Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Will there be a season 3 ?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

The only reason why R+V is separated into two season, is because the author had to end it once, but then resumed it. Even if it were to continue beyond the final fight, there would be no "season 3"

"After the first series ended with the retirement of the Monthly Shōnen Jump magazine, and with the serialization in a second magazine, Jump Square, he retitled the second series to give it a sense of renewal."

It's not it was cancelled or anything, just that the magazine was retired and he decided to retitle it. So you never know, there could be another one and labeled "Season 3". Depends on how the last chapter wraps it up. It could be brought back at any time, though, if it does end for good I hope it finishes on a good note.

Edited by I-Am-X, 30 December 2013 - 11:09 PM.

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

kazuki22

kazuki22

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Locationworld~
Maybe she will make season 3.
2 more chapter aren't enought for good ending.
But it will be different matter if last 2 chapter each of them have more than 50 pagesmor if can 100 pages each chapter.
For sure we will have a good ending for this manga(maybe)

Lets hope best ending for R+V manga
let's be friend and help each other~

God is Great all The Time

Harbinger

Harbinger

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts

Hmm, Just one more chapter?

Is kind of a little rushed.

Not really like some axed stories where the author rushes the ending halfway into the story (Onihime Vs is a good example for that kind of ending)

It is more like he had to squeeze the ending into one or two chapter less than he originally intended to...

Looking for translated light novels?

Baka - Tsuki

There are MANY translated light novels, including Highschool DxD, Toaru Majutsu no index, Infinite Stratos, Seirei tsukai no kenbu AND Date a live (the Manga adaption of which got cancelled after chapter 6)

Vlaedr

Vlaedr

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I personally hope that there's a season three. There are still a lot of loose ends to tie up, like Moka's dad, and those loose ends could be used to set up some new major plotlines.

IShouldGetALife

IShouldGetALife

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

To be perfectly honest I wouldn't mind if it wrapped up after the fight as long as there was an actual ending, not like the book series I just finished (Wheel of Time), as long as the ending isn't either just the death of Alucard or ambiguous and it has some sort of conclusion (like but not restricted to the ever so cliche happily ever after finish).

Harbinger

Harbinger

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts

I personally hope that there's a season three. There are still a lot of loose ends to tie up, like Moka's dad, and those loose ends could be used to set up some new major plotlines.

Moka's dad?

For some reason I think he's the bus driver (the one who fought against Fuhai was a fake). Just some speculation, but Tsukune and Moka would be in for one hell of a surprise when the bus driver takes off his mask just when Tsukune and Moka are about to kiss and introduces himself :D

But yeah, season 2 has HEAVILY neglected the "school life comedy" part of R+V and also, remember just how long the chapters in season 1 were? Most of them were between 40 and 50 pages long. What a shame that the author had to shorten them.

Also, now that there is pretty much no way in hell to cover up the existence of the youkai from humanity (not after the display just now) we have the new issue of human-youkai relationship. The secret is pretty muc revealed (in one hell of a spectacular fashion too).

Spoiler

Humans in general (except Tsukune and those close to him) had a VERY minor role in R+V, that could change in S3

*Oh shit, I ended up writing a wall of text again -.-

My bad, added a spoiler tag to hide it so you can scroll over it if you are not interested

Edited by Harbinger, 01 January 2014 - 03:44 PM.

Looking for translated light novels?

Baka - Tsuki

There are MANY translated light novels, including Highschool DxD, Toaru Majutsu no index, Infinite Stratos, Seirei tsukai no kenbu AND Date a live (the Manga adaption of which got cancelled after chapter 6)

ChaosMarine

ChaosMarine

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

After this recent chapter, I definitely think there *could* be a third series.
There's already a plot idea("but let's save that story for another time"). Admittedly, the epilogue will most likely cover Tsukune's adjustment to being a full vampire, I think that is something that can be expanded on. Aside from those two things, as stated in this thread, there's plenty of other plot ideas that could be used to great effect.

