Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Magics in Kubera

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Zero Breaker

Zero Breaker

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 73 posts

Following the Kuberian date system, I thought a list of the verbal spells in Kubera might be useful.

Some magics have not yet appeared on English Kubera, but will come out later.

Only the verbal magics (hoti+bhavati) are listed.

1. Kali (Chaos. Speculated to be a only None-magic attribute)

Hoti Kali : Unknown
Bhavati Kali : Unknown

2. Chandra (Darkness)

Hoti Chandra : Warps 5 senses to hide one's presence from enemy
Bhavati Chandra : creates a dark sphere that magnifies the strength of magic which hits it.(by 1.5 times)

3. Asvins (Recovery)

Hoti Asvins : Healing. Can be applied to both living and non-living object
Bhavati Asvins: Seals 'single' transcendental skill, or magic, of one target permanently. Undone if caster is dead.

4. Brahma (Creation)

Hoti Brahma : Temporarily creates an object that the caster imagines. The object vanishes after a period of time.
Bhavati Brahma : Alters an object permanently. Useful in creating a product. This spell can be applied to a 'Godly item' once a month.

5. Vayu (Wind)

Hoti Vayu : Swaps space around the caster with a volume of 'air' that the caster can 'see'. Simply speaking, teleportation. This spell is highly popular (..obviously!)
Bhavati Vayu : Controls the air around the caster for a length of time. It requires a great level of calculation, but depending on the skill, this can be highly useful. (One can even walk in the air)

6. Surya (Light)

Hoti Surya : Scans surrounding with a light. Very useful in a maze, but caster needs to be very brainy, as the images are seen very briefly (which is as hard as remembering a map in an instant)
Bhavati Surya : Strikes enemy physically with a light ray. As a side effect, it can also paralyze the target until it gets further damage.

7. Agni (Fire)

Hoti Agni : Summons lumps of smoky fire that falls down like meteorites.
Bhavati Agni : Heat up and sublimes a single object to an extreme temperature. Attack is limited to a single object, but it is very destructive.

8. Varuna (Water)

Hoti Varuna : can be used either to control or summon water. The latter is more difficult.
Bhavati Varuna : Freezes enemies. After a period of time, effect wears off and attacked enemies defrost.

9. Indra (Sky = Lightening)

Hoti Indra : Summons a lightening to an area.
Bhavati Indra : Electrifies any living creature around the caster except the caster him/herself. Unlike Hoti Indra, this spell cannot differentiate enemies and allies.

10. Kubera (Earth)

Hoti Kubera : Physically strenghthens a part of the caster's body for a period of time. When this spell is used, a yellow light lingers around the strengthened body.
Bhavati Kubera : Caster can fly.

11. Marut (Destruction)

Hoti Marut : Destroys a single object aimed by the caster. Not one of the most powerful spell, but this is popular as Hoti Marut is easy to learn and use.
Bhavati Marut : Cuts through a plane of space. Extremely difficult to calculate, but highly destructive.

12. Yama (Death)

Hoti Yama : Reduces lifespan in a certain radius to 12 hours.
Bhavati Yama : Controls another being. Details unknown. Likely switches consciousnesses.

More. Visnu (Time)

Hoti Visnu: Can reverse time. Targets return to the state they were at before. Can be used to revive dead people, if they haven't been processed by Yama yet. Can no longer be used, except by Asha, with conditions.

Extras......Fusion Magic (..or compound magic..or whatever you call that...:-P) -> more than one magic mixed together to create a new effect.

*Hoti Vayu Hoti Chandra - Effect of two spells comes at the same time, eliminating the weakness of the two spells.
(hoti vayu is useless against enemy with long range eyesight, and hoti chanra is useless when enemy knows one's position already)

*Hoti Asvins Hoti Kubera - Effect not yet known 100%...looks like it strengthens the caster, and the caster can recover from fatal damages for a finite number of times. The caster is wrapped in a green light. (it is yellow for hoti kubera)

#Hoti : A type of verbal magic that can be used even if the caster does not have the corresponding birth attribute.
#Bhavati : A type of verbal magic that can be used only if the caster has at least one corresponding birth attribute.

..There are other types of magics, but verbal magics are the most frequent in use.

I will update this once there are more new magics seen in the latest chapters of Kubera. Cheers :-P

Edited by themantarays, 25 October 2015 - 06:53 AM.
Updating

potato

potato

Bikini Potato

• Members
  • 245 posts
Ha thanks for this information it is nice.

