Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[OOC] War of Batoto

Spam and off topic disscusions are not allowed in here.

• Please log in to reply
1990 replies to this topic

Sir Flash™

Sir Flash™

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,365 posts
  • LocationGaming & Streaming

We will discuss major events [ex: Disasters, assassinations, celebrations, etc.] or storylines between two or more characters here. All posts are REQUIRED to remain on topic (character and event discussions) only. Keep in mind that any discussions that take place here are NOT to be used as In Character knowledge. If people are planning a major event or plot line on this thread, and more people agree with it, where no one character would have any reason to know about, then it is to remain that way so that it is not ruined for players planning said event, or used against them. If all players agree on certain events, or do not agree, continue discussion until fair terms and agreements can be made.

Rules: http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/11299-rules-regs-for-icbatotia-city/

Bio Thread (Bio Format is in 1st post): http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/12283-war-of-batoto-character-bios/

Theme Song's for the "War of Batoto":

Opening:

Spoiler

Ending:
Spoiler

Edited by CM Flash™, 24 January 2014 - 12:58 AM.

Musician King's SoundCloud: 

p4dJLo8.gif

SON, NIC, SHAKES!!

Spoiler

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts
  • Locationwathcing you from some place far away

i would like to get me listed as leader of the Byoureigumi. With no followers as of yet, but that doesn't matter much.

do we start this war right away, or will the nobodies issue a declaration of war with some more background story to it?

あっ ちょっと死んじまった

Viscoun

Viscoun

Couch Potato

• VisTrans
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

i would like to get me listed as leader of the Byoureigumi. With no followers as of yet, but that doesn't matter much.

do we start this war right away, or will the nobodies issue a declaration of war with some more background story to it?

i'd like to join the byoureigumi. just for the moment. like a temporary alliance of sorts. (i might leave later.... oh well)

you do have a point though... what are the factions of this war? is it a free-for-all? what are we fighting for or against?

and how big will the "battles" be? if it's just small skirmish after small skirmish, it's hardly going to be a war...

and how will the mechanics of this war work? will we shoot at each other with our "weapons", miraculously dodging every single bullet aimed at us every time so that we can keep on playing? or do people get to die in this game?

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts

i won't let anyone on my team die, they'll all be resurrected one way or the other, though it may take some time. i'm immortal, but if someone skewered me with something i'm weak against, i might have to leave a battle for a while. but of course, if people want to die, then that's their choice.

Byoureigumi and the Nobodies have this old conflict going, which we never managed to resolve because the war dies before any side had a clear win. i will be picking up my old feelings of loathing towards those little upstarts who think they are something, since my character is one who won't allow anyone to be haughtier than himself. but other than that, i'm really only doing this for fun, and i think the nobodies are also starting this in order to get some more activity on the forums.

the mechanics of the war are still a mystery to me, but i hope we'll arrange battles rather than just backstabbing each other randomly. we should all get to use our own abilities. i'll probably be hit all the time, since immortality doesn't really raise my awareness, while others will need quite some agility in order to survive. anything is fine with me as long as we all use both our strengths and weaknesses in order to get things moving, but i'd like orino's input on this as well.

あっ ちょっと死んじまった

Sir Flash™

Sir Flash™

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,365 posts

It actually be anything, as far as issuing a declaration, there is no rush, and anyone can do it. (Ex: TON makes one against another clan, and i make one against taka, even though i already am in one, so i will fight with my clan and him, as he is my objective, but we can make this into a story. Thats what this thread is for, so we can figure out how and when to do it. Makes it more fun.

p4dJLo8.gif

SON, NIC, SHAKES!!

Spoiler

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts

to start a story, we can take my old history with the nobodies. i'm sure they have some grudge from the time when i invaded their headquarters. maybe even for starting that one great battle when their commander was away (his fault for being late though).

actually, you nobodies are the ones who brought this old conflict up again. take some responsibility and make it official.

あっ ちょっと死んじまった

Sir Flash™

Sir Flash™

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,365 posts

alright then, but i think its best to have to where we are all scattered after the war, you kidnap one of our members, and send a threat to TON, that way he will try to regroup us, and other conflicts can happen within that, I will start it off but TON will declare the war

p4dJLo8.gif

SON, NIC, SHAKES!!

Spoiler

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts

i'll make the first threatening post then?

after i find my victim

Edited by Takayuki, 18 April 2013 - 12:44 PM.

あっ ちょっと死んじまった

Sir Flash™

Sir Flash™

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,365 posts

i'll make the first threatening post then?

after i find my victim

make sure to get permission

p4dJLo8.gif

SON, NIC, SHAKES!!

Spoiler

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts

working on it. let's start everything after i get something to start it with...

あっ ちょっと死んじまった

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • LocationSint Maarten, Kingdom of the Netherlands
Just a couple of questions;

First, the setting is 'Batoto City'? Is that on earth or... ?
Can players create affiliations/past affiliations (organizations such as the Illuminati, American government or non-player love interests) by themselves or should all ties be cut before the 'war'?
No sex, sexuality, flirting (with or without target player permission), romantic comedy, ect.?

That's it for now, thanks in advance.

Edited by Naifu of Law, 18 April 2013 - 03:44 PM.

“It's all about Power."
"Grabbing it. Keeping it. Using It."
"Power is our currency, our DNA... Our God.”
"We control the World."
"We provide the blueprint. And we give the Instructions."

Sir Flash™

Sir Flash™

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,365 posts

Can players create affiliations/past affiliations (organizations such as the Illuminati, American government) by themselves or should all ties be cut before the 'war'?
No sex, sexuality, flirting (with or without target player permission), romantic comedy, ect.?

As far as batoto forum rules apply, no sex or sexuality at all, as there are a lot of kids on here but you can flirt but not to an extreme. The romance can be a part of it or not, it is your choice. You can have to where it is not involved with the war but could be in another one later, but as I said, it is up to you. But yes you will be in fights as people are creative and can pull you in lol. Making your own affiliation or past one is a great thing to do, as it builds your character's backstory and makes it more fun and enjoyable for everyone else, participators and spectators alike. Make sure you make a bio before doing anything first.

By the way, taka will make the first post...

Edited by Sir Flash, 18 April 2013 - 03:45 PM.

p4dJLo8.gif

SON, NIC, SHAKES!!

Spoiler

Viscoun

Viscoun

Couch Potato

• VisTrans
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

well then, i guess i'll stick around and wait for taka's orders... unless he doesn't want me in the byoureigumi XD

in which case i will become a neutral bystander who will lend my powers to any willing parties... for a price, of course.

Maia

Maia

The Resident Neko

• RP Section Mod
  • 2,441 posts
  • LocationLost in the Echo

This war is, as Taka said, The Nobodies trying to get revenge for the attacks/invasion of the clan. So, as Second in Command of The Nobodies, I will take responsibility and say, ITS OOOON!!!

@Naifu: Forum ties do not actually have to be broken to participate in the War, as it is a separate entity in itself. >^.^< Flash explained the rest, heehee.

Edited by Maia, 18 April 2013 - 06:29 PM.

cei7ea6l_zpsde6a65e1.png

Need staff help? You can go to Staff Support.
Need site help? You can go to Batoto Support.
You can use the Report button if you find anything that is in violation of the Site Rules.
If all else fails you can feel free to send me a PM.

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts

the war is the war, separate from everything, as the same time as you can bring whichever past with you. create your own story, and base it on the world you like the most, anything goes as long as it lets us have fun.

and in a very short while now, we're gonna start. now it's started.

and just to make this a little more orderly: don't go posting whole pages with just two players. give the others a chance to post a reply, or if nobody else posts, let a few hours pass before taking another turn. please.

and more: when people have things to sort out other than fighting on the streets, like kidnapping someone, giving out secret orders, family council, conversations that can be easily summed up in one post in the war when it is tim to reveal it, the best would be to use the pm function. like i did when finding my hostage. it would be something else if i tried to run off with a maiden during a battle, since i might want to give others the opportunity to come to her rescue.

Edited by Takayuki, 18 April 2013 - 07:28 PM.

あっ ちょっと死んじまった

Sir Flash™

Sir Flash™

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,365 posts

Can players create affiliations/past affiliations (organizations such as the Illuminati, American government or non-player love interests) by themselves or should all ties be cut before the 'war'?

also tell me the name of the affiliation/clan so i can update the 1st post

p4dJLo8.gif

SON, NIC, SHAKES!!

Spoiler

Geo

Geo

Potato

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationThe Hood

This seems pretty interesting at much, I can't decide what side to be on really. Maybe I can be a mercenary or something that will soon be forced to pick a side permanently. But this will be fun like the other RP.

Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself.

Memento Mori - Remember to Die.

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts

naifu is byoureigumi, unless they states otherwise.

mercenaries are good as well. write a bio, mess up our affairs, and interesting things may happen.

あっ ちょっと死んじまった

Geo

Geo

Potato

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationThe Hood

Yeah, got it. Going to write something up. 

Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself.

Memento Mori - Remember to Die.

Sir Flash™

Sir Flash™

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,365 posts

Also, make note that sub-clans are possible (clans within a clan)

p4dJLo8.gif

SON, NIC, SHAKES!!

Spoiler