Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[OoC] D.I.C.E.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
65 replies to this topic

Cervance

Cervance

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts

Hello all, this is the [Out of Character] thread for the D.I.C.E. RP. Character Sheets, OoC chatter, rules, questions, and discussion should be put here.

To-Do list (help me finish these if you like)

Spoiler

Rules! All other Batoto Forum rules still apply.
Spoiler

Dice Rule Book

Spoiler

Character Sheets! Pretty basic. One character per RP'er, for the moment.
Spoiler

Attribute Sheets will go here when I'm good and ready. At the moment, noone has earned any dice to spend, so this doesn't matter.

Rules regarding increasing Intelligence
Spoiler

Edited by Cervance, 02 January 2014 - 04:47 AM.

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • LocationSint Maarten, Kingdom of the Netherlands
Since it's based on a webtoon, should we read the comic first?

“It's all about Power."
"Grabbing it. Keeping it. Using It."
"Power is our currency, our DNA... Our God.”
"We control the World."
"We provide the blueprint. And we give the Instructions."

Cervance

Cervance

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts

I do recommend the webtoon, yes. It's not very long yet and it's well drawn, even if the story and characters are still a bit plain. 

The basic premise is that a mysterious being named "X" gives a Dicer "quests" to obtain "Dice." A Dicer activates the dice to raise their strength, agility, and so on. The quests given vary based on the dicer, and some are morally questionable. A firefighter, for instance, might be given a quest to start a fire, just for the irony.

There are specific rules that I plan on adding to the OP when I'm feeling a bit less lazy. I'll also add a section explaining everything you can use dice for. Since the RP takes place in a separate universe from the webtoon, its not necessary to read it to join.

idontknowyou

idontknowyou

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationPortlandia

Definitely want to try this out

I might be able to help with some of the story or system related aspects

Cervance

Cervance

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts

Write an interesting character and the story will follow suit easily enough. I especially like when people write characters with a plan of what they want the character to become. If you PM me, I can help you out with that. That said, I appreciate blood and gore more than I do romance, so if you're asking for a soulmate and a "happily-ever-after" ending... well, the course of true love never did run smooth...

Re:daction

Potato

• Members
  • 164 posts
This looks interesting ^^

I'd be happy to help with stats & the like, though unfortunately as far as maps go, my computer graphics skills could use a few dice ⊙﹏⊙

My view on attributes is that it'd be a lot easier, rather than compiling a list of every reasonable way to spend points, to completely leave 'personal' attributes (height, wealth appearence etc.) to IC desriptions, start the Attribute Sheets with the just basic physical stats that'll be used in nearly any battle (something like Strength, Endurance, Agility, Flexibility [I include this since the Webtoon does, but it seems less than necessary (>.>) ], Reflexes, Stamina & perhaps Regeneration? I'm really not sure what Energy is supposed to be, Google Translate says the original text means 'Vitality', but it also gives me nonesense for the original text of 'Endurance' ~.~), & add extra stats from there individually as each character (w/ GM approval) starts to spend on them, emulating the sort of system seen in the webtoon.

eg, Dongtae's stats when he first rescues Byungchul from Bowlcut dude;
Spoiler

& Dongtae & Bowlcut's stats in chap 29:
Spoiler

So a new Dicer's Attribute Sheet might look something like:
Spoiler

& the same Dicer's stats ~100 dice later might look like
Spoiler

This saves anyone having to look at a myriad of 1's across stats they don't intend to use, & imo, makes it a bit more fun thinking up unique & powerful attributes :)

Edited by Roranosuke, 30 December 2013 - 08:16 PM.

Cervance

Cervance

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts

I like the idea of freedom with attributes. Be as creative as you like with them, and I'll just judge costs fairly. (Or unfairly, if it makes things more interesting, since that's what X likes >=D ) 

I'll list a few basic attributes for fighting, probably only three: Strength, Endurance, and Agility. That way people can have plenty of dice to spend on funner things, like amplified hearing, macroscopic vision, the works. Superhuman abilities will have to be put on hold however, until the webtoon explains how they're used.

As for attribute sheets, I'll take care of them myself. When I was looking at the numbers, it's difficult for me to tell exactly what 100 dice in strength do compared to 50 dice in endurance, so I think I'll use words and colors in addition to numbers in sheets to better show a character's strengths.

It's great that a few people are interested, but it amounts to nothing if you don't put up a character sheet. I'll be starting as soon as I've approved two sheets, so make your character quick and get a head start on collecting dice! =) I added a brief note about the setting and what kind of characters I expect, feel free to read it before you start your character sheet,

Edited by Cervance, 31 December 2013 - 03:32 AM.

Potato

• Members
  • 164 posts
Well, I suppose I might as well take the first plunge then...

Spoiler

Edited by Roranosuke, 01 January 2014 - 09:06 AM.

Cervance

Cervance

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts

I like him. What kind of person will Rae become?  Is he the hero of this story, who will grow into the leader of a revolution that brings forth a gushing torrent of change? Or is he less noble? Will the taste of power the Dice bring corrupt him? Or will he remain a weak-willed bystander, content to hide himself beneath the rocks? 

On a less flowery note, the profile is concise and descriptive; its an ordinary person, with an ordinary person's problems, and plenty of room for character development. I already have a quest line planned for Rae, which should give you the chance to set a benchmark for his character, and exactly how cowardly he is. 

At any rate, congratulations on becoming a Dicer, Jeung Rae!  :batoto_023:  :batoto_016:  :batoto_023:

idontknowyou

idontknowyou

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationPortlandia
Spoiler

How's this? Is a foreigner okay?

