Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Kubera ,Character relationships discussion thread

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

LovelyLuvLuv

LovelyLuvLuv

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 363 posts

Okay, i have a pseudo theory. That ran is actually the grandson of yaksha in female form? It said in the comic that his grandma was a yaksha king. since the sillouhuette of yaksha has monkey features/ his mom&grandma have monkey features (what are the chances of two nastika yakshas being the same animal? well maybe pretty high but, blegh) and he's also really strong for a quarter. and both yaksha & his grandmother disappeared.

however that still doesn't explain the name hana thing. oh well.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

No, Ran isn't Yaksha's grandson. He's the grandson of the third Yaksha king. We see her silhouette in chapter 53 and chapter 60. Hana herself had a white tail (but it didn't look like a monkey tail). Anyway, Ran's grandmother wasn't King when she hooked up with Nard Lehn. We learn in the finite that she was with Nard back in D873, and they had Hana some years after that.

It goes like this:

Year unknown : Yaksha (first King of the Yaksha clan) dies. Shuri, the then #2, becomes King. Ran's grandmother becomes the new #2.

Around D873: Ran's grandmother hooks up with Nard Lehn and they eventually have a daughter, Hana. However, they eventually separate.

N0: Shuri disappears with Visnu, so Ran's grandmother is now the new Yaksha King.

I actually wonder if Ran will eventually meet his grandmother, and how the interactions would be.

Then again, this is the woman who told Nard that "compared to a human mother, Nastika mothers barely have any maternal instincts." So... :S

Edited by Mizura, 21 May 2013 - 10:53 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

Dreamingflower

Dreamingflower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 731 posts

Continuing a conversation about the Yaksha clan and human-Sura relationships in general:

^ *cough*third stage sura*cough*

On for what Yaksha gave, I wonder if it has to do with humans borrowing Nastika powers? If, at one point, Yaksha's human followers were attacked by the Gods or their followers for example, or by other Sura, Yaksha may have allowed the humans to drain too much power from him, thus weakening him just like how Gandharva was weakened. Speaking of which, I don't think it's been properly explained how humans borrow powers in the first place?

As for ah, Sura-human relations, I've given those some thoughts too, though not really in the same way you did. xD Rather, it occurred to me that Sura seem to pursue human relationships without any sort of reservations. Tak courted Ian without really thinking about the consequences. Yuta is following Leez around like a love-sick puppy. It occurred to me that it makes sense: humans will typically instinctively hesitate before choosing a mate for the following reasons:
- Limited opportunity. Humans are mortal. If they make the wrong choice, they've wasted time they could have spent with someone better.
- Socio-economic issues. Humans want a mate that is a proper provider etc.
- Fear of violence. For women especially, they need to trust the human male.

Well, Sura are immortal. They don't have opportunity costs the same way humans do. If they get fed-up of the mate they can just separate and find someone else. With humans, they can just wait for the human to die off. Sura can survive on their own, no need to care about family finances. And they don't care too much for their kids. o,o;; And humans really don't pose any sort of threat to them.

On the contrary, when a Sura hesitates in pursuing a human mate, they're just wasting the little time they could spend with said perseon. So, I think that's why they probably don't have any instinctual hesitations when it comes to courting a human mate. They just go at it with everything they've got (especially when they're in 3rd phase? :S ). I won't go so far and say they Force themselves on the human, but they are probably very forward. From the human POV, it must be quite overwhelming. XD

Fortunately, I think Rakshasa and Upani were quite able to communicate with humans back then if needed. I was actually quite interested in the fact that Vritra was reading something in the finite, so the Sura seem to have a writing system (though someone else pointed out that it could be Primeval God writing or something). Still, human worshipers could have learned this writing (which is probably considered heretical knowledge by now). If not, a Sura interested in humans could probably easily learn human language instead. Back when humans also worshiped Sura, Sura who knew human language were probably more common, and at worst they could find another Sura who does know to teach them.

And uh, Sura don't have much to do. With all those hundreds and thousands of years ahead of them, any Sura with any slightest interest in humans could surely set a few years/decades aside for learning the language? It's also possible that some could not know the language at first but still court the human in other ways (gifts and such), and gradually learn the language later.

Now that humans have all sided with the Gods though, most Sura probably stopped bothering.

There were still some Sura-human relationships before the Cataclysm though... apart from Ran's grandparents, there's also Leny, whose mother was a 5th-stage Upani. I'm starting to wonder what the story behind that is, and why Shess is taking care of her. Hmm....

... all that said, Currygom's world history isn't necessary G-rated. I mean, just look at the "beginning of the Universe." Rated R for sex and violence. D:

Kaiein: all the Sura races seem to have their specific characteristics, and Halfs seem to inherit them accordingly:

- Yaksha are strong (and Yaksha liver = boosts vigor :S )

- Garuda probably all have great eyesights (and eating Garuda eyes = boosts eyesight)

- Dragon Halfs are a more special case, and they inherit the Breath attack of their parent.

Kinnara Halfs are probably fast, and Gandharva Halfs uh... good at swimming? I'm rather curious about Asura and Ananta Halfs.... Ananta may be poison resistant? Asura Halfs uh... hopefully their stand-out point isn't high reproductive rate or anything like that. But anyway, funny, I don't think we've seen a single Ananta half, present or flashback, until now. We've even seem Asura ones (in the flashback in chapter 60).

That's very interesting. Thought I think the male sure parent's would care more if their kid is a daughter that resembles their mom. Look at Gandharva with his daughter and even Tak admitted he'd be worse if kasak was a girl. as for the female sura... well females are in general less violence than males, but maybe they can get jealous of their daughters? it didn't looked that way with Hana's mom thought... I think male halfs whose fathers are human are more fortunate than male halfs whose fathers are sura.

Maybe Asura halfs have a big change to be transexual? Have a male lower half and female upper half? I don't think they'll have a high reproduce rate. It's hard to think about half acting like bunnies and have like 50 kids. Maybe they're good at hiding and escaping?

Posted Image

Now a story before falling asleep

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3707972/

AishiteruJae

AishiteruJae

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 252 posts

or maybe Asura halfs are good at survival and not dying ? 

currently reading <3 : Trump, The Gamer, Kubera, TAL , Black Haze , Looking for a Father, Dream of a Girl, Aletheia , Don't Cry Bureum , Last Game , Legend of the Sun Knight , A Thousand Year Ninetails , Tiara , Pinocchio , Pandora Hearts , Taiyou no Ie , Twelve NIghts , Wedding Season 2 , Love so Life , Mrs. Angel , Like a bird <3  

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

They're supposed to take after the Clan aspects of generally being very sturdy, with top-notch senses of hearing and, for quite a few, smell.  This would probably translate as "tough to surprise and take out in a fight". :lol:

Even little Elwin would become a bundle of trouble if you were dumb enough to underestimate her as a Half-hunter. <_< She might look cute and vulnerable, but... I'm betting she packs a painfully hot transcendental wallop when placed in a pinch.  Well, unless you're Yuta, of course. :lol:

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

battradio

battradio

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 957 posts
  • LocationNear ST. Louis MO USA

They're supposed to take after the Clan aspects of generally being very sturdy, with top-notch senses of hearing and, for quite a few, smell.  This would probably translate as "tough to surprise and take out in a fight". :lol:

Even little Elwin would become a bundle of trouble if you were dumb enough to underestimate her as a Half-hunter. <_< She might look cute and vulnerable, but... I'm betting she packs a painfully hot transcendental wallop when placed in a pinch.  Well, unless you're Yuta, of course. :lol:

I can just see Elwin , when she is about 80 and looks 20 , and some idiot guy , pinches her <_< tail , and finds out she packs a painfully hot transcendental wallop when placed in a pinch . Of course I wouldn't mind being a half I would only look 15 and young enough looking to flirt with all the women again . I would even take puppy ears if I could be that young again :wub: , I don't know about a tail I could live without that :rolleyes: .

Kaiein

Kaiein

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • LocationPhysically? Kansas Mentally? Too many places to recall at the moment.

That's very interesting. Thought I think the male sure parent's would care more if their kid is a daughter that resembles their mom. Look at Gandharva with his daughter and even Tak admitted he'd be worse if kasak was a girl. as for the female sura... well females are in general less violence than males, but maybe they can get jealous of their daughters? it didn't looked that way with Hana's mom thought... I think male halfs whose fathers are human are more fortunate than male halfs whose fathers are sura.

We also don't know why Ha-(?) left Nard. We do know that he was heartbroken and spent the rest of his life wandering about Willarv, though. :( Maybe Visnu told her to go back and get to know her clan or something, in order to prepare her for taking over Shuri... Wait. If that's something akin to how it goes, Visnu knew about the Cataclysm and started preparing for it well over one-and-a-half centuries before it actually happened...

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

We also don't know why Ha-(?) left Nard. We do know that he was heartbroken and spent the rest of his life wandering about Willarv, though. :( Maybe Visnu told her to go back and get to know her clan or something, in order to prepare her for taking over Shuri... Wait. If that's something akin to how it goes, Visnu knew about the Cataclysm and started preparing for it well over one-and-a-half centuries before it actually happened...

Would not freaking surprise me: a lot of that guy's relationships come across as distinctly screwy. <_< I... doubt he actually was ever off the clock, so to speak. -_- Every resource was used to... do whatever it is he's trying to do. :P People of all stripes and inclinations?  No exception. <_<

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

Dreamingflower

Dreamingflower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 731 posts

I can just see Elwin , when she is about 80 and looks 20 , and some idiot guy , pinches her <_< tail , and finds out she packs a painfully hot transcendental wallop when placed in a pinch . Of course I wouldn't mind being a half I would only look 15 and young enough looking to flirt with all the women again . I would even take puppy ears if I could be that young again :wub: , I don't know about a tail I could live without that :rolleyes: .

I wouldn't mind either. staying young for a long time sounds great. I can use the dresses i am using now and all the other clothes. I wouldn't mind having a bunny or dog teal/ ears either. I'll see it as a form of cosplay :D

I assumed that she got bored, but now I don't think that's the case. It could be Visnu's doing. Damn Visnu, why are you breaking couples apart?!

Posted Image

Toullaty

Toullaty

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationArras, France

They were together shortly (10-20 years likely), not enough for she to be bored. Like Hana told, those who live long, love as long.

But it is possible the beginning of cataclysm was happening, the suras haven't likely suddenly start fighting, but this is the results of several  years or hundreds years.

Edited by Toullaty, 23 May 2013 - 09:14 PM.

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany ** Not a German, just a poor Half refugee living in hiding **

So far we did not see even one Asura Half in this Webtoon, and we do not know if there are any out there (and what their abilities would be). The Asura Clan Sura however are super good at survival, since they are related to bugs and insects. We know, from scientific research, that (the more resilient) insects would be probably the only survivals after a nuclear war on Earth. We also can see how Hura (the only Asura Clan member we have seen more often and more closely in this Webtoon), is able to resurrect many times after dying.

Supporting the Kubera Wiki: kubera.wikia.com/wiki/User:Goobera

Spoiler

Kaiein

Kaiein

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • LocationPhysically? Kansas Mentally? Too many places to recall at the moment.

So far we did not see even one Asura Half in this Webtoon, and we do not know if there are any out there (and what their abilities would be). The Asura Clan Sura however are super good at survival, since they are related to bugs and insects. We know, from scientific research, that (the more resilient) insects would be probably the only survivals after a nuclear war on Earth. We also can see how Hura (the only Asura Clan member we have seen more often and more closely in this Webtoon), is able to resurrect many times after dying.

But this is only due to him possibly having Ravana as his mother. There's probably plenty of weaklings within the Asura Clan, it's just that nobody cares about them. Remember: the Sura society in general only cares about strong people. That's why others make Gandharva and his family out to be jokes since he values peace over fighting skills. Knowing a little bit about Ravana's personality from the webtoon, I'm pretty sure those weaker rakshasa/upani/mara/halfs etc. do their best to hide themselves from him/her because I don't think she'd be very kind to them... <_<

They were together shortly (10-20 years likely), not enough for she to be bored. Like Hana told, those who live long, love as long.

But it is possible the beginning of cataclysm was happening, the suras haven't likely suddenly start fighting, but this is the results of several  years or hundreds years.