@Harbinger, while I agree, we can safely assume it was Mikogami who brought Tsukune(and Hokuto) to Youkai in the first place, I don't think he did it that often. I think he brought Hokuto as a test, to see if it would work. We know he was the one who raised Moka, which suggests that he most likely knew what kind of personality would get along with her best, and assuming Hokuto was a test, that was "successful", he brought Tsukune in, because he knew he'd get along with Moka, and it would eventually bring us to this current point(Judging from Hokuto, it was inevitable for someone to learn that he was human, and that there'd be a monster who would inject their blood into them, to make them stronger, for their own varying reasons).

bunny_lover

bunny_lover

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

I just think this series is a bit played out at this point. There's not really much that can be done after saving Moka that won't seem too boring, pending they don't have to fight the headmasters. If they do get some bigger, badder enemy (or have to fight the headmasters), I'll probably stop reading the series. There's been so many predictable shounen twists in this last arc that it's gotten hard to read already. I hope the author calls it quits.

true that

harsein

harsein

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I clearly remember reading  that each season of R+V is a year in youkai high school and so the author wanted to make 3 "seasons" but here it's seems it's the end of the mangas maybe beacause of the author's sickness a while ago ?  but not sure so if anyone got information..

Helz

Helz

Potato

• Members
  • 196 posts

Soo.. When thinking deeper than just surface, there could be tons of material for "season 3" which just requires a good amount of makeup and  very good writing from author.. but yah, it could be possible and since questions like "wth Tsukune becomes" and so on are off from the table, it could really be refreshing start.

Well.. Good R+V has long been on fanfiction novel side since a bit past halfway of season 2 it just went into hellowa prolonged "Moka hunt".. There are also some chance to put up good battle scenes and interesting situations by showing that Vampires are far from unbeatable mosters if the plan is solid.

I want seinen version of Rosario + Vampire.. It could at least put some more grim, skin and gore into the scenes.

Fenrir98

Fenrir98

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationVenice, Florida
I would like their to be a series 3. Their might one because of something said at the last three pages of series 2.

Jonky

Jonky

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 17 posts
  • LocationItaly

Is the chapter 66.6 the last one? If it's so, I hope there will be a third season, because this chapter has left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Anyway, in the last page of this chapter, is written that it has been printed an epilogue in the SQ.19. Is that so?

Banner-per-firma-WDIB-Kuroha-Neko.png

Fenrir98

Fenrir98

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationVenice, Florida

Maybe. So please god let their be a season 3!

robertsjryan

robertsjryan

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationCA

the after made it seems like  there is a setup for a season 3

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

that or ... it's just to emphasis stronger "Open Ending" ...

Ship571

Ship571

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUSA

that or ... it's just to emphasis stronger "Open Ending" ...

I really hope it's season 3 because this open ending is stupid. Especially with him pinning still for outer Moka. But at least it seems he's starting to fall in love with true Moka. It's fine that she inheirits some of Akasha's traits, but I hope she stays gone, and inner Moka is the only Moka we'll have.

Tin

Tin

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I hope so.. cuz the story still hanging...

the ending.. it seem... no signs yet fully completed,

he not yet become headmaster,

and he still not strong enough..

and what's moka's father function as a trainer in just several pages?

and HE STILL CAN NOT LOVE MOKA COMPLETELY

AND YET HE STILL LOVE AKASHA

Jonky

Jonky

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 17 posts
  • LocationItaly

Seriously, if he doesn't continue the story, I will kick his ass. Who wants to go to Japan with me?

Banner-per-firma-WDIB-Kuroha-Neko.png

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

probably the mangaka also do this open ending, to see reaction from reader too ...

if the voter from tankubon buyer is high to continue this, then it might get continued ...

if not, then it's really the final ...

makoz

makoz

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

Why would there be a season 3? The meat of the story is done. (I prefer the pre-epilogue ending though).