Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

CHAPTER 45 - Mein's Love Confession

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

oliverwashere

oliverwashere

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Locationthe chasm of sleep

She could just only be missing because she's been captured and held prisoner. Her confession and his acceptance is kind of surprising and sweet though. She wasn't really one of the main contenders in my mind when compared to Leone, Akame, or Esdese.

Harbinger

Harbinger

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts

Her confession in a nutshell:

n82etfG.jpg

Looking for translated light novels?

Baka - Tsuki

There are MANY translated light novels, including Highschool DxD, Toaru Majutsu no index, Infinite Stratos, Seirei tsukai no kenbu AND Date a live (the Manga adaption of which got cancelled after chapter 6)

Fluffyknowsyou

Fluffyknowsyou

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 61 posts

uh, yeah, for sure, let's hope the author doesn't go that route...........what's her name ending up with her head on a post was already pretty bad.  >_<

Chelsea :(

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Chelsea :(

Chelsea, exactly, the make-up box teggu girl. Yup, for the most part, as a reader I don't like seeing bad things happen to my main characters.........yeah, this title's been kind of a rough one for that.  :D

Tn7HA0h.png

Freenight

Freenight

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 36 posts

Chelsea, exactly, the make-up box teggu girl. Yup, for the most part, as a reader I don't like seeing bad things happen to my main characters.........yeah, this title's been kind of a rough one for that.  :D

The whole damn series swings between two extremes, Masochist or Sadist. For most readers, they read the manga, fall in love with the characters and pretty much get 'diced up' inside every time someone gets diced up and still comes back for more. In other words, M Few(like yours truly) or possibly a lot(goodness knows there are a lot twisted people out there, not excluding myself), truly enjoys Esdese's antics and methods of torture. The more I like a character the more I want to see them gutted. Though I like Esdese's actions, can't say I like her really, a swift death delivered by Tatsumi suits her just fine. Akame is pretty much a bore, may she live a thousand years in the story. There was Seryuu, the most pitiable creature in the story(some may disagree thanks to her crazy demeanor when delivering 'justice'). Though I must say when I first started this, I really didn't expect to see Schere's death so soon. I didn't even get the chance to really know her. Chelsea was great, her death gave a solid blow to the morale of Night Raid. Now we have our dear sweet Mein. Oh, and a few dudes kicked the bucket(Kinda hard for me to like male characters but with the exception of Brad's innuendo towards Tatsumi and that weird Doctor, the guys are mostly okay).

With that said, I'll be glad however this turns out.
1. Mein gets her love and stays with Tatsumi until the series ends
2. She gets diced in the upcoming chapters, in front of Tatsumi. Method of elimination to be decided
3. She survives but doesn't get Tatsumi. Tatsumi gets someone else(hopefully not Akame). <---most probable choice if the mangaka wants to keep her alive in the story.

Now let us do the most enjoyable thing for us readers, wait and see what he comes up with next.

"Fukitsu wo todoke ni kitase" - Train Heartnet
"You'll go no further. For her sake, I will not fail" - Ash

Spoiler

20.jpg

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Spoiler

Yes, all very true. And yes, I too find Akame pretty damned boring.   :D

Tn7HA0h.png

Julian_Ex

Julian_Ex

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

I predict that 60% chances she will be kill, 35% chances she will get rape and torture but kept alive. remaining 5% she's alive and nothing happen.

nasserq11

nasserq11

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts

is it wrong that i want mein to die

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Absolutely not. I've personally always found her to be a little on the whiny side.  :)

Tn7HA0h.png

nasserq11

nasserq11

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts

Absolutely not. I've personally always found her to be a little on the whiny side.   :)

What i want is him being with Akame the one with long hair cursed sword

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

What i want is him being with Akame the one with long hair cursed sword

Oh, Akame, eh? I like Akame, though I guess to me she's never really stood out as much as I'd expect a title character to. Still can't figure that one out, how the heck does she actually qualify as the title character anyway?

Tn7HA0h.png

nasserq11

nasserq11

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts

Oh, Akame, eh? I like Akame, though I guess to me she's never really stood out as much as I'd expect a title character to. Still can't figure that one out, how the heck does she actually qualify as the title character anyway?

Tatsumi, Akame, and Mein are the 3 main characters according to myanimelist so she's probably gonna be the main focus later on in the story line or probably have more of a lead in the anime that coming out

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Tatsumi, Akame, and Mein are the 3 main characters according to myanimelist so she's probably gonna be the main focus later on in the story line or probably have more of a lead in the anime that coming out

I suppose, it just seems like Tatsumi's the clear-cut MC.......I mean, sure, there's been a pretty large cast and all with plenty of long-running, charismatic characters.......but still, Tatsumi's obviously the MC. Oh well, not that I really think it should be named after him (or named whatever) but I still don't get Akame being the title character............I've got a feeling her name just lent itself to making the coolest sounding title.  :D

Tn7HA0h.png

nasserq11

nasserq11

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts

I suppose, it just seems like Tatsumi's the clear-cut MC.......I mean, sure, there's been a pretty large cast and all with plenty of long-running, charismatic characters.......but still, Tatsumi's obviously the MC. Oh well, not that I really think it should be named after him (or named whatever) but I still don't get Akame being the title character............I've got a feeling her name just lent itself to making the coolest sounding title.   :D

He is the MC but looks like Akame is the Heroine 

Sukigorawr

Sukigorawr

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I dunno if you have the power to do this OP, but, word of advice.

You should change the title of this thread.

It's incredibly easy to see it as a spoiler, since its at the very top of the manga page.

a pretty big spoiler at that.

loldeathflag

Edited by Sukigorawr, 08 April 2014 - 01:35 AM.

Ustnap

Ustnap

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 28 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

I suppose, it just seems like Tatsumi's the clear-cut MC.......I mean, sure, there's been a pretty large cast and all with plenty of long-running, charismatic characters.......but still, Tatsumi's obviously the MC. Oh well, not that I really think it should be named after him (or named whatever) but I still don't get Akame being the title character............I've got a feeling her name just lent itself to making the coolest sounding title.   :D

Well, look at To Aru Majutsu no Index. :P

But yeah, Mein has put up so many death flags I'm not even sure Hatate Souta could take them all down. Schere died so early I didn't really have any time to connect, Braht had that whole mentor thing going on so I pretty much knew he was going to die eventually, so neither of them really hit me that hard. So far Chelsea's death probably impacted me the most out of the Night Raid crew, if Mein died... I don't even want to think about it.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Well, look at To Aru Majutsu no Index. :P

It's been a long time, but I read a bit of that....seems like I got bored with it and now it's (apparently) forever in my "maybe later" pile. I like Railgun (though it's starting to feel kind of directionless at this point) so I guess I'm part of the group that likes the spin-off better. So Index's character situation is similar to this one then? The little "index" girl turned into being the MC in name only?

Edited by svines85, 01 July 2014 - 05:38 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png

QwaserLi

QwaserLi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

You're not the only one. I don't know why, I've wanted her die for a while.

Tsenzei

Tsenzei

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts

It's been a long time, but I read a bit of that....seems like I got bored with it and now it's (apparently) forever in my "maybe later" pile. I like Railgun (though it's starting to feel kind of directionless at this point) so I guess I'm part of the group that likes the spin-off better. So Index's character situation is similar to this one then? The little "index" girl turned into being the MC in name only?

Well, Index was never "the" MC, but yeah, as far as being "a" MC/main heroine, she's had a reduced role within the LN series for quite a while.  Albeit she's still far more relevant than Himegami Aisa.  I do think it's kind of funny that you like Railgun more, as Mikoto has become more prominent in the main series.  But then again this is all be degrees.  There's a funny scene where Touma is surrounded by like, 12 different women or so all greeting him at once, and an onlooker says "I'll call him 'sensei'."

Point being that there are many "arc girls" so sometimes primary heroines get sidelined quite a bit.  Just seems to have happened to Index more often.

Cuuuuuuuute.................she's still doomed though.   :D

To quote one of my favorite Baldur's Gate characters:

"We're all doomed..."

Personally, I do tend to think it's better to have "loved and lost" yatta yatta... and since my cynicism and personal theory says that almost all of Night Raid (and the Revolution) will probably die, I think it was overall a good thing for Mine and Tatsumi.  But then again I haven't seen how it "ends" so I could end up mistaken.

On the other hand...

You're not the only one. I don't know why, I've wanted her die for a while.

Since the author seems to like to foil all the reader's hopes and dreams... maybe that means that Mine lives?

Edited by Tsenzei, 30 September 2014 - 04:55 PM.