Cala

Cala

Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 149 posts
  • LocationCanada
Hey there, nice list, Zero!

According to the information in Ch 24, however, you've got Hoti and Bhavarti magic mixed up. It's Bhavarti magic that can be used regardless of attributes, and Hoti magic that requires the proper attribute.

Posted Image

Cloudspawn, you're the coolest:

Spoiler

Zero Breaker

Zero Breaker

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 73 posts

Hey there, nice list, Zero!

According to the information in Ch 24, however, you've got Hoti and Bhavarti magic mixed up. It's Bhavarti magic that can be used regardless of attributes, and Hoti magic that requires the proper attribute.

Hmmm, it's interesting, seeing that there's no chapter24 in English yet.

Well, simply speaking, IT IS BHAVATI that you need a correct attribute. It says so in that chapter 24 too, (and I am native Korean. Currygom's blog says so too. And this is also well known to other Korean readers in online fan cafe)
I think you might have mistaken this somehow.

Cala

Cala

Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 149 posts
  • LocationCanada

Hmmm, it's interesting, seeing that there's no chapter24 in English yet.

Well, simply speaking, IT IS BHAVATI that you need a correct attribute. It says so in that chapter 24 too, (and I am native Korean. Currygom's blog says so too. And this is also well known to other Korean readers in online fan cafe)
I think you might have mistaken this somehow.

I happened to be working on chapter 24 when I read this topic, hence I thought I'd put in my two cents. As far as this mix-up, I will ask our translator to have another look. I speak no Korean myself. From reading your description of the spells, it does look as though the Hoti spells are simpler. Thank you for your input.

Posted Image

Spoiler

Zero Breaker

Zero Breaker

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 73 posts

I happened to be working on chapter 24 when I read this topic, hence I thought I'd put in my two cents. As far as this mix-up, I will ask our translator to have another look. I speak no Korean myself. From reading your description of the spells, it does look as though the Hoti spells are simpler. Thank you for your input.

Oh, it's good to here more Kubera chapters are being translated. I was wondering when a new chapter will be released. Thank you for effort!

Cala

Cala

Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 149 posts
  • LocationCanada
A double check confirms that you are correct regarding Hoti and Bhavati magic. I'm glad your topic helped us notice this before releasing! :)

As for new Kubera releases, many of our projects experienced delays due to final exam season. I can't say exactly when a new chapter will be released, but know we are working on it!

Posted Image

Spoiler

Zero Breaker

Zero Breaker

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 73 posts

A double check confirms that you are correct regarding Hoti and Bhavati magic. I'm glad your topic helped us notice this before releasing! :)

As for new Kubera releases, many of our projects experienced delays due to final exam season. I can't say exactly when a new chapter will be released, but know we are working on it!

Nice to hear that I somehow helped with Kubera translation.

There are more interesting information about Kubera yet to be translated in Currygom's blog. Would it help if I translate those time to time?
(this forum might look spammed by me though)

FunnyBunnyLogic

FunnyBunnyLogic

Fried Potato

• The Company
  • 536 posts
  • LocationThe state that Looks Like a Hand.

Nice to hear that I somehow helped with Kubera translation.

There are more interesting information about Kubera yet to be translated in Currygom's blog. Would it help if I translate those time to time?
(this forum might look spammed by me though)

Zero, I would appreciate any efforts you are willing to make and have made, as it will [hopefully] ensure the accuracy of the English translation we provide to the fans. After all, the goal is to keep as close to the essence of Currygom's work! And as always, I will do my best to use the information for good... not evil! Well, maybe I'll use it for a teeny bit of evil, but there's nothing [too] wrong with that.

Zero Breaker

Zero Breaker

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 73 posts

Zero, I would appreciate any efforts you are willing to make and have made, as it will [hopefully] ensure the accuracy of the English translation we provide to the fans. After all, the goal is to keep as close to the essence of Currygom's work! And as always, I will do my best to use the information for good... not evil! Well, maybe I'll use it for a teeny bit of evil, but there's nothing [too] wrong with that.

Thanks for your effort in this series again.
I just tried to post some translations on 3 races in Kubera...and my stupid firefox shut down before saving it. OMG.
Dunno why firefox these days is so unstable...sigh.

Cala

Cala

Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 149 posts
  • LocationCanada
Oh no! New firefox and I aren't getting along either.

But thanks for trying for us!

Posted Image

Spoiler

Anonymous

Anonymous

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the translations!

Anyone know what Idha Etu is? It appeared in Chapter 65, along with an example of "Idha Etu Brahma."

Cala

Cala

Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 149 posts
  • LocationCanada

Thanks for the translations!

Anyone know what Idha Etu is? It appeared in Chapter 65, along with an example of "Idha Etu Brahma."

We are NOT that far ahead... Good luck.

Also:

Hoti Chandra : Prevents people inside it's area of effect from being detected by the five senses. Can be detected with the sixth sense.

That was actually in a very early chapter of the series. Thanks again for your work, Zero!

Edit: Also, I think you may have Hoti and Bhavati Vayu swapped. :) Hoti Vayu is the levitation spell, but remember how Lorraine was not able to teleport herself, despite being very accomplished?

Edited by Cala, 02 June 2011 - 08:08 AM.

Posted Image

Spoiler

Zero Breaker

Zero Breaker

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 73 posts

We are NOT that far ahead... Good luck.

Also:

Hoti Chandra : Prevents people inside it's area of effect from being detected by the five senses. Can be detected with the sixth sense.

That was actually in a very early chapter of the series. Thanks again for your work, Zero!

Edit: Also, I think you may have Hoti and Bhavati Vayu swapped. :) Hoti Vayu is the levitation spell, but remember how Lorraine was not able to teleport herself, despite being very accomplished?

I am referring only to the original, so it might be different with what's been translated.
Anyway, 'Idha Etu' is the spell for summoning a god to the human realm. It means 'exist here' in the words of god (...according to Brilith)

About that Hoti Chandra....it is true that it is the spell which controls 5 senses around the caster for a while. The reason I did not state this is that...for some reason, Currygom somehow classified this as a 'compound spell' of Hoti Vayu and Hoti Chandra. I guess it is safe to think Hoti Chandra as it is now, but just in case, I left it blank (and I forgot I did so)
A compound spell works by combining two or more spells. The result is a completely new effect of spell, not merely spells used one by one. It seems to be Asha just used two spells separately at once. But Currygom says something else..so I shall wait till things get clearer!

Oh, and Hoti Vayu is the teleportation spell, and Bhavati Vayu is the levitation (yes, I know Hoti looks better this time!)
The reason Lorraine cannot use teleport - hoti vayu - is that, she sucks at magic except for Brahma (creation) magic. It is found in the character profile of Lorraine in the blog. She is an AA...solely from her ability in using Brahma spells.

Cala

Cala

Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 149 posts
  • LocationCanada
*facepalm*

I plead temporary insanity. Haha, it was 2 am and I had Kuberaisms oozing out of my ears, and decided that the spell Asha had been using was hoti vayu. My bad. ^^

Hmm, I wasn't aware of Currygom's referring to that as a compound spell, did it come from the blog?

Posted Image

Spoiler

Zero Breaker

Zero Breaker

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 73 posts

*facepalm*

I plead temporary insanity. Haha, it was 2 am and I had Kuberaisms oozing out of my ears, and decided that the spell Asha had been using was hoti vayu. My bad. ^^

Hmm, I wasn't aware of Currygom's referring to that as a compound spell, did it come from the blog?

Yes, that's from the blog.
Although Currygom says she intends to make Kubera such that blog info is not necessary to understand, it is yet true that blog helps a lot with understanding this series.
The blog contains quite well devised background knowledge about Kubera, and is also quite fun to read...like that character profiles and magics, transcendence skills and so on.

Zero Breaker

Zero Breaker

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 73 posts
Bhavati Asvins updated...BTW, is it just me, or is there anyone else experiencing browser shutting down suddenly when posting in this forum? It seems to happen in Kubera forum in particular. I already lost 3 lengthy posts I almost posted here.

Zero Breaker

Zero Breaker

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 73 posts
A few more magics updated :-)
btw, it's been a while since I visited here last time..I have been so busy..!

Eris Pyre

Eris Pyre

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
Thank you for the information you've posted here. I've only just "discovered" this portion of the forum and I'm hoping there will be much more to read in the future.

Pocky

Pocky

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts
You just saved me from re-reading Kubera and taking notes (I might re-read it, either way, but at least, I wouldn't need to take notes). I'm glad I've found this topic and also, thank for the calendar! That's really useful/interesting, as well^^