Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Future Abilities

Future Abilities Stats Spells

• Please log in to reply
291 replies to this topic

JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 315 posts

It's a possibility. They would actually have to be instructional books though, not history/information.

Cookbooks should definitely count as skill books.

Technically they'd be recipe books. Pretty much the same deal, only they add a crafting recipe to your mental inventory.

Comerz88

Comerz88

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Locationger

1444.36049 KRW = 1 EUR

3000 South Korean won =
2.07650273 Euros

he can't buy any bock

But he can ask his mother  :unsure:

Olinser

Olinser

Potato

• Members
  • 144 posts

1444.36049 KRW = 1 EUR

3000 South Korean won =
2.07650273 Euros

he can't buy any bock

But he can ask his mother  :unsure:

That's just the money he had on him. He probably has more stashed back in his room,.

JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 315 posts

We haven't seen his full stat screen for a while. It's possible that the money stat doesn't represent the physical money he has in his wallet but the amount earned from defeating monsters. Just like how the items he was carrying weren't listed in his inventory until he specifically placed them in it.

So he might have more than 3000 won by now, since he's killed 50 zombies.

falk182

falk182

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 76 posts

So maybe he can literally make a living killing zombies?  I think that's what I'd call a pro gamer.

Posted Image

JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 315 posts

So maybe he can literally make a living killing zombies?  I think that's what I'd call a pro gamer.

Well that is the ability of a "gamer" isn't it? Economics of game worlds never make sense.

Comerz88

Comerz88

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Locationger

but he killed 50 zombis and ther is no differec

JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 315 posts

but he killed 50 zombis and ther is no differec

We haven't seen his money stat since then, actually.

Comerz88

Comerz88

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Locationger

We haven't seen his money stat since then, actually.

http://vatoto.com/read/_/206766/the-gamer_v1_ch11_by_bap-scans/9

http://vatoto.com/read/_/199599/the-gamer_v1_ch5_by_bap-scans/2

are you sure

ok not 50 but it shuld make a diferance

JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 315 posts

That assumes that every zombie kill provides money. Not every kill provided a soul stone so there's no reason that every kill might give him money. And he only killed a couple of zombies in the first ID compared to nearly fifty in the second.

Look, all I'm saying is that we shouldn't rule stuff out while we still don't know how the world and Jee-Han's ability work.

Edited by JackApostrophe, 10 December 2013 - 07:08 PM.

Jibii

Jibii

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Wow I completely forgot that I had made this post. 

Well alot have happend in the Manga since then soooo...

SO MANY POSSIABLITIES!

He got healing, Spellcasting, Ki tecnics, Dungeon creation :D 

Yes I made this post to talk about abillities only sooo sorry that I forgot about it.

In the future I predict: Alot of martial arts until he actually meets someone that can teach him different kinds of magic. I also guess he is going to get a fireball at some point, maybe indirectly learn it from that girl.

also I really hope he doesn't get Observe: Relations and love.... That would change the genre of the "game" he games. Apperes that he mostly plays Fantasy RPG not Romantic Haram Games and such soooo... I hope for the best !

JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 315 posts

Wow I completely forgot that I had made this post. 

Well alot have happend in the Manga since then soooo...

SO MANY POSSIABLITIES!

He got healing, Spellcasting, Ki tecnics, Dungeon creation :D 

Yes I made this post to talk about abillities only sooo sorry that I forgot about it.

In the future I predict: Alot of martial arts until he actually meets someone that can teach him different kinds of magic. I also guess he is going to get a fireball at some point, maybe indirectly learn it from that girl.

also I really hope he doesn't get Observe: Relations and love.... That would change the genre of the "game" he games. Apperes that he mostly plays Fantasy RPG not Romantic Haram Games and such soooo... I hope for the best !

There are plenty of RPGs with emotion stats and relationships. Xenoblade is absolutely lousy with it, for example. In that game every named character appears on on a special screen where you can observe relationships between them and other named characters and then attempt to improve them to make everyone happier. And this system extends even to the playable characters, whose relationships you can improve by fighting together and getting them to give each other presents, and the better friends they are the more bonus abilities each character receives and so on.

My favourite example is actually Final Fantasy VII, where depending on your actions in the first section of the game the main character will go on a date with one of the other characters. It's weighted towards the main heroine but if you do the right things you can also go with the two other female party members, and if you really know what you're doing you can even go out with one of the men in your party.

Edited by JackApostrophe, 10 December 2013 - 10:23 PM.

Aphixion

Aphixion

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Hes a game character right? Most similar to an mmorpg game too... so this whole time I've been wondering if he can re-spawn or have a recall home ability. He would pretty much become immortal though...

Olinser

Olinser

Potato

• Members
  • 144 posts

There are plenty of RPGs with emotion stats and relationships. Xenoblade is absolutely lousy with it, for example. In that game every named character appears on on a special screen where you can observe relationships between them and other named characters and then attempt to improve them to make everyone happier. And this system extends even to the playable characters, whose relationships you can improve by fighting together and getting them to give each other presents, and the better friends they are the more bonus abilities each character receives and so on.

