Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.5 - 730votes)

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka

Alt Names: alt ダンジョンに出会いを求めるのは間違っているだろうかalt DanMachialt 던전에서 만남을 추구하면 안 되는 걸까alt Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?
Author: Oomori Fujino
Artist: Kunieda
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyHarem HaremRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The huge labyrinth city, Orario, is the gateway to the huge underground maze commonly known as the “Dungeon”. Its strange name causes excitement, a place to gain honor, and maybe even a romance with a pretty girl. A place where people hold their breath, hoping to gain all they wish for, a place where a solitary young man meets a little "god".

"Alright, Bell-kun, follow me! It's time for the "Familiar" initiation rite to happen!"
"Yes! I'm going to get stronger!"

The fated meeting of a boy who wants to become an adventurer, and the failed god who doesn't even have a single follower.

This boy's journey as written by the goddess, "Family's Legend" (Familiar's Myth).

adaptation of the light novel written by Oomori Fujino and illustrated by Yasuda Suzuhito

Spin-offs:
> Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka Gaiden - Sword Oratoria
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/dungeon-ni-deai-wo-motomeru-no-wa-machigatte-iru-darou-ka-gaiden-sword-oratoria-r12581 )

> Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka 4koma - Days of Goddess
( http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/dungeon-ni-deai-o-motomeru-no-wa-machigatte-iru-darou-ka-4koma-days-of-goddess-r13025 )

> Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Familia Chronicle Episode Ryuu
( http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/dungeon-ni-deai-wo-motomeru-no-wa-machigatteiru-darou-ka-familia-chronicle-episode-ryuu-r20901 )
Go to Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Why is the manga behind the anime? New Window joshwah
  • 7 Replies
Topic Light Novel translation New Window Twisted13
  • 14 Replies
Topic LN settings New Window anonymous preferred
  • 41 Replies
Topic Anime adaptation of DanMachi announced! New Window Fruitfish
  • 40 Replies
Topic Manga Discussion New Window why_Why
  • 21 Replies
Topic Adventurer Stats New Window Troommate
  • 5 Replies

2391 Comments

damn!!!! btw thank you for the release!

damn the wait is getting longer and the chapters are getting shorter...

"You can see me?!"

Probably not... shouldn't have any problem HEARING you though.

Apparently John Cena is invulnerable to the magical powers of Bell-kun.

Two months and only 15 pages :(

I guess I'm gonna wait for few months for another few pages.

"You can see me?!"

Probably not... shouldn't have any problem HEARING you though.

Will O Wisp indeed ... Why it turn into "Illegal Work" ?

Maybe Kanji?

preety sure that Welf's skill was Will O' Wisp, not Illegal Work

Will O Wisp indeed ... Why it turn into "Illegal Work" ?

preety sure that Welf's skill was Will O' Wisp, not Illegal Work

Chapter 78 just came out. :/

Translated. Getting good.

Chapter 78 just came out. :/

If this manga were meant to be a promo series, it would have ended after the equivalent of the first or second light novel.  I think people over react way too often to these things.

I hope so- this is one of those cases where the manga is better than the LN. The LN reads like it was written by a 14 year old. The manga keeps the cool story elements without the awful prose.

Yeah, the whole reason Bell's Party was in Level 18 was because they were used as monster bait, by a group who attracted too much attention and ran off to the upper levels.

I think the issue here is that in all of the previous cases, humans used Monsters to do the fighting/killing.  In this instance, this is a human on human fight.  According to the text we were provided in these translations, the guy mentioned he wanted to beat Bell to death, which I'm assuming means he wants to kill Bell.  I thought he just wanted to beat the crap out of him, but I think he wants to do much more... Seriously, what a sack of trash.  I don't think Hermes will allow Bell to die, but I think he wants to teach him a lesson...  I got to say though... Invisible Helmet...?  That's super unfair.  I guess that's not a super OP item though.  Apparently it belonged to his Familia member....  I thought Hermes said it was made by a God (or was it, but it was given to his Familia member)?

Well, Bell is going to power up his luck here (I believe Hestia said his luck hasn't been going up at all), so I'm assuming certain situations will activate his luck, and allow him to get level up (just like the baby dragon spawn in the upper levels).  His luck SHOULD activate in this battle and allow him to either somehow look through the invisibility, hear better, or something to give him an advantage against this invisible opponent.

After that, he will Level-Up to Level 3.

It's funny, not only is that piece of trash going to lose, but he's going to help Bell grow and achieve higher Levels due to the fight....  Even if Bell Lost, