Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

For the bullies and the bullied, could you imagine this happening to you?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

pigasus

pigasus

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts

Those who had been bullies before, do you want to make amends like the MC? Do you think whoever you bullied will forgive you?

For those who had been bullied, can you imagine being friends with whoever bullied you?

Someone Else

Someone Else

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I had a bully before who sent me a friend invite on FB (I knew him when FB wasn't popular yet and the invite was 2 years after) and pmed me with a casual greeting saying I know had an FB account. I ignored it and he didn't bother sending another message. Didn't really like him. I'll probably forgive him because that was long ago, except if he's still a dick.

renanamara

renanamara

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

I was bullied when I was at school, but I was always agressive towards them in return, I wasn't the kind of person to be bullied and stay silent. Obviously it wasn't bully on the levels of this manga. Even so, as long as time was flowing I helped them with study, they helped me with having fun at school... they are also responsible for one of the best school memories I've, that is when I graduated, one of them said for everyone on the ceremony "If it wasn't for Ren a lot of us wouldn't be here today".

Even so, it isn't with every bully, there are some guys I still don't like, but mainly because they are still faggots. On this case I really don't care as long as they stay on their corner and me on mine. But if they came to say sorry, or start talking to me, I'll talk naturally, no grudges.

Cake-kun

Cake-kun

Potato

• Contributor
  • 160 posts
  • LocationNot on your plate, hopefully

It depends on when in life and how bad it was, I supposed.

There was fair share of me doing what MC did, and end up same way as MC did also in a sense. Picked on people at times, got picked on by people, and ignored people who were picked on because I didn't want to get involved in it. If I can just get over it saying "oh this is normal in Asia"...

and then I moved here, and I put things in retrospect, why did that have to be normal in Asia?

I'm going out of topic slightly for a bit, but...

I posted earlier on the quickchat area, that, Japan, China, and South Korean combined probably have more suicide rates then rest of the world combined. More than of these numbers amount from work-related stress, including students in school. Not only because bullying is seen as a norm, but it's also norm to not stand up against it, and it's also norm to be not being able to do anything about it. Certainly, people know it's wrong, and only with advent of internet, things have gotten better.

Of course, at the same time, Internet also can be used as a weapon using the same result. What if group-shunning became bullying eventually? What if the so-called guilty party is later found not-guilty, but only after we found them dead and maybe eternity and a half later? I seen quiet few of such cases also with celebrity suicides in Korea and Japan, and it's saddening, rather.

In summary, it's not necessarily any one's fault, and most likely I'll forgive most people who tried to ruin my life at one point. I learned to grew tolerant of human beings' mistakes. This shitty environment we grow in, that makes us do this kind of things, however... I don't think I can forgive this bullying culture anymore. It shouldn't be norm, it should never be even thought as a norm. Before we find faults in humans, I think we need to look at why people end up doing this first. Maybe then we can end misjudgement and end bullying culture once and for all.

Though there are two people I can probably never forgive. Ever.

Edited by Cake-kun, 17 January 2014 - 05:01 AM.

nytomoon

nytomoon

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationMoon

in my school its impossible theres a student like nishimiya..

she is too nice..

is it just because she wanted have a friend?

and i think if theres a boy like ishida

he will drop out from school..haha

actually i ever bullied in elementary school...but i have a friend thats bullied too  :unsure:

inzaratha

inzaratha

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationArizona (or somewhere in the forest riding a unicorn)

I was bullied quite a lot in elementary school for being different.   Sadly in America you are more likely to be bullied if you are gifted or just different whether that be fat or  gay or what have you - it's like they want everyone to be average, so I think it's different from Asia, I don't think the smartest kids get bullied there the same way as geeks and nerds here do.   But I think bullying is bullying no matter where you are or what country it occurs in - it still affects the person badly.     It's only recently that anything is done about it, nothing was done when I was in school at all.   I was bullied throughout elementary school and in the first part of middle school but I was with the same kids for those 8 years..     I missed a lot of days of school because I just didn't want to be there and this was in a private Catholic school too.    I preferred to say I was sick and stay home and read.     I did not forgive the kids who did that.   One of my bullies threatened me with a screwdriver and later I heard he became part of the Up with People group so maybe he changed.   I went to the same schools with him for 12 years and never talked to him after what he did.    I was quiet and shy and I don't think I learned to stand up for myself until I was an adult although I was not really bullied much after about 7th or 8th grade.   The worst year was 6th grade, a bunch of girls made my life horrible that year.    But no I never became friends with any of them.

