Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Future Abilities

Future Abilities Stats Spells

• Please log in to reply
291 replies to this topic

Jibii

Jibii

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Hey People 
I'm new here so take care of me.

But I was wondering. What Abilities and/or spells do you think the MC will take, and which do you hope he gets?

I was personally thinking something like: "Meditation" for faster Mana regeneration and maybe "Swipe" for an AoE attack as posible near future abilities.

I sure hope he becomes a Jack-O'-All-Trades with melee, spells, and what else. ^^

JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 315 posts

He's going to gain Cooking as his crafting skill. At least that seems the most reasonable way to learn to craft HP/MP restoration items.

Hellarion

Hellarion

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts

Although i don't think he will actually get this one (it's inner game mechanic), i am hoping for : "Touma's luck (To aru series)" - The ability to, while walking around, find a dark and evil cult trying to summon an ancient devil god or a high school female being kidnapped.
What i actually think he will get one of these days is the following lvl up on the observe skill: "Observe skill has evolved through a special act. You can now see friendship/love meters.", although i have mixed feelings about this becoming a harem...
Or perhaps magic spells. Haste/Regeneration/Empower weapon are really good for his actual style.

The Ostrich Sage

The Ostrich Sage

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • LocationOver there
Future abilities? Hmm id have to say possibly a temporary increase ability which increases his attack stats and health stats but has negative after effects and hes probably gonna gain some form of passive speech ability both of these powers would help him should a higher level person appear and the latter would be useful with his mysterious friend and as said above some sort of friendship tracker with acquaintance friend close friend and so on not sure about a love meter though and I wouldn't be surprised if come level ten a class selection screen or a talent tree appeared.

JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 315 posts

Although i don't think he will actually get this one (it's inner game mechanic), i am hoping for : "Touma's luck (To aru series)" - The ability to, while walking around, find a dark and evil cult trying to summon an ancient devil god or a high school female being kidnapped.
What i actually think he will get one of these days is the following lvl up on the observe skill: "Observe skill has evolved through a special act. You can now see friendship/love meters.", although i have mixed feelings about this becoming a harem...
Or perhaps magic spells. Haste/Regeneration/Empower weapon are really good for his actual style.

Affection stats are a real possibility, yeah. After all chapter one has a quest reward including "Increased trust".

If I had the Observe skill I'd use it on EVERYTHING.

moyra

moyra

Potato

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationOkinawa

I hope that the next skill ability he learns is to make an illusion barrier, then he can train anywhere and be as distructive as he likes. :P  

& then every thing can go back to normal when he dispells the illusion

yin-yang-harmony.jpg

Moyra Wendy Angela Darling

Spoiler

noctis

noctis

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 27 posts

I hope that the next skill ability he learns is to make an illusion barrier, then he can train anywhere and be as distructive as he likes. :P

& then every thing can go back to normal when he dispells the illusion

yin-yang-harmony.jpg

Spoiler

kutkint

kutkint

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

I just had a random thought. Seeing as special actions trigger new skills, what if he dressed up as something for halloween, lets say a tiger, and then got the ability to transform into an actual tiger. How awesome would that be.

JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 315 posts

I've been thinking about what Sun-Il said about the Interference Law... normally my instincts in a game are to go for a Mage build/class, but it seems like the best powers in this world are actually the ones that are low key.

Take Jee-Han's melee weapon skills. Right now if you saw him fighting with a bat, all you'd think was that he was fairly strong and pretty good with a weapon, which is something almost anyone could become if they put their minds to it.

But his new Energy Bolt skill, that's entering dangerous territory. An ordinary human simply cannot blast energy out of their hands, and if any normal people ever see him do that he might be in real trouble with Gaia. Sure it's useful inside an Illusion Barrier, but not in the real world.

Of course if you level even ordinary skills too high then they can become dramatic. For example his Physical Endurance skill could theoretically level up to the point that ordinary amounts of force don't affect him, which someone could spot. If he gets hit by a car and walks away then people are bound to think something crazy is going on.

kendama

kendama

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 332 posts

Of course if you level even ordinary skills too high then they can become dramatic. For example his Physical Endurance skill could theoretically level up to the point that ordinary amounts of force don't affect him, which someone could spot. If he gets hit by a car and walks away then people are bound to think something crazy is going on.

This scenario is actually very interesting. From what Shin Sun-il said, violations of the Interference Law presuppose intention. But wouldn't it be terribly unfair if Gaia punished an ability user for being hit by a car and surviving? I mean, who can forecast being involved in an accident? Or prevent it, for that matter?

In chapter 5, Jee-han ponders himself the possibility that, the way his body is, being involved in a major accident would probably be okay so long as his HP didn't go down to zero (death) and recovered later. So it seems impossible to inflict permanent damage on his body. I'm sure that would count as a situation in which "a normal person can tell something is wrong", but since Jee-han cannot help it, I wonder if Gaia would punish him for that. After all, it was Gaia herself who gave the skill to him, right?

So it's possible that Gaia is lenient on passive skills (at least this would make more sense than punishing people for essentially existing). But we will have to wait and see.

storyeater

storyeater

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Locationbehind you

This discussion also makes me think:Gaia punishes through random events,not by taking away power.So could he become strong enough for Gaia's punishment does not affect him?After all,a car crash or a lighting bolt can only drain so much hp.

Ignorance is a bliss...until you actually understand how many people ,including sometimes yourself,this ignorance destroyed.But,I guess that,when you understant that,you wont be ignorant anymore.

He who does not understand his mistakes,does not learn.He who does not learn,does not grow.He who does not grow,is already dead.

Moderation is the key to virtue.

Everyone claims that he learns from his mistakes,and yet,very few people do.Ah,pride,is it that you are so well hidden from a man's eyes?

kendama

kendama

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 332 posts

This discussion also makes me think:Gaia punishes through random events,not by taking away power.So could he become strong enough for Gaia's punishment does not affect him?After all,a car crash or a lighting bolt can only drain so much hp.

Well, this is akin to the question: can god create a rock so heavy he cannot lift it?

In this case (leaving aside the inner contradiction of the question and just assuming Gaia is not omnipotent), I think we can safely assume that Gaia can go from car crashes to meteor hits and volcanic eruptions and earthquakes and whatnot, and that she cannot make someone so powerful that she is left without an accident violent enough to kill them.

Unless, of course, she transfers the greater part of her own power to said person, which would make that person her successor in controlling the destiny of this world, and thus the whole Interference Law would become moot to that person.

After all, law is embodied in enforcement power: one doesn't exist without the other.

Dredcor

Dredcor

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Would be completely overpowered, but what if he could level up Observe to a point, where if he observed someone else using a skill, he had a chance to learn that skill?

Or maybe it could let him temporarily mimic the skill?

Edited by Dredcor, 02 November 2013 - 02:44 PM.

Bulzur

Bulzur

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

I find it interesting to give him the "Power Strike" ability, but not a "Dodge" ability.

He has to react all alone, and no skills seems to help him evade attacks, except his own reflexes. A "Dodge" skill with % to completely dodge, would be stupid indeed.

So what we have is :

-passive defensive skills to resist

-passive offensive skills (training with weapons)

-active offensive skills (Rip)

-active utility skills (Observe, Instant Dungeon)

Seeing as he won't always be able to dodge attacks, i recon he'll learn an active defensive skill, such as a barrier, an energy shield. I can't see him surviving without that one.

A passive mana regeneration, or the active cooking to craft HP/MP items (as said before), also seems likely.

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.

Would be completely overpowered, but what if he could level up Observe to a point, where if he observed someone else using a skill, he had a chance to learn that skill?

Or maybe it could let him temporarily mimic the skill?

You want him to get Sharingan? :D

When it comes to success in the real world, OK physical fighting skills do have the advantage that they're not obviously breaking any rules, but in the modern world they're kind of useless unless you want to become a gangster or something, and I doubt he does.

What would help for real-world success would be stats like Luck, Int and Wis on one hand, and skills that can help him socially on the other--charisma-type stuff that will make people take notice of him and be a bit more likely to give him that job or promotion.  Nothing too overt, if he grabs people by the mind and does charm/hypnosis stuff Gaia will get him.  But a little "Hey, this guy is cool, pay attention, not just another one of the hundred applicants" could be a major leg up.  Also as I said elsewhere, he can probably use the gamer ability to acquire normal-world skills and grind them quickly, like computer programming or physician or stuff.  If he became a doctor--or a pharmacist--he could probably translate that into serious healing abilities in the game world.

