Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[OOC] Blades of Fealty

Medieval Fantasy Blades of Fealty Roleplay OOC

• Please log in to reply
7206 replies to this topic

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts

An appropriate list for this world, but I don't necessarily want things to get too complex. Though I think weather control should be something only those that masters the four natural elements can have, ha ha.

Nepenthe

Nepenthe

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,650 posts
  • LocationThe Comfy Chair

Yes, makes sense. Hmm, now I'm wondering about ice and stuff. :/ Because frost mages are cool, too. XD

Not sure about plants and animals... but that leaves us with a very short list. In some ways, limiting the list of affinities reduces some of the appeal...though I see why it needs to be done.

By the way, what exactly do the Alchemists you mentioned do?

Previous Avatars • Music for February 21...not picked out yet.

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts

Alchemists are simply mages that stay in a village, town, or city, and use their skills to help out the local populace. While there are usually one or two in a village or small town, larger locations have more and often compete with each other for business. Essentially, think of them as handymen but they use magic to fix problems.

Also, I'm not making that list official. I like to think that there is a broad range of them, and that list you provided is merely a helpful general tip to know.

Okay, wow, that sounded a bit harsh reading that back. I mean, it's good list and I admire your thinking, but like you said, it does dilute the excitement a bit if we make it clinical like this. I think it's important to have people expand on things on their own while we each keep each other in line.

Edited by Liar, 05 August 2013 - 06:46 AM.

Nepenthe

Nepenthe

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,650 posts
  • LocationThe Comfy Chair

Ah, I see.

Well, I gotta turn in for the night. Will hopefully complete my bio tomorrow.

Previous Avatars • Music for February 21...not picked out yet.

Orcraniil

Orcraniil

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 368 posts

Not trying to rush people, but i'm curious, when is this thing starting? I want to know because i'm most likely going to be unavailable from the 12th to maybe the 30th, depending on how things turn out. I might be able to post, but it will be at a very limited capacity with my phone. Assuming I even have the time.

tumblr_n8afhdCGiX1sg8zvco1_500.gif

Spoiler

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts

I'm planning to start next Saturday on the tenth, unless there are those that opposes?

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

I'm planning to start next Saturday on the tenth, unless there are those that opposes?

How many approved character are there so far, Liar? I think we should wait until all of the main cast (children of vital characters at least) is assembled?

It could be hard to jump into an already running RP in my opinion..

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts

No one has submitted a child of the Noble, Cleric, and the Sorcerer yet. However, the first two people have said they wanted to make a character for them, leaving the Sorcerer's children untouched so far.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

I will need a pointer from Liar as to if my character got accepted.? If so, can I post my character in the new thread.

If so then as a being of darkness I think I should make my character to able to do only death and Necromancy spells as any other would unnecessarily make it powerful.

@Nep: Really liked the ideas of magic you proposed

My personal input is people can master conflicting elements like fire and Ice/ Death and Life so  that they can cover the deficiencies of their natural affinity with their developed one.

Eg: A Water mage who has some skill in Earthen magic can make his natural skill (water) more potent by incorporating earthen magic like Tendrils and stuff to enhance his spells

like, to cast a giant water blob, he will need to harness vapour from the air, this can be harnessed at an increased rate if he has plant magic that absorbs vapor quickly, thus doing his work for him.

Sorry if it doesn't make sense though 

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Orcraniil

Orcraniil

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 368 posts

I will need a pointer from Liar as to if my character got accepted.? If so, can I post my character in the new thread.

If so then as a being of darkness I think I should make my character to able to do only death and Necromancy spells as any other would unnecessarily make it powerful.

@Nep: Really liked the ideas of magic you proposed

My personal input is people can master conflicting elements like fire and Ice/ Death and Life so  that they can cover the deficiencies of their natural affinity with their developed one.

Eg: A Water mage who has some skill in Earthen magic can make his natural skill (water) more potent by incorporating earthen magic like Tendrils and stuff to enhance his spells

like, to cast a giant water blob, he will need to harness vapour from the air, this can be harnessed at an increased rate if he has plant magic that absorbs vapor quickly, thus doing his work for him.

Sorry if it doesn't make sense though 

I see where you're coming from with the magic, but I kind of think that may be over-complicating it a bit. I'm okay with magic in RPs and such, but sometimes I get a bit worried over just how powerful it is. If it is something that makes someone who knows little to no magic a pushover, then that means something is going wrong. Or that is the way I see it, anyways. Unless it was specifically pointed out to be a world where magic takes precedence over everything. There is a reason mages in video games are squishy, and that is because if they had the armor of a warrior, but the magic skills of your standard mage, they would be a game-breaker.

Just my little take on it.

tumblr_n8afhdCGiX1sg8zvco1_500.gif

Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

I see where you're coming from with the magic, but I kind of think that may be over-complicating it a bit. I'm okay with magic in RPs and such, but sometimes I get a bit worried over just how powerful it is. If it is something that makes someone who knows little to no magic a pushover, then that means something is going wrong. Or that is the way I see it, anyways. Unless it was specifically pointed out to be a world where magic takes precedence over everything. There is a reason mages in video games are squishy, and that is because if they had the armor of a warrior, but the magic skills of your standard mage, they would be a game-breaker.

Just my little take on it.

I am personally not for being the tank mages, you may have interpreted it wrongly.

Sorry for the ambiguity, I didn't mean over-powered mages in any way, what I meant is, that if this RP has a setting where we take on monsters/horde of darkness, then we have mages+summoners who give the Slaughter party (a.k.a   the Warriors) an equal footing to go against

Eg: Playing WoW, if you take on the Dragon queen , you'll need the squishy mage to cast a protective spell on you and counter her AoE spells so that you can hack her to pieces..that's what I meant with Elemental strengthening for mages

I am not proposing Boss level skills for each mage while the main dish is relegated to sidelines. 

I hope this clears it, Sorry for  the ambiguity again :)

EDIT: 

ANOTHER Eg: Take your character Tyr going against a host of 30 shadow Coyotes if you may like it, you have a sorcerer by your side that casts something like "Call of Hersir" (hope you like the reference) that strengthens your attacks or gives you a nasty air current attack with each swing of your halberd, it would mean you'll dispose the host faster then, the work is  still done by you mostly because , the sorcerer's 65-70% magical ability or mana if you will bear with me goes into controlling his spell to augment your support. That is what I was hinting at. Hope you don't mind 

Edited by Diabolical Rhapsodii, 05 August 2013 - 11:20 AM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts

My only problem with your character, Diabolical, is that he's portrayed as the older brother of Geo's character. Canonically, the Necromancer only began learning necromancy from the witch after her husband died and her son was born. So if your character was made a little younger than Geo's, then you'll be fine. Also, although your character was born from darkness, Diabolical, he does not, in fact, control darkness or holds the same properties as the monsters, beings, and other things everyone will be facing.

Crouching Bacon

Crouching Bacon

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 528 posts

._.

what? >.>

dogs smell butts. potates must have a similar way of doing things, right? RIGHT?

8O

anyways, back to topic. XD

i wonder what 22 is planning to play as?

Posted Image "Don't make me ship you!"

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

This is relevant.

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts

Paper! Your character needs an epithet.

Erm, nevermind. I just saw it.

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

It should be "Lily of Light".

Or something with Lily.

I like Saber Lily.

Edited by ~L~, 05 August 2013 - 01:51 PM.

Crouching Bacon

Crouching Bacon

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 528 posts

Ugh, i suck at epithets.

I'll go edit it then~

how about "The Tiger Lily?"

or the burning flower?

shit, i am bad at this. >.>

Posted Image "Don't make me ship you!"

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

Eh, gatekeeper (my epithet) is only good because some game have a badass boss named gatekeeper XD

Yours is not bad Paper, just a bit.. I don't know, I expect more of a wind-based epithet when I read your story.

She is a bit like a small storm inside the royal family :P

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

Lily of Illumination, taking from your bloodline.

Blooming Heart of Fire, if you want flowers and fire in something... Also taken from how head-strong your character is.

Lemme think some more...

Something simple, The Warrior Princess...

I dunno, is there anything you wanted specifically? Your current isn't bad per say though, but if you want something new...

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

My only problem with your character, Diabolical, is that he's portrayed as the older brother of Geo's character. Canonically, the Necromancer only began learning necromancy from the witch after her husband died and her son was born. So if your character was made a little younger than Geo's, then you'll be fine. Also, although your character was born from darkness, Diabolical, he does not, in fact, control darkness or holds the same properties as the monsters, beings, and other things everyone will be facing.

Okay got your point on the darkness aspect, but I think that my origin wouldn't clash as I am the adopted one..but If you persist, I have no problem in making him younger, I'll PM Geo if you do plan to make me do so.

Edit:

Actually i have a little problem, my age plays a role in the backstory and my eventual estrangement to Geo's character, so please do give a remedy if you need me to change the age.

Sorry for imposing

Edited by Diabolical Rhapsodii, 05 August 2013 - 02:53 PM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler