as she strode casually towards her fiancé with a glass of Vodka. It wasn't until she heard Ally's loathsome tone with her inquiry that she came to truly understand. Shooting a hesitant gaze to Benedikt, the Alien now truly understood the grave tone of her admission.

Although on a humorous note, knowledge that it was Ras who tamed the fiery red headed woman certainly earned him a few gazes of simultaneous respect and envy from others.

"Ally," she softly began, trying to wear a kind and soothing tone to her lips. "Ras and I started dating a few years ago privately after the second baking contest we went to. I should've told you, and I'm sorry." Pleadingly, the Alien's hand lightly touched the seething woman's as she quietly continued. "He proposed to me just a few days ago. We were going to have a party and tell everyone, but as you can tell...The world went to hell."

It was a lie, an incredibly massive lie, but the Alien could tell it with an incredibly convincing manner. She did have a lot of practice, needless to say.

Feeling that her apology still wasn't enough, Maddie cracked a dry smile at a thought while she put it to words. "I was even going to ask you to be my maid of honor, as you're my best friend in Sanctuary...outside of Ras of course."

Opening her mouth to further continue her reassurance, there was the sound of movement outside; and more importantly, the cries of a child. A ruse no doubt that effectively pulled at her heartstrings so cruelly. Naturally, the discussion inside turned into a debate as to how to act. Two sides immediately formed, one of which wished to save the little girl; and the other, which only cared for their own survival. Despite the fact that the argument slowly began to raise to shouting, the silence finally fell again with the Major; the very same crack shot that had helped her with the Remus residence.

A leader, and a sight for sore eyes most certainly. Marksmen were a wonderful tool to have in dire hours such as these.

Not only that, but the Sergeant would be the first to speak and break the silence.

With a "Copy that, Ma'am." Maddie's soldier mentality rose up again and she adjusted her grip onto the .45 caliber that lay holstered on her thigh. Rising up to plant a brief peck of a kiss onto Ras' cheek, she would then stride steadfastly to the door. Moving people who stood as a barricade out of the way, the Alien would rest her grip upon her sidearm and for a long tense moment, she would grasp the handle to the door.

Teenqge distraction aside, there was still the key matter of the little girl standing in the middle of hell itself. With her pistols holster unfastened while still being secure, the Alien's head was on a swivel as she cautiously approached the child. While still standing several feet away, the Alien reached out to her with one hand while the other held a combat knife as a precaution.

"My name is Maddie, what's yours?" She inquired softly and gently to the terrified child. "I want to help you, but you need to come with me...okay?"

Edited by Feisty-Pants, 02 July 2014 - 07:18 PM.

tumblr_o3sndbSAhX1qctrupo2_500.gif

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

Inumori

Inumori

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Location....good question.....

[Monday. 01:42 P.M.] The Old Victorian.

Joseph River had been asleep since shortly after arriving at his competitor's makeshift stronghold. Beaten, battered, bruised, strangled, crashing after the adrenaline high, and without a good night's sleep to fall back on, River had passed out in his seat. He had awoken to the commotion that now engulfed their fragile haven. A knock at the window came from a girl calling herself Meg and successfully ripped the stressed horde's attention - and firearms - towards her location. It was nothing short of a miracle that the girl hadn't been shot to pieces that instant. Not wanting to risk that scenario and others Joe decided to take action immediately, at least as immediately as his sore body would let him. He stood to speak.

"For a bunch of folk so scared that a noisy kid is gonna bring the monsters there sure is a whole lot of goddamn screaming going on. So here's my position on things". He turned to Brenda to speak "There ain't ever gonna be enough food here for everyone. That's just fact. Everyone concerned about supplies is completely right to be and I wouldn't dare demand the burden be raised on the people who fought so hard just to come this far". Then he turned to Doctor Li. "Now you tell us that this girl would already be dead if she were sick. I appreciate that, but you need to appreciate that she could be dead already. This morning I had to kill a monster that used to be Lori Sorrenson. Some of them keep their faces Doctor. Not their humanity, but at least their faces". Now he spoke to everyone.

"Ain't nobody needs to be called a monster for not wanting to risk everyone's lives for just a few more, and ain't nobody needs to be called insane for wanting to save them anyway. At the end of the day every goddamn one of us just wants to be safe. Now everyone settle down for a minute while I make a suggestion". Joe walked behind the bar looking for a hatch to storage like he has in his place, then through the service window to the barricaded receiving door past the kitchen. "Alright folks here's the deal, I'm not staying. I'm gonna head out through the back and go around to get that little girl and those two kids out there. After that I will not be returning here, not immediately anyway. I'm gonna go find someplace else safe and scrounge for supplies. Anyone who wants to join me can feel free to do so, and if you find you fear staying the night with the people around you I suggest just that. Right now is the safest time to go. Nothing is so close you can't close the door behind me and get the barricade back up quick-like. If you want to try stopping me go ahead, but you better remember that once the shooting stops you sure as hell won't be standing either, whether its getting killed in the shooting or by what the noise brought when you're done. I'm taking that truck and I will come back for folk and with supplies. If you don't believe I'll come back with supplies... I'm leaving my girl here, so remember that when you think about it." He looked towards Rick and nodded, a silent affirmation that he was trusting the young man with Ty. "Kids should be staying back either way. Don't want none of them out there with those things. I also strongly suggest many of you remain in the basement. If that towering creature finds its way here it's better to be below ground."

With that Joe carefully moved towards the kitchen armed to the teeth. "Put your pants on Earl. I'm coming through". At the kitchen door Joe faced the survivor crowd and spoke again. "If this is happening, it's happening now. Make your decisions folks". He turned to doctor Li for a moment. He had wanted to ask her about the hospital, about any survivors there, but there wasn't time for that now. Then he turned to Brenda Michaels. Earl might listen to Joe, but he would definitely listen to her. "Call him off Brenda, please. You have to let me try".

As people looked towards River and towards each other Maddie took the chance to bolt for the door. The lack of an entrance bell saw her make it out the door, and before people could react to the creak of the hinges it had already slammed back shut. Ahh shit. He thought to himself. So much for that idea.

The shouting match started again and Joe had to scream over the pack. "ENOUGH GOD DAMMIT! GET YOUR GUNS AIMED ON THOSE WINDOWS!" Joe himself yelled this as he pressed against one of the window frames next to the entrance and aimed his sport-custom Lee-Enfield no4. Mk.1 down towards their location. "Dammit to hell! COVER ME!" He shouted, abruptly shifting position and exiting through the door himself. "YOU BARRICADE THAT GOD DAMNED DOOR BEHIND ME!" He screamed while slinging his rifle over his shoulder and drawing one of the several handguns he'd grabbed in their earlier escape. The .500 S&W needed to be used sparingly, thing was a goddamn dinner bell. The 9mm Colt Commander wasn't exactly quiet either, but it kicked less, loaded quick, fired common rounds, and got the job done. He swiftly went around to the side of the building and gestured to the teens there to come out, barely peeking himself past the corner of the building and aiming past them.

Edited by Inumori, 03 July 2014 - 08:09 PM.

The Dog's Woods

Spoiler

An Adventure by Mischief

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

| Oleksander Koskinen

The last two years had passed on much like the last night; in a haze. Like the past two years, he had this feeling that he was just drifting forward. He knew not of how he got here or why did he? Even though he wasn’t on regular duty on the base, he seldom drove into town. Sanctuary was a quiet and serene place in a middle of nowhere but still he had left his exploring ways back on the hospital bed in Camp Bullis, Texas.

Yet from his few forays into the quaint little town he knew of the place where he was. Sitting in the shopping district, the lesser known of the two pubs in Sanctuary was the Old Victorian. Though not boasting of the choices at River’s, the lovely and motherly Ms. Mary-Anne and her daughter Brenda made up for it, along with Big Earl who served decent grub to go with the drinks.

Yet, the instances of this morning were hardly ordinary. It was like Helmland all over again, on second thought even worse. Straight out of movie lore were Zombies or at least that could be a term for them. It was mayhem, as survivors began trickling in. Surviving with a healthy dose of luck and human courage that seems to bare its face in times of grave necessity.

For the most part, it was great management skills of Ms. Mary-Anne that were to thank. Like a bulwark she had stood firm when all around her people were losing their heads. On her behest, few of the survivors had managed to put in barricades.

After the arrival of another batch of survivors though, things started to get a bit crowded. Among them he could point out a few of his brethren. Men and Women of Uniform whose courage too was brought under fire today. One particular woman caught his interest. She was tall and lithe woman, dressed in black with dirty blonde neatly organised hair, she had an air of reassurance about her, of one who had seen plenty of death in her little lifetime for she seemed fairly young. Her gait and gestures implied that she was definitely military, probably a SEAL or a Delta as she wasn’t packing as much heat as the fiery redhead. She seemed to be having trouble, not the usual deer-in-headlights trouble, but coming-to-a-solid-decision kind of trouble. Which contrasted with the redhead meant that she was probably an officer class. He kept his eyes on her as he took a sip of his bourbon generously served by Ms.Anne.

She had sauntered over to the counter near him, lost in her thought as she played with her whiskey before setting it down untouched. He looked on amused as to what would she conclude. She seemed to be whispering to herself, like talking to a ghost in her head or reaffirming her line of action. The whiskey had dulled his senses a bit so he took the liberty of imposing himself on her.

He had been haunted by the even two years ago, he still could listen to their voices sometimes. Pleading to bring them closure, try as he may but he was denied from active duty after the loss of his eye. He had volunteered to be a lone operative but that too was shot down, General Montgomery had ruled that he was to help his brother in arms with CQC and real world sims but he won’t be returning to Afghanistan.

