Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Favorite Quote

• Please log in to reply
3456 replies to this topic

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  • Locationsometimes here, most of the time there.
These are some of my favorite quote (anime/classic book origin)

>There is no such thing as a weapon that doesn't kill.. (Saishuu Heiki Kanojo)

>It' s better to die TRYING than to die doing NOTHING. (? XD)

>"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. (detective conan/Sherlock Holmes)
>Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only truth. (Fullmetal Alchemist)

>if you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident (darker than black)

>Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That’s why we call it the present. (Forgoooot :|)

zilentworld

zilentworld

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationSeventh Heaven Bar
"Human's legs are so short, they can't even reach the future ahead of them" - Minami Rinta (Air Gear)

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
These are all the ones I put on my facebook page.... I have a lot more but too lazy :P

Spoiler

Edited by Saphsin, 19 November 2011 - 04:46 AM.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

KidCongo

KidCongo

Global Moderator

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,768 posts
I was reminded of this one recently by a comment on slashdot:

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.

James D. Nicoll

For all those thinking of thanking me for the scanlations, I only upload them, and I'm just a mod here. Please leave a message on the actual groups' pages that do all the hard work.

Haganai

Haganai

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationBatoto
Indonesia:
"Yang menang belum tentu benar, yang benar pasti menang"

English:
"The winner is not necessarily right, the truth will surely win"

Can anyone do a better translate of this?

Colour

Colour

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 877 posts
  • LocationIn a Box of Crayons

Indonesia:
"Yang menang belum tentu benar, yang benar pasti menang"

English:
"The winner is not necessarily right, the truth will surely win"

Can anyone do a better translate of this?

Dunno. Do you consider Google Translator better :D

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
- If you're not good enough, it doesn't mean you can't be better for the next time :3

From my crazy little friend! Made me laugh so hard.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
If someone told me that I could live my life again free of depression provided I was willing to give up the gifts depression has given me: the depth of awareness, the expanded consciousness, the increased sensitivity, the awareness of limitation, the tenderness of love, the meaning of friendship, the appreciation of life, the joy of a passionate heart - I would say, ‘This is a Faustian bargain! Give me my depressions. Let the darkness descend. But do not take away the gifts that depression, with the help of some unseen hand, has dredged up from the deep ocean of my soul and strewn along the shores of my life. I can endure darkness if I must; but I cannot live without these gifts. I cannot live without my soul.’

- David N. Elkins

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
"The boy's screams excited me far more than yours." - Tomo (Fushigi Yugi)

"Biologically, I'm a girl.." - Haruhi (Ouran higshchool host club)

Dante

Dante

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationNot as far as you think.....
It's from TWGOK (The World God Only Knows) ch 113 : A.I. From Page 7 onward

Spoiler

Spoiler

This chapter punch me really hard, make realize something that sometimes i miss to look.

Edited by Dante, 24 November 2011 - 12:19 PM.

Posted Image
"Anything that doesn't end... Is like some shitty game !" by Keima Katsuragi

Haganai

Haganai

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationBatoto
"Urusai urusai urusai" -lol- (i win)

@
Google translator were worse, so i change it, but am not satisfied with it :P

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

"Urusai urusai urusai" -lol- (i win)

Are you referring to Shakugan no Shana?
-------------------------------------
My conception of freedom. — The value of a thing sometimes does not lie in that which one attains by it, but in what one pays for it — what it costs us. I give an example. Liberal institutions cease to be liberal as soon as they are attained: later on, there are no worse and no more thorough injurers of freedom than liberal institutions. One knows, indeed, what their ways bring: they undermine the will to power; they level mountain and valley, and call that morality; they make men small, cowardly, and hedonistic [genüsslich] — every time it is the herd animal that triumphs with them.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

manga2x

manga2x

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 575 posts
  • LocationTawi Tawi naval district
quotes that I a completely agreed
They are from Loli salad website

- "there is a always a point where you learn something new or discover something you have no idea about"
- “He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever”

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
Interviewer: “Was it worth it, receiving the Nobel Prize?”
Richard Feynman:
If the Swedish Academy decides that so and so person gets some Nobel prize, so be it. I have nothing to do with it. I don’t like honors. I appreciate it for the work that I did, and for people who appreciate it, and I notice that other physicists use my work. I don’t need anything else. I don’t think there’s any sense to anything else. I don’t see that it makes any point that someone in the Swedish Academy decides that this work is noble enough to receive a prize. I’ve already got the prize. The prize is the pleasure of finding the thing out, the kick in the discovery, the observation that other people use it. Those are the real things. The honors are unreal to me. I don’t believe in honors. It bothers me; honors bothers me. Honors is epaulettes; honors is uniforms. I can’t stand it; it hurts me.

When I was in high school, one of the first honors I got was to be a member of the Arista, which is a group of kids who got good grades - hmm? Everybody wanted to be a member of the Arista. And when I got into the Arista, I discovered that what they did in their meetings was to sit around to discuss who else was worthy to join this wonderful group that we are. Okay? So we sat around trying to decide who it was who would get to be allowed into this Arista. This kind of thing bothers me psychologically for one or another reason I don’t understand myself. Honors and from that day to this always bothered me.

I had trouble when I became a member of the National Academy of Science, and I had ultimately to resign. Because there was another organization, most of whose time was spent in choosing who was illustrious enough to be allowed to join us in our organization. Including such questions as ‘We physicists have to stick together, because there’s a very good chemist that they’re trying to get in, and we haven’t got enough room for so-and-so.’ What’s the matter with chemists? The whole thing was rotten, because the purpose was mostly to decide who could have this honor. Okay? I don’t like honors.

manga2x

manga2x

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 575 posts
  • LocationTawi Tawi naval district
here is a story of mine
I found that quote when I type this on google "What is nico nico chorus" (Try this)
hah. a perfect coincidence! exactly when i do ask a "question"

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
The second quote seems to be a Chinese proverb, but the sources are unknown, but I'd guess it's some Taoist scholar. The first one I can't even find....

Finlay

Finlay

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCroatia
"I must not fear.Fear is the mind-killer .Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.I will face my fear. I will permit it to pas over me and through me .And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.Only I will remain ." Dune :Bene Geserit Litany against fear

"All happiness depends on courage and work." Balzac

Please do not leave large (over 50), unexplained blank lines in your post. -Trebor

Edited by Trebor, 27 November 2011 - 02:18 AM.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
I believe that the man choosing progress can find a new unity through the full development of all his human forces, which are produced in three orientations. These can be presented separately or together: biophilia, love for humanity and nature, and independence and freedom.
I believe that love is the main key to open the doors to the “growth” of man. Love and union with someone or something outside of oneself, union that allows one to put oneself into relationship with others, to feel one with others, without limiting the sense of integrity and independence. Love is a productive orientation for which it is essential that there be present at the same time: concern, responsibility, and respect for and knowledge of the object of the union.

I believe that the experience of love is the most human and humanizing act that it is given to man to enjoy and that it, like reason, makes no sense if conceived in a partial way.

I believe that freedom is not a constant attribute that “we have” or “we don’t have”; perhaps there is only one reality: the act of liberating ourselves in the process of using choices. Every step in life that heightens the maturity of man heightens his ability to choose the freeing alternative.
I believe that “freedom of choice” is not always equal for all men at every moment. The man with an exclusively necrophilic orientation; who is narcissistic; or who is symbiotic-incestuous, can only make a regressive choice. The free man, freed from irrational ties, can no longer make a regressive choice.
I believe that none can “save” his fellow man by making a choice for him. To help him, he can indicate the possible alternatives, with sincerity and love, without being sentimental and without illusion. The knowledge and awareness of the freeing alternatives can reawaken in an individual all his hidden energies and put him on the path to choosing respect for “life” instead of for “death.”
I believe that if an individual is not on the path to transcending his society and seeing in what way it furthers or impedes the development of human potential, he cannot enter into intimate contact with his humanity. If the tabus, restrictions, distorted values appear “natural” to him, this is a clear indication that he cannot have a real knowledge of human nature.
I believe that society, while having a function both stimulating and inhibiting at the same time, has always been in conflict with humanity. Only when the purpose of society is identified with that of humanity will society cease to paralyze man and encourage his dominance.
I believe that one can and must hope for a sane society that furthers man’s capacity to love his fellow men, to work and create, to develop his reason and his objectivity of a sense of himself that is based on the experience of his productive energy.
I believe that one can and must hope for the collective regaining of a mental health that is characterized by the capacity to love and to create…

I believe in the possible realization of a world in which man can be much, even if he has little; a world in which the dominant motivation of existence is not consumption; a world in which “man” is the end, first and last; a world in which man can find the way of giving a purpose to his life as well as the strength to live free and without illusions.

- Erich Fromm (Credo)

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
"Correcting master's conduct is also a duty of a servant" -Leo (Pandora hearts)

I love this quote because it shows that even servants have a say to his/her master and not every movements or action of their masters are correct and to be accounted that's why servants are there to polished and correct it for their master's sake.

Haganai

Haganai

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationBatoto
Quite long quote lol
@
Yes it is

“The mutual warmth that is unknown, a single glass panel... declares the beginning of everything”

[Clamp]