Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Favorite Quote

• Please log in to reply
3456 replies to this topic

Cloudspawn

Cloudspawn

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 24 posts
  • LocationUnited States
This one goes out to the ladies ;D:
"Every man's dream is to be able to sink into the arms of a woman without also falling into her hands." -Jerry Lewis
"Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes." -Jim Carrey
"I never expected to see the day when girls would get sunburned in the places they now do." -Will Rogers
"Do not let a flattering woman coax and wheedle you and deceive you; she is after your barn." -Hesiod
Posted Image

Unkai Uchiha

Unkai Uchiha

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationVillage Hidden in The Clouds.
"Without inspiration the best powers of the mind remain dormant, there is a fuel in us which needs to be ignited with sparks."
There is one quality which one must possess to win, and that is definiteness of purpose, the knowledge of what one wants, and a burning desire to possess it.

Posted Image
Posted Image

LightYami

LightYami

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • LocationSuomi/Finland, Tampere
''Do not think, be''

''Endure. In enduring, grow strong''

''Do to others what you would iwsh to be done to you'' ^^

''Do to others what you would wish to be done to you.''

My favourite song ^^

KidCongo

KidCongo

Global Moderator

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,768 posts
" Only one thing is impossible for God: To find any sense in any copyright law on the planet." - Mark Twain

And since I'm a Marxist, here's a quote from the man himself : "I intend to live forever, or die trying." - Groucho Marx

And lastly, from Running Scared via The Herbaliser:

"This is real shit."
"It's good shit, right?"
"I mean bad shit."
"Bad shit like, 'this shit is bad?'"
"It's shit shit. This shit isn't worth shit. This is real shit"

Edited by KidCongo, 28 October 2011 - 03:53 PM.

For all those thinking of thanking me for the scanlations, I only upload them, and I'm just a mod here. Please leave a message on the actual groups' pages that do all the hard work.

Colour

Colour

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 877 posts
  • LocationIn a Box of Crayons

I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

bumblebee310

bumblebee310

Potato

• Members
  • 189 posts
The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity—it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it, a jealous, possessive love that grabs at what it can. But life leaps over oblivion lightly, losing only a thing or two of no importance, and gloom is but the passing shadow of a cloud.
-- from Life of Pi

---------- In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you. ----------

KayBorn3000

KayBorn3000

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationEcchi Land
Mo`a 'Anbessa Ze'imnegede Yihuda - The Wise
Spoiler

Senesce

Senesce

Potato

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationRivendell
Endure, my heart: you once endured something even more dreadful. - Homer

Much learning does not teach understanding. - Heraclitus

I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance. - Socrates
"Remember this always: the fly, even in paradise, must always exist on shit."
- Frances Pauli from The Fly in Paradise

KayBorn3000

KayBorn3000

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationEcchi Land
Your own soul is nourished when you are kind; it is destroyed when you are cruel

Much water may not put out love, or the deep waters overcome it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would be judged a price not great enough

Both - King Solomon
Spoiler

KidCongo

KidCongo

Global Moderator

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,768 posts
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

For all those thinking of thanking me for the scanlations, I only upload them, and I'm just a mod here. Please leave a message on the actual groups' pages that do all the hard work.

Graeystone

Graeystone

Potato

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationNW PA
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-- Mark Twain
Although I usually say, "The wise keep silent while the fool speaks and removes all doubt."

"I've never let my school interfere with my education." - Mark Twain

Edited by Graeystone, 03 November 2011 - 02:15 PM.

Posted Image

Power without Love leads to tyranny. Love without Power to protect will fade.

The only absolute thing about absolute techniques is that sooner or later somebody absolutely breaks them.

There are no fan-boys. Just an-girls who don't need a bra and their plumbing is on the outside.

KayBorn3000

KayBorn3000

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationEcchi Land

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-- Mark Twain
Although I usually say, "The wise keep silent while the fool speaks and removes all doubt."

"I've never let my school interfere with my education." - Mark Twain

Twain and Abraham Lincoln have both been credited for this quote however it sound strange that they were considering......

Even a fool, when he holds his peace, is counted wise: and he that shuts his lips is esteemed a man of understanding - Proverbs 17:28.
Spoiler

Souldrake

Souldrake

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 275 posts
"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil they set out to destroy." -- Christopher Dawson

"There are three types of men in the world: The one man who learns by reading, the few who learn from observation, and the rest who pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves." -- Will Rogers.

行く河の流れは絶えずして、しかも、元のみずにあらず。 淀みに浮かぶうたかたはかつ消えかつ結びて、久しくとどまりたる例なし。世世の中にある人と住むかも全くのごとし。
(Yuku kawa no nagare wa taezushite, shikamo, moto no mizu ni arazu. Yodomi ni ukabu utakata wa katsu kie katsu musubite, hisashiku todomaritaru tameshinashi. Yoyo no naka ni aru hito to sumika mo mattaku no gotoshi.)
"In English: The flow of the river is unending; moreover, the water is never the same. Sometimes the bubbles that float to the surface disappear, some times they gather together. But this situation is not limited to that example alone. The people and dwellings of this world are exactly the same."
-- The Houjouki (方丈記)

Souldrake
Manga-Heaven Co-Founder and Translator [Retired]

Nick

Nick

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 41 posts
"Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent."
~ Friedrich Nietzsche

"Ask yourself if the dream of heaven and greatness should be waiting for us in our graves --
or whether it should be ours here and now on this Earth"
~Ayn Rand

krytyk

krytyk

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • LocationPoland
"I love my women like i love my whiskey, 12 year old and dozed with cola"

-Pedobear

Retired Manga Cleaner/Redrawer @Manga-Heaven, @kono-basho, @wangan-scans, anonymous and more.
Illustration editor

Light Novel translator

TheGodfather

TheGodfather

Batoto Chief Mafioso

• The Company (inactive)
  • 481 posts
  • LocationAustralia
"Had a dream, I was king. I woke up, still king." - Marshall Mathers (Eminem)

"You have enemies? Good, means you stood up for something." - Eminem's frequently credited as the source for this, but I think it was Lincoln or some other president who said it....
Spoiler

i fucking love fembot for hustling on GB with Kareia and Kento <333333

KayBorn3000

KayBorn3000

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationEcchi Land
Say it with ya chest - Kevin Hart

LOL
Spoiler

Seed

Seed

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts
"Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, he eats for a lifetime". Not sure who said this, but its a great quote, showing us that by simply giving someone food/water will not do as much good as showing them how to get their own..

Another:

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight

"Some men just want to watch the world burn"

Pretty sure its from batman.. >_>

There was another one that Ir eally liked, but forget it D:

Souldrake

Souldrake

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 275 posts

"Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, he eats for a lifetime". Not sure who said this, but its a great quote, showing us that by simply giving someone food/water will not do as much good as showing them how to get their own..

I need to use that one the next time someone tries to tell me that teaching is all about giving people the answers, not helping people learn how to find the answer for themselves.

Souldrake
Manga-Heaven Co-Founder and Translator [Retired]

Colour

Colour

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 877 posts
  • LocationIn a Box of Crayons
Another Favorite Quote of mine, "All your base are belong to us"