Edited by inzaratha, 22 January 2014 - 07:26 AM.

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts
  • Locationwathcing you from some place far away

there are many different kinds of bullies. it depends on the person and how/why they bullied, whether i'd be able to become something like "friends" with them later. i don't think i'd ever want to befriend someone who bullies others.

あっ ちょっと死んじまった

Zurkei

Zurkei

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

I was a bully in elementary school, in middle school I was "bullied". I say "bullied" because they only attempted to, I fought back. As soon as I knocked one of them out in one punch they never bothered with me again, go out of it without a scratch. I would probably forgive them I don't really hold things against people, though I probably wouldn't be friends with them, I'm pretty particular about who I call friends. I would not however expect to be forgiving, I was pretty damn bad, nothing physical, but the psychological bullying I did got the kid to transfer out. I do regret what I did, but I also understand that I can't do anything about it now and it is in the past so I should leave it there.

Edited by Zurkei, 22 January 2014 - 10:38 PM.

kronpas

kronpas

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Those who had been bullies before, do you want to make amends like the MC? Do you think whoever you bullied will forgive you?

For those who had been bullied, can you imagine being friends with whoever bullied you?

I was bullied a little in middle school, but I still befriended those bullies. But now recalling the time I doubt I would make the same friends as it was then. 

Kurai1321

Kurai1321

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Making friends with your past bullies can be really hard and weird but if they want to make up for the past why not give them a try on it.

Thou i personally problay would like to punch a  few people in the face for the past once ive done it im all open for befriending them since the past is the past and grudges brings me absoletly nowhere

• Ivy likes this

Jackson Boo

Jackson Boo

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I was never bullied, but I used to beat the shit out of kids that used to bully other kids.  Of course this was in South Korea where boys usually fight all the time anyways.  After I had moved to the US, I didn't see as much bullying until high school, when cliques were more apparent.  I used to be one of those bums who didn't really give a shit about school my junior and senior years, so some of the racist jocks used to bother me.  One time when I was sleeping on the desk one of the jock looking faggots threw an empty water bottle at my head.  I looked around asking the class who da fuck threw it, and the jock clique were giggling so I threw it right back at the pussies.  Then one of the most macho fags came up to me saying, "you want something?" and I replied, "I know you threw this bottle, you piece of shit.  You want a fight or something?  I'm sure you already know I can kick your over-sized ass and embarrass you in front of the whole school."  Afterwards, this white motherfucking douchebag and I were supposed to meet by the public library parking lot to duke it out, but he pussied out.  Apparently, he went around asking the whole school about me and found out that I was national runner up in Taekwondo years ago and placed 3rd in the French Cup when I used to live there.  Furthermore at that time in my life, I used to hang around with the most messed up drug dealers and gang-affiliated friends. 

Anyways, after that the 200+ pound fucking white douchebag and gang pussied out and never bothered me again once.  Even though we were in one of the classes together, they never ever bothered to even look in my direction afterwards.

If there is one thing I realized about bullies, it's that they are the real pussies.  They resort to bullying, because they have no better way of identifying themselves within a clique, and thus have to prove themselves by some immature and ignorant means.  If they end up in a situation where non of their 'supposed' buddies back them up, then the bullies eventually hide in the corner like weasels.  The only time these so-called bullies aka weasels, become rowdy and annoying is when they have others backing them up.  That's reality honestly.  It's the only way some pathetic people know how to relate themselves with others.

I don't condone bullying, but I also don't like those who act like they are victims without ever having fought back or tried to prove their worth.  People who get bullied and become traumatized or even commit suicide are victims to their own selves.  Especially those who commit suicide.  I think they are pathetic.  Most of times, those who commit suicide or become shut-ins are result of their own lack of efforts to let those around them know.  They aren't capable of handling the pressure, yet they succumb to it and merely dig themselves deeper in a hole without ever trying to dig back out.

One last thing to add.  The more reaction you show to your bullies, even greater a target you become to them.  Bullies get satisfaction out of visually perceiving the negative effects they have on their victims.  If the supposed victim doesn't show any emotion, they eventually move on to another target.  THIS IS A FACT. 

At least the bullying victims in the US are bunch of pathetic pussies in my opinion.  The worst bullies can do to you as a grade schooler in this country is defamation.  Kids can't even beat up other kids without having to deal with legal issues or punishment from their academic institutions. 

South Korea or Japan is a different story.  Kids grow up sometimes encouraged to fight one another and develop stronger bonds.  Because that mentality persists, some bullying victims, regardless of their attempts to send their message across to their parents, don't work.  Some Asian parents will simply overlook minor bruises and cuts, assuming that boys grow up confronting each other.  I know this, because I was almost choked to death by a high schooler who was an older brother to one of the kids I beat the shit out of, and my aunt and grandmother didn't suspect anything when I came back home that night with some bruises and cuts.  *Yes, looking back now, I think that kid's brother is pathetic, beating up a 1st grader at his age.  At least a more responsible teenager would have used a different method to discipline another child who is his brother's peer.*

FACT OF THE MATTER?  US bullying is laughable at best.  Especially some of those girls who committed suicide and crap, because their reputation for being a slut became widespread in the whole school or some crap.  First off, any smart individual even at that age (high or middle school) would file a damn defamation lawsuit on the families of the bullies.  Second, if that is not an option, you should fucking deal with the fact that you are or were a slut and got exposed.  I hate how when you read about bullying issues in America and half the time they're some stupid excuses on privacy being exposed and  how their lives were ruined blah blah blah.  Well guess what you weak, dumb, incompetent pieces of garbage, you made yourself vulnerable in the first place.  If someone lives a life for which he/she has nothing to be ashamed, none of the laughable mental bullying matters, PERIOD.

Ib Di Raizel

Ib Di Raizel

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I don't condone bullying, but I also don't like those who act like they are victims without ever having fought back or tried to prove their worth.  People who get bullied and become traumatized or even commit suicide are victims to their own selves.  Especially those who commit suicide.  I think they are pathetic.  Most of times, those who commit suicide or become shut-ins are result of their own lack of efforts to let those around them know.  They aren't capable of handling the pressure, yet they succumb to it and merely dig themselves deeper in a hole without ever trying to dig back out.

FACT OF THE MATTER?  US bullying is laughable at best.  Especially some of those girls who committed suicide and crap, because their reputation for being a slut became widespread in the whole school or some crap.  First off, any smart individual even at that age (high or middle school) would file a damn defamation lawsuit on the families of the bullies.  Second, if that is not an option, you should fucking deal with the fact that you are or were a slut and got exposed.  I hate how when you read about bullying issues in America and half the time they're some stupid excuses on privacy being exposed and  how their lives were ruined blah blah blah.  Well guess what you weak, dumb, incompetent pieces of garbage, you made yourself vulnerable in the first place.  If someone lives a life for which he/she has nothing to be ashamed, none of the laughable mental bullying matters, PERIOD.

ok I know that I'm not replying to the main idea of the post but these parts REALLY irritated me and I just HAD to reply. I wasn't bullied but this is about suicide.

I used to be like you, thinking suicide is for the weak. However that changed when I tried to do it myself. Now, this doesn't apply to everybody but it's not that those who suicided themselves didn't try to reach out to others for help. It's not that they didn't try to conquer their problems.