Cervance

Cervance

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts

Damn, what an ugly bastard. Kyon is certainly a very interesting character, I like him quite a bit. It'll be interesting to see how he interacts with other Dicers, since teamwork doesn't seem to be part of his agenda. X will thoroughly enjoy sabotaging his attempts to clean up his act, as well.

Congratulations on becoming a Dicer, Kyon Hoorda! :batoto_002:

As a side note, Batotonia is very culturally diverse, so you don't need to give your characters Korean names, unless you really want to

w4est

w4est

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 0 posts

This seems really cool! Mind if I join?

Spoiler

Lots of potential with dice's attributes ^.^

Cervance

Cervance

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts

Does Jani live in East City? The University of Batotonia is located in East City, so it would make sense. Money would certainly be an issue for him, if his only employment is pizza delivery. I like the character though. He lost his family, so he's trying to gain the respect of his peers. He trusts and listens to people easily, and while that's a good quality for making friends, it also lets him be tricked and conned. He's an overall reliable guy to have as a friend with a sturdy set of morals.

I can't wait to find out how much it costs in Dice and Bucks to corrupt him. Congratulations on becoming a Dicer, Jani Kelemen.

Oh, and I've decided that the currency for Batotonia is Bucks, and its equivalent to the Euro or American Dollar, since that's what I'm used to.

Athaleon

Athaleon

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
Name: Alex Johnson

Appearance: 5'10" decent build blonde hair green eyes male

Personality: Alex is a reserved and quiet character with very little presence. He is analytical and does a lot more time thinking to himself than talking to others.

Residence: Apartment, Either bad part of East City (if there is one) or West City, Suburbs

First Dice: On the way home from school a dicer tried to mug him for a quest. NAME got into a fight, and managed to beat the guy up a bit. The guy ran off and dropped a dice, since he wasn't aware that he completed the quest.

Organ Donor: Sure, why not.

History: Alex has had a pretty decent life so far. He lives in a someone poor household, but he's grateful for what he has. He isn't excellent at anything, but he can do most things pretty well.

Ending note: This character would be easier to role play as, but he's a little generic, and I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't really go anywhere.

OR

Name: Matthew Aldaine

Appearance: 5'11, neat brown hair, strong build, blue eyes.

Personality: Self centered and self absorbed. He is very cocky and acts like royalty, because he knows that he can get away with it. He's very social, and a player. He has pretty much everything he can get for a 17 year old

Occupation: Matthew just graduated from high school, soon he'll join some high standard university.
Residence: Some mansion in East City.

First Dice: One of his cohorts found out about dice, and offered him one.

Organ Donor: yes

History: Matthew has had it easy his entire life. He grew up with wealthy parents, and pretty much anything money could buy at his command. He has gotten bored because he believes that life is too easy, and has become fascinated by the dice.

Where I would like this character to go: I think it would be fun if this character ended up obsessing over dice and went crazy. Whether this means doing literally anything for dice, becoming a psychotic killer and going on a murder spree, or some other wonderful outcome, is up to how the plot progresses.

Ending note: I think this character would be harder for me to rp as, but the character itself is stronger, and has more places to go.

Edited by Athaleon, 03 January 2014 - 09:37 AM.

Cervance

Cervance

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts

You know, I can't decide which character you want to RP as myself! If you can't choose, just roll the dice.

My favorite characters to RP as so far have been ones with tragic flaws. Mr. Matthew Aldaine has the two biggest ones: pride and avarice. He doesn't necessarily have to become a serial killer to be a successful Dicer, either. Matthew's mentality would put him head-and-shoulders above the competition, and with the right moves, he could gain a significant advantage over other Dicers.

The other character, who was it again? I forgot. In any case, there's absolutely nothing I can think of for him. He needs some sort of conflict or aspiration or specialization for me to work with. Introspective jack-of-all-trades is fine, he just needs something unique. Perhaps he doesn't want to be a Dicer? Family troubles? A religious overtone?

And if it makes any difference, the only wrong way to RP is to write nothing at all. Don't be afraid to just jump in, you'd be surprised at what you come up with.

Athaleon

Athaleon

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
Cool. I'll go with matthew then.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

Well if your are still accepting characters, I'll like to try this out. Since the post rules interest me. :D

Spoiler

Edited by Diabolical Rhapsodii, 04 January 2014 - 04:52 AM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Crouching Bacon

Crouching Bacon

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 528 posts

Batotonia has a really small female dicer population, huh. >.>

Spoiler

Posted Image "Don't make me ship you!"

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

... This character I am writing screams Mary Sue to me, but whatever. I shall just leave him (or her?) here for your review :)

Spoiler

P.S.

I have never read the manhwa this RP is based off, so please forgive me for mistakes

And please do give me some pointers to avoid confusion in the long run when I do make them, haha  ^^;

Edited by Firebrand, 05 January 2014 - 08:05 PM.

w4est

w4est

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 0 posts

I can't wait to find out how much it costs in Dice and Bucks to corrupt him.

Mmmm. It might take more then the promise of furniture and wealth for his empty apartment in the east end to convince someone like him...

P.S.

I have never read the manhwa this RP is based off, so please forgive me for mistakes

And please do give me some pointers to avoid confusion in the long run when I do make them, haha  ^^;

It's a pretty good read, things are starting to pick up.

First 4 chapters are slow but kinda neccessary to explain the character.

Basically a unknown entity makes itself a GM to all those who obtain a dice.

He rewards people dice for completing what he wants them to do (even if it's bad...) which give points to level their attributes.

Edited by w4est, 06 January 2014 - 05:35 AM.