Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Word Association Game

• Please log in to reply
25314 replies to this topic

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Impact

if I hadn't explicitly taken up the challenge of never using an item in battle

owo I did not know you were a madperson.

(I say this jovially and completely in jest, just in case it's not clear >.< I do self-imposed restrictions here and there in games too.)

...as always with Pokemon (at least the first couple versions' worth) I am amazed at how much information on the subject my brain has retained over the years, such that that play-by-play was totally lucid to me, and I knew what all the moves and items described did, or why certain Pokemon had type advantage over others, or... How much of my brain is just Pokemon for forever? owo

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

Impression

sjoe

sjoe

Potato

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock.

Stamp

owo I did not know you were a madperson.

(I say this jovially and completely in jest, just in case it's not clear >.< I do self-imposed restrictions here and there in games too.)

...as always with Pokemon (at least the first couple versions' worth) I am amazed at how much information on the subject my brain has retained over the years, such that that play-by-play was totally lucid to me, and I knew what all the moves and items described did, or why certain Pokemon had type advantage over others, or... How much of my brain is just Pokemon for forever? owo

Haha, I know (:

I did it to make the game more interesting (also I didn't want to feel like I'm buying my way to victory).

Fwuffy was by far the most useful mon on my team <3 It took out half of Lance's team! Gyarados (which I didn't mention because it was taken out by Fwuffy immediately due to a 4x weakness to electricity), Aerodactly and Charizard; and among the mons belonging to other Elite Four members, it defeated Slowking, two Xatus, Murkrow, Crobat and maybe more that I'm forgetting.

Haha, I assume you played a lot of Pokemon, just like me. I don't think I'll be forgetting this stuff for a while.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Tapdance

I always kind of liked the crazy old psychic lady in the elite four on gold/silver, I seem to recall, even if I only half-remember her.

Though Lance was kinda cool too. So stoic! Great improvement over Blue-kun. Augh why did my childhood game-version retroactively become the name of the antagonist jerk kid TT_TT

On the topic of self-impostled rules, I remember a couple of my college roommates played it with some really truly absurd self-imposed rules. (It went something like: You may only catch the first pokemon you find in any area. If a pokemon faints, you may never use it again. You cannot reload an older save. If all your pokemon faint, you lose the game.)

Whereas the craziest thing I ever did was just to beat the elite four with a team of involved baby pokemon in Gold (I forget when I did this; maybe high school?). Sadly, that was an actual game cartridge and they run the game clock off of the same battery that keeps the save state memory intact (!) so that team is lost to me now, which makes me cry a little if I think about it too hard.

Edited by pokari, 10 June 2018 - 06:03 AM.

sjoe

sjoe

Potato

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock.

Ungulate

I always kind of liked the crazy old psychic lady in the elite four on gold/silver, I seem to recall, even if I only half-remember her.

Though Lance was kinda cool too. So stoic! Great improvement over Blue-kun. Augh why did my childhood game-version retroactively become the name of the antagonist jerk kid TT_TT

On the topic of self-impostled rules, I remember a couple of my college roommates played it with some really truly absurd self-imposed rules. (It went something like: You may only catch the first pokemon you find in any area. If a pokemon faints, you may never use it again. You cannot reload an older save. If all your pokemon faint, you lose the game.)

Whereas the craziest thing I ever did was just to beat the elite four with a team of involved baby pokemon in Gold (I forget when I did this; maybe high school?). Sadly, that was an actual game cartridge and they run the game clock off of the same battery that keeps the save state memory intact (!) so that team is lost to me now, which makes me cry a little if I think about it too hard.

LOL, I never really paid much attention to what the Elite Four said. I think my favourite would be the Gym Leader Whitney, because her Miltank gave me so much trouble, I can't even.

Ahaha, I somehow never played the original Red/Blue, but I really enjoyed their Gen III remakes. I've heard Blue-kun was a much more challening antagonist/rival than Silver, though. Seems like they swapped out the jerky antagonists for more favourably-minded/childhood-friend rivals (at least for gen 3 and 4).

Whoa, that's crazy (it's called a Nuzlocke, I believe?). I very briefly considered doing that, but I wouldn't have been able to handle a Pokemon death and went for a much more forgiving challenge.

Fighting with baby Pokemon must have been tough. I imagine you must have needed a lot of status moves and planning.

Ahh, that's sad. :/ I only ever played the games on an emulator (which used to give me weird messages involving the battery and a clock, but the save file itself remained untouched).

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
just use cheat engine and hack the hp
hooves

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts