Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[OOC] Tales of Batoto

tales batoto vesperia xillia

• Please log in to reply
1890 replies to this topic

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
Where the fuck is L?
Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Being busy and dealing with life, of course.

:P

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
O
Spoiler

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!
-Slicey nudge.?

tumblr_o3sndbSAhX1qctrupo2_500.gif

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
Omg I wanna dance
Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

tumblr_mrjprkJ2tm1sodqyso1_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!

Omg I wanna dance

Then...er...dance I suppose?

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

Got new Surface Pro 3. Had it for a week. Practicing drawing on it.

Though I will say I was not busy with life and you people assume that too easily. I was lazy, and I feel half the time that's why updates take so long, not even just for me. If I was still motivated I'd have a Word document or txt file to go back to every once in awhile.

I was spending most of my time helping out on a Persona RP on another forum, and this RP keeps slipping my mind, so I'm seriously considering dropping it, at the same time I don't want to. Seeing the Persona RP here dying as well made me consider dropping this one right now and make room for another RP I'm working on.

I can remake this RP another time, but I'm reluctant at the moment to even open an RP. People here keep opening new RPs despite people's attentions between RPs being stretched thin. We only have so much supply for the demand and no one seems to get it, in fact to add insult to injury we get GMs like Anima too who barely make it past the first chapter. The RP section here was infinitely more healthy WITHOUT the OMF RPers coming over here. Blades of Fealty made huge fucking progress and the only cancers to that was the OMFers that came afterwards. In fact, it actually died the moment a majority of OMF RPers came over, with exception to Trouble, who is apparently very diligent and I thank you for continuing to check in on this RP even after so much hiatus. You too X, I was surprised you would while other Batoto RPers have left, and I don't blame them either. This RP hasn't been properly active for some time already.

I'm sorry, I can deal with one or two people or a small percentage of people in an RP community having commitment issues or wanting some new fangled RP every odd week, but I can't deal with it if half the RPers here have those issues. RPs started out as tabletop and evolved into chat, and then forum. Tabletop had the biggest limitations, you had to physically gather your friends for the session and make as much progress as possible. Sadly, not all of our friends are nearby, which is why we evolved onto chat. Chat, online chatrooms, convenient, everyone just has to be behind the computer. Then finally we have forum, no one has to be online at the same time, though that greatly helps, in short it's meant to be convenient, it may be slow, but everyone should be able to slot some time a day to get something in. The style has evolved into what it is now, semi-novel collaboration with everyone's perspectives, and with it came a sense of elitism that is incredibly apparent in the OMF side.

When I re-visited Roleplayerguild, a site dedicated to just forum roleplaying, I was well... Pleasantly surprised. It was incredible, everyone was participating with the odd couple players who drop out (player base per RP is pretty high as well, so it didn't affect it too much). Everyone was cooperating etc. Even the random little RPs that don't last long get through the first goddamn chapter, and we here have a smaller and more controlled environment, yet most RPs people open here don't exceed the first chapter. It has constant activity, and the reason it does is because the RPer base is so large, as a result of it being so large, there are so many RPs. I've looked around at profiles and it's common people are only in 2 RPs at a time, despite there being so many around, yet here... Here, you people are incredibly impulsive and join 4 RPs, and just let one suffer without saying a word to it and the GM. I've had that problem every time I opened an RP here, and OMF. People would join, then new RPs would appear, and then mine would be left in the dust, the same went for RPs I joined. I join them, and try not to join others, and in the end I have to. Why? Because all the most active people in that first RP moved over without a word. It was maddening. And it's repeating all over again here. To make matters worse, it appears some Batoto RPers have taken to this cancerous trend, when they used to not have it.

tl;dr - You guys are the rot, most specifically you old OMF RPers. Not all of you, but enough to make this place hard to RP in or get any RPs done. I do not mean disrespect... Oh who am I kidding. I do mean to disrespect. I personally don't feel some of you are worthy of proper respect anymore.

@ Akashi/KDP (I assume), You can dance if you want to, you can leave your friends behind.

If you guys still want me to continue this, please say so now, but I fear you may suffer as a result, as I have no motivation left for this.

Edited by Captain L Katsura, 26 September 2014 - 02:59 AM.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

Good luck with that new RP.

Though I didn't get a mention in diligence :'c

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

Yeah thanks, it's going well.

We should be moving that one forward today after a bit of existential error.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

Yeah thanks, it's going well.

We should be moving that one forward today after a bit of existential error.

care to drop the link so that I can see for myself. I won't join probably but I wanna take a look at that stuff. Britza got my expectations up.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

So roleplayerguild is constantly active? So there's no occasion where theres like a flood of posts one day, only to be a wasteland for the next few days or weeks/months? Maybe I should give it a serious look.

I honestly can't blame you, I feel the same. I know I'm guilty of joining a crap ton of RPs (after all, out of everyone, me and DR probably has joined the most amount of RPs on here, I'm a sucker for good stories), though, I always pay attention to all of the RPs I join. Though, sadly, other people don't feel the same nor have the same commitment to the RPs they join. One aspect that pisses me off is when people join a rp, make a character and write it up to where the character is a key part in the story and/or background and they don't bother to post or lose interest after a post or two but end up joining a new RP only to do the same. It seems most people just like making character sheets but not to actually post/role play. Also the people who make an RP, grow bored of it, then make a new one a few weeks later only to do the same thing. If more people just joined current RPs instead of creating new ones and killing the current ones, it would be more active. I was even selfishly thinking that there should be rules restricting how many rps one can create in a set time frame and a set number of rps going at a time or something. But that would do more harm than good. Too many RPs but not enough people to be in them (well, people dont seem to give a shit about them).

And when there's finally some really active RPs going, people feel the need to post new RPs. And like you mentioned, the ones that get tired of posting, not bothering telling the GM nor the others that they're done with the RP. There seems to be more new RPs cropping up then actual posts in the existing ones. It comes to the point some of us have no choice but to go along with the trend and joining them because so many RPs die because of this shit. I'd be happy with 1-2 active RPs then join a bunch of somewhat active or dead ones. But I'm dedicated to the RPs I've joined and would never abandon a single one. I have so much time that I can handle them. But eh, you're 100% correct. It's sickening.

I'd always be willing to continue this if there's post. I'd wait no matter how long it takes.

Just wish more people cared.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

Hard at first, but I have conditioned myself to care for an RP only when someone manages to post. So if this starts anytime in the future, I'll be back. If not, then R.I.P Atleast we manage past the intro chapter, barring BoF and Sanctuary no GM-run RP has done it here on Batoto.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

I need to condition myself as well, I get too wrapped up in the story and create a character I absolutely adore only for the rp to die before it could even begin and the character goes to waste. Only so much heartbreak one can take. D;

I just hope Sanctuary keeps on chugging along, batoto needs it.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

I need to condition myself as well, I get too wrapped up in the story and create a character I absolutely adore only for the rp to die before it could even begin and the character goes to waste. Only so much heartbreak one can take. D;

I just hope Sanctuary keeps on chugging along, batoto needs it.

Yeah well I conditioned myself by joining each of Anima's mercurial projects. He conditions you well for your loss of effort.

I too hope that Sanctuary rides into the sunset and makes me happy. I have literally passed through hell to keep myself rigged on this RP. Not since BoF have I had such fun.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!
Batoto does need Sanctuary. ^_^ I LOVE IT. And it's fun to write for.

Got new Surface Pro 3. Had it for a week. Practicing drawing on it.

Though I will say I was not busy with life and you people assume that too easily. I was lazy, and I feel half the time that's why updates take so long, not even just for me. If I was still motivated I'd have a Word document or txt file to go back to every once in awhile.

I was spending most of my time helping out on a Persona RP on another forum, and this RP keeps slipping my mind, so I'm seriously considering dropping it, at the same time I don't want to. Seeing the Persona RP here dying as well made me consider dropping this one right now and make room for another RP I'm working on.

I can remake this RP another time, but I'm reluctant at the moment to even open an RP. People here keep opening new RPs despite people's attentions between RPs being stretched thin. We only have so much supply for the demand and no one seems to get it, in fact to add insult to injury we get GMs like Anima too who barely make it past the first chapter. The RP section here was infinitely more healthy WITHOUT the OMF RPers coming over here. Blades of Fealty made huge fucking progress and the only cancers to that was the OMFers that came afterwards. In fact, it actually died the moment a majority of OMF RPers came over, with exception to Trouble, who is apparently very diligent and I thank you for continuing to check in on this RP even after so much hiatus. You too X, I was surprised you would while other Batoto RPers have left, and I don't blame them either. This RP hasn't been properly active for some time already.

I'm sorry, I can deal with one or two people or a small percentage of people in an RP community having commitment issues or wanting some new fangled RP every odd week, but I can't deal with it if half the RPers here have those issues. RPs started out as tabletop and evolved into chat, and then forum. Tabletop had the biggest limitations, you had to physically gather your friends for the session and make as much progress as possible. Sadly, not all of our friends are nearby, which is why we evolved onto chat. Chat, online chatrooms, convenient, everyone just has to be behind the computer. Then finally we have forum, no one has to be online at the same time, though that greatly helps, in short it's meant to be convenient, it may be slow, but everyone should be able to slot some time a day to get something in. The style has evolved into what it is now, semi-novel collaboration with everyone's perspectives, and with it came a sense of elitism that is incredibly apparent in the OMF side.

When I re-visited Roleplayerguild, a site dedicated to just forum roleplaying, I was well... Pleasantly surprised. It was incredible, everyone was participating with the odd couple players who drop out (player base per RP is pretty high as well, so it didn't affect it too much). Everyone was cooperating etc. Even the random little RPs that don't last long get through the first goddamn chapter, and we here have a smaller and more controlled environment, yet most RPs people open here don't exceed the first chapter. It has constant activity, and the reason it does is because the RPer base is so large, as a result of it being so large, there are so many RPs. I've looked around at profiles and it's common people are only in 2 RPs at a time, despite there being so many around, yet here... Here, you people are incredibly impulsive and join 4 RPs, and just let one suffer without saying a word to it and the GM. I've had that problem every time I opened an RP here, and OMF. People would join, then new RPs would appear, and then mine would be left in the dust, the same went for RPs I joined. I join them, and try not to join others, and in the end I have to. Why? Because all the most active people in that first RP moved over without a word. It was maddening. And it's repeating all over again here. To make matters worse, it appears some Batoto RPers have taken to this cancerous trend, when they used to not have it.

tl;dr - You guys are the rot, most specifically you old OMF RPers. Not all of you, but enough to make this place hard to RP in or get any RPs done. I do not mean disrespect... Oh who am I kidding. I do mean to disrespect. I personally don't feel some of you are worthy of proper respect anymore.

@ Akashi/KDP (I assume), You can dance if you want to, you can leave your friends behind.

If you guys still want me to continue this, please say so now, but I fear you may suffer as a result, as I have no motivation left for this.

Um. I'd love to continue...and erm, sorry if I'm one of the offending parties. ._.; I really am! Is there anything that you'd like to highlight where I can do or fare better and improve? :(

And yes. Sanctuary needs to ride off into the sunset. It'll be the first forum RP I've ever completed. Which I've dreamt of.

Also. If you wouldn't mind having me there, what is this other forum you've been cheating on us with? ^_~

I'd like to have a gander...If that's okay.

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Yeah well I conditioned myself by joining each of Anima's mercurial projects. He conditions you well for your loss of effort.

I too hope that Sanctuary rides into the sunset and makes me happy. I have literally passed through hell to keep myself rigged on this RP. Not since BoF have I had such fun.

Aye, Naifu treats us well (when hes not trying to kill us!) and I feel the same, I hope it exceeds BoF. As long as Naifu doesn't up and cuts it off, I hope we can finish it.

Batoto does need Sanctuary. ^_^ I LOVE IT. And it's fun to write for.
Um. I'd love to continue...and erm, sorry if I'm one of the offending parties. ._.; I really am! Is there anything that you'd like to highlight where I can do or fare better and improve? :(

And yes. Sanctuary needs to ride off into the sunset. It'll be the first forum RP I've ever completed. Which I've dreamt of.

Also. If you wouldn't mind having me there, what is this other forum you've been cheating on us with? ^_~

I'd like to have a gander...If that's okay.

I never 'completed' one either, and batoto hasn't had an rp be completed before. Sanctuary is its best and probably last hope.

And here's the site trouble, http://www.roleplayerguild.com/

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

@Missy: I think that L pointed that you were among the few OMFers that aren't guilty of drop-out. Rather he praises you for diligence. So, don't beat yourself up.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

Yeah, even Liar's let me down and KDP does make an effort. When he disappears, he really disappears so I assume things got rough, but when he's in, he really is in. So really Trouble, don't be so down. You have done very well.

Good luck with Sanctuary too guys, I hope that finishes, really. It didn't quite interest me, so I didn't join it, but it's good to know not all is lost here, it's just rather rough, and a majority of OMFers are making a black hole of activity.

Anyways, the Persona RP is called True Self in the Casual section. The first GM resigned, but me and two others picked it back up after getting some details from the first GM. In the first two or so weeks we ended up completely rewriting the story and making an entirely new one for it. The activity and energy to continue an RP even when the GM had stopped working on it (GM rejoined as a player) really amazed me.

Coincidentally we have a couple spots just open up due to two dropouts, so if you want to join you're free to do so.

Edited by Captain L Katsura, 26 September 2014 - 06:19 AM.

SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts

Alright then, consider the... pointers noted.

If people are interested (and if L's okay with it), I'd be willing to step behind the cardboard and take over running this Roleplay. I have something of a plot in mind, that, ironically, deals a bit with what L brought up, so we would be able to push forward. I only want to do that if there's sufficient interest however.

2rD2TPI.gif

Myself, as told by a Hawk;

Spoiler