I spent 6 whole freaking years, working hard to overcome my problems on my own. I tried my best to deal with my shit alone because I believed that asking for help was for the weak. Giving up(suicide) was for the weak. I thought that I was strong and better than most. I wanted to overcome my issues alone with my own strength. I wanted to live up to the idolized image of a strong and independent person that my best friend had of me. Of course, it wasn't a smooth sailing. I saw that my own efforts weren't enough. I sought for pointers on how to improve. I got professional help. I'm better now.

I know someone who has been bullied and treated like a slut in her school life. and NO. She was NOT a slut. She was a virgin and didn't even have a boyfriend.

She used to be part of those "popular kids" group. She was with those who would care too much labels, who would gossip constantly at lunch time. She was judgmental and "a high class bitch" Basically, those who would NEVER get bullied. Once day she transferred to another school 20 mins away. She started hanging out with those who would of been considered as "goth" and "losers" by her old clique's standards. However, it was with those people with whom she felt best. She felt like she truly belonged with her new friends instead of her previous circle. 

Her old friends saw how she was slowly turning into; someone who wasn't in the "it" crowd anymore. She learned that one of her closet old friends talked badly about her. She confronted her and she denied it. The rumors continued to spread and were even worse. She would laugh it off, putting a strong front to not let it show that it affected her. Things kept escalating, getting worse and worse. Rumors about not to hang with her if you didn't want to hurt your reputation. She would confront her old friends and those who spread those rumors and ask if they were responsible for the rumors and to stop it. The rumors were everywhere in town. No one didn't know about her and she was called out every time she left the house. Her new friends didn't know who to believe anymore. She would get calls at home threatening to trash her house and spread photos everywhere. She dared them but nothing happened. Her parents were wondering what was going on. She refused to show any weakness or else they would win. She would laugh in their face whenever people came up to stir shit. She received a hate letter in her mailbox. Things were getting shitty in other parts in her life and she had a panic attack.

Eventually her old friends and they got bored of torturing her. 

Later on, she was diagnosed with a form of bi-polar. Mostly caused by what happened.

I'm sparring you the details and numerous events but can you really say in her face that she's a "weak, dumb, incompetent pieces of garbage" and made herself "vulnerable in the first place."? My friend is alive now and worked really hard to get better. She has become an incredibly strong and charismatic person. 

It infuriated me to see someone write that "US bullying is laughable at best". Yeah, most bullying in the US is laughable compared to the ones going on in SK or JP but it doesn't change that the ones in those countries are freaking extreme. Besides, bullying isn't OK nor funny no matter the level of severity. Just because YOU haven't seen extreme cases of bullying doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I agree some bullying --> suicide cases were the results of great teenager immaturity. However, let me remind you that teens aren't adults and aren't as smart and mature as you would like to believe. They're very unstable and are trying to build and identity of their own. Studies show that the sector in the brain which is responsible for relationships and stuff is much more active when your a teen. To them, their reputation is everything. (almost)

Do you expect people to be strong out of nothing? People need something in order to be strong. What more, sadly, not everyone can be smart. They don't think about filling in a lawsuit. And lastly, to be competent, you need experience in order to become competent. Experience is exactly what teenagers lack. People don't suddenly become all that when they reach a certain age. It's also the reason why some kids are really mature for their age and some adults are freaking immature.

Raszagal

Raszagal

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationIquique, Chile

I've been always the kind of guy who hates violence. Since kids, I use lens, so I was usually being called 4 eyes, and things similar to it, But I never gave a shit about it.

As I used to hate violence, and usually just ignore the bullies, soon a lot of them just started to ignore me too, everything was okay for me, till highschool, when a group of pussies started to mess up with a girl in my class. The girl was a "megane" chick, but she was pretty  weak against  the jokes, because she was just starting to use the glasses (she wans't wearing them at the begging of the year), so whenever she was bullied  she started to cry. In the beggining I was like  "bah, not my problem at all", as they weren't physically bulling her, I didn't gave a damn about it so I never did something for her. One day.. two of the guys (out of 6), started to physically mess with her .. they ended breaking her glasses, and make her cry. In a blink of an eye, I pick up a fight with  one of them, hit him two times in the face, and K.O'd him. The other guys inmediatly came for me, and well, things went bad for me.. they beated the shit out of me.. x'D

The gang of pussies started to bully me instead of her. She started to talk with me, she said "tell it to the teachers", and even menaced me to do it. But I told her "Don't mess with me again, you're annoying. Leave me alone (I yelled her)". I did it to avoid problems with them, actually, a lot of my classmates started to avoid me too, because the "leader" of the bullies was the lil brother of a well know "badass", so they were afraid of some kind of retalation.

It wasn't like I didn't do a shit to stop it, for like 6 months, I was fighting after school with them, usually 2-4 vs 1, they always beated me. During all that time, they broke 3 of my glasses. My parents were full awared of everything, I never hide the fact that those guys were bulling me at the school, But I asked them to leave it like that, because it was my problem. Both of them agreed, and, half of the money invested onthe new glasses, was extracted from my allowance/part time work (yeah, I started to wash cars in my neighborhood x'D), even so, at that point i was curious, "why my parents aren't mad at all for the money?"

One day, the "leader" of the pussies gang, and 2 guys more, picked me up at the beach. I was so fucking scared, that I'm pretty sure that I almost shitted my pants, But I never ran of them.. surprisingly, one of the boys (the taller one) stoped the "fight". He was the "badass", I said in my mind (cya mom, dad), but he asked me the following thing "Why you didn't ran away?", In response, I said "because if I ran now, they will get me at the school, and if I ran at the school, they will aim for claudia again (the bullied girl) or another student with glasses, and I can't tolerate that, I'm strong enough to handle this situation by mysellf... well, I can't beat them  when they're 3 or 4 against me to be honest, but Im pretty sure that another guy would collapse quickly". Suddenly, he hitted the third one guy, and said the following thing "1 vs 1, now". I was like "wtf?", and his lil brother was saying "brother? why?". The "badass" said "You're bulling guys at your school just for wearing glasses, did you forgot that our mother used them too? and even more, you're not even doing it alone you coward". Well, dunno if I mentioned it above, but I'm pretty strong, so that fight was pretty easy for me. Once I won the "duel", with public and all shits, the badass said "my brother will not  mess again with anyone of you, so feel free to tell it to anyone, if by any chance he starts to do it again, tell me directly, and I'll deal with his friends, and let you deal with him".

The next day, I was received in the school like a "hero" .. suddenly a lot of cowards started to talk with me again, flattering me for  beating the shit out of the "bully" at the beach, and that kind of things, I wasn't happy at all, I mentioned it countless of times "Why is everyone happy that this "violence" problem was solved with more violence?".

At the end of the class,  claudia ask me to meet her at the "Canalo" (A shop near the school). Once the, and as soon as she was close to me, she  slaped me in the face, and also apologized to me twice. The hit was for doing all those things for her sake (I didn't do it for her sake at all to be honest, I simply can't stand the violence towards weaks) without looking for my own sake.

The two apologizes were for the slap, and all the shits that happened trhough all those months.. we started to talk a lot of things, and It was at that moment that I found out the reason why  my parents weren't mad at all. Claudia told her parents about the situation.. so they were paying the other half of the lens, They never paid the 100% of them, just because I was paying for the other 50% (at that moment I was like  "damn you father", If i were told this before, I wouldn't work at all x'D). Well.. like 1 hour later (I was going to leave earlier, but she asked me to wait a bit more), Claudia's father came to give me his thanks and talk with me. When se went to the bathroom he asked me Straight "Do you like her?"  I was like "why do you thing that?". He said "because there's no boy that would resist almost 7 months of bulling for the sake of someone else"... I told him "no, I don't like her in a romantic way, I just did it coz I hate those cowards that mess up with weaklings". He was pretty kind and respectfull, he asked me a lot of things during the conversation, Almost 2 hours passed since he arrived (I was bored as hell to be honest, but didn't wanted to be disrespectfull against him). In the end, he left  the place again, no without saying the following thing "I know now, that you don't like her.. in a way I'm relieved, and in another way I'm not". At that time didn't understand it at all (I was a noob in detecting love things).

She confessed to me two weeks later, but I rejected her x'D (Actually, I Liked her too) at that time i said this to her "look, you're just thinking that you love me, because I protected you from the bullies, isn't love, you're just confused. I started to avoid her again, because I didn't want to fall i love with her, I really belived that it wouldn't last at all, coz she was confused.

Well, 1 month later, the "badass", came to my house with his brother. He gave me about 200 USD, and he told me "give this to your friend, she paid several times to my brother to stop doing mean things to you".  Deep inside me, I wanted to cry.. coz they told me that beside the money, She made a lot of things for my sake.. she was the one cleaning my desktop when they trashed it sometimes.. she was doing the homework of those guys in order to stop the things.. she was fighting for me from the shadows, even after I said to her to leave me alone, and several times even insuled her.

The next day, i call'd her to talk, I asked her why she did all those things, and she answered "I told you no? I like you", and I asked her "no, no, I mean before you started to like me", and then she said something that I'll remember forever, "I started to like you before everything started,, I even started to use glasses in order to make you look at me". Tons of thing started to make sense for me.. the glasses she was wearing, wasn't for medical reasons, they were just for appearances., and the reason behind it was because she heard me one day saying "I like girls with glasses".

In the end and after 1 month and 3 weeks after her "confession", I called her to the same place where she confessed to me, and this time I confessed to her. And guess what? she rejected me x'D, but the rejection was just to make up with my previous recjection, so after a new agreement, we both declared our feelings at the same time, and we accepted at the same time.

That was 8 years ago, when I was 17. Now, we'll celebrate our 4th weeding aniversary at 23 march. I'm a math teacher, and whenever I saw someone being bullied, or being a bully, I told this story to them, along the pic of my precious 2 years old daughter.

Sorry for my english, isn't my main language and I'm still improving it.

Warm regards,

Rasz

Edited by Raszagal, 22 February 2014 - 10:06 AM.

262xog1.jpg

jenny2504

jenny2504

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I can kind of in a way relate to Ishida. I was never a bully but I knew the feeling of being picked on by the whole class and having the teacher turn the other way when I asked for help. Even the aides turned their backs on the what was happening. This resulted with me playing by myself in the corner with either puzzles or reading. Then the same thing happened the following school year different teacher, different kids but the same thing. Its hard to forget these things and this happened when I was 5-7 years old.

What was the result of this I stopped talking to others as much as possible. I couldn't trust the teachers so I didn't say anything if someone was picking on me. In a way I was like Nishimiya I just smiled and pretended that I didn't bother me. I also didn't tell my parents about what was happening either. Just kept things to myself. I was afraid of saying what I thought so I never said anything. Ended up in speech therapy and was there from the 3rd grade to the 8th grade. I can't really remember any real friends until the 6th grade. It was then that I found a different way to communicate with others and that was music. I joined the band and played the flute from the 6th grade all the through my senior year. Because of music I was able to make friends and have fun. Though I still have trouble opening up to people and speaking my mind due to another person I met while in college that lead to attempt suicide. In the beginning they taught me to stand up for myself and speak my mind. But they didn't like it when I started to talk back to them and lead to the worse abuse I could possibly imagine. Its taking time to come move forward from that encounter with that person. I am in a better state then I was then. I tried forgiving that person but to this day they are still an ass. However I am able to stand my ground now. And I guess that is my form of revenge. I am living a happier life without them.

inzaratha

inzaratha

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationArizona (or somewhere in the forest riding a unicorn)

I was bullied too, too but I've seen much, much worse than what I got.   You can't say it does not happen in the US.   I've seen boys bring cattleprods to use on a kid, this was in the country in a farm area.   They used to push kids heads in the toilet bowl and flush it.    I've seen people's cats killed and hung up outside their front door.  There is plenty here bullying kids to join gangs and threatening them and there families if they don't.   They will rape girls as part of gang initiations too.    Kids in gangs do drive by shootings on kid's houses that they don't like or kids that are in different gangs.    This is a huge problem all over the southwest so don't tell me that gang violence cannot be part of bullying..    The internet is used against many kids, mostly girls and most of them are not sluts,  in fact many of them are lesbians or just a girl the other girls don't like.   It still all happens all the time and much of it never makes the papers especially in hispanic neighborhoods where the kids think them or their family might be deported if they tell.     But overall a lot of bullying was never reported for one reason or another just like many rapes are not reported still.    

seyrine

seyrine

Unemployed Kitty In A Penguin Suit

• Administrators
  • 1,830 posts
  • LocationLurking nearby...
I hope everyone remembers to consider that the context of what bullying is differs from culture to culture. You may consider one form of bullying to be "laughable" at best, but bullying is bullying, there is no lesser form or greater form. No matter what form, whether mental, emotional, or physical, bullying is bullying. Period.

Everyone here is free to express their opinion on any matter (as long as they follow the site rules). But please remember to consider the impact of your words and what they mean to others. Especially in a topic as controversial as this, it's very easy to inflame a topic just by a misinterpreted opinion or an aggressive wording of the opinion. Be careful.

[s]

Catch my story; the Neverender Series

Batoto's Rules Repository | Rules, Guidelines and FAQs

Rules and Regulations | How to get help | Frequently Asked Questions

If all else fails, PM me. And use the REPORT button if you see any content that may violate site policy.

Catch me on irc.idlechat.net (#seyrine) and D.F.T.B.A.!

TaintedDream

TaintedDream

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Yea, it is pretty prevalent in the US actually. Problem is, usually no one ever hears about it unless A. the person bullied commits suicide, and even then, it barely gets any coverage unless they're either pretty/handsome, or left some touching Youtube confession behind before they committed suicide. Or B. goes on a shooting rampage at their school.

Bacchai

Bacchai

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

I've been always the kind of guy who hates violence. 

[...]

Warm regards,

Rasz

You had such an impressive and touching story. Thanks for telling it !

Evan Dark

Evan Dark

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationThe Tower 1F, drinking with Headon-nim

Yea, it is pretty prevalent in the US actually. Problem is, usually no one ever hears about it unless A. the person bullied commits suicide, and even then, it barely gets any coverage unless they're either pretty/handsome, or left some touching Youtube confession behind before they committed suicide. Or B. goes on a shooting rampage at their school.

I'm definitely the shooting rampage kind of guy, at least in this matter. If someone has to die, I'd rather have it them and not me...

By the I couldn't imagine myself making any amends to my imaginary victims, just to answer the original question. It's not like I owe them anything, and it's all too late for saying sorry. Ishida is a special case though, being in love with Shouko and anything.

"I looked into the TARDIS, and the TARDIS looked into me..." - Rose Tyler (Bad Wolf)

shndany

shndany

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

I was bullied by the entire class. My best friend betrayed me when I was on 5th grade. Then my past started to hunt me once I got to secondary school. Rumors about me, being bullied when I was a kid started spreading fast wherever I go. I was bullied for all 5 years. 

It was horrible, I wanted to commit suicide a lot. But what stopped me from doing that were a friend who said this:

"If you commit suicide, I'll make sure to go and hunt you down to the other world. Punch your face really hard and bring you back". I laughed a lot, what a moron. But he did save me a lot of times ^^

I'm not gonna lie. I can't forgive them. They made my life misserable for a lot of years.

My Twitter <--- I follow back   :batoto_007: