Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Tokyo Ghoul Anime is coming out!

news anime

• Please log in to reply
664 replies to this topic

s2002000124

s2002000124

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I don't know if you guys are aware of it or not, but it is confirmed that Tokyo Ghoul is making the anime version.

I am new to this forum, in fact I just made a account here to share the joy to other Tokyo Ghoul's fans.

Proof

ENy4tYw.jpg

knightreaper989

knightreaper989

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationJamshedpur,India

It would be great if its long and covers more story.It is one of my favorite mangas after all

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain

A trailer is already out! :D

Can't decide

Velvedeer

Velvedeer

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationIsamu

A trailer is already out! :D

Link if possible?

"Exams/Finals are coming up soon."

tumblr_mz0g2ooPDG1toaxy5o1_500.gif

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain

Link if possible?

Ah, it's actually the PV .. You arleady watched it, right?

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-z_rG7M3tA

Can't decide

I_enjoy_reading

I_enjoy_reading

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

I was just thinking to myself, 'wow, self - it would be great if I could share this manga with the people around me who, for some reason, refuse to read things.'

Seems I spotted this thread a bit late, but... thanks to everyone who contributed.

I really didn't think there was any way that this manga would NOT have been turned into anime.. it's fawlking great to see that it is actually happening, though!

Knight K

Knight K

Potato

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • LocationCHILE, santiago

Ah, it's actually the PV .. You arleady watched it, right?

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-z_rG7M3tA

but the PV isn't for the anime, but for the manga. it shows the 8th volume but the one where the announce the green-lit for the anime is on the 10th.

Edited by Knight K, 03 March 2014 - 06:54 PM.

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain

but the PV isn't for the anime, but for the manga. it shows the 8th volume but the one where the announce the green-lit for the anime is on the 10th.

Yes, the PV is for the manga.

However, the studio that is working on Tokyo Ghoul anime is already revealed now! Studio Pierrot.

http://tokyoghoul.wikia.com/wiki/Tokyo_Ghoul_(anime)

The offical twitter for the anime:

https://twitter.com/tkg_anime

We will see the trailers very soon, no worry! :D

Edited by Jassim Al-Madeh, 08 March 2014 - 12:58 PM.

Can't decide

Traumatic Tomato

Traumatic Tomato

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 203 posts

You mean the studio that turned Beelzebub anime into a pile of dog heapings? Oh gods no, change it to Studio BONES plz.

Edited by Hard Tomato, 05 March 2014 - 02:24 AM.

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain

You mean the studio that turned Beelzebub anime into a pile of dog heapings? Oh gods no, change it to Studio BONES plz.

I don't really have knowladge of anime studios...

But maybe Beelzebub is their only failure? :D What about their succeed works?

I don't like the idea of shitting Tokyo Ghoul :(

Can't decide

gundamgundam

gundamgundam

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts

You are talking about the same studio who brought us masterpieces like The twelve Kingdoms. The reason Beelzebub turned into trash wasn't the studio, was the director. In every series he has directed, he has the story altered and very important parts cut/missing without any apparent reason in the worst possible fashion. The problem with big studios like Pierrot is that: they are too big, so the quality of the series depends on who is chosen to be the director. They are very different compared to studios like Kyoto Animation, who is comparatively small and thus has the advantage of having the same people working on every series, so the quality is uniform.

The fate of Tokyo Ghouls will be decided when they announce who is going to direct it: Will it be the director of Beelzebub? Or the director of The twelve Kingdoms?

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain

You are talking about the same studio who brought us masterpieces like The twelve Kingdoms. The reason Beelzebub turned into trash wasn't the studio, was the director. In every series he has directed, he has the story altered and very important parts cut/missing without any apparent reason in the worst possible fashion. The problem with big studios like Pierrot is that: they are too big, so the quality of the series depends on who is chosen to be the director. They are very different compared to studios like Kyoto Animation, who is comparatively small and thus has the advantage of having the same people working on every series, so the quality is uniform.

The fate of Tokyo Ghouls will be decided when they announce who is going to direct it: Will it be the director of Beelzebub? Or the director of The twelve Kingdoms?

The Director is Shuhei Morita. :)

Morita is nominated for an Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film for the 2013 film Possessions.[1]

Edited by Jassim Al-Madeh, 08 March 2014 - 01:06 PM.

Can't decide

Nyuu3

Nyuu3

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 82 posts

So he's pretty new to all this? Uhhh. I mean, it's better than someone who's already established himself as terrible and his shorts do seem up my alley at a glance, but I wonder if he can really do well here. I've been worried ever since I saw the studio, honestly. Everything I've seen from Pierrot was bland. Kinda okay at most, sometimes abysmal. I was excited when I heard one of my favourite manga's getting an adaptation, but I'm gonna cry if they screw this one up.

Suwa

Suwa

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts

If they do the same with this as they did with Pupa (as in a 4 min shorty) I'll personally travel to Japan and kick as many balls I possibly can.

zombiemop

zombiemop

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

If they do the same with this as they did with Pupa (as in a 4 min shorty) I'll personally travel to Japan and kick as many balls I possibly can.

yes that will infuriate me as well Pupa could have been really great as an anime and instead is reduced to a state of being bland and full of holes because the story cannot be properly explained in the time fame (also the one where the entire time she's just eating her brother is just weird) don't know i to do spoilers so i just changed the font to white so you have to highlight to read the important part

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain

The anime will start someday in 7.2014 :)

Can't decide

Traumatic Tomato

Traumatic Tomato

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 203 posts

Most of the staff seem fairly new to the business. That could make or break the anime, but we'll see. New trailer comes out at 3/22-23

Traumatic Tomato

Traumatic Tomato

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 203 posts

The launch site is out: http://www.maql.co.jp/special/tokyoghoul/

Not sure what to expect from the trailer this coming weekend, it looks like they're going for stereotypical battle anime than psychological horror. Hopefully they don't mess this up by just throwing in random fan-service and comedy to make it look 'appealing' to appease a modern audience. That would completely miss the point and drive the anime straight to the ground. What I'm hoping for instead is the way Ishida used cinematic view in the earlier chapters (darkening the outer borders like they normally use in flashbacks) to make the atmosphere feel like the setting just got darker and mysterious (I guess Ishida stops doing that in the later chapters because editors probably though that would use up too much ink). Kaneki is constantly reminded of human mortality and how ghouls are these abnormal homicidal beings who take out human innards like a steaming buffet. Make it scary while keeping some battle elements, the best studio for this would have been Shaft for their cinematic technique and transition (not so much for their dialogue cards) like they show in Kizumonogatari trailers.

From this:

Spoiler

Transition dark panels to next scene:

Spoiler

Edited by Hard Tomato, 20 March 2014 - 12:40 PM.

Old McDonald

Old McDonald

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 850 posts

Not sure what to expect from the trailer this coming weekend, it looks like they're going for stereotypical battle anime than psychological horror.

We will see. The launch site doesn't really tell us anything. The story synopsis is written like the synopsis in the volumes. It's directly quoting Amon's "This world is wrong".

Hopefully they don't mess this up by just throwing in random fan-service and comedy to make it look 'appealing' to appease a modern audience.

Comedy? As long as that just means more of Touka bossing Kaneki around, I'm in on it. But fan-service would destroy Touka's and Hinami's characters.

What I'm hoping for instead is the way Ishida used cinematic view in the earlier chapters (darkening the outer borders like they normally use in flashbacks) to make the atmosphere feel like the setting just got darker and mysterious (I guess Ishida stops doing that in the later chapters because editors probably though that would use up too much ink).

If they really wanted to reduce the ink, they would tell Ishida to reduce his sophisticated backgrounds that he uses nowadays. Just like it was at the beginning.
I think the main reason why the cinematic view vanished is that the series mostly lost its focus on this kind of horror after the prologue.

Kaneki is constantly reminded [...] how ghouls are these abnormal homicidal beings who take out human innards like a steaming buffet.

That's true during the prologue, but it's not so true afterwards. Kaneki isn't reminded all the time that ghouls are abnormal homicidal beings. Rather, he realizes that most of them are just like humans. (Admittedly, there are ghouls like that: Rize, Tsukiyama, Yamori. But their show time isn't that long.) Also, Kaneki just gets used to it.

I'm seriously worried about Tsukiyama's voice... There aren't many who can voice such an eccentric guy well.

Traumatic Tomato

Traumatic Tomato

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 203 posts

I'm seriously worried about Tsukiyama's voice... There aren't many who can voice such an eccentric guy well.

I think Mamoru Miyano would be a good fit. Someone who can sound like a quirky tall jester like Rinatro Okabe but with a laugh full of malice.