My favourite example is actually Final Fantasy VII, where depending on your actions in the first section of the game the main character will go on a date with one of the other characters. It's weighted towards the main heroine but if you do the right things you can also go with the two other female party members, and if you really know what you're doing you can even go out with one of the men in your party.

From a more impactful standpoint, there are also numerous games that require certain levels of trust or relationship values for them to unlock skills, abilities, or Combo Attacks.

Frequently in many games, character specific sidequests are unlocked only at certain relationship thresholds. These quests can give you unique items, permanent stat boosts, unique crafting recipes, or even unique skills. In quite a few games trust level sidequests are the only way you can obtain each character's ultimate weapon or skill.

bkaa22

bkaa22

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 219 posts

I remember from chapter 1 that certain actions, if done a lot, could increase his stats. Such as studying may increase his INT. However, this action does not become a skill. My question is do skills also have the potential to increase stats? Like Rip, for example, is a skill that uses his STR for an attack. If he used that skill a lot would it eventually increase his STR? Just something that I was curious about.

jl1

jl1

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

I remember from chapter 1 that certain actions, if done a lot, could increase his stats. Such as studying may increase his INT. However, this action does not become a skill. My question is do skills also have the potential to increase stats? Like Rip, for example, is a skill that uses his STR for an attack. If he used that skill a lot would it eventually increase his STR? Just something that I was curious about.

I don't think it works in reverse like that.  Diligent studying increases INT, constant weightlifting or sprinting should increase STR or DEX, but skills relying on those stats don't update the stats themselves.  At least not in most games I can think of, though that's because the game logic gets complicated: yes, you can see a link between STR and Rip, but take Mana Bolt.  Damage may go up with intelligence, but in and of itself there's no reason what's basically shooting a fireball should make you smarter.  Or sticking with STR, take punching, which also relies on strength but won't necessarily make you stronger.  Still, since it's the world itself supporting Jeehan and not a programmer trying to figure out how to code every interaction, I suppose it's possible.

Edited by jl1, 13 December 2013 - 12:14 AM.

Vandalier

Vandalier

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts

yeah I remember that it was a lol worthy event regardless of who Cloud goes out with. that AC movie even won me a bet I had with a friend about that one dude being alive. By the way there are tons of games that have a relationship system one level or anther like "fire emblem" or "star ocean"

Through adverse Zahard will the monarchy of the great fisherman be in ruinous trouble: The young red black one will seize the hierarchy, The traitors will act on a day of drizzle.

castleguard215

castleguard215

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

That assumes that every zombie kill provides money. Not every kill provided a soul stone so there's no reason that every kill might give him money. And he only killed a couple of zombies in the first ID compared to nearly fifty in the second.

Look, all I'm saying is that we shouldn't rule stuff out while we still don't know how the world and Jee-Han's ability work.

Although I agree with your point, I disagree with him having made money off those 50 zombies. Reason being it seems like something he would definatly noticed and this would have been revealed to us the reader. I don't think it is something that would just be there in the backround for us to pick up on our own. Any way depending on the game undead might just not drop money while other types of enemies might. We will just have to wait and see though.

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.

It would seem odd to me if the abilities, given him by Gaia, directly gave him something Gaia normally smites people for.  Making money from nothing via magic is one of the things Gaia normally smites people for.  So I doubt killing zombies-->Real-world-applicable money is a thing that happens.  I can imagine perhaps some weird money-like thing he can use somehow within an Instant Dungeon to get crafting supplies or something, but not actual Won.

flowsthead

flowsthead

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,032 posts

In chapter 15 he will start Chunbumoon training. Since he learned Sword and Martial Art techniques, he will most probably practice swordplay and hand-to-hand combat, giving him Sword Mastery and Hand-to-hand Combat Mastery and a generic active Sword and Martial Art skill. Then most probably he will get could of Chunbumoon active skills during training as well.

What I'm curious about is the limitations of his Book Skill learning ability. So far it is clear that he can learn various clan's martial art skills that way. What about regular martial arts? If he went to a bookstore and picked up a boxing, fencing or karate book, would he be able to learn it like that? A medical book? Cookbook? If he can I guess he would get a message like "You have to buy the book before you can learn the skill" :))

Well, in Zelda games you can steal from NPCs with little to no detriment, so he should go to a library and learn a bunch of skills from the books there. He would just need to go to a guide section, since fiction probably wouldn't provide anything.

The face of the angel of history is turned toward the past. Where we perceived a chain of events, he sees a single catastrophe which keeps piling wreckage and hurls it in front of his feet. The angel would like to stay, awaken the dead, and make whole what has been smashed. But a storm is blowing from Paradise; it has got caught in his wings with such violence that the angel can no longer close them. This storm irresistably propels him into the future to which his back is turned, while the pile of debris before him grows skyward. The storm is what we call progress.
~Walter Benjamin