Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Kubera Season 2 discussion raws

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20562 replies to this topic

microlm

microlm

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 355 posts

Hopefully next time Agni confronts him about this, Gandharva will finally just pick a side instead of this wishy washy half-hearted helping he's doing. Assuming Gandharva will get another chance.

battradio

battradio

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 957 posts
  • LocationNear ST. Louis MO USA

About Ananta not having lovers. Does the Korean word used imply he never had sex or only that he never had a relationship with a partner he loved, or is it ambiguous?

But the specific period of time a god presides should be universal, so visnu's hour should be the same period of time on all planets, even if the specific hour is different and even if it starts at different times.

On the other hand, if it's dependant on each planet's date then it means that the distribution of attributes is part of Kubera's domain.

Well the length of day of its planet is set by the rotation , and no two planets will rotate the same rate and have the same length of day , so getting hours to coincide by day would nigh be impossible . On earth the moon cycle determines the month length  for the most part , on Willarv i don't remember if there is a moon, but they do have 12 months . The year would be determined by how long it takes for the planet to go around it's its star .I would not be possible to get the days of the months and hours of the days to match up , on each planet . the 12 gods would have their domains of months,  hours and days but there is no way they can coincide .

What i am saying , when they changed planets the attributes realigned to Willarv , because Carte cease to  exist and what set their attributes also ceased to exist .

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

On Ananta, his blog profile says this:

생전에 부인은 커녕 애인도 없었다고 알려져있다.

As far as I can tell, it means: "In his lifetime, let alone a wife, he wasn't even known to have a lover."

So, you Could say it's ambiguous, but he most likely didn't have a sura lover from his clan, or the rest of his clan would have easily known.

Oh-hoh, Currygom's blog comments on how they've only tried to pair Saha up with pureblood fiances. Yes, I Am curious about that. I could think of several reasons:

- They Want him to outlive his wife and make more kids with another (uh...)

- ... especially if more promising matches come along (uh...)

- or it could be that his lifespan was shortened from attempting to summon Surya, perhaps right after the Cataclysm, so they tried to find him a pureblood to match.

Otherwise, no idea. D:

On attributes: well yeah, that was the theory. Since different planets have different orbits, going from one planet to another could mess up your attributes. Good point on the fact that traveling may not change their attributes, but the destruction of their planet might.

The strange thing is that Mirha powered down but is still a Triple... so there's a real question about how exactly the trip affected them all. There's also Asha and Mirha's missing limbs. We should make a compilation one day. It seems, even though Asha's story seems to be coming to a climax, in truth there are still a lot of mysteries remaining, regarding her and her planet (speaking of which, we still don't know what's up with Asha's arm x'D ).

As for Lilia being like that because she was saved by a god, well, I didn't get that vibe from her before, and at least, Mirha doesn't seem to care that much about gods. Recall Asha's trial: it didn't sound like either of them invoked gods/oracles in a particularly strict way ('how dare you mess around with someone who received the blessings of a god / how dare you blasphemously claim she received the favor of a god').

Edited by Mizura, 19 January 2016 - 12:11 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

smtmissin

smtmissin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 821 posts

It's possible the children between 2 quarters are often inferior, despite being a quarter. Perhaps they found out a half, a quarter with a half parent or a pure blood often have higher magic abilities than quarters born of 2 quarter parents (eg. Mr Ari).

Boggyb

Boggyb

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 891 posts

Did Chandra go with Kasak to the Taraka realm or is he on vacation? Assuming he can teleport to any shadow like Agni can to any fire, he should be back in Rindhallow/Aeroplateau by now.

smtmissin

smtmissin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 821 posts

I thought he's still maintaining the barrier in Atera (Samphati may have already escaped from the Crescent Gate)? It's possible he can only teleport when it's dark, not when there's shadow.

About Brilith, it's like Mizura said, it's interesting to see how she is viewed from different people's perspectives. She's well-loved in Atera but may not be somewhere else. Commoners may like her but that may not be the case for other magicians. She may be revered during peace time but may not be during wartime, because it's when her incapacity is clearly shown, and people need someone to blame.

Maybe now Sagara can find something in Brilith she can sympathize with.

Edited by smtmissin, 19 January 2016 - 01:41 AM.

Popcrazy

Popcrazy

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • LocationHint: there's lots of people

nice! looking forward to this asha/sagara/kubera showdown. 

will Leez wake up anytime soon? Asha standing over her like that..not the best place to be right now....

and Yuta's nowhere to be seen...

Rana really wears the pants in the relationship, huh? :P 

feel bad for Brilith, all these ppl talking bout her

when shes stuck in some limbo state between being dead and alive. Will she even have a part to play in all this? like at all?

ironmonk

ironmonk

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 374 posts

Sagara, kick her androgynous ass!

Stagehand

Stagehand

Potato

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • LocationWherever a moocher may mooch

Gandharva, you fucking failure. It's almost as if he's so good at being evil that whenever he tries to do good, he just does more evil. It's probably not a coincidence that his heyday was back when he was evil. Guy should just quit kidding himself and either go full villain or just become a hermit.

I'm curious to see what Hura's up to. The character plays dumb and even acts that way, yet keeps giving us hints that there's far more going on beneath the surface. Hopefully we'll get some payoff sometime soon.

Meanwhile, Asha is in full "F the world" mode.

Boggyb

Boggyb

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 891 posts

I'm curious to see what Hura's up to. The character plays dumb and even acts that way, yet keeps giving us hints that there's far more going on beneath the surface. Hopefully we'll get some payoff sometime soon.

I wouldn't say Hura plays dumb. More like he's a loose cannon because he's nigh immortal, so there aren't really consequences to himself from his actions. Other sura might see that as dumb, but I doubt many of them have anything close to a similar perspective, even among the Asura.

Nestrior

Nestrior

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 539 posts
  • LocationDown in a sea cavern near the very bottom

The Kubera Calender System only requires the distance traveled during a self rotation of the planet to be 1/432 of its orbit. Days can easily be divided into 24h that consist of 60min each à 60 seconds, from which the exact definition is variable, everything just needs to sum up to the 86400 seconds of each day.
Since the base is variable, but the principle is the same it is also rather easy to directly transfer the birth attributes. Though I do wonder if it actually works. Especially in this case where the home planet was destroyed. Do we know if Isholy is still up in space? I have the crazy theory that triples are safe, because they are "blessed by the Gods", 

Hura has some kind of agenda. That was already clear in Kalibloom. I am only wondering if he is acting on his own or on orders from somebody.

Mainly use my abstractly thinking and analytical brain to construct theories in order to solve the endless mysteries of Kubera instead of doing something really useful with it. So I will try to support most theories with more substance, if you want it or not.

Click here for a guide how to purchase the book version of Kubera.

Tierra

Tierra

Baked Potato

• The Company
  • 1,912 posts
  • LocationGermany

Well, people in Kuberaverse seem to see their birth attributes as kind of god-given/fated. I remember reading "the gods blessed you with triple attributes".

I think the time you are born you are "blessed" by the protector gods and that blessing won't change even if you change planets...

~*~ Kubera ~*~ Kubera Wiki ~*~ Kubera Fanart ~*~ Kubera TL(En)~*~

~*~ Smile today, tomorrow could be worse. ~*~

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Here is a compilation of irregularities from Carte so far:
  • Random fact: there is only one magic school on Carte, Eos.
  • Drop in power: Mirha and Lilia were honor students at Eos, but it was stated that Mirha had a considerable drop in power (and is currently rank #16). Likewise, Lilia, who was #2 in her class from enrollment to graduation, is only rank #28 (Rana is #24 and Eline is #21), which is probably too low to dismiss it as just "Willarv has more talented magicians". Also, it is stated that Urha (rank #9) has an A+ rank (instead of AA), but not because of the barrier test. (2-126)
  • Oracles: Claude pointed out that among those who received an oracle, one of them is Asha's enemy. Mirha silhouette appeared then, implying that she, too, got an oracle. In 2-126, Urha also asked Mirha whose 'side' she will take in this war, so Mirha is aware of the ongoing events to a point. OTOH, it appears Mirha doesn't have the same full set of information as Asha, since she didn't realize Asha went around killing Halfs.
  • Missing limbs: Asha is missing an arm. Mirha is missing legs.
  • Concentration of attributes? Mirha is triple vayu. Both Asha and Lilia appear to have a vayu attribute. Urha is triple indra however.
  • Unusually high number of hoti asvins uses: both Asha and Lilia appear to display this.
  • Hair color: predominance of hair colors.
Now, I used to think something along the lines of, attributes can be recalculated by just taking the same moment of birth on both planets or the likes. I then realized that this should be impossible, because... relativity. You know, the story about twin brothers, one traveling at the speed of light and one staying on a planet. This seriously messed up some things, though I'm not sure whether Currygom took this into account.

I then considered another possibility, which is, what if the magicians take on the attributes of the moment they arrive on the planet, or at least one or two attributes get modified by some outside interference (I mean, the hour attribute could be fuzzy right)? But wait! Asha and say... Mirha, don't have the same attributes. But didn't they say that Rao Leez boarded the LAST transport from Carte to Willarv? There may have been several in-between (and this would explain why Vayu made Rao a weapon: because he's not always around).
- Mirha and Lilia could have boarded a same one and ended up with their attributes re-written to Vayu, resulting in lots of Carte natives working in Aeroplateau,
- Asha boarded a different ship.
- But Lilia, for example, could have been originally a mostly Asvins magician, accounting for her high hoti asvins uses even after traveling.
- Mirha is a genius, so she remains good at vayu magic, but was originally much stronger with another attribute.
- Finally, Urha (who arrived much earlier) wasn't originally triple indra, so that's why he got an A+ ranking.

What about Asha though? Hey, look at this:
Asha's "birth date": D996, 11th month (marut), 21st day (indra), hour of vayu (8 to 10 am)

Asha's murder record:
N5 11 22 19: 11th month (marut), 22nd day (kubera), 19th hour (kubera)
N6 01 10 23: 1st month (nil), 10th day (kubera), 23rd hour (death)
N6 01 11 00: 1st month (nil), 11th day (marut), 00 hour (nil)
N6 04 07 02: 4th month (brahma), 7th day (agni), 02 hour (varuna)
N6 06 32 00: 6th month (surya), 32nd day (varuna), 00 hour (nil)
N6 08 35 17: 8th month (varuna), 35th day (marut), 17th hour (indra)
N7 02 02 22: 2nd month (chandra), 2nd day (chandra), 22nd hour (yama)

I thought that Asha must have desperately used hoti visnu for some reason right upon arrival. But what if it was just her starting her murder spree, the day right After she arrived? Incidentally, Brilith summoned Agni in the month of July (ch. 11). So it occurred earlier.

I'd like to point out something else, her last use before disappearing:
N12 11 21 23: 11th month (marut), 21st day (indra), 23rd hour (yama) (<- different time zones could account for this last one)

What we have here is a near perfect 7 years cycle, between her arrival (?) and her moment of disappearance. She then re-appeared 3 years later. But wait, she disappeared for a bit less than 3 years, since Leez's birthday was in the 10th month. However, Asha spent a month in bed in Atera, even though she claimed that the barrier posed no resistance whatsoever. Was she really recovering from powering the barrier, or was she perhaps recovering so that a -perfect cycle of 10 years would end-? After all, she faced the risk of Leez discovering her childhood friends, the longer she stayed. I mean, why did she go to Atera in the first place, instead of heading straight for her next destination?

And the day she finally recovered and started moving again? The day of her "birthday."

That said, an equally plausible explanation to her stay in bed would be Visnu instructing her to wait until her birthday, as she obtained items necessary for travel then. Of course, it could be several things at the same time.

I'm not entirely convinced of this theory, but it's something to ponder over. In any case, there are still lots of unresolved mysteries regarding Carte.

Edited by Mizura, 20 January 2016 - 08:16 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,

Indigo July

Indigo July

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 36 posts

Wow, that might explain the strange look Asha gave Brilith during their magic exam, when Brilith asked Asha what her attributes were, and whether they were of any use.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Incidentally, I've been re-reading some arcs to look for things I may have missed. Several things:
- I think Brilith may have been the one to fix Asha's hair
- Asha is one crazy psycho D:
- In fact, upon re-reading it, it becomes more evident that Asha seems mentally unstable. You see more easily how often she's losing it.
- Ran and Rana's antics don't seem so jarring anymore, probably because we're no longer dying for more info on other parts. I actually found it interesting that other topics were being addressed. Also, it becomes more evident that Rana was very stressed out by the upcoming war, and their behaviors seemed like... realistic stupid humans, really. People do act stupid when pride and tension and plain not knowing what to do settle in. Now that it doesn't feel like 'they nearly took an entire week's worth of a chapter!', it feels rather spontanous.
- I bet Asha was to have a lifespan of exactly 18 years. After hoti yama, her hair seemed pretty long, so that may be after her reamining year is up.
- Could Claude have cast hoti yama on the ship the day before? Is that why hoti asvins couldn't fix it?
- Asha was disapproving of how Claude used bhavati yama to take over a human, but Claude could use bhavati vayu just fine. Lots of practice before?

Edited by Mizura, 20 January 2016 - 09:53 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

d0pesmoker

d0pesmoker

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationMother Russia

- Asha was disapproving of how Claude used bhavati yama to take over a human, but Claude could use bhavati vayu just fine. Lots of practice before?

I thought about it last time when re-reading "Kubera" too. "Bhavati" spells can be casted only if you have appropriate attribute. So can it be that using bhavati yama on someone also allows to use abilities of this person?

edit: lol, so if Claude will use bhavati yama on sura, transcendentals will be available for him? Oo

Edited by d0pesmoker, 20 January 2016 - 12:20 PM.

Find your own Gods

not in dreary chapels and dismal shrines

but under the stones and streams 

in faint mist and familiar hills 

through soft morning light

behind the shadow of trees

Me on tumblr: https://chikoryjelly.tumblr.com/

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts
  • LocationSomewhere I can daydream in peace, hopefully.

I remember pointing out the birthday use  but no one cared back then... Bah whatever. 

Your theory seems good, but maybe Urha just didn't get rewritten? He arrived before the cataclysm, no reason for stuff to be messed up..? Idk. It's fishy anyway.

Some stuff I made: All's here!

My profile on fanfiction.net is here.

Check Kubera out if you don't know it!

Because it's fun to see Leez dying inside and outside all over the place it's a story of romance, psychology and humor. And horror. A little. 

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
^ Which part did you point out? I recall discussions on how attributes could be modified after traveling from one planet to another, but I forgot who said what. The part I wanted to point out this time was the 10 year cycle though, and how, if the changed attribute really is based on the time of arrival, then it'd confirm the date of Asha's arrival (and how this seems supported by her murder record).

If you noticed the 10 year cycle then props to you. xD

About Urha, it's hard to tell I guess. There is Something up with him, in any case.

On Claude: it was said that Rindhallow had lots of suras locked up for practice, so Claude could have practiced using transcendentals. He may be a natural at using the abilities of others, so that may account for his extraordinary ranking. After all, hoti yama doesn't work against suras and works very slowly, and he is so-so at barriers, so his high test scores must come from somewhere else.

Regardless, I doubt bhavati yama allows you to use other people's abilities so easily. Like, taking over Asha shouldn't suddenly make you a master at calculating. So, Claude must have taken over other humans before to practice bhavati spells.

Edited by Mizura, 20 January 2016 - 01:12 PM.

3492bk6.jpg

d0pesmoker

d0pesmoker

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationMother Russia

Of course it can't be easy to posess somebody and use bhavati magic without even understanding how it works. Idk about mental abilities, it seems to me that bhavati yama gives an opportunity to use bhavati spells in accordance with birthday attributes of posessed person, i mean, it expands magic abilities, not mental.

it was said that Rindhallow had lots of suras locked up for practice

Yeah, thanks, i forgot about it

Find your own Gods

not in dreary chapels and dismal shrines

but under the stones and streams 

in faint mist and familiar hills 

through soft morning light

behind the shadow of trees

Me on tumblr: https://chikoryjelly.tumblr.com/

Selenianece

Selenianece

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 707 posts
Maybe magic colleges teaches all kinds of spells regardless of the person's attributes, and then people choose to specialize on what's the best for them? Like, all magicians know how bhavati spells work, even though no one but the attribute owners would use it. (Sort of like how you choose your speciality after you study everything about your job in college)

Edited by Selenianece, 20 January 2016 - 04:24 PM.