Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Searching for Drama/Angst-School life-Romance Manga

manga romance angst

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Diablock

Diablock

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 636 posts
  • LocationReichenbach Waterfall

I am looking for a romance manga which involving the emotion of the characters deeply, like drama but with more angst added or maybe something like sad story line, it is better if the setting taken in school-life, but I'd love to read the others settings too. 

Also the development of the manga, I am searching for which every character has a progress along the story, not those cheap plot which only showing the characters' emotion without linked it with the story line, more realistic and good for read.

I only read a little amount of Romance genre, and the best so far that I like so much are Ingènuo and Imadoki, those two are the best. Every character matured along with the story.

I am looking for your suggestion guys.

Thanks beforehand.

*bows

Edited by chihiro, 26 April 2013 - 01:14 PM.

Jugemu Jugemu Unko Nageki Ototoi no Shin-chan no Pantsu Shinpachi no Jinsei

Balmunk Fezarion Isaac Schneider San Bun no Ichi no Junjou na Kanjou no Nokotta San Bun no Ni wa Sakamuke ga Kininaru Kanjou

Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru you de Shiranai no wo Boku wa Shitteiru Rusu Surume Medaka Kazunoko Koedame Medaka...

Kono Medaka wa Sakki to Chigau Yatsu Dakara Ikeno Medaka no Hou Dakara Raa-yuu

Yuuteimiyaouki Mukou Pepepepepepepepepepepepe

Bichiguso Maru

<it's chihiro>  

http://www.batoto.net/group/_/c/canis-major-scanlation-r3546

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts

try Cat Street.

leyend

leyend

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 37 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

I got you an awesome one...........it's kind of weird at the begining but believe me, you have to read it ._.

Onani Master Kurosawa   (this is one of my favorites)

-I'm The Pure Red-

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

I don't know about school stories, but if you're looking for romance with a bit darker settings, check Model and/or Vampire Girl. I really enjoyed these two... well... as much as you can enjoy the tragedy and such.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

Antisense Scanslation

Antisense Scanslation

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 19 posts

There's Virgin Ripper. No it's not hentai the magaka actually spelled it out like that by mistake. She meant it to be Reaper.... or did she? It's a little mature only because there is suicide, bloody, and in one chapter child prostitution is mentioned/suggested. Otherwise it's rather bubbly typical shoujo with rather dark elements at times. Maguro is rather mucked up in the head.

Summary:

New shinigami Hikari is doing her best every day to get used to her onerous duties. The only thing that keeps her going is the kindness of her superior, Commander Ryouma. But, when a disastrous event happens among the shinigami, everything changes... This slightly steamy manga is Fujita Maguro's latest work.

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩

If you haven't already read these, I recommend the following
Deep Love.
This series fits the angst/tragedy catagory very well. Definitely deep whether its character development or emotions. Just not much school setting.

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/deep-love-ayu-no-monogatari-r2188

Just not much school life.

Another famous one is Made in Heaven, again no school life.

Hajimari no Niina, on the other hand, is a recent popular school liife and shoujo manga. It has some angsty moments but mostly heart warming rather than tragedy

Hana no Namae, don't let the picture fool you. Its very much angst and struggles.

I'm not entirely sure what angst are you looking for, angsty moments or angst tragedy?

Diablock

Diablock

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 636 posts
  • LocationReichenbach Waterfall

Thank you for all lovely recommendations! OMG I really forgot that I posted this once =w=

I will read Cat Street first, the cover is interesting.

Jugemu Jugemu Unko Nageki Ototoi no Shin-chan no Pantsu Shinpachi no Jinsei

Balmunk Fezarion Isaac Schneider San Bun no Ichi no Junjou na Kanjou no Nokotta San Bun no Ni wa Sakamuke ga Kininaru Kanjou

Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru you de Shiranai no wo Boku wa Shitteiru Rusu Surume Medaka Kazunoko Koedame Medaka...

Kono Medaka wa Sakki to Chigau Yatsu Dakara Ikeno Medaka no Hou Dakara Raa-yuu

Yuuteimiyaouki Mukou Pepepepepepepepepepepepe

Bichiguso Maru

<it's chihiro>  

http://www.batoto.net/group/_/c/canis-major-scanlation-r3546