On the car-crash thing . . . I don't think it would be that huge a deal.  People would just figure they saw wrong, or think it was amazing but, you know, one of those things.  It would have to be a really extremely clear-cut (ahem) case before people assumed anything occult was going on.

Moyra:  He did learn to make an illusion barrier, so yeah, he should be able to do exactly what you're saying if he feels like.  Seems like the dojo people do that pretty big time.  I'm thinking maybe if he levels up that skill, he might also be able to populate it with minor monsters so he can squash them for XP.  After all, the other people call it an illusion barrier, but his skill says "Instant Dungeon".

On future abilities . . . well, learning to parry might be nice.  And working on that energy bolt could be useful--ranged attacks are nice, and that one has the advantage of being magical by nature too.  If it turns out there are things that are relatively immune to physical attacks, that might still work, or at least could be improved so it would.

Beyond that I just don't have a good enough picture of what else is out there.  If, for instance, there are lots of people with mind attacks, what he needs is different from if it's mostly martial arts.  That summoner guy seems to have some weird shit; what kind of ability would defend our hero against whatever that wave of blackness was that he released against the brothers?

But I'll say again:  Stealth is always useful.  Not sure it's his style, but being invisible and undetectable is really handy when it comes to not being killed, and it gives you a massive unfair advantage if you do want to fight.

One last thing:  He doesn't have a lot of hit points.  So far, we still don't know how he gets more, but he could use some.  I'm pretty sure there's a lot of stuff out there that can one-shot-kill him.  Aside from instant kills, the Gamer's Body is in itself a pretty massive advantage.  He heals 5 hits/minute.  Basically, you can almost kill this guy and in 40 minute he's fine.  And he never gets broken bones, organ damage et cetera (maybe with certain sorts of crits or special abilities he would).  As far as we know, everybody else doesn't have that.  They might be able to use magical/psychic/chi abilities to heal themselves, but their basic bodies may be normal people bodies.

Edited by Purple Library Guy, 03 November 2013 - 05:40 PM.

Dredcor

Dredcor

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

You want him to get Sharingan? :D

Well, it'd be cool, and completely overpowered.  So, yes, and no.  :P

JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 315 posts

The car crash was just an example of how over-levelling could theoretically lead to problems. We don't know enough of the rules to say what would and wouldn't break the Interference Law.

sorrow

sorrow

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 442 posts
  • LocationThe States, Colorado

In most games you get a pretty awesome self heal skill and since I don't picture monsters dropping health potions for him it is likely he will get a good heal skill soon.

Spoiler

You must die, I alone am best!

Posted Image

Signature: a swordsman in ‘Magician’

Spoiler

Locomoto

Locomoto

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationGalaxy Station - Pluto

One of the really OP skill in reality that you can have... is Magic. He's been getting these Melee skills or Physical Res. skills. If he have to experience it himself to learn skills, I was wondering how would he learn magic skills. Assuming you guys read Chapter 10, looks like skill books is the way to go!

With that said, yup! I hope he get Att. Magic Skills. Like something Fireball, Blizzard... Summoning skills would be cool. Or a Steal skill. Rather than stealing items, he can steal skills. YESHHHH. 

Laugh all you want at The Gamer ability, it's pretty powerful if used right. 

Castle Code: 06150-10443-85193-92784

Completed Conquest and Birthright <3

Currently grinding in Hard/Casual (because grinding in Lunatic is madness)

logo-fef-revelation.png

krow

krow

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationThailand

Well, this is akin to the question: can god create a rock so heavy he cannot lift it?

In this case (leaving aside the inner contradiction of the question and just assuming Gaia is not omnipotent), I think we can safely assume that Gaia can go from car crashes to meteor hits and volcanic eruptions and earthquakes and whatnot, and that she cannot make someone so powerful that she is left without an accident violent enough to kill them.

Unless, of course, she transfers the greater part of her own power to said person, which would make that person her successor in controlling the destiny of this world, and thus the whole Interference Law would become moot to that person.

After all, law is embodied in enforcement power: one doesn't exist without the other.

Nothing complicated like that is necessary in my opinion. Since it's a game like ability, mostly similar to a MMORPG, a server crash followed by a rollback is all that's needed to render him useless. The "server crash" could either be the destruction of the world or simply knocking the shit out of him and wiping his memory bank of all, either way is fine. There could also be game crashing bugs or simple bugs or a level cap.