Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[RP] D.I.C.E.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

Cervance

Cervance

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts
If you could change your life by playing a game, would you? What would you sacrifice for power? Friends, morals, freedom? Even lives? Once you roll the dice, there is no going back, and for everything gained, something must be lost.

Based on the Naver webtoon D.I.C.E, the Cube that Changes Everything, by Yun Hyun Seok. 

Our story takes place in Batotonia, a modern island city-state in the middle of a vast ocean. Batotonia is completely self-sufficient, featuring a single large city, its outlying suburbs, rural farmland, and even a protected national park surrounding the island's dormant volcano. The Otoba river stretches from this volcano in the north all the way to the south coast, bisecting the city into East and West.

East City flourishes - skyscrapers reach towards the clouds, boats carry cargo from faraway lands into port, and a vast network of subway trains and buses connect everything together. West City, however, is much less prosperous. Small shops populate main street, but everywhere else, ugly, old, three-story apartment buildings line the streets. Residents here must pay a heavy toll to cross the Otoba Bridge into East City.

This is where our story of dice begins, and ends. Whether you sell yourself for power, or fight to protect what you believe in, the choice is yours. Even the choice to begin is yours - will you throw your dice, and join the game, or will you hide and cower beneath the rocks? 

Post character sheets in the OoC thread.

Cervance

Cervance

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts

It was a cold morning when the island of Batotonia greeted the second sunrise of the new year. The streets of West City were quiet, still. A few people shuffled to their cars to start their work day; you could see their breath in the air. In an old, green, wooden house, in a room on the third floor, a phone vibrated atop a desk.

[Sender] X
[Receiver] Jeung Rae
January 2nd, 5:55:12 AM
[Subject] Good Morning~!
Rise and shine, Rae, it's time for your first Quest! ~ \(^ _ ^)/ ~

From the heavy form on the nearby bed, there was no response. Not surprising, considering he had no intentions to attend school today. Still, the phone vibrated again, shifting dangerously close to the edge of the desk.

[Sender] X
[Receiver] Jeung Rae
January 2nd, 5:55:30 AM
[Subject] Wake up!
Hey Rae, wake up! 

[Sender] X
[Receiver] Jeung Rae
January 2nd, 5:55:46 AM
[Subject] Get up!
Come on, let's go, I've got Quests! >=O

...Suddenly, the phone blared alarm bells two times louder than its maximum volume. It vibrated itself off the desk, tumbling on the hard wooden floor beneath Rae's bed, where it continued ring, obstinately.

[Sender] X
[Receiver] Jeung Rae
January 2nd, 5:56:15 AM
[Subject] *inhales*
WAAAAAAAAAKE UUUUUUUUUUP!1!!!
New Quest
Get your fat ass out of bed, grab some of your parent's money, go outside and greet your neighbor with a cheerful smile! 
~Reward: 2 Dice~

One the second floor of the same house, another Dicer slept. His phone vibrated too.

[Sender] X
[Receiver] Kyon Hoorda
January 2nd, 5:56:00
[Subject] Good morning!
Good morning Kyon, I've got Quests for you!~ 
...who am I kidding, you're sleeping too aren't you? (ಠ_ಠ)

Then, just like in the room above, the phone came to life, this time blaring police sirens and flashing red and blue, alternately.

[Sender] X
[Receiver] Kyon Hoorda
January 2nd, 5:56:18
[Subject] The Cops!
( ゚Д゚)The cops are on to us! Quick, get outside!

Re:daction

Re:daction

Potato

• Members
  • 164 posts
Rae jolted awake, very nearly tumbling to the floor himself. The hell!? He quickly looked around the room for the source of the infernal sound & realized it was his phone alarm, coming from under the bed.

He half stumbled, half rolled out of bed & got down on his hands & knees (& stomach), feeling around for the device. Thankfully, it hadn't bounced all the way to the wall, & he found it after only a few seconds. He retrieved it & tried to focus on the screen. "Dammit, what time is it!? I know I didn't set an alarm!" he shouted, rubbing his eyes with one pudgy hand & holding the phone with his other, jabbing at it blindly in search of the snooze button. Then, as suddenly as it began, the alarm cut out. Oh good, found it. Dammit, waking me up like this... He took another look now, his eyes & mind clear enough now to make out that it wasn't an alarm, but a text message. Ah! He remembered now, the Dice that'd arrived in the mail yesterday had started a string of unusual messages like this.

He'd found it while browsing Zbay, with the description 'A good luck charm for escaping bullying & becoming poular.', & though he normally wasn't one to go in for such things, it looked sort of cool, & at 1 Buck, he reasoned, you couldn't really go wrong. It'd arrived in the mail the next day, & in retrospect, he ought to have recognized from the moment he opened the package it that was no ordinary trinket. It was packed in the center of a styrofoam brick, such that it couldn't rattle or roll at all, a bit disproportionate, he thought, for a 1 Buck charm. So, why would someone who took the charm seriously enough to pack it with such care give it away for the cost of shipping? He wasn't optimistic enough to believe a good Samaritan had decided to give away the source of his deliverance, but it was only at the level of 'strange', & not quite 'suspicious'. Perhaps the seller simply had a phobia of poor reviews, or a superstition of damaging such things. So, he decided he'd give it a roll.

....coming back to reality, Rae quickly examined the screen, looking for the cause of the earlier racket. The first thing to catch his eye was a black & purple banner across the screen, reading 'New Quest Accepted!!'.

"Eh?" he uttered in surprise. There was, of course, plenty here to be sirprised about. Given his phone (a 2 year old Droid), this shouldn't have been the format for a text or alarm at all. But to Rae, the most confusing thing was the nature of the Quest he had somehow accepted, & the apparant reason he'd been awakened at 5:55 in the morning. It was displayed like any completely innocent text, with the exception of a dice in the far right & an 'x2' under it like a score multiplier. What the, "grab some of your parents money..? he thought nervously. "X, what is this?" he questioned the phone, as he returned to rubbing his eyes.

That was right. The moment he first rolled the Dice, he'd been contacted by someone calling himself 'X', who was apparently able to observe everything in the vicinity of the Dice, & claimed that by using it, one could augment any characteristic he desired. Rae's response to this claim was, naturally, a prompt "Bullshit.", but even as he said so aloud, X had pountingly responded with another text, as if he were actually within earshot. The logical explanation for this was that there was some sort of microphone or camera hidden within the Dice, but even after locking it in a drawer, pulling his blinds, & frenziedly tearing apart his room in search of such a device, X had continued to respond incredulously to his behaviour, as if such a text to speech conversation was to be expected. He was finally forced to relent when X's stream of texts was undeterred by removing his SIM card, but at 2AM, he'd concluded it would be better for him to take a nap, & then, in the morning, if it wasn't a dream, he'd decide what to think about it tomorrow. But here tomorrow was, & after 4 hours of sleep & a wretched awakening he somehow felt worse than before... "And what the hell was that alarm for? I have a ringtone you know..." he added, a bit irritated.

Edited by Roranosuke, 05 January 2014 - 10:44 AM.

Atzerkins

Atzerkins

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

At first, John didn't believe X. He thought the whole thing was just some lame joke from some kind of stalker. But he didn't found anyone following him, and he'd always been careful not to be followed, when entering one of his hideouts. But he chose to put his whole point into agility, and immediately felt the result. He'd always been fast, but now he was even faster. What he ran in ten seconds, he ran it in eight this time. He took out his stolen phone as it rang, wondered who'd send him, a homeless loner, a message. And that was X and no one else. Quest : Escape from the apartment using the window. Dice * 6. " So those are you quests, huh ? Sick fuck, looks like I found some fun game. " Good thing for him, he was on the second floor, he could easily fulfill the quest. He threw himself by the window, clinging on the edge, and then just jumped down, and in front of his eyes found six blue dices.

And while he was squatting there, in front of the building, rolling his dices, a black car came out of nowhere, only to stop right there, and open its doors to let men in black out. They all rushed inside, and as he looked up, he saw one of them by the window. " So this thing decides to save me too ? Well, that's still one hideout lost ". He then ran away, not caring about what these guys were up to. They couldn't find him anyway, and he didn't let anything there. All his stuff was always with him, inside his back or in his pockets. " I guess it's time to go to school, now. "

lollogo.png

Maia

Maia

The Resident Neko

• RP Section Mod
  • 2,441 posts
  • LocationLost in the Echo

This thread is now locked as there is a new D.I.C.E game set up and ready to go, just waiting for your next text message.

~The Resident Neko

cei7ea6l_zpsde6a65e1.png

Need staff help? You can go to Staff Support.
Need site help? You can go to Batoto Support.
You can use the Report button if you find anything that is in violation of the Site Rules.
If all else fails you can feel free to send me a PM.