Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

What was the 1st manga you ever read?

manga comic poll

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

samo

samo

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Locationdunno...i'm lost

BERSERK

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts

First Anime : Digimon

First Manga : FMA

First Manwha : Story of Your Heart

αρняσɖιтє

αρняσɖιтє

Baked Potato

• Appreciation Scans
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationFish bowl

My first manga was...

Ruroni Kenshin.

But i didn't understand it

because I was pretty young

and I didn't really know how

to read that time, lol.

Third year of college

groups I work for:

Spoiler

Nimchi

Nimchi

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts

The first manga I read was Ah! my goddess.

Rainblergh

Rainblergh

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 447 posts
  • Locationat every wrong turn to take

First manga~Gakuen Alice

My eyes where swollen for 3 days T^T 

stripper_bunny.gif

kuroto

kuroto

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 66 posts

Hunter x Hunter

A friend brought a physical volume to class and I borrowed it off her.

Edited by kuroto, 06 January 2014 - 04:53 AM.

Posted Image

thedachshund

thedachshund

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Probably kiss x sis. Didnt give me the best impression

TheJoanne

TheJoanne

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

First comic: Asterik. We have a ton lying around the house cos my dad had to buy my mom one every time he pissed her off when they started dating. Let's say we have almost all of them. (And I suspect the ones we don't have were lost in various house moves...)

First manga: Skip beat. Had finished the anime, was in love, went online to find if there was a second season. Found the manga. It's still my favourite. I am now more into manga, and there have been conversations between me and friends over a anime with me never having watched it but filling in the gaps the anime left through my reading of the manga XD

Glave

Glave

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationEverywhere in Nowhere

I seriously don't remember at all. All i read was my brother books. It was among Dragon Ball, Tekken Chinmi, ARMS, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Saiyuki, Doraemon, Crayon Shin Chan, and well there's more, but i don't even remember which one i picked up first.

Yikes, i'm a old man. =P

Edited by Glave, 07 January 2014 - 12:22 AM.

Spoiler

Evan Dark

Evan Dark

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationThe Tower 1F, drinking with Headon-nim

Probably kiss x sis. Didnt give me the best impression

It didn't? Actually, kiss x sis is a fairly straightforward introduction to the world of manga: you get comedy, schoolgirls, titties, brocon, siscon, lolicon, incest, harem, other fetishes, and some borderline hentai in a big lovely box, and nobody seems to mind it. That's manga itself, in a nutshell.

"I looked into the TARDIS, and the TARDIS looked into me..." - Rose Tyler (Bad Wolf)

TAK3Z0

TAK3Z0

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 30 posts

The final chapter of FMA, I couldn't wait for last episode of FMA Brotherhood and thats when I found manga...
Then folowed by Naruto ,same case as FMA (since then I re-read them a few times)
But first manga I started to read from the start was Berserk

TAK3Z0.png

Saraxxk

Saraxxk

Potato

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Locationshiraz,IRAN

lovesick

21ovgv4.gif" When You Feel Envious Of Something, It Means That You Do Not HAVE Whatever It Is You Envy! "

--helter skelter manga

Hoodsome

Hoodsome

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationGuadalcanal, Solomon Islands

It was filipino made manga, though I forgot the title. It was mecha and harem.

shelly

shelly

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 302 posts

Naruto.

I saw it on TV once a week and got fed up with no story progress. "Fuck everything! I'm finding spoilers or something!" Searched on the internet.

And then I found manga.

And now I read manga. Alot.

Well, I only looked at a few pages of it really, and it was all out of context so I didn't understand anything.

I've forgotten what the first manga I actually read was.

I can remember some of the first ones, like +Anima, or 7 Seeds, or the first genderbender I ever read (forgot the title),

But for the very first one all I have is a dim memory of clicking a random title (scroll-quick-and-click random) on the site where I found Naruto, and reading that, but I dont remember what it was at all.

I get a weird feeling it was a shoujo though

Edited by shelly, 28 January 2014 - 01:32 PM.

Linkd

Linkd

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 721 posts

First Manga: Bleach 

I don't know where it's going now unfortunately :/

Two swords Ichigo? *sigh*

Wow!

blue.monday

blue.monday

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 210 posts
Probably Dragonball around 99... Man I am getting old.

-fail

-acquire experience

-use experience to improve behaviour

-succeed
---------------------------------------------------
"The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to such a pass that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others. And having no respect he ceases to love, and in order to occupy and distract himself without love he gives way to passions and coarse pleasures, and sinks to bestiality in his vices, all from continual lying to other men and to himself."  --  Fyodor Dostoyevsky

science hasn't gone far enough  I  Wat zullen we drinken

Quolete

Quolete

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts

The first I ever read was a japanese copy of Dragon Ball with English Scribbles sent by a pen pal with love. Back then, I thought it was lame because an anime is cooler but today they are a goldmine for the non-japanese.

Edited by Quolete, 06 February 2014 - 08:22 PM.

Miki

Miki

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 570 posts
  • LocationIn the trash....

I think it was one piece~

tumblr_mj1tf4Zx0V1s6wcafo1_500.gif                             tumblr_nda9f1laEv1s74qeso2_250.png

Spoiler

bunny_lover

bunny_lover

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

dragon ball, read in Chinese.

iconxraiza

iconxraiza

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 43 posts

I feel so old.. My first manga would be Doraemon, back when I was 3. Then everything Jump since my uncle that living in Japan will send me every month 3-4 editions. I read a lot of mature manga in grade school so am kind of outcast. You know, like saying words kids should not know yet XD.  Now after 20 years reading manga  and am still an otaku for real haha. Owned so much that family library is half manga. 

But what got me into this nerdy situation is One Piece and Evangelion I think. I remember I felt blown away.