Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

How is this Romance?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

TRMshadow

TRMshadow

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 37 posts
  • LocationThe Internet (Florida)
I mean... there have been little cutesy references by the two kids, but I almost always took those as jokes. I have yet to notice any REAL romance... if my memory serves me right.

anyone agree with me? explain why it has this tag...
Certified Grammar Nazi

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts
I wondered the same thing a while ago.

But there are like 300 raw chapters, so who knows what will happen? :D

KidCongo

KidCongo

Global Moderator

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,768 posts
Maybe there's some romance, after
Spoiler

For all those thinking of thanking me for the scanlations, I only upload them, and I'm just a mod here. Please leave a message on the actual groups' pages that do all the hard work.

TRMshadow

TRMshadow

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 37 posts
  • LocationThe Internet (Florida)
Wow, 300? Sounds good, now I'm REALLY looking forward to it!
Certified Grammar Nazi

Ge4ce

Ge4ce

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
I'm looking forward to them. I really like how this manga manwa is pacing forward.

Edited by Ge4ce, 10 September 2011 - 10:31 AM.

Iniki

Iniki

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationAnywhere and Everywhere
I bet the romance has something to do with the red haired girl (can't remember her name now...) and edermask. It's kind of a longshot, but it seems likely to me really...

Rinroken

Rinroken

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts
Seriously? Its quite obvious she has feelings for Enzu. Hes the whole reason she left on this journey. She doesnt show the typical blushing and passive comments but thats just her personality. They've always been together. Besides, their relationship is budding and they are come out of their "childhood friend" phase. Its obvious Enzu cares for her as well. It wont be long before he gets a pep talk from the guy Edermask said he was similar to and he resolves himself to becoming stronger to protect her. Hes still on his revenge trip and the story is focused on unfolding the main plot. The love is there but its being foreshadowed by the plot surrounding Edermask.

Colour

Colour

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 877 posts
  • LocationIn a Box of Crayons
I've just started reading this and that is because I seen Romance in the Genre. So far I like this but I really would like to see some Romance Developments some time in the near future.

No Comment

No Comment

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationEarth

Seriously? Its quite obvious she has feelings for Enzu. Hes the whole reason she left on this journey. She doesnt show the typical blushing and passive comments but thats just her personality. They've always been together. Besides, their relationship is budding and they are come out of their "childhood friend" phase. Its obvious Enzu cares for her as well. It wont be long before he gets a pep talk from the guy Edermask said he was similar to and he resolves himself to becoming stronger to protect her. Hes still on his revenge trip and the story is focused on unfolding the main plot. The love is there but its being foreshadowed by the plot surrounding Edermask.

But that's what they always want you to think in these things. And then the older guy comes along and captivates the girl while the other guy gets left in the dust. That's probably why people are a little cautious here.

Posted Image

Spoiler

Kazuha

Kazuha

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationSlovakia
There is a lot of potential for romance. But I think Enju's love is unrequited as for now. Iremi likes him as a brother. I think something will be going on between Iremi and Edermask later. When she grows up. How old could she be now?
As KidCongo said
Spoiler

Remember the pretty sleeping girl at the end of chapter 68? My wild guess is that she is Enju's future love. You can laugh, but one day you will remember my words :).

kishore

kishore

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationChennai
umm i read 15 chapters and i think it has a lot of lord of the rings influence, especially the eye.

Also irumi?(red haired girl) cant like edermask cause hes a granpa :)

Kazuha

Kazuha

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

umm i read 15 chapters and i think it has a lot of lord of the rings influence, especially the eye.

Also irumi?(red haired girl) cant like edermask cause hes a granpa :)

It's Iremi :). Sure, Edermask is a grandpa, but he is cool and so handsome. Have you seen the body in the last chapter? Probably not, since you have read only 15 chapters. And you are a man so you wouldn't really appreciate, but I can tell you he is exactly the type women fall for :).

kishore

kishore

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationChennai
@ kazuha. sure i agree with what you said but it'll be sad cause enzu must have liked or been in love? with her since childhood i.e years, but then this guy steps in... :/ well only time will tell i guess. I'm in the 39th chapter now sooo... i'll talk to u again when i reach the latest chapters.

angel of death

angel of death

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
Why can't Iremi and Enzu hook up? Yeah, it looks like Iremi is chasing after Edermask ( really, how old is she?????) but when she grows older, she'll grow out of it. When she becomes a cougar and Enzu is gone (dumped or dead, whichever) she'll go after him again.

TheSingleBest

TheSingleBest

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
maybe they will do a thing when iremi grows up later. Since endermask cant age. It would be interesting if they did a time skip

Kosta789

Kosta789

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
I think romance could deepen the plot in some ways, but I truly enjoy the series as it is. I don't think Edermask would ever be seduced (even by Matthew with them big ol' half dragon boobies) because he seems like he has a thing for the lady that is being protected by his former student. I forget her name, and they obviously share a history that hopeefully will be explained somewhere in the story. Nonetheless, the children are still pre-pubescent so I don't really see much romance happening there. I love this manga, so really, I will readily await new chapters rather if they contain romance or not.

Kiku.123

Kiku.123

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
Well there could be romance but, so far (ch 160) there is NONE. (well a little bit, but not enough for a romance tag. It is about as much romance as Naruto...)

TL;DR Can somebody who can please remove the romance tag? (or post why this should be tagged as romance)

oliverwashere

oliverwashere

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Locationthe chasm of sleep
What the merchant and Matthew have could be considered mild romance. Ditto with Iremi/Enzu and D/Maudlen. There might be a love triangle between Arumio, Edermask, and the comatose Natasha.

TheOwlEmpress

TheOwlEmpress

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationBoston, Massachusetts

It's Iremi Posted Image. Sure, Edermask is a grandpa, but he is cool and so handsome. Have you seen the body in the last chapter? Probably not, since you have read only 15 chapters. And you are a man so you wouldn't really appreciate, but I can tell you he is exactly the type women fall for Posted Image.

ummm... sorry but I don't think that's going to happen ._. Have you SEEN Enzu when he's grownup? He's a hunk *Q*... That's all I'll tell you...
Posted Image

Kazuha

Kazuha

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Well there could be romance but, so far (ch 160) there is NONE. (well a little bit, but not enough for a romance tag. It is about as much romance as Naruto...)

TL;DR Can somebody who can please remove the romance tag? (or post why this should be tagged as romance)

Have you seen the side story? There it is! There is the long expected romance :D.