There are probably lots of things that happened on both sides for billions of years that was finally exploded in one incident (or several incidents happening all at once) that finally caused the Cataclysm. However, all parties basically entered the onslaught at the same time, judging from what was said in the webtoon about how the halfs all suffered emotional resonation at about the same time. Makes me wonder, was the Kinnara Clan involved in the resonation, seeing as they are a neutral clan? :huh:

Edited by Kaiein, 03 June 2013 - 06:54 AM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

We don't know if Ravana is Hura's mom, but it suuure is likely. D: 

So anyway, I was surprised that Yuta was SO angry at Sagara for hurting Leez, when he wasn't THAT mad against Taraka. Of course, people reminded me:

- That Taraka's his mom, after all

- And that Taraka killed his friends before, he must have thought it was his fate or the likes.

However, ~your~cute~im~cute~ pointed out that Yuta may have simply become closer to Leez since the Water Channels, and thinking about it, it makes a WHOLE lot of sense, if you look at all the indications:

Time:

• Yuta met Leez and Asha when they were just one stop away from Mistyshore.
  • They stayed in Mistyshore on Yama 2, and entered the water channels after that.
  • When Taraka showed up, they had spent 2 weeks (20 days in Kubera world) in the Water channels. In short, Yuta and Leez only knew each other for about 20 days back then.
  • Now it's Kali 13, so it's been over 20 days since. Just to say that some time has passed.

Yuta's interactions with Leez:

• Up until the encounter with Taraka, the interactions between Leez and Yuta were mostly light-hearted.
  • But in the water channels, Leez also went to save Yuta.
  • Yuta also had to make the decision of whether to stay with her or not, and it was not a decision he could feel half-hearted about.
  • When he went back to Leez, Leez hugged him.
  • In Kalibloom, Leez shared her worries with Yuta, prompting Yuta to say that he'll stay by her side.
  • Basically, the relationship deepened.

What Yuta knows about Leez:

• When Yuta met Leez back then, she was just the first girl he had a crush on.
  • Taraka revealed that Leez would end up all alone, but get continuously attacked by Sura.
  • Then, I doubt he was too thrilled that the Hide of Bondage went after Leez (basically it could give him the impression that Leez gets targeted quite a bit).
  • Then, he finds out that Leez hates Sura, probably because she got attacked by them (correct).
  • Then, Claude showed that Leez didn't have long to live.
  • This means that Yuta probably wants to stay with her and protect her for the short time remaining, but Also means that he'll be particularly unforgiving of any Sura that starts attacking her, as per Taraka's visions.

Pervert meter:

• When Leez first came out of the showers, Yuta quickly covered his eyes. Well, he stared at swimming in the Water Channels, but up until then I think he controlled himself pretty well.
  • Still mostly cute and polite: on the way up to the Temple of Earth, Yuta fantasized about warming up Leez *cough*. When he and Leez came down from the Temple of Earth though, he openly gawked for a while before he stopped staring. But anyway, still relatively harmless.
  • Not long after Ran was commenting on how Yuta went into Leez' bedroom. The thing is, Yuta probably didn't start staring at Leez often in the Water Channels, or Ran may have noticed it by then (well, maybe not, since he thought Leez was Asha's girlfriend :S ).
  • And then there's adult Leez: He ran away at first, but Ran commented later that Yuta is acting like a perverted old man, and I think he must have seen some strange behavior when Yuta went back to the hotel. Somehow, he was able to return to normal. Did he sneak into Leez' room to calm down or something? D: It could just be Ran's misunderstanding, but:
  • When they near the Temple of Chaos, Yuta initially tried to keep some distance from Leez. After she hugged him and asked if they should walk a bit apart though, he quickly started shaking No. See that? He basically gave in to his physical attraction. Leez reverted to her younger age, but the impression she left must have lingered. At this point, with Ran commented about Sura puberty, even Asha starts to get worried.
  • Leez' brief description in chapter 34 was a :S moment to me. She said that Yuta normally just sits besides her doing nothing. Well? Obviously, Yuta now wants to stay at close to her as possible.

To sum everything up: the bond between Yuta and Leez has deepened since the Water Channels, with Leez opening up to Yuta about her loneliness and Yuta, in turn, wanting to stay with her because he really cares about her feelings. He's also since found out that Leez faces a lot of dangers, and that makes him want to protect her more. In parallel though, as he grew closer to her, his physical attraction to her may have grown too (or it could just be puberty approaching), which may or may not have gone over a tipping point when Leez turned adult for a while. In the time they've been at the Temple of Chaos, Yuta basically just sat there to be in her presence. :S I should I put this... people don't normally just want to sit around someone else without doing anything. If Yuta's been doing that, then he's probably been feeling closer to Leez all this time, so when someone attacks Leez, it feels even more like they're intruding on his turf.

Edited by Mizura, 01 June 2013 - 03:58 PM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,

Toullaty

Toullaty

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationArras, France

When Sagara told than she respected the old king Gandharva, with his violent behavior. I don't think than she referred specifically at his aggressiveness, but that it allowed to scare the others suras, and avoid attacks on his clan, because they might have to face a strong king.

And his pacifism has lost the protection of his clan, the others suras could afford to be more aggressive without being punished

She must likely use Ananta like example, but he didn't seem to be violent, but his title like the stronger being have a strong impact about the others nastikas.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

Hmm... we've started discussing relationships in the Raws thread, and I thought it'd be a shame not to use this thread instead. Thinking about it, the relationships so far:

Past relationships:

Vritra x Kinnara: Vritra dumped her. o,o

Gandharva x Menaka: great for him, except for the part where it arguably caused the downfall of the Gandharva clan?

Garuda x Vinata: Garuda cheated on her and even had a kid with Kali. Uwah! D':

Taksaka x Ian: lots of stuff. And she lost 80 years of her life for it, not to mention the years moping around vowing revenge on the wrong guy.

Hana's mother x Nard: They separated. Aww!

Kasak x Meiwen: he killed his wife. Uwah!

Hana x Tan: All sorts of relationship issues because of Half/Pureblood differences. Ended with N0, in any case.

Jibril x Talith: She mostly stopped seeing him after becoming Priestess. D:

Agwen x her boyfriend: her dad killed her boyfriend. :'(

Rao x Anna: Never officially married, had a kid out of wedlock. Ouch.

Lorraine x her fiancee: she's still avoiding marriage even though she's already 36. x'D 

The only normal ongoing relationship may be Eline Haias x Huan Sairofe, lol. And maybe Praul x his wife, though he wants to retire, but can't because his wife forces him to keep working.

The next generation...

- Agni x Brilith?

- God Kubera x Leez?

- Yuta x Leez?

- Gandharva x Teo?

- Maybe Ran x Asha? (it's super popular in the Korean fancafe)

- Clophe x Airi Maruna x Riagara

... doesn't seem to be faring better. xD

Edited by Mizura, 23 August 2013 - 04:21 PM.

3492bk6.jpg

LovelyLuvLuv

LovelyLuvLuv

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 363 posts

i really like the ran x asha ship actually, lol. it's just that it would leave rana hanging :( clophe x airi probably won't happen :( at least not until they meet again (next battle).... 

also looking at the list, hopefully this generation's romances go better..... 

Dreamingflower

Dreamingflower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 731 posts

- Maybe Ran x Asha? (it's super popular in the Korean fancafe)

- Clophe x Airi Maruna x Riagara

... doesn't seem to be faring better. xD

Lolz so maybe Currygom will give Ran a three-some XD

Lolz that ship almost made me fall of my bed. Be careful Airi, your partners are quite strong. XD

Posted Image

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

You know, today, I realized another thing that really captivates me about the characters in this series. As I've said before, Kubera is no realistic psychological manga, but the complexity of relationships between all the characters make these characters incredibly fleshed out. Family, friend, villain, victim or all of the above, the characters don't just fill a role but are protagonists in their own lives.

And it's the same in terms of ideology. On the surface, the characters seem so simple in terms of character tropes. Leez is the protagonist who values friendship, Asha is your typical avenger, Sagara is your typical villain.

What isn't typical is how these ideologies are pitted against one another and against the very harsh realities of the Kubera world:

• The pacifist Menaka and Shakuntala who cared so much about their clan, ended up being responsible for the downfall of said clan. This is one of the moments in the series that hit me the most: Currygom took the kindest, most peace-loving and most innocent of the characters, and turned opinions 180 degrees in just a few chapters. Along with them, Gandharva, who cared for his clan, loved his family, and trusted his friend, paid for all of it with the downfall of his race, the loss of his family, and by becoming so weak that the once great King is now the mere pawn of merciless manipulators. Not only that, his good intentions when he tried to save Teo just made his own situation worse. Nevermind his peaceful ideology, even random acts of kindness end up stabbing him in the guts.
  • Visnu, who appears so friendly, who is loved by humans and Sura alike, doesn't hesitate to make use of the trust others hold in him in a way that'd even send them into deep suffering: in the side novel, he had Vritra destroy Ian's village, but Utpala took the entire blame and paid with her life instead, while Ian thought of Visnu as a good God until the end but still lost 80 years of her life and ended in Hell. Taksaka gets to feel guilty the rest of his existence over the fate of the woman he loves. And Gandharva. Poor Gandharva. And yet, the sad thing is that Visnu isn't even evil. From his point of view, he's just preserving the Universe with the least amount of necessary evil.
  • God Kubera is perhaps trying to walk a same path as Visnu, achieving the greater good with the least sacrifices, but unlike Visnu he often seems unable to bear the guilt. Will he become lenient, only to end up regreting the fact that he didn't hold firm in his convictions?
  • Sagara appears to be one with such a typical villain mentality. But unlike typical stories, within the harsh reality of this story, Sagara's viewpoint often has a point. Menaka and Shakuntala Did, in large part, cause the downfall of both Gandharva and his clan. Gandharva's good intentions only end up backfiring. Self-righteous characters end up resorting to despicable means to further their goals.
  • Speaking of villains, another is Taraka. I found it heartbreaking when her motherly love at the core of her existence, and which probably caused her to commit so many atrocities, was shown to be nothing but a lie. After all the things she's done -all likely for the sake of her son-, and with the reality that all beings in existence loathe her, what does she have left?
  • All Leez wants to is rebuild her life by making new friends. In most Shounen manga, such spirit would have made her the center of influence of the series, allowing her to plow through all obstacles while supported by the adoration of her followers. Instead, for her kindness, nothing but hell awaits her. She is used by God Kubera and Asha, the series hints that she will confront God Kubera, Asha and/or Yuta, and in any case she will become all alone, desperately regreting her choice to live.

Friendship, family, peace and love: these are qualities that usually change the world for the best in Shounen characters. But the Kubera world isn't that nice. Ideology alone won't protect your loved ones, or prevent them from being eaten. It won't prevent those close to you from betraying you as they advance their own agenda with much more at stake. Precisely because the characters embody strong convictions, it is what makes it harsher when they're shredded apart, or in some cases, proven right (like Visnu or Sagara).

In this series, if you truly want something, you also have to let something go. Perhaps that's one of the core realities of this world: for everything, an (often greater) price must be paid:

- In exchange for the ability to resurrect, the Gods are saddled with the curse of immortality

- In exchange for great power, the Nastika are forever hunted by those who resent that power

- In exchange for their Breath, the Dragons had to give up their ability to have children. Then in exchange for their survival, the Dragons had to give up on their ability to turn female, and worse, on their emotions (including any interest in living). Finally the powerful Dragon Halfs must be paid for with the lives of their mother.

- God Kubera wanted glory, he obtained it in exchange for the life of his friend, for his place among Gods, and has to live with the regret the rest of his life. And now... well stuff.

- In exchange for his time with Brilith, Agni has abandoned his own pride, but Brilith still has to pay for summoning a God with part of her own life.

- Shakuntala wanted both her father and her clan to survive. Her father paid for it with his gradual weakening. Then when Shakuntala couldn't let go of her personal convictions (her wish for fairness in survival), she nearly had her father pay with his life.

- Gandharva has lost or abandoned everything just to try to return to his daughter's side

- Asha was willing to give up everything for her revenge. Now that she finds herself unable to abandon Leez, she has decided to use her own life, but a price will still have to be paid for by Leez

- Leez will gain great power, but pay for it with great solitude

- Yuta has learned that he can't have both family and love, and will have a future so miserable that even Leez will feel sorry for him

- Sagara is kind of lucky in that she didn't have any personal convictions to lose. For her revenge, she has invited the enmity of nearly her entire clan, but lucky for Sagara, she doesn't care. o,o;

Family, friendship, your race, your personal convictions and even your life, if you don't know to let one or several of them go, you end up losing everything instead. Perhaps Visnu has accepted long ago that in order to preserve the Universe, he had to sacrifice his friends.

I think the only ones who still seem to be able to walk that fine line is perhaps the Kinnara clan? By giving up all ambitions and instead choosing neutrality, they managed to gain passive influence instead. Whether they can keep it up remains to be seen.

Edited by Mizura, 15 October 2013 - 12:41 PM.

3492bk6.jpg

Snow Flower

Snow Flower

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts

Sagara's right when she stated that Menaka and Shakuntala ruined Gandharva. We know that Sagara sees Gandharva now as a failure of a king due to Gandharva's willingness to abandon his own clan and be caught in emotional resonance. What i will say was that while Sagara kept her emotions stable, i don't see her as any different from gandharva as she's also ready to sacrifice her own clan to achieve her goals just like we saw during Atera's attack.

On another note, I find Sagara a very interesting character. I'm wondering what drives her to this extent? Manasvin and Vasuki loves her that they're willing to do anything for her happiness but instead of staying put and be happy with Vasuki, she chooses to enter the war where she could've lose her life or everything. 

Edited by Amethystjewel0209, 23 October 2013 - 11:23 AM.

"You don't understand a thing..... Man's potential for evolution is limitless" Isaac Netero

sigpic221725_7.gif

Cube097

Cube097

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

Sagara's right when she stated that Menaka and Shakuntala ruined Gandharva. We know that Sagara sees Gandharva now as a failure of a king due to Gandharva's willingness to abandon his own clan and be caught in emotional resonance. What i will say was that while Sagara kept her emotions stable, i don't see her as any different from gandharva as she's also ready to sacrifice her own clan to achieve her goals just like we saw during Atera's attack.

On another note, I find Sagara a very interesting character. I'm wondering what drives her to this extent? Manasvin and Vasuki loves her that they're willing to do anything for her happiness but instead of staying put and be happy with Vasuki, she chooses to enter the war where she could've lose her life or everything. 

The thing is the one Sagara really loved was Ananta, the one she didn't have.  To her the rest of her clan were traitors since they didn't bother to revenge Ananta's death by the gods, so she couldn't care less about what happens to them.  Her goal has probably something to do with Ananta, possibly revenge.  She would never be happy with Vasuki (abandoned Ananta in battle) and Manasvin was more or less a replacement for Ananta in the end, since she was willing to abandon him at one point for Vasuki just so she could become queen when she heard that Vasuki would be the next clan king.  Only when Vasuki thinking of her turned himself into a female did she go back to Manasvin since he was stronger than the female Vasuki and thus the next clan king.  

Menaka and Shunkuntala did ruin Gandharva as a king.  Gandharva pretty much himself stated that Shunkuntala's father and the king of the Gandharva clan are two different identities.  http://vatoto.com/read/_/200486/kubera_v2_ch59_by_the-company

After having a family Gandharva's vision narrowed to the protection of his family, not his clan.  Possibly before he saw his whole clan as his family, his emotional instability was also stated to have began when he met Menaka.  Up to this point Gandharva hasn't so much spared a thought for his clan with all his attention focused on Shunkuntala, plus from the conversation he had with Leez it would appear that the reason he wanted to find Shunkuntala wasn't for Shunkuntala herself but for his sake.  Without Shunkuntala or anything to hold onto he would likely go back to his old self which he despised because of the solitude, thus he held onto the hope of Shunkuntala being alive. When Sagara had told him about Shunkuntala being dead he didn't want to believe it and decided to forget all about it.  

Also, he decided to be on Teo's side (a little too late) instead of finding his daughter.  I thought it a little strange actually that he would or was thinking of choosing Teo over Shunkuntala, Shunkuntala probably had been with him for centuries if not more and he had only been with Teo for at most, a couple of weeks.  It makes perfect sense for him to abandon Teo and choose Shunkuntala, so why exactly did he almost choose Teo instead?  Probably because Teo could also be his emotional support and keep his humanity, and probably because deep inside (like he stated) he also knew that Shunkuntala was dead.  He was only holding on to the hope of her being alive so he would not lose himself.  However, now that he had lost both Teo and Shunkuntala it's likely that his whole personality might change.  Menaka and Shunkuntala were like collars to keep the real Gandharva in check.  In fact, if you research up Hindu mythology the original Menaka http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menaka was actually sent by the gods to distract the meditation of Vishvamitra http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vishwamitra to keep him from reaching godhood.  I know that Currycom specifically stated that Hindu mythology has nothing to do with Kubera but it's still pretty interesting.