Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Tokyo Ghoul Anime is coming out!

news anime

• Please log in to reply
664 replies to this topic

Old McDonald

Old McDonald

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 850 posts

Opening theme: "unravel" by TK (Toru Kitajima) from 凛として時雨 (Ling Tosite Sigure).

And the Tokyo Ghoul ad in Young Jump: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3078986377

Edit: An excerpt of the opening theme: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3079294249

Edited by Old McDonald, 01 June 2014 - 09:57 AM.

Old McDonald

Old McDonald

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 850 posts

Well, the CM just aired. A picture has surfaced: https://twitter.com/nandakaomo/status/473088420139388928/photo/1

I will look for more info on twitter...

More shots: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3079768323

Full CM: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3079788024. In the commercial, Kaneki's voice can be heard... And there is a small change compared to the manga: For some reason, Touka doesn't wear a wig when she is fighting Mado...

Alternative YouTube link (low quality):

The video's title is wrong: It's not PV2, it's CM2.

Edited by Old McDonald, 01 June 2014 - 02:21 PM.

bakaneki

bakaneki

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 39 posts

Never heard of People in the Box before and I'm too lazy to check their videos on youtube. They better be good :P

Ling tosite sigure's song in Psycho-Pass OP was epic, I have high expectation for the OP! 

This is just a commercial and the second PV will come later, am I right? Cause the CM was too damn short, only 30 seconds >,< Need to hear more Natsuki Hanae as Kaneki..

Edit: Did they also change the setting? The setting when Touka unleashed her kagune looks unfamiliar and she's not even wearing her mask...

Edited by kanekichi, 01 June 2014 - 02:48 PM.

Old McDonald

Old McDonald

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 850 posts

Yeah, it's only a commercial. The PV2 will have a bit more content. For example, they will show Uta and Tsukiyama. But I don't know if the scenes from this commercial will be incorporated into the PV, too.

Edit: Did they also change the setting? The setting when Touka unleashed her kagune looks unfamiliar and she's not even wearing her mask...

No, they didn't. You are just thinking of the wrong arc. This is a scene from the fight with Tsukiyama inside the chapel.

bakaneki

bakaneki

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 39 posts

Ah! *facepalm* Haha I was afraid if they might change too many and getting paranoid

So, we still don't know when the second PV gonna come out?

Old McDonald

Old McDonald

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 850 posts

Ah! *facepalm* Haha I was afraid if they might change too many and getting paranoid

So, we still don't know when the second PV gonna come out?

Perhaps they will add something from the light novel? As far as I know, there are some nice little stories in there... For example, I think there is one about
Spoiler

No, it's not known yet when PV2 will come out. Next week probably.

bakaneki

bakaneki

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 39 posts

Oh that sounds nice! I'm completely clueless about the ranove so if they decide to add some material from it, I'm more than happy ^^

Same CM but better quality >> http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1xx3pa

Old McDonald

Old McDonald

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 850 posts
Kaneki says at the beginning of the commercial: "This world is wrong!"

Edit: lol, ANN got Kaneki's line wrong. According to them, he says "Hunting is wrong!" But in reality, Kaneki says "kono sekai wa machigatte iru! (この世界は 間違っている!)" or "This world is wrong!", and it's originally one of Amon's lines (see chapter 25 or so). I don't know what they heard.

Edited by Old McDonald, 01 June 2014 - 05:50 PM.

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain

Edit: lol, ANN got Kaneki's line wrong. According to them, he says "Hunting is wrong!" But in reality, Kaneki says "kono sekai wa machigatte iru! (この世界は 間違っている!)" or "This world is wrong!", and it's originally one of Amon's lines (see chapter 25 or so). I don't know what they heard.

Pffft! LOL :D Hah. Well, everybody makes mistakes?

Aside from that, do you think that we won't see our beloved "creepy faces" in the anime?

Can't decide

Traumatic Tomato

Traumatic Tomato

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 203 posts

Personal CM rating:

Animation: A- (Looks pretty modern, doens't look unique but still stylish)

Voice: B- (I want to hear distortion in the voices of ghouls, like how the manga makes a black text bubble when they're talking.)

Style: B- (Reminds me of Fire Emblem: Awakening)

BGM: B+ (Nice touch with the Gothic theme)

Overall: B+ ~ A-

It doesn't follow closely with the manga but it damn well looks like it can deliver. Too early to judge but I hope it's going to make as much hype as Shingeki no Kyojin did.

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain

I hope it's going to make as much hype as Shingeki no Kyojin did.

I'm really wishing that to happen.
Can't decide

Old McDonald

Old McDonald

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 850 posts

Voice: B- (I want to hear distortion in the voices of ghouls, like how the manga makes a black text bubble when they're talking.)

Maybe the voice actors just use a deeper voice? I can't really tell from the CM. I think it's better if they don't try to distort the voices artificially, such a sound effect can be really silly.

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain

Maybe the voice actors just use a deeper voice? I can't really tell from the CM. I think it's better if they don't try to distort the voices artificially, such a sound effect can be really silly.

Agreed.
Can't decide

Ket'lane

Ket'lane

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationFrance

Actually, he does say "This world is wrong", the beginning of the CM was cut. ^_^  Here is a full version:

Spoiler

Imo, the animation is pretty good. I wasn't expecting any voice effects for the ghouls, so I'm not disappointed. I also liked the music (less than the one in the first PV, though), as well as what I heard of the opening theme. So far, I'm pretty happy with what was shown of the adaptation.  :)

Edited by Ket'lane, 02 June 2014 - 02:07 PM.

Old McDonald

Old McDonald

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 850 posts

Actually, he does say "This world is wrong", the beginning of the CM was cut. ^_^ 

I never asserted that "Hunting is wrong" is the right translation? I always said it's "this world is wrong". I just found it funny that ANN's translation was totally wrong.

Ket'lane

Ket'lane

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationFrance

I never asserted that "Hunting is wrong" is the right translation? I always said it's "this world is wrong". I just found it funny that ANN's translation was totally wrong.

My bad... I hadn't seen the article on ANN...  :blush:

Old McDonald

Old McDonald

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 850 posts

PV2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O4b5psUJJg&feature=youtu.be

Spoiler

Also additional character designs:

Hide:
Spoiler

Yoshimura:
Spoiler

Nishiki:
Spoiler

Mado:
Spoiler

Amon:
Spoiler

See also this news site for images where the character designs don't overlap.

Edited by Old McDonald, 04 June 2014 - 04:12 PM.

bakaneki

bakaneki

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 39 posts

Spoiler

Btw, from what I heard so far, I still think that Mitsuki Saiga (Kaneki in manga pv) is better VA for Kaneki. What do you think?

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain
Even the second trailer is silent?
PV2 is really good but doesn't tell much about the story...

Spoiler

Btw, from what I heard so far, I still think that Mitsuki Saiga (Kaneki in manga pv) is better VA for Kaneki. What do you think?

I loved Mitsuki Saiga very much as Kaneki, but I don't think the new guy is bad.
Can't decide

bakaneki

bakaneki

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 39 posts

Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't think Hanae Natsuki is bad, but I  just prefer Mitsuki Saiga :D