Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Who wants to learn Japanese[Korean/Chinese]?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Poll: Who wants to learn Japanese[Korean/Chinese]? (78 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want to learn Japanese [Korean/Chinese]?

1. Yes, I really want to learn. (37 votes [47.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.44%

2. Yes, I will eventually learn hopefully. (30 votes [38.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.46%

3. No, I don't really care to. (7 votes [8.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.97%

4. No, for sure I wont. (4 votes [5.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.13%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Rachnee

Rachnee

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 92 posts
Ahh sorry, then you can delete this I guess....but honestly, I found out that its not that hard...its just memorizing the shapes of the hiragana, kanji, and katakana.

UPDATE: Merged with relevant thread, no need to delete. :)
-sey-

Edited by seyrine, 11 March 2013 - 02:36 PM.

Maia

Maia

The Resident Neko

• RP Section Mod
  • 2,441 posts
  • LocationLost in the Echo
I want to learn all three, that would make reading manga and other things a lot easier. Especially if I can't find versions of my favorite ones in English. >^.^<

Edited by Maia, 12 March 2013 - 05:06 AM.

cei7ea6l_zpsde6a65e1.png

Need staff help? You can go to Staff Support.
Need site help? You can go to Batoto Support.
You can use the Report button if you find anything that is in violation of the Site Rules.
If all else fails you can feel free to send me a PM.

Kosame

Kosame

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 52 posts
I was fortunate enough to be born into circumstances that encouraged multilingualism
without much effort on my part (but I am not perfect in them....my English for example).
Most of those living in my city are at least bilingual and it is not uncommon for people
to speak three languages. For me, language is best acquired through intense immersion.

Lang-8 is a site which is one part language acquisition and one part social network.
Users write journal entries in the language they are studying and native speakers
edit them and can be added as friends. You may also help others that are studying
your mother tongue by reviewing their entries. Obviously it is recommended that you
have enough of a base to be able to compose simple entries but this website really helps
in expanding vocabulary, learning the finer nuances of language and even picking up
current colloquialisms.

Edited by Kosame, 13 March 2013 - 01:49 AM.

_こさめ_

[mail] kosame_ne[★]outlook.com ・ [★] → @ | [connect] links

Viscoun

Viscoun

Couch Potato

• VisTrans
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationHong Kong
already know chinese, won't need to learn it again.

though learning japanese would be fun... and it would be much better to translate with, too.

Kokai

Kokai

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, nowhere, somewhere and anywhere.
Well I'm too dumb to learn any language, all I know is 30% german, 30% english and 40% grunting and pointing, which make up some makeshift way for me to communicate with.

oceana

oceana

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 471 posts
I tried to study Japanese for a while but it definitively is extremely time consuming. I didn't use any specific site though to learn it, although I never got that far into actually reading in Japanese. I stopped studying it though because I need to learn my Spanish - my whole family is practically of Spanish ethnicity though I had yet even tried to learn Spanish.

To your left is a batch of cookies, and towards your right is a hall filled with doom. Which do you chose?

S.C.

S.C.

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,258 posts
  • LocationThe Epicenter of Indifference
NO. WAY. IN. HELL.
'Cuz whenever I see all that chinese character stuff, I think to myself: "Uh-uh, dat a bitch I ain't ridin'."

Posted Image

yum's nai

yum's nai

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

Its not hard until you hit the kanji wall. It's a brick wall that has crushed many a man's dreams and aspirations. If you know chinese already, you have a HUGE advantage with reading. super jelly

Antalius

Antalius

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 492 posts
  • LocationLimbo

I think I'll put it in the "learning in the first holiday" closet and do it in the future. Seems interesting, plus all the raw goodness  :batoto_030: .

I'v had enough trouble learning Italian. Any other language would be murder to me.

If I may, are you Italian? Not a very common language to study, melodical imo though.

"It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you" - Batman begins

Red Haired Shanks

Red Haired Shanks

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

I also want to learn Japanese in the future, but I don't know If I'll ever have the chance to do so.

I mean I have written off the possibility to learn Japanese via internet. If I'm gonna do it I'll do it with a tutor, otherwise 

I am convinced that I will just spend a lot of time and going nowhere.

Secondly, living in Europe, Japanese isn't a language I am gonna use in the future.. So it would be probably better to learn French, Spanish or German, languages that I am gonna use, from cultures more relevant to mine..

I really love Japanese culture, no matter how crazy and contradictory it is and living there for some amount of time it's a dream I had for some years now, but growing up I started to abandon it, seeing how little chances I have to make it happen..

If I had to choose a language to learn that would be Japanese, but it's not something that would help my future life in any way and I have to seriously consider the latter.

Nayners

Nayners

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationFrance

Too lazy for that (」゚ペ)」

Investing so much time learning a language that won't affect my everyday life a lot is kinda pointless to me. The only things I'd use it for would be to read mangas, watch animes, or play games that I don't even know where to find. Not worth the time spent to me, I'd rather make some cakes instead. 

-SHINS0-

-SHINS0-

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationRedmond, Washington

I wanted to learn Chinese but they only had Japanese so I took what was available. I learn Japanese currently and for the most part it can be interesting. I still think learning Chinese would be more logical way of doing things considering it has more uses.

l9E7Z8I.png

Artic_counter

Artic_counter

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Edited by Artic_counter, 17 June 2018 - 12:35 AM.

phio_chan

phio_chan

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 93 posts

I really wish I had learned Japanese earlier. I tried studying Chinese before, and it didn't work out. Probably because I wasn't interested enough to study it. Now I'm trying to self-teach myself some Japanese. While it works for grammar, I'm having headache with kanji, lol. Hopefully one day I can get proper lessons and can master Japanese like a boss! /obsession

Loyal worshipper of Goose house, AIMER, Kalafina, Ailee, and Pentatonix.