He wasn’t sure if he was hearing the girl talk to herself or was it all in his mind. But that was soon addressed by one of the other survivors, Winston, by the looks a simple man but looks can be deceptive. He had dispatched at least a dozen of the undead with expertise akin to trained killer, probably one of those old school vets and he had an attitude that was a bit hard to deal with. Xander knew because he had chided Brenda for something as he came in and the snarky girl remained silent.

With his introduction to the lady in black, he had also mentioned the mood of the gathered. Needless to say, but things were on a knife’s edge and with haggard peeps packing decent heat on them a false move could cost someone their head. He managed to raise a similar point, though in his demeaning, chiding way.

For her part, the lady was not Brenda. She brushed him off like a smudge on a boot and gave her name. She was indeed military and she was an officer to boot. She put him in his place like a lioness disciplines her cub. It was amusing, Xander certainly derived a little satisfaction from that. But sadly, people like Winston don’t back down easily and the conversation continued to simmer for a bit long before the good Major decided that she had had enough and silence would be a welcome ally. She rested against the wall and let out a sigh. Xander took it as his cue to jump in. Downing his bourbon in a large gulp, he wiped a drops that stuck to his stubble before siding with good manners.

"Sorry to interject, Ma'am," he said, careful to sound honest and straightforward. He raised his head to look into the eyes of the woman who had straightened herself on the wall she leant on.

"But won't your specific set of skills put you in a better position to account supplies and shepherd the survivors?" he questioned the lady, who by his assumptions would make a good leader of this weary pack. his purpleish grey eye focussed on the contours of her chiselled face.

Then he started to expand on his question with his observations. Hoping the lady would appreciate a like-minded, calm talk to an aggravated accusation. "In here are, at least, a few peeps that have served in the forces" he said motioning to the fiery redhead. "Wouldn't it better our survival odds if ya'll work as leaders and guide us through?" adding to his earlier statement with a calm sincerity unlike the other man. He felt her features soften but the lips didn’t part in acknowledgement yet. So, he continued to prattle on to at least get his thoughts out, "Not that I expect you to consider my opinion, but all I see here are peeps who have survived more by guts and luck than any sound plan." pausing for a moment before adding "and the thing with luck is, it suddenly runs out."

Sensing that perhaps talking about her occupation would draw out a response he finally asked, "On a personal note though, were you a former DELTA, Major?". Ruling out SEALS because he couldn’t reason it out, or maybe it was his bias.

The lady let out a sigh at his last question accompanied by a nod, somewhere deep within he felt a bit happy and proud. “Nothing former about it, I am Delta Elite. Alpha Company, 1st battalion, 3rd SF. I’m- I just don’t have a unit right now,” she said softly as her tone hinted of anger and possibly grief at the mention of her unit, closing her eyes as if to fight those emotions overwhelming her.

But, the mention of the unit got Xander thinking, his friend Cage was of 3rd SF too so maybe this girl would know about him. It had been too long since he had contacted Xander. Even his mother would duck questions about his homecoming.

“You wouldn’t happen to know Cage, would you, Major?” Xander asked curiously, breaking the woman out of her brief siesta. At the mention of that name her eyes lit up, though there was shock and suspicion rather than assurance of acquaintance. As if she was questioning how he knew of him? replying quickly, “Cage was the commander of my unit; like a brother to me.”.

Something felt wrong,

“Was? They don’t change units in Deltas. Were you reassigned?” he asked. He saw her hands balling into fists as her knuckles went white, this was certainly unexpected. She unclenched her hand to put it into her pocket, taking out four dog tags. It was then that realisation struck him cold and her words followed to affirm the pain he felt.

“No,” she said as she held them up for him to see. “I’m the only member of that Unit still alive.”

“What?! How long has this been?” Xander exclaimed, shocked beyond words as a small stream of tears fell from his one good eye. “So, you’re the Carter from Alpha that received the DSC,” he said, more to himself than to her.  

“It’s been a year now,” she replied bravely, her wounds renewed as she tried to control herself, glancing away for a moment before finishing her sentence. “Yes, I’m Major Ashelyn Carter. I was a 1LT back then.”

Xander’s wounds were renewed as well, after Koz, Gus, Tank and Croc, Cage too had passed on without him. Leaving him powerless, but the lady needed his support. She was his battle sister now.

“I’m sorry, Ma’am,” he said wiping tears from his face as he gave a salute to her, before letting his identity be known.

“Lt. Col. Oleksander Koskisen, of Bravo Company, 3rd Battalion, 7th SF. Cage and I graduated Kennedy together.” he finished. She pocketed the tags before saluting back.

“Honor to meet you, sir.” she said, he felt the urge to cry some more but steeled himself.

“Honor is all mine; to be in the company of the first and only female beret. Cage spoke very highly of you, though at the time I mistook you for a man,” he said with a guilty smile. “Now I know why his mother doesn’t speak of him. I’ll have to go and visit her,” he said to himself. “On another note, you are as much family as he was Major,” he said with confidence. “We need to think of a good plan for a comeback.”

“Most mistake me for a man because of my handle,” she said with a half smile. Leaving  long drawn pause before adding  “T-thank you, sir.”

She wanted to say some more before things took a turn for the worse.

Edited by Diabolical Rhapsody, 04 July 2014 - 07:18 AM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts

| Monday, 12:10 ~ 1:42 PM

With disgust clean on her face to see, Major Carter poured an ample amount of whiskey into a glass before setting it down roughly in front of Winston. Looks like this was his win, and an easy one at that. Accepting the drink before Ashe had a chance to completely retract her fingers, Winston closed his large hands over hers and enjoyed the momentary feeling of her soft skin, before she yanked her hand out from under his.

"As I said, I don’t particularly care what others think about me speaking to myself. The only person, from what I can tell, who seems all that worried about it is you, so that leads one to suspect..." At this point, Winston just ignored the rest of whatever else she had to say. What was the point, if she was going to repeat the exact same thing she had said before.

'So boring,' Winston thought to himself as he swallowed half the glass of alcohol in one gulp. 'Here I am playing chess, and she's trying to tic-tac-toe me. I should just start killing some people, that would be infinitely more entertaining than... This.' With another swallow, the glass was emptied.

"...we either do this as a team, or you can go your own way." Ashe said as Winston stroked his fake beard and blinked repeatedly to keep the sleep that was threatening to overwhelm him at bay.

As far as he was concerned, there was nothing Ashe could say at this point that would keep him interested in their conversation anymore. As if reading his mind however, Ashe leaned just a hair's width closer to him, her tone as cold as ice with a dangerous glint in her eyes that was almost feral.

"For the record," she practically spat into Winston's face. "I’m trained in far more than just 'killing brown people'. Don’t think for a second that I would hesitate to kill you... Or anyone in here. Because I would easily do it in a heartbeat, and not think twice of it. Don’t forget that, Winston."

There it was, finally, that little spark Winston had spotted earlier. That tiny star he knew that, with a little bit of fuel, could be a bright and shining sun. Yess! All he had to do now, was break her. Tear Ashe down into little-tiny bits, then rebuild her into something so much more than what she was now -- An Employee of the Organization. And as luck would have it, there would soon be an opening within their ranks. Now that Winston's suspicions about Ashe had been confirmed, we could move forward with executing the traitor.

'Sadly, the contract stipulates that his skin needs to be returned to the Organization -- intact. Which means I'll need a quite place to skin him first, before I tan the hide. But don't worry, my little flower, I'll be coming back for you as soon as I'm done. Then we can escape this place together, before the government locks the area down.'

Despite these colorful thoughts, Winston was alert enough to raise his empty glass to Ashe as she slowly retreated from him. Nothing more needed to be said between the two. They had finally reached a mutual understanding. Now, all he needed to do, was to create an opportunity...

'Ask and thou shalt receive,' Winston thought to himself as the lovely group of survivors began falling apart. Ever since the groups from the suburbs, school, and supermarket arrived, things had begun going down hill.

These people moved about with no concern or respect for the things or people that had already been there long before they had even arrived -- from Rick just jumping behind the bar, to Ashe helping herself to a drink she couldn't even finish. These people took whatever they wanted-, whenever they wanted to, and as Ashe had repeatedly pointed out, as far as they were concerned, to hell with what any of the others might think.

Winston just had to smile at the irony of it all: their main argument in the 'discussion' seemed to be that they were in desperate need of supplies, which Brenda had assured everyone there was enough of. Secondly, they wanted to storm outside when those things could easily be lying in wait for them. Where was the logic in sacrificing several adult lives to save one child -- if that thing was even human anymore.

Winston didn't much care one way, or the other. It was all a game to him. If he'd have been inclined to, he would have cackled like an evil witch.

All that this situation needed now, was for someone to light the fuse. Which he gladly did when he placed his hand on that door knob. The quickest way to piss someone off was to take away their choice. Once he did that, the rest was was history. Everything took off on it's own, after that.

Like God, he breathed life into the chaos that followed. And like God, he sat back and watched his creations kill themselves -- figuratively speaking, for now. The child outside, showing up when it did, was perfect timing as far as he was concerned.

"Do you really believe that staying here were the right course of action?" Nurse K. half-shouted at no one in particular. "Do you really believe that staying here, with these people..."

'Uh oh!' Winston thought to himself with a smile. 'Them's fighting words!''

"...who readily abandon a child in need, were the right thing to do?" By this point Earl had come-up, out into the bar, to see what all the ruckus was about, when he spotted the little lady. She looked like she could use some help, and 'HELP!' was Earl's middle name. Leaning over the bar, Earl easily picked K. up off the ground and put her to stand on top of the bar so she could finish her cute, little speech.

"Excuse me, but who the hell are you? Who the hell are any of you, to tell us anything about how to run our group here, hmm?" demanded Deputy Dodders, speaking on behalf of his group once K. had finished her little outburst.

