Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

What do you think about this ?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Similar-man

Similar-man

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
Hello fellow readers.
I was skeptical at first as this is the first real doujinshi series I'm reading (I mean, I've already read nice One Shots doujinshi but an OS is nothing but an OS, it doesn't have the time to show much depth), and this is pretty good.

There might be spoiler from here on.

The art might not be the greatest, and I thought it a little weird at first that there weren't any real names, just "molester-san" or "miss undie"( though I gotta say, it makes it pretty easier to remember the characters ), but the romance, if not the story, is quite nice. I've read my fair share of Shoujo, Josei, Shonen and Seinen with real romance( not just the usual never-ending "I love him/her, but it can't be that he loves me" with the main protagonists ), so I can say this has potential to become real good even though it's stays light. I doubt we'll see it turning harem and the plot isn't too far-fetched. The attention of Molester-san turns from a girl to another pretty realistically, he didn't really like like Undie at first, she was just the cutest( and only ) girl he had talked to in a lot of time, whereas Kansai is a girl with whom he chatted a lot, got close to and naturally developed feelings for. The last chapter brings light to what Loli found in him. And from this point on I'm just stating what you can yourself see by reading it so I'll stop.

So overall, the characters are well-defined, the story isn't going the drama route( for now ), nor the love-comedy one either, you can relate to the characters' feelings( well I guess that's a little because I'm kinda like the main, except I do have friends IRL ), and from a totally subjective point of view it is not boring at all.

Well, there are probably bad points I've overlooked, and I'd be happy to read what anyone else has to say about this doujinshi or what I said up there.
助けるよ
あたりまえだろう

major_shiznick

major_shiznick

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationU.S.
Finally sat down and gave this a read after a few friends' recommendations. It's very solid. Not sure what the fiction/nonfiction balance is on it, but the sense of realism is incredibly nice. I'm even think that the pseudonyms actually add to the believability, because it reminds you that this is to be read like a personal account from a 2ch'er. Molester is not the ridiculous lameass otaku protagonist who magically acquires womenz that so much romance manga seems to use, and that alone makes it one of the best things I've read in a decent while. It goes without mentioning that the women are characterized very well. Instead of having their personalities dumped on the reader from the get-go, we learn about them exactly as Molester does; there's none of the usual bullshit where their actions and motivations are so transparent to the reader yet somehow escape the protagonist.

I'm also a big fan of the occasional netspeak used; it's a fun little touch.

This will likely become a contender for "my favorite doujinshi", a title currently held by Onani Master Kurosawa.

ndanix

ndanix

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 70 posts
Well, as expected from Yoko, I suppose, the same author of Onani Master Kurosawa. This doujinshi is great and we'll probably see a very solid conclusion and development.

But, true, Onani Master Kurosawa tops my list of best doujinshis.

hogofwar

hogofwar

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 32 posts
Not same author, same artist.

Alrei

Alrei

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationBrazil
I'll say this first: I'm feeling very lucky to, scrolling down Batoto's main page, seeing a peculiar "Molester Man" with a guy with a sadistic smile on the list. It was the fourth chapter. I was like: "lol let's read this, sounds interesting". Because of this, I was able to really enjoy reading and insanely waiting for the chapters.

Man, how I like this manga/doujinshi/whatever. The characters, the art, the story, the characters (yep, again)... They mix pretty well.

I read OMK (actually, 2 days ago lol). Loved it too, but... god dammit, Molester Man is one level above it, imo.

Posted Image

Wayne Low

Wayne Low

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
Hmmm, I been saying in the comments section how much I love this. Figures I write in here to share my own opinions and views; again being my 2 penny, please do not feel offended if it's off from your expectations/opinions.

I read OnePunch-Man awhile back when it kinda got distributed here. Following Boon Scanlation and also a rather provocative Title, I read Molester Man. While I have tried to read a few doujinshi, I don't really like them and to a certain extent like OP was a bit sceptical about reading this... But man this was good; so glad I at least took a look, it was love at first sight. I have been actively buying manga when I was young, a good 20 years of devotion now; back then illustrations and arts were not as expressive as it's now; reading Molester Man reminds me of those glorious older days mangas we had.

But wait, I'm not saying Molester Man is bad in art; I do feel it's drawn that way deliberately to coincide with the theme in the form of a everyday accounts/diary/journal(?). Do away with all the possible new era excessive dramatic reactions, illustrations and drawings, what we have here is strong character developments, storytelling, good contents and simplicity. The vibe and flow is just fantastic. It's predictable to a certain extent but there are some bits of twists and non-exaggerated humors with a lot of everyday's reference to keep you going. What is more, it's realistic and almost everyone can relate to it in some ways or another.

pacifyx

pacifyx

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts
Molester man is great, but saying its better then OMK is just heresy!

MAGNUM777

MAGNUM777

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
I think the art is actually really good. it's rough, like a sketch, but it's still very good.

Similar-man

Similar-man

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
About the art, I think we love it because it feels kind of "in sync" with the story. Also, nowadays like Wayne Low said, the art is almost always very expressive, the average 'quality' of the art in magazines like Jump or Square is quite high. But in my sense, that's just candy for the eye. In most cases, the story is lacking, being why I'm currently more interested in doujinshi( on that matter, thanks for pointing out some of those you guys like ~ )
助けるよ
あたりまえだろう

BakaBaka11

BakaBaka11

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
Best. Manga. Ever.

I've never thought that some slice-of-life manga (a genre which is quite unappealing to me) would make so anxious. Amd seeing that this is a doujinshi that puts majority of official manga to shame only adds to it.

p.s. I've read OMK, this one is better >:3
p.p.s. Art is awesome. It might not be the best drawing but it fits perfectly which is much more important. (same as with DMC)

Edited by BakaBaka11, 17 December 2012 - 09:18 PM.

inzaratha

inzaratha

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationArizona (or somewhere in the forest riding a unicorn)
I like this better than OMK too.
I don't think the art is anything special in some ways, cause it is like rough sketches, but it goes with the true story nature of it, and the art IS really good at showing mood, expression etc and each character has their own distinctive look and expressions, which you often don't see in some polished pieces. I really like the story and characters cause they are believable and real and distinctive. I like the mc.

Edited by inzaratha, 19 December 2012 - 07:30 AM.

FakeHero

FakeHero

Potato

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationReality, sadly...........
Is very good, but still a fart in the wind compared to Onani Master Kurosawa.

Kyon12

Kyon12

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationIn front of my computer
man! this manga is awesome even for even a doujin I think is very good and it has a very solid story I love it even more with each chapter I read.

Kaybee

Kaybee

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
I will admit I haven't read much doujinshi, and I haven't read OMK yet, but this is one of the funniest things that I have ever read. The characters are likeable. The plot while not totally realistic, is within the bounds of possibility. I find myself caught up in the story and on the same emotional rollercoaster ride as the main character. When I clicked to follow this there were only 16 other follows. There are now over 1200! In just three weeks, it has become the first thing I check for when I sit down at the computer.