The sheriff had long ago excused herself to the restroom and hadn't been seen since. The other two she had brought with her, Gorilla and Emile, didn't seem too concerned with trying to quite the situation down, so Dodders decided to man up and take control with support from his partner, Franks. Or at least he had meant to, but then Ashe marched up out of the crowd and began giving orders.

"Listen up! My name is Major Ashelyn Carter with the U.S Army. We need to talk about what we’re going to do. Nightfall is going to come quickly and we aren’t going to be able to hide in here forever."

"No one is talking about forever! But today, right now, this is a damn good place to stay!" Carlos shouted back over the murmuring of the crowd.

"I mean no offense," Ashe began, which meant that offense was usually intended. "But this place isn’t that well fortified against those creatures out there! We’re sitting ducks. Yes, we have ammo and supplies, but all of that will eventually dwindle."

"What does that mean? Are you saying that no one is coming? The army base is right there, outside of town, isn't it? Even if the police station was overrun, aren't they already on their to help us?" A-Rock Haeley asked loudly.
The murmuring only grew louder then.

"She's talking nonsense," Deputy Dodders said, trying to calm his group. "People are coming for us! And it's best if we stay here -- stay together. That will make it easier for them to find us."

"I know many of you are scared, confused, and much more," Ashe said. "But right now we have to think about what we are going to do to survive, and that includes that little girl out there, if she is, in fact, still human as the doctor says. No one still living is left behind! We don’t know how far outside of Sanctuary this plague of insanity has spread, and we need to save as many as we can!" Ashe's tone was firm and unyielding, just the way Winston like it.

'Didn't I tell you girl? You're a wolf -- a monster! A cold blooded killer, just like me. The rest of them are sheep, barely worth killing. You'll realize that too, once I make you kill all of them. And that will only be but the first step on the path to your beautiful rebirth,' Winston thought to himself, giddy with joy. A moment later, both Winston and the hooded stranger were gone.

"We need to find fairly good vehicles, ones that can withstand a lot of punishment, so that we can grab up as much as we can. This includes: food, water, medical supplies, weapons and ammunition, and clothing. Once we have found ourselves a secure location that we can fortify, we can expand our supplies until either this passes over or help arrives. I don’t know when either will happen..." Ashe continued.

"Oh my God, this is so stupid!" Carlos muttered under his breathe. "She doesn't know anything, except that we're wrong and she's right!"

"So you,” Ashe pointed at Carlos. "Pipe down, and start helping gather supplies or so help me I’ll kick your ass myself!" Carlos' reply to that was to stick his middle finger into the air, and tell her to fuck off.

"We're not in the army, hun, so you can't tell us what to do. Yeah? If you don't like it, get the hell out of our bar..!"

A loud tapping on the glass came then, and immediately everyone in the bar either dropped low or pulled out their weapons and pointed them at the head of the girl standing just outside. Ronnie, who had been sitting closest to the window, painfully bashed his hip against the table as he leapt out of his seat to land on his back, pulling out his own gun as he did so. The girl was only alive still because the safety on his weapon was on.

"If you’re looking for vehicles, my brother and I came in a truck," she began, seemingly unfazed by all the weapons being pointed at her. Too stunned by her sudden appearance, the bar was mostly quiet as the girl began telling her story. "The name’s Meg and Scott..."

"For a bunch of folk so scared that a noisy kid is gonna bring the monsters, there sure is a whole lock of goddamn screaming going on. So here's my position on things..." Joe said as he woke up, making everyone jump out of their skins again.

"Nobody is talking about that!" Deputy Dodders, tried to explain calmly but these people seemed hell-bent on doing whatever the hell they wanted to. It was no wonder he had his hand on his gun now. "We're talking about the fact that that's an obvious trap outside, whether the kid is human or not comes second -- I shouldn't have to explain that to a hunter like you!"

"There ain't ever gonna be enough food here for everyone" Joe said to Brenda, ignoring the deputy. "That's just fact. Everyone concerned about supplies is completely right to be and I wouldn't dare demand the burden be raised on the people who fought so hard just to come this far."

"We have enough supplies for weeks or days, or at least we did until your group showed up!" Brenda spoke in her own defense.

These people were bad news. She had originally been okay with letting them into the bar, but now she was beginning to regret it. They were possessed by some sort of fever or fear, some sort of itch that was making them act out like this. She just wished they would go, leave the rest of them in peace. Turning to the doctor, Joe said...

"Now you tell us that this girl would already be dead if she were sick. I appreciate that, but you need to appreciate that she could be dead already. This morning I had to kill a monster that used to be Lori Sorrenson. Some of them keep their faces Doctor. Not their humanity, but at least their faces."

"Do you hear this man?" Carlos asked his group. "He's saying that one of those things outside probably killed that little girl, and is now wearing her skin -- pretending to be her! How the hell does he want us to go outside to get supplies, that we don't even need right now, when they have just made two very valid arguments that support the common sense decision to stay right where we are, namely that if these things could get inside, then they wouldn't need to pretend to be human, yes??"

"Exactly," Deputy Dodders said. "If they can't get in and we have enough food and drinks for days, then the only reason these people want us to go outside is because..."

"THEY ARE ONE OF THEM!!" Carlos shouted just as Joe had entered the kitchen. Immediately guns were raised and pointed at the survivors from the school, the suburbs, and the supermarket.

"Stop right there, Joe!" Deputy Dodders ordered as Joe reached the bar's back entrance. "I SAID STOP RIGHT THERE, GODDAMNED IT!!" Dodders still hadn't pulled out his weapon yet, but he had heard what both Joe and Carlos had said, as both men moved towards different parts of the bar, and to him, Carlos was making much more sense.

"Tell us how you did it Joe, or whatever you things call yourselves, tell us how only a handful of people survived when everyone else was dying all around you, when there were creatures that were two stories tall, according to you! Hmm? It was you guys, wasn't it, you killed those people, wore their faces, that's why you were all acting funny!" Just to the side of Joe, Earl crept slowly forward with a large cleaver in his hand.

"Call him off Brenda, please. You have to let me try." Joe pleaded.

"Try what? You hear there is a truck outside, and now you want to take it and go look for supplies, hmm? First you want us to believe that no one is coming, then that the food won't last another second longer, that those things out there can get in here whenever they want, and now you want us to believe that you'll be right back?! Do you even hear yourselves!" Just then Maddie bolted for the entrance and any doubt in anyone's minds about who these people really were was erased.

"Oh, you son-of-a..." Deputy Dodders hissed as he finally pulled his gun on Joe. "The old magician's trick, huh? Distract me with one hand, while you perform the trick with the other. I'm embarrassed to see that I actually fell for it."

"ENOUGH GOD DAMMIT! GET YOUR GUNS AIMED ON THOSE WINDOWS!" Joe hollered.

"Enough! You aren't fooling anyone..!" But just then, Joe pulled the door open and ran outside. He must have lifted the key during his monologue and used it to unlock the door.

"These damned things are sure crafty!" Dodders hissed under his breathe as he ran forward to seal the door again. Outside, the thing that used to be Joe Rivers never let the facade drop, screaming at them to barricade the door. Dodders was tempted to put it out of it's misery, but there were others still in the bar that needed to be secured.

Outside, Maddie made it half-way over to the little girl before trying to test if the she was human or not. The last thing she saw was the little girl's eyes going wide, and then darkness as the alien's body slumped limply to the ground. Standing over her, Carlos quickly stabbed his pistol into the back of his pants as slung the heavy alien over his shoulder like she was a prize.

He had meant to just knock her out and then bring her back inside, but then the half-eaten corpses began coming back to life. These weren't the intelligent fiends that had been terrorizing Sanctuary for most of the morning, just the dead, eaten, and forgotten remains of their victims.

But the mysterious virus was powerful, giving it's host incredible regenerative powers. In short, it was too potent not to be able to reanimate the recently deceased. Finally, the real zombies that everyone thought they had faced before, had joined the cast.

All along the one-way street, dead bodies began to rise or crawl on whatever limbs they had left. Was this why the fiends had left earlier? No one would ever know for sure. But in that moment, Carlos knew, he knew exactly what he had to do. So, he ran. And he took the alien with him.

The next time she woke up, she would find herself bound and gagged to a strange bed in someone's apartment, her hands and feet restrained by several layers of metal wire that cut into her skin whenever she tried to break free. Carlos had only taken her guns, not bothering to search her for anything else. When Maddie's eyes next opened, she would find the man lying comfortably on top of her. Who knew that body armor could make for such an excellent pillow.

OOC: Maddie can't kill Carlos in her first, or second post.

Back out on the street, the little girl screamed as she ran in the direction Meg and Scott, but on the opposite side of the street, before tripping over a corpse that held now on tightly to her ankle as it pulled itself closer and began trying to eat her.

The street was now crowded with dead corpses that had returned to unlife, all of which were now shuffling towards the two teens and Joe. There had to be at least a few hundreds of them. Back inside, the bar's original survivors pointed their weapons at everyone that had come from the three areas, including Ltc. Oleksander Koskinen, who had sided with Ashe and her group.

They'd had their chance to talk things out and come up with a plan, but choose instead to boss people round while ironically calling them the monsters for not leaping to their destruction. What was more human than a discussion about what to do next? Now they were the ones that were going to be bossed around.

"Drop your weapons, NOW, or we will shoot!" Deputy Dodders said as his partner also pulled his gun too.
The survivors only had two options: Fight, or Surrender. If they fought, there was no guarantee that Corra, Ally, and others like the doctor would survive the shoot out.

“It's all about Power."
"We control the World."

Blue Flaming Wings

Blue Flaming Wings

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 358 posts

It didn’t take long for things to go pear-shaped.

It started when, after Scott said his last piece about the group deciding quick on what to do (and boy, did they ever) another person stood up. Unlike the woman from before who had been dressed in army fatigues, and therefore displayed authority, this man seemed rather normal.  He wore casual clothes, with a hunting vest covering over it. But, more than that, Scott could see the man had a good selection of weapons. He had a 500 Hunting Revolver, a hunting knife, a rifle and a handgun. Maybe his authority comes from them – the man with the biggest gun …

He learned his lesson quick. There was no leader here.

"Nobody is talking about that!" A man, a deputy it seemed, said, “We're talking about the fact that that's an obvious trap outside, whether the kid is human or not comes second -- I shouldn't have to explain that to a hunter like you!"

So he is a hunter. Scott had guessed that due to his Revolver, vest and knife. The boy had just registered that new piece of info when yet another person spoke up, “"We have enough supplies for weeks or days, or at least we did until your group showed up!"

It’s not one group? He thought, a lead weight drifted down to his stomach and settled there. Scott’s whole body tensed. This is bad. He grabbed Meg’s sleeve and pulled her away from the window, to the brick wall and out of the line of sight from the group – groups within.

“This seems dangerous. I just assumed that it would be safe with the first group of humans we saw. But it seems – What? What is it?”

This entire time as he spoke, Meg focused her eyes on the sleeve he still clutched. But at his last words she glanced up, before smiling, “No.” She said, “It’s nothing. What is it?”

Weird. He let go of the sleeve. “Anyway, as I was saying, this group is not united. Who knows what they’ll do?”

On cue, the door of the Old Victorian slammed opened. The two teenagers snapped their heads over at the sound and saw a tall red-haired woman, also wearing army fatigues, brush by them – heading towards the little girl.

From inside they heard the man holler, “ENOUGH GOD DAMMIT! GET YOUR GUNS AIMED ON THOSE WINDOWS!" And as Meg glanced over she saw the hunter come out, hand on his holster. Scott, however, never took his eyes of the red-haired woman, waiting with his own hand on his gun’s hilt to draw it and fire if the girl attacked.

That’s how the both of them saw it. Meg saw another man charge pass the one giving orders earlier, and Scott saw him appear behind the army woman. “Look out!” He exclaimed, but the man pistol whipped her, causing the woman to tumble to the ground. Seconds later, Scott pushed from the wall, his own Flattop leveled at the man, “Stay away from her, bastard! Or so help me, I will shoot!”

He didn't get the chance to follow through on the threat. While the man leveled his own gun at him and a tense sort of standoff broke out, in between him, the teenagers and the hunter a half eaten corpse rose up on shaky legs. Just like that, all around them on the one-way street, countless zombies … yes, real zombies this time – also came to life, moaning and dragging or crawling their way towards them.

Scott just stared and stared at the encroaching danger. “Shit.”

The man took that distraction. He stabbed his pistol in the back of his pants, slung the woman over his shoulder like a prize and then rushed off into the distance as the zombie shambled over to them. “Damn it!” He said, raising his own gun again.

“Save the ammo!” Meg shouted, and then rushed pass him, swinging her bat into the creature’s face, indenting it inward, smashing in its eyes, nose and teeth in a spasm of blood. It stumbled back a step. Meg did a side kick, catching it in its exposed ribs, and shoving it towards the line of zombies in the back.

A scream tore his eyes away from the fleeing figure of the kidnapper. It came from the little girl. She now ran towards the two, fleeing from the horde that closed in around her. Well, that answers the question of whether she’s human or not. The two started running towards her to meet up in the middle of the street. But they didn't get that far, for the kid stumbled over the outstretched arm of one of the zombies. It had its legs chewed off and now dragged itself across the asphalt. It grabbed onto the girl’s ankle, opened its mouth and –

Had its head cleaved in by Meg’s Easton.

The girl scurried back on her hands and knees, her teddie being scuffed up as she did. Scott then crouched down, looking her in the eyes, “Everything’s going to be alright.” He said in the calmest voice he could while oozing confidence, as though he knew it. “Just trust me, okay, kid?” Once he got a quiet nod from her, he turned his back to her, wrapped her arms around his neck, and then slipped one arm beneath her knees. “It’s just a piggy-back ride. Hold on tight and close your eyes.” With that he stood back up.

Only to see Meg nearly about to be overrun.

Scott let out three consecutive blasts to three different zombies, one to the chest, one to the arm (it was about to swing at her) and one, amazingly, through the head. Two went down, and then Scott ran after Meg as they head towards the truck.

For the first time, Scott glanced behind him to see the other man, the hunter, still out on the street. He gestured with the Flattop over to the truck, “Meet us over at the truck!” He shouted to the man, “We’ll pave the way!”

God help 'em, they'll have to.

.................................................................................................................................……………………………………….

OOC: I took some liberties with the girl and Carlos. I thought it would make more sense if a zombie rose in between them so that Scott and Joe (I didn’t put it in, but I’m assuming he had his gun up) would be distracted by it and not Carlos. I also thought a piggy-back would be easier than dragging the girl by hand and matching her pace.

PM me if there’s anything you want me to edit. 

Edited by WriterFourHire, 07 July 2014 - 10:40 PM.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

| Oleksander Koskinen and Benedikt Rasmussen

In mere moments things went downhill. It was Winston who moved first, grasping at the door handle as he urged the group to help save the little wailing girl out in the wilderness. It was very unlike the calm and cold Winston he had borne witness to before the survivors shuffled in in the morning. Something felt wrong about it all and soon he had his answer. For Ashe literally jumped over the counter to rally his cause coming across as a little too tough for civvies gathered there. What was she thinking, this was not Iraq or Afghanistan or any other god forsaken country they had operated in. Peeps here won't pipe down just because she was military, they would rather recite the 2nd Amendment and push their guns down her throat if they can help it. A more calmer approach was needed and seemed like ll of the survivors that came in the last round were hell bent to do the opposite.

First there was this petite little nurse who went about antagonizing the earlier occupants of the bar, going about her little speech in that 'holier than thou' mode. Then Ashe followed with her forceful request, then the owner of River's decided to jump up and give his support to the cause. Though he sounded the most reasonable of the lot, the timing that the redhead chose to just march out didn't help his effort. In the end, he too exited from the backdoor to reinforce her and two other teens hat had miraculously shown up in this mess to compound matters and all this left things inside the bar, out of balance. Started by the obviously pissed off deputy, the occupants pointed their weapons at the newer group. With a few pointed to Xander's countenance too now that he had chatted with Ashe. It was easy to let go of reason in such a time and he decided that he should break this situation before one of the newer ones had a chance to mess this up again.

With his hands up in the air, he looked straight at Deputy Dodders and asked in an even nonplussed tone "I was here since the start, deputy. So what's with this sudden hostility?"

The Deputy let his gun settle in a more general grip while still pointed at him as he spoke, "Easy. Soldier," pointing to Ashe. "Soldier," pointing outside to Maddie. "Soldier," pointing to Xander last. "I know you guys all stick together." with a bit of disdain.

"Well that maybe true in normal circumstances. But the situation is hardly normal, don't ya think?" Xander questioned him lightheartedly. He knew Deputy was a reasonable man and that he could settle this peacefully.

"I hope you're not seriously trying to suggest I just let you do as you please so you can just ninja-chop me in the neck later." he replied, staring down the iron sights again to hint his assumption."You guys want to stay, you de-arm, NOW!" this time a bit more forcefully than last time.

Before Xander could follow up on the order though "Sir, please, we mean you no harm." Ashe interjected, standing at parade rest. Without replying, Xander took out his M1911 and placed it over the counter. Raising his hands again. "There you go, Deputy." he said before turning to Ashe "And PLEASE Let me handle this, Major."

"Sir, I got you into this, so I beg your pardon, but no," she replied calmly. Turning to the Deputy, she removed her own handgun and placed it on the ground. "Sir, I promise you, we are not one of those creatures. I just want to help everyone to survive this madness." Xander's expressions softened a bit but he resisted a smile at Ashe'as reply choosing instead, to look at Dodders. At this time, an Unidentified man came forth from among the survivors "There's a way we can test if they're infected or not," he said."I have the cure right here." he added. "If they're infected, they won't be after this injection." before finishing.

"You have a cure?" Ashe exclaimed, staring hard at the man. "You could have prevented all of this! What were you thinking?" All the while she held out her arm, anger flashing in her eyes. To this the man remained calm and replied "I was thinking I could sell the formula and retire a wealthy man. Next thing I know, the entire town is infected." Xander could see the righteous anger still smoldering in Ashe's eyes so he decided to douse it the best he could.

"Please! Major. The way things have been, it is better you remain calm." he pleaded to her before turning to the deputy "So what do you say, Deputy? Wanna take this gentleman on the offer?"

Dodders was equally shocked at this revelation and let it be known through words as he replied to Xander, "I don't believe this... Go on, do it then! Then we can talk about this infection nonsense."

"Thanks, Deputy." Xander nodded at the policeman with a sincere smile. This had turned out exceedingly well as opposed to his assumptions. "How many shots you have, sir?" Xander inquired the man before turning to look around the bar and adding "There are quite a few who have earned the ire?".

"Just enough to share with..." replied the man, whatever he wanted to add, he didn't so Xander assumed a round about figure. There will still be a few unlucky ones but at least the situation was better now.

"My heartfelt thanks, sir." Xander replied with a curt nod to both the man and the deputy who in turn allowed a smile to replace his scowl.

[Meanwhile]

If her revelations weren't damaging enough Maddie made sure that peeps stuck in here will have a bone to chew upon as she nonchalantly walked up to the gate and then outside. Confident and in control, without a care for consequences. Ally on the other hand was consumed by envy, her prize had been snatched by the sharp redhead, talk about having a cake and eating it. As situation turned bad, she found a gun leveled at her form though she knew the man behind it well and couldn't help but give a wry smile.

Ras on the other hand had decided to go help Maddie but was stopped in his tracks with a Remington pointed straight at his face, his eyes staring down its greasy barrel. Its wielder sure had seen some action today as the smell of slugs was still fresh. It was Ally that spoke first.

"I ain't packing anything, Frankie. If you don't believe me, you can frisk me." adding after a pause "I survived mainly through the courage and power of this bear here." she said pointing to Ras who stood near the table.

"No need for that, hun. We have known each other for long enough to let that pass. But the situation demands that you remained seated." Frankie replied calmly, unlike Dodders he held his gun a bit more easily maybe because he had known Ally for about two decades or even more.

"Don't worry, darling. I ain't going nowhere. At least not anytime soon, had enough of the madness outside." Ally replied with a gentle smile.

"B-But Maddie is out there, Al." Ras replied with a shaky voice.

"And what about it, Ras? That's your problem, big man. Not mine." Ally replied coldly. "For all I know, your fiance" she said stressing the last part for good measure "..nearly got us killed in here. Hadn't it for good ole' Frankie."

"Officer! you got to help me here." Ras pleaded to Frank.

"Take your medicine, or take a birdshot to the face. Choice is yours." replied Frankie curtly, not wanting to hold conversation with the big Russian.

"Well give mine to Ally, She was bitten on the ankle. I'll survive a bit longer." He said calmly to the Deputy, going after Maddie was becoming an improbable reality now.

"Suit yourself. But since we can't test if you're sick any other way, I'm putting you in cuffs. That what you want, Or you want to help that girlfriend of yours?" Dodders replied joining in, after he had settled things on Xander's end.

"Though I wanna help, you guys are right. I hope she can handle herself. It's not that events here have left you much options." he brought down his hands and held them forward towards Dodders, palm facing down. There was nothing that he could do in this situation, the earlier he made peace with it the better. It was like St.Petersburg all over again. He couldn't help but let out a painful sigh.

"That won't be necessary," Dodders said after putting his handcuffs away. "Just stay there and behave yourself." Dodders was already moving over to the window to see what Ashe was looking at.

Edited by Diabolical Rhapsody, 04 July 2014 - 03:45 PM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Crouching Bacon

Crouching Bacon

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 528 posts
|Rick Titus
| Monday, 12:07 PM

Maddie's announcement left Rick in awe. Apparently, there was so much more to Ras than scotch and cigars.

"Damn. Well, I can't say I'm not happy for the guy. He looked like the type to die alone; glad he got some fine piece of ass to keep him company. Damn fine."

He beamed at Ras and gave him a thumbs up; the firefighter had earned his respect. The happy event helped him forget that near-rape incident in the kitchen. Rick decided to keep his switchblade in his pants pocket lest the situation require an emergency castration. That Earl was a man didn't bother him at all, he just didn't enjoy being on the receiving end. Not at all. There would be no more beautifully made risottos, as Rick valued the tautness of his fine, white ass.

"I can't believe he used rice as innuendo. I bet his dick's shrunk from misuse– he looks like the type to fuck potato sacks for fun."

Rick leaned quietly at the bar, eyeing the people around him. Some loser was sulking near Maddie, and everyone else was doing their own thing.

"Sour grapes?"

All of a sudden someone hisses. Eventually, they all realize the monsters have vanished, leaving their gruesome leftovers to rot on the streets.

------------------------------------------------------------------

| Monday, 1:31 PM

Drink orders dwindled and Rick finally had the chance to rest. He made himself a tall glass of non-alcoholic orange juice and nibbled on a piece of pineapple.

"Screw Earl and his risottos."

Just as people were sobering up and growing curious about what lay beyond the safety of The Old Victorian, someone spotted a girl just outside. It was only a matter of time before someone began formulating a rescue; a debate broke out just after some idiot rushed to open the door. Doctor Gong-Li vouched for a rescue as well, providing a medical argument as to why they should save the child. Rick had a counter-argument of his own, but he chose to keep his silence when Carlos spoke out.

Then the other woman who also worked the bar earlier walked right up to Winston, making an proposition to the group. It turns out that she was a Major Ashelyn Carter. Rick liked her arguement; she appealed to reason rather than emotion. Honestly, he wouldn't get out there to save the girl's hide, but he would definitely leave The Old Victorian if it meant he would survive. Plus, she was hot and she bitched on Carlos. Definitely an ally in Rick's books.

"Do you really believe that staying here were the right course of action?" K's voice rang out. On other days, the mere sound of it would make Rick smile as he imagined her cry out in ecstasy as she writhed under him. Now, he was filled with the overwhelming need to clap a hand over her mouth. She rambled on and on about how selfish everyone was, as if she were the next Messiah. Deputy Dodders shut her up with some well-deserved sass.

Thankfully before anyone could stab her, a pair of teenagers knocked on the window outside, distracting everyone.

“If you’re looking for vehicles, my brother and I came in a truck."

That caught people's interests. Apparently, these kids had better bargaining skills than most of the adults here.

Finally, Joe awoke. He began speaking to the crowd as well, talking some sense into them and disproving the Doctor's opinions. That brought a smile to his face. "Looks like boss ain't so quiet after all, when it matters." But then Joe decided to designate him as Ty's caretaker. Rick scowled; he and Ty could never get along, and it wasn't for lack on trying on his part.

Just as Rick was about to throw in his two cents, Maddie rose and made for the door. Joe followed her, but not without antagonizing Deputy Dodders.

"Holy fuck. You know what, Ras can keep that crazy chick."

Everything went to hell and people were taking guns out left and right. Rick grit his teeth, took K by the collar and pulled her behind the bar with him, wary of bullet ricochet.

"Kev, if I were you, I'd get my ass over here."

Kev could follow if he wanted to; he was old enough to know how to dive behind a counter to save his ass. He was also old enough to throw his life away, if he chose to be a hero. Either way, Rick couldn't risk any more bleeding from his wound by straining to lift a teenage boy. That and he couldn't care less about Kev. The only thing he cared about was right beside him.

Rick sighed as he took his switchblade out of his pocket, glaring at K.

"That speech you made earlier– don't talk like that. You are not Jesus. I know you want to save people, but jeez, K. You can't save anyone if you're dead. Remember that. These people ain't sheep. They're all wolves armed to the teeth, but lucky for us, we know how to fix 'em up. That's the ace up our sleeves; don't throw it away."

He took his bag, opened it, and looked around the counter for useful supplies. There was an ice pick, which he handed to K, and five paring knives, which he placed in his bag. They were no scalpels, but they would have to do. Finally, Rick refilled his hip flask with the strongest whiskey. It would act as both disinfectant and anesthesia in an emergency.

Peeping out from behind the couter to check on the situation, Rick saw that things have taken a turn for the worse. The corpses were now moving around.

"This just keeps getting better and better..." The paramedic grit his teeth. It was becoming clear that he was surrounded by idiots. He addressed the people closest to him in the clearest voice he could muster; itchy trigger fingers be damned.

"Now, I don't know anything about guns and all that, but it's pretty clear to me that we can burn them down." Rick took the lighter from his pocket and placed it on the counter. "Ever heard of Molotov cocktails? Back in the school, we survived because we burned those monsters down with a flask's worth of whiskey. Right now, we're in a bar with all the alcohol we can use. You people do the math. All I'm saying is that if we ain't drinking these things, we better put them to good use."

Rick hollered over to Brenda. "This round's on me. I'll pay for all the bottles we break... if we make it out of this."

Meanwhile, he placed a gentle but firm hand on K's head, keeping her down behind the counter. It would be best if people forgot about her, for now. She could make her appearance once again, when people start bleeding and looking for a Florence Nightingale to patch them up.

"What a waste of good liquor. What a goddamned waste."

Edited by the Paper, 04 July 2014 - 03:03 PM.

Posted Image "Don't make me ship you!"

Führer Itulhu

Führer Itulhu

Potato

• Donator
  • 145 posts
  • LocationThe place supported by the fallen

Kevin

Philipsburg, The Old Victorian

After Kevin Had downed his food more quickly than he should have the boy slumped back on the bar and started to drift off, but before that he noticed the man in the kitchen who had seemingly tried seducing Rick or something earlier, not the kind of guy Kev could stay around for long… gotta remember to dr- Kevin mumbled as he drifted off.

1:31

Kevin woke up all groggy to all the yelling and arguing going on, kevin wasn't going to get involved with the damned adults until he learnt what they were arguing about from K’s sudden outburst that by the sounds of it wasn't a good idea and kev hit his head on the table before lifting it back up.

Someone slammed what K said and everyone continued with their annoying need to voice their opinion, way too much was going on for Kevin to understand completely with all the violent tones and the guns that seemed to have been pointed at the newcomers, which included kev as they were now being accused of being monsters themselves, does everyone think with their bloody guns or something? Kevin thought as he raised his hands.

While some military guy was trying to defuse a situation Kev knew nothing about he tried to get the jist of the situation.

First was they were arguing about saving a girl, then about staying or going and some guy got up to go out himself and thats when everyone went on about the newer guys being monsters themselves as apparently there was a truck outside and it was all a trap.

Kevin decided to at least speak… though he was known to only make bad situations worse, “so umm do I have to have a gun pointed at me as well? i mean look at me i have no weapons I was clearly at school when this all started” Kevin decided not to mention the glass paperweight as it wouldnt matter much either way.

"Kev, if I were you, I'd get my ass over here.", only then did he notice Rick had pulled  K behind the counter, though Kevin didn’t feel like suddenly jumping and getting shot at. He then Heard Rick behind the counter.

“oh yea thanks for your brilliant idea of lighting the place up while we were in the toilets, really i owe you one for that” Kevin spoke quietly but loud enough so Rick could hear it before his full attention went back to the gun pointed at him…. really to have a gun pointed at him and to be called a monster, that was something new…. well maybe not exactly.

“Umm so could you really please lower your gun or something, I promise I don't have a weapon, here I will show you what I keep under my blazer” Kevin slowly and carefully went under his blazer with two fingers out as he very slowly pulled out a card. “see all I carry around my cards, and look around it seems the more harmful looking guys are getting let off a bit….” Kevin trailed off as he looked at the card he was holding.

“‘Even if you lose your way in the darkness, always remember that there is no everlasting night’” Kevin mumbled, “Oracle Queen, Himiko….a fitting card for the situation, she is one to see through lies and deception, said to be a shield that protects the country”

Kevin had started talking more nonsense to make himself seem as innocent as possible, he was good at that…. He just hoped his out of school ‘activities’ hadn't reached many adult ears.

DLHUZic.jpg?1

I encountered you.....

This world has chosen the reality and future that shouldn't have been chosen

That's Why I'm here

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!
Madeline "Maddie" Escanaba

Current Events~

Gingerly, the red-headed woman gradually began to make her way across the street to the terrified child, after truly confirming that she was only human of course. Cautiously, her fingertips reached forward to gently touch the child's shoulder comfortingly, and then she noticed something incredibly odd: just why were her eyes widening in horror? Even more importantly, just what was this massive headache, and why was the world going dark?

With the world utterly fading into the night of unconsciousness, the Alien collapsed onto the earth much due to the handiwork of a pistol's grip and Carlos' muscle.

What felt like hours later, stinging pain about her arms brought her to the realization that she was finally regaining what she had lost. Blearily, half lidded eyes opened to an unfamiliar scene in this new act. It was the peculiar rooftop of an unknown apartment, and the stinging pain upon her arms brought her attention to the razor wire that had begun to prick at her skin.

Trails of viscous green turned illusory crimson slowly flowed down her arms then, and with a miserable wince, Maddie did her best to insure that she wasn't moving at all in the least. Breathing was even a laborious effort, and biting down on balled up cloth; she realized why. First, whomever had brought her here had gagged her. Second, that person was now currently sleeping on her chest!

Tilting her head so she could see her kidnapper, the Alien's eyes flared in anger as her neck finally began to ache. It was the Peeping Tom from before! The lecherous bastard must've pistol whipped her! In a sudden jerk of violent motion, the Alien tilted herself to the side and literally rolled the man off of her and off of the bed down to the hardwood floor so that he'd be met with a painful collision.

Yet as he fell to the earth, she would pay the price as the wires dug further into her skin and a pained groan escaped her muffled lips.

Edited by Feisty-Pants, 09 July 2014 - 12:07 AM.

tumblr_o3sndbSAhX1qctrupo2_500.gif

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

nevernown

nevernown

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • Location-1x378DE022

Comrade Mirko

[The Old Victorian - South End]

All of a sudden, the bar was filled with people, so many people. Mirko let a small grin play around his lips, as he observed all the madness. Apparently, some people had been doing some 'celebrating', and others just got in... Oh that one kid seemed to be really crazed as well.

And now shit had been going down. In the time that Mirko had been dozing off, he had lost track of all that happened around him. He lifted his head from the table, Rummaged in his backpack, and then stood up.

"GUYS, Guys."

He could barely suppress his grin, instead he should play the sane guy now.

"I'm still a little hazy, and somewhat hung over, what the heck is going on? Why can't we all just get along?"

He slipped sometehing into his pocket, he would need that later.

"Now can we all just, like, lower all the scary weapons, and.. talk things out?"

He sighed dramatically, he should do something quick, first it seemed that outside was not safe, but now inside got unsafe as well. He began walking around, calm and steady, as to not trigger anyone's twitchy nerves. A scary amount of cutting and piercing was in one place here.

Then he looked outside, where apparently more shit was going on. This was obviously time to act.

"Now, if we assume that only humans can understand human speech, let's help people out a little, won't we?"

While talking, he had arrived at the door, he took out the package from his pocket, it looked like a duct-taped piece of clay, with a glass tube in it. Wityhout hestitation, Mirko opened the door...

"SAY CHEEEEEEEEEESE"

He threw the package, and slammed the door shut, whereafter he closed his eyes.

Outside, a bright flash blinded everyone who hadn't closed their eyes.

Edited by nevernown, 08 July 2014 - 06:06 PM.

Professional Titles, granted by forum-members: Hobbit, Wordsmith, Weirdo, Creep, Reachable Height, DJ, Bishie, Beautiful Poet, Professor, Dutchie-Boy, Writer, Pervy-Sage, Cookie, "Teia: Oh gosh", Geeky boy, Traitor, Stalker (more to be expected)

gkq0.png

Creativity
- Thoughts
- SoundCloud

Socrates

Socrates

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 273 posts

John (Doe)

Black and yellow, black and yellow: the sky and stars mirrored the frozen tar and broken stripes that ran along it. John moved along this unbroken path, shivering from the desert low. He bent his knees, and breaks for a moment, struggling to catch his breath. Dying from thirst, John lifts the metallic canteen to his lips, hoping for a drop, a trickle, a breath of life. Only a whiff of tarnished steel greets him. A gust of wind blows past him, slightly moving the blue bag draped across his back. It is with this that John stands back up, to prepare to continue again. He remembers he been here before. He remembers that he is heading east. And he remembers that he is close. He is so close. The area around John begins to light up. But he remembers that it cannot be the sun. He is so close. He begins to turn his head….

A scream! No, more of a cry. Of anguish, of loss, of despair. It is with that sound John opened his eyes to a bright table light. He was so close this time; so close to seeing what happened. Since John had come to Sanctuary that had been his only dream. Each and every single time he slept at night he would always get close enough to seeing the light. Sometimes he would try to walk to the west, in hopes that he could reach the light as it was heading towards him. But in every case, he would still just wake up with nothing learned.

John turned his head, shifting the contents of the blue bag that he was laying on. Around him people were clustered near the windows. Some were arguing at the doorway. He didn’t really know the people of Sanctuary, and most of them seemed to distance themselves away from him anyways. Out of all the people currently in the Old Victorian, he only knew Doctor Gong-Li, and barely at that.

“Hopefully Doctor Abbot is alright,” he thought to himself. Whispers and rumors talked of the hospital being a slaughterhouse for the creatures that were haunting them. The air was hot, depressing, and dark, and was on gradually becoming worse with the smell of food being cooked coming from the back. A haze had been over Old Victorian since the day had started, and only worsened as it had continued on. Still the crying continued.

John rolled off his bag, and stood up to find out where the crying was coming from. It wasn’t in the Victorian, but how could it be anywhere else? Passing through the crowd to the window, he saw the source of the pleas: a small girl, no older than seven years old, sat searching outside, wailing for her mother. John felt a tinge of pain for the girl lost in a sea of bodies; he himself didn’t know what was happening around him. But rather than it being the confusion of the day’s events, it was the confusion that had surrounded him for the past few weeks. It was depressing that one could not be in complete control of their own fate.

In a flash, someone had jumped outside, waking John from his stupor. People were circled around the door looking dumbfounded.

“When did they circle up? What have I been doing,” John thought. He noticed there were two teenagers outside the Victorian as well.

“Did I blackout again?” No one around him paid any attention to his whisper, as most were still confused as to what had occurred. A woman dressed as a soldier had somehow managed to escape the Victorian’s confinement and now was just walking towards the girl. Shouts and yelling echoed after her, while a middle-aged man screamed to the others. He quickly followed suit and left the diner. Now two people had left the Victorian, all for one girl. Why were they doing that? Why risk their skin? John looked at the two, who left, through the window. And then he knew. Looking at those two people made he finally recognize that he wasn’t ever facing the light: he was always running away from it. Every time the light came in the dream, he would force himself to wake up. He needed to choose his fate. And he knew that he wanted to follow those two.

With only moments to spare before the door was sealed, John pulled out the brown-bounded book and lighter in his blue bag. Praying that this would work, John ripped out the last couple pages from the book, crumpled them, and began lighting them on fire. He threw them at multiple different locations in the Victorian, and as he ran towards the door he began screaming:

“THEY GOT IN! THEY GOT IN! RUN! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!”

“FIRE! RUN! RUN FOR YOU LIVES!”

Lies of course, but in a crowded place, it would undoubtedly cause panic. John reached the door, which for a brief moment had become unguarded. He quickly opened the door, and jumped outside. And he knew that being here, outside with these two brave souls, was better than be crowded in the Victorian like an animal waiting to be slaughtered.

A brief jolt of pain went through John’s legs; John’s wounds had still not fully healed. The smell of a neck beard greeted John as he stood up. His eyes paired up with two soulless eyes, which lunged at him. Too slow, he thought. John planted his left heel, and easily pushed off the balls of his right foot, doing a little spin out of the way of the incoming attack. He paused on his pivotal turn, planted his right foot, and punched the undead creature right beneath its right ribs. Most of the flesh had been already torn up, and John’s fist pushed through the remaining strips that were still attached; John vomited a little in his mouth, feeling the innards of the creature wrap around his hand. The creature began to turn, but John recoiled fast enough with horror to pull his hand back out. Grimacing with disgust, John tried to wiping the bloody meat off on the ground beneath him.

“I wish I had Purell,” John frowned, hoping some sadistic genie would not corrupt his wish. He began to retreat from the creature that stared blankly at him; the damage to the creature’s side had no apparent effect on its movements, as it began to start toddling over towards him. John finally had a chance to survey around him; the middle-aged man was near the two teenagers and the small girl, fighting off the creatures that were following them. John’s brow narrowed, as he looked around some more. Where was Ms. Soldier? He continued to look around him, until his eyes narrowed on a pink shirt running through a crowd of creatures. Fire bobbed on the man’s back; John saw he was carrying the woman clad in body armor.

John took a step to the left: a hand passed right through the point where he had been standing. John bit his lip like a character right out of a mommy-made fan-fiction. The group to his right seemed like they were having a little issue with the creatures, but could he really help him? He had no weapons, and his punches apparently did nothing. He could dodge like Money May, but that would only help him. The rambling creature to his right paused and swung at him again. John kicked, pushing the creature even more off-balance, and onto the ground. Frowning, John turned his head one last time towards the group. They would be fine. Sighing with his decision made, he began jogging after the man in pink, dodging wildly thrown attacks from the creatures around him. His legs hurt, but Ms. Soldier needed help. She had risked her life for the girl, so John would do the same. And it was the fiery-light that beckoned to him.

Edited by Socrates, 08 July 2014 - 05:59 PM.

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts

| Monday, 1:52 PM

Tired of listening to the farmers and cowboys shout as they waved their guns at each other, Dr. Alice decided it was time for him to step in on behalf of his own well being. It wasn't his first choice of course, exposing himself like he was about to do, but this move would likely increase his chances of escaping Sanctuary alive.

If so, then he was all for letting these people in on what was likely going on, and how they could best stop it from getting any worse. Maybe once they had done all the heavy lifting and settled things down a bit for him, he would be in a better position to find an avenue of escape.

As far as Dr. Alice could tell, the army had yet to step in and make their presence known in any sort of obvious way. Sure, he had heard the drone flying overhead not too long ago and there was that massive explosion from awhile back, no doubt a tactical strike carried out by the military to get rid of an Omega, but if they weren't putting boots on the ground, it could only mean that they were content to just sit back and observe -- for now.

Controlled lab tests were one thing, but this is a live demonstration of what the unstable version of the virus could do, and that alone was worth the popcorn and price of admission. But this, these mutants and the mayhem they were causing, that wasn't what the stable version of the virus was designed to do.

Fiddling with the handle of his suitcase as it sat between his legs one last time, Dr. Alice thought long and hard about what he was about to say. He had to get the phrasing just right: not too much, and not too little, just enough truth to make his story believable.

He only had only managed to steal a few vials from the military base, so he needed to keep at least one safe. Otherwise he would have to start recreating them from scratch, and since only Dr. Knives knew the sequence for the alien DNA, it could take him years he didn't have to perfect the formula again.

As each second ticked by slowly, it seemed less and less likely that his original plan was going to come to fruition -- which was to sell all of the vials on the black market for a tiny fortune. Now... Now he was going to have to hope that that one vial would be enough to get him at least fifty million dollars. Groaning at his own misfortune, Dr. Alice emptied the glass of the Scotch he'd ordered and turned around to made his debut onto stage. he just hoped he wouldn't regret this too much later.

Across the street, inside one of the apartments overlooking the bar, Winston stood quietly dressing by a corner window, observing how Ashe and her new pet were somehow managing to diffuse the situation Winston had painstakingly setup for her to show him just what she was really made of.

He had just gotten rid of the false 'Winston' face and fishing hat, and now stood where he was with only a white pair of dress pants on. The rest of his attire was resting over a nearby chair.

To say that he was disappointed in Ashe, was an understatement. 'Winston' could practically feel the blood rushing to his face and staying there, giving him a headache and making his skin feel several sizes too small as it burned. Taking one of his cigars out of his mouth, Winston exhaled slowly, sending a trail of smoke passed his bare nipples, before speaking to himself.

"Oh Ashley... Why you do this to me, hmm? Why you do something like this, hmm? You don't lie with sheep, you foolish girl, you eat them!"

Closing his eyes for a moment, Winston flashbacked to the beautiful slaughter he had envisioned for her when he left everyone moments away from pointing their weapons at each other. In his mind's eye he saw how Ashe would react. How she would have finally had enough of their nonsense and just given up on trying to make them see reason.

But these cattle herders, they would have tried something stupid, because they always do, and Ashe would have, with rage burning in her beautiful eyes. Yes, Winston can still see it, see her reaching for her guns and unloading all of her ammunition into everything around... That was when Winston heard a floorboard creak behind him and snapped back to reality.

"Oh Ashley... Don't worry, my little kitten, I haven't given up on you just yet," he said as he rubbed his hands together. "There will be ample opportunities for slaughter within this amazing cage of ours," Winston decided then that he would have to settle on an animal name for Ashe. He recalled using a bunny to describe her before, but a cat seem more appropriate now. Or maybe a fox..?

Spinning around on his bare heel with lightning quickness, Winston grabbed the fiend that had snuck up behind him by it's upper and lower jaws. From where it stood behind him, it had been just about to swallow Winston's head whole but using only his brute strength, Winston stopped the creature cold.

Muscles rippling slightly, Winston forced the flailing creature's almost alligator-like jaws even wider than they naturally were able to. At the same time, Winston forced the creature to it's knees in front of him. From there, it was a simple task, simple for Winston at least, to impaled the creature's skull onto it own spinal column, until the top of it's neck stuck out of it's left eye socket.

Taking a moment to enjoy his artwork, Winston ripped the lower jaw from the carcass for use later as a makeshift axe. Turning back around, he continued dressing in the all white uniform The Company's members were know form.

It was symbol meant to show just how capable they were as killers, and Winston was one of their best. In total, he must have killed over a hundred men in close combat, while wearing his uniform, and to date, never once has a single drop of blood been spilled on his sparkling white threads. Even after what he had just done to the fiend, his pants were still pressed and clean.

Ashe would have looked even better in them, with her naturally white hair. Studying her one last time, Winston could see that Ashe had turned her dire situation around. Normally that would have meant a win for her, but just before he had left, Winston made sure that the door could never be sealed again.

One way or another, Ashe would have innocent blood on her hands. This would be her baptismal, her purification, and rebirth. First she'll blame herself of course, but then she'll put the bitten and infected out of their misery, and then kill those that might be infected before finally coming to find him. And he would be reeady for her, to take her under his wing. But before that, Winston had to deal with the hooded young man. He had also left the bar, which mean that the hunt was back on.

Between Mirko blindling everyone just before John started the fire, Winston sabotaging the already open front door, the zombies, and Rick's molotov cocktails: The Old Victorian never stood a chance. And so, before anyone could react to the flames as they waited for their vision to return to normal, the zombies marched fearlessly up the front steps and into the bar, literally falling on the those that were to slow to get away.

The other survivors that were still inside, tried desperately to force their way out of the back entrance while the deputies used their guns to keep the marching death at bay. But there were only so many bullets, and their vision was still far from perfect.

Behind the deputies, people trampled friends and neighbors to death while many more sustained deep gashes and concussions from being slammed into the various furnishings. The fire and the blindness alone could have been dealt with but when the zombies showed up to the party, people began using bottles of alcohol as weapons, bathing many of the undead creatures in flammable liquid, turning them into walking matches.

Worse still, while some small part of the zombies were still alive, the dead couldn't literally come back to life after all, enough of their bodies were dead and unfeeling enough that they were able to march through the flames without hesitation, helping to spread the fire.

Now, not only were there regular zombies, but fiery ones as well. These walking matches set everything within reach ablaze before finally crumbling to the floor and dying for the last time.

Giving up hope on getting everyone safely out the back entrance, Deputy Dudders threw a chair out of one of the front windows to make an exit for himself and whoever cared to follow him. His partner took advantage of this and dived out of the window, breaking his neck as he landed on his head.

"AS SOON AS YOU GET OUTSIDE, HEAD EAST!! HEAD FOR THE GUN STORE, AND THE GAS STATION!!"

That was all that the deputy could say as he used a chair to try and keep many of the walking corpses back while everything burned down around him. Eventually though, he would trip on one of the numerous bodies lying broken beneath him. The last thing anyone would see of the deputy, was him being crushed to death by a wave of burning carcases as they landed on top of him.

Out back, behind the bar, people ran madly for their lives. Bloody and bruised, several of them headed straight for the vehicle the two kids had arrived in, intent on taking it for themselves. Dr. Alice wasn't one of them, he was too busy trying to take off his lab coat before his elbow become anything more then a first degree burn.

He had managed to get escape the bar alive with his secrets still intact but it infuriated him just to know that if he had just kept his mouth shut a little longer, he still would've had all of his vials now. Screw just being glad to be alive, he was had just given away five-hundred million dollars worth of product -- for nothing!!

At least before, he thought he could have used the others to keep himself alive. But now? Now he was outside, vulnerable to attack. If he was forced to use the last vial to save his life, then he would be leaving Sanctuary with absolutely nothing.

How the hell did it all go south so quickly? Looking around for a way off the streets, Alice saw a manhole cover and had a brilliant idea. That group from the school had used the sewers to get around with no problem, surely he could accomplish the same with feat but with even better result! Without a second look at the bar, Dr. Alice ran towards what he believed would be his personal Shawshank Redemption.

Not too far away, with an exaggerated yawn and stretching of his arms, Carlos picked himself up off the abandoned bedroom floor and dusted off his clothes. He hadn't really been asleep atop the sergeant, but it was all he could do to stop himself from fondling her.

The temptation to do so, and more, had been just too strong, with her being completely at his mercy like she'd been, so he opted for something less 'wrong' but still sufficiently debauched as to cool his warm blood. Not that Maddie would ever thank him for his self control. Women were funny like that.

Looking back on everything now, Carlos couldn't believe just how badly things had gotten, or how out of control. He had just gotten too caught up in the argument, he reasoned. So when Maddie stormed out of the bar like she'd done, he followed her outside without thinking. His intention was to drag her kicking and screaming back inside the bar, for her own safety.

If he'd been thinking clearly, he would have just locked the door behind her little army ass, and left her and everyone else outside to rot and die painfully. It was a monster-eat-human world out there, and if people like her couldn't dig deep and rise to the occasion, then that was their fault alone.

Playing hero would only get you killed outside. But did he take his own advice? Nope! Instead he'd raced out after her like a jealous boyfriend, probably because she'd made some stupid face at him earlier. And now here they were. What the hell... How was he even supposed to come back from this. He couldn't. There was no going back for him now, for either of them.

Carlos had thought about making up some crazy excuse, before tying her to the bed, about how she'd been hit in the head by one of those zombies. But they hadn't even risen by that point. Plus there were the other survivors, some of them must have seen him konk her out. Those kids outside certainly had, the boy at the very least. He had screamed like a little woman. "Stawp!" Or something like that. Anyway, how could Carlos ever go back to the bar now, after this?

Walking around in the hastily abandoned studio kitchen, Carlos saw way too many knives for a small family to ever need, and reached out to take one to use to clean his nails. It helped calm his nerves.

The simple fact was, he wasn't a cold blooded murderer. But if he left her here, that's what he'd be doing -- killing her. If he killed her, as a mercy so she wouldn't get eaten by those things, or so she didn't come back as a zombie, he'd still be killing her. Carlos just didn't know what to do, or what he could say to the people back at the bar. If, if, if. He'd still assaulted her. They'd shun him for that, most certainly. There were no options left... Except maybe one.

If Maddie spoke on his behalf, then maybe things wouldn't be so bad. But now she was awake, and knew he tied her up and gagged her. Sure, he'd panicked and did all of that so she wouldn't wake up and break his arm in three places. But now?

The whole thing almost made him wish that he actually was a monster, then this would be so easy. Then he'd... Then he'd never of even followed her outside..? What did that even meant?! Was he being human now, and his other self was the monster?! The hell kinda logic was that?!

Carlos could feel his skull splitting just thinking about it. Maybe he was infected? No! Wait... Fuck! He... he needed to talk this out with her, maybe it wasn't as bad as it seemed from her point of view. Carlos needed more options, so, making up his mind, he walked over to the bed and removed Maddie's gag.

"Hey, sorry about that... You were having a seizure or something, so I had to tie you down before you started attracting those things outside," it suddenly occurred to Carlos then that holding down someone while they were having a seizure, was the worst thing anyone could do. But in this case, playing stupid was better than playing the murderer.

"Look, one of those things must have..." 'Must have? Don't sound unsure!' "...like, with their tail or something, knocked you out. I tried to get you back inside the bar, but then more showed up. Anyway, so I ran... How are you feeling." Carlos hadn't realized that he'd brought the knife with him, over to bed.

OOC

Spoiler

Edited by Black Naifu, 11 July 2014 - 08:09 PM.

“It's all about Power."
"We control the World."

Blue Flaming Wings

Blue Flaming Wings

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 358 posts

Scott had thought things couldn’t get any worse.

He should have known better.

A swarm of zombies on all sides, a little girl on his back, a kidnapped woman and a lone hunter caught up in it all. All of that within a quick span of moments. He felt the burn in his legs as he pushed himself faster than he ever ran before. Meg kept pace with him a few feet ahead (with no visible strain, at that). A bang of his revolver later and one of the undead careened back with its forehead blown off, then up ahead Meg twisted her body and let her Easton fly – the same move that used to herald a homerun now gave way to the sight of one of those monsters tumbling backwards – arms and legs askew.

But they made progress. They cut a path through the zombies as they said they would, opening the way for the hunter behind them. It also helped that many of the zombies headed towards –

The Old Vicotrian lit up in flames.

The teenagers hadn’t seen the scraps of paper be tossed within, didn’t hear or see the flashbang behind them, as the zombies obscured it, but when the zombies broke through the door (Later, Scott would wonder about that. Shouldn’t it have been locked after the scumbag kidnapper got through?) chaos broke loose. He could feel the heat behind him. Scott stopped, his legs freezing on him, as he craned back to see the lit zombies charge through the bar – lighting up chairs, tables, the counter and the carpeted rug as well. He heard several gunshots, but the horde kept pushing in. But more than all that, he saw the backdoor of the bar be pushed open, saw several panicked survivors course out into the street. Some of which were …

“They’re gonna steal the truck!” Scott shouted, and the duo pushed on.

They had a head start on the newcomers. Hell, even the hunter, who seems to be dealing with some sort of injury and moved slower due to it, had a head start on the newcomers. But the problem was that the hunter stood out in the middle of the street, with zombies pressing on all sides, while those who had fled from the Old Victorian ran away from the street, in the back alleys behind the line of shops. Though farther away they had less obstacles on their way to the truck.

But nevertheless, the duo (trio with the girl) made it to the truck before them. Meg got behind the driver’s wheel while Scott took the passenger’s seat, with the kid wedged between them. Meg started up the truck with a rumble of the engine.

Then she went into reverse.

“What are you doing?”

“We need to head back and pick some of them up. They’ll die out here.”

“They were trying to steal the truck! Leave us to die out here! Besides, we don’t have enough room!”

“We can at least save one.”

“Even if it’s one that’s – ” Scott was going to protest, but stopped at the sight of the hunter a bit down the road. The flames from the Old Victorian casted shadows over him, even as the undead fell before him it wouldn’t be long before he was completely overrun. “Him.” Scott said, pointing at the man. “He’s less likely to make it than the others who aren’t in the street. Besides, I did promise.”

Meg nodded. “Right.”

With that the truck lurched and did a U-turn – nicking one of the zombies and sending it flying into a building. “The truck can’t handle smacking into them like that,” Scott said, “try to avoid them!”

The truck weaved around the zombies as best it could, but still this was a one-way street. Narrow enough that avoiding them completely was impossible. But still, at the sound of a speeding truck heading towards them many of the zombies stopped in their tracks, allowing the hunter to clear away one last one – opening his path to the truck.

From the passenger seat, Scott gestured to the bed of the truck, “Hop on!”

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

| Benedikt Rasmussen and Rosie Allison.

Ras could se why the newcomers had earned enemies so quickly. They acted like they always do and add to that the stress on the unusual circumstances it made them stand out, perhaps a bit too much for comfort. Simply because, Rick in all his carefree attitude decided to ignore the efforts of One-eye and the Major and even was straightforward enough to suggest hurtling Molotovs from the liquor reserve they had going in the bar. Now, those who knew him a bit more than the peeps gathered here would easily discern that he was just running his mouth without much forethought, but the group here would take it otherwise and that was not good.

But, before Ras could step in to remedy the situation, it seemed that like before there wasn't just a single saboteur because one fine gentleman who had just been lounging and sleeping his head off amongst the hubris decided to put his two cents and by two cents I mean a shitty suggestion and a flashbang. Ras was thoroughly perplexed by the actions of this crazy man and he also managed to notice the attempts of another misguided youth, who had been eyeing Maddie for a while the situation turn dour, take matters in his own hands and act like an idiot. Committing arson and doing his bit to worsen an already sticky situation.

The flashbang worked well, not for the living though. As the undead hurtled in with the cover of blindness, of how they breached the door was a bit unsettling but as Ras decided to follow the young man out, he did notice signs of localized damage on the barrier, that seemed like specialized work than mindless thumping. They were quickly overwhelmed because the dead didn't had to care for bodily harm while the survivors were exactly hindered by that one fact.

He shoved Ally behind him and took a firm grasp of his axe, which had curiously been by his side all this while. Deputy Dudders and  Frank had been true to their word, as they started firing as soon as a little semblance of surroundings could be made by their eyes. But they were quite off-mark and the ricochet of a few barely missed Ras as friendly fire was a new demon that the group was facing.

Big Earl had been doing much better than most as he and Brenda had decided to gather the survivors and guide them through the back door. There was crowding and the walk through was small but One-eye and Major fought bravely at its mouth to keep off the undead from breaching that. Grasping Ally with his left he brought her next to him

"I need you to follow them out. Stick close to that Major!" he said calmly, swinging his axe and dislodging a head off a zombie. Dudders and Frankie were holding a makeshift line.

"But-" Ally hesitantly stated before being cut-off by Ras.

"No buts!, you made it clear that Maddie was mine to save. I'll be doing exactly that now." he said with a cold tone, not a hint of a prior warmth or worry he had earlier. Ally jus stared at his back in reply, trying to pierce through it if she could. She had that all familiar envy building up inside.

"Don't you go die for that careless bitch!" she said a bit irritated.

"I don't need to be told what to do, Al. You are not yourself, go on and save yourself. I'll hopefully meet up later." he said without turning to her, his concentration on what was before him.

"Don't do this Ras!, Please!! You'll end up dead" Ally's tone changed, to a softer, shakier shade as she pleaded him to reconsider.

"I'll cut a path up to the duo near the counter, make sure you get out of this hell alive, please do that for me." he aid as he ignored her earlier reply. Moving ahead forceful as he cut into the undead with short, powerful swings enough to make the assailants totter and imbalanced and a few dead again. As the duo made their way up to the Major and One-eye, Ras said a final goodbye before barging out from the front door, pushing out the zombies in the way.

Meanwhile, Frank had found a bizarre way to die, years of uneventful job, a beer gut and the seat setting in the bar hadn't helped his cause as he jumped out awkwardly and landed on his head, breaking his neck. The boy he was after was quite a few paces ahead from him, tottering and dodging his way from the undead. Joe was in the middle of the street, sending the undead back to the reaper. The children from before had proven worthy as they came for him, sliding and weaving their way past the horde and the girl that was the start of this situation was nestled between the two teenage kids in the front seat.

Ras kept his mind towards the hunch, for him to find Maddie he somehow knew that he had to follow the kid. So he just dodged where he could and dislodged heads where he had to engage the zombies. Catching up to the kid slowly.

Ally meanwhile had grabbed the grill spike from Earl's kitchen and headed out from the backdoor, racing towards the Gas Station as suggested by the Deputy in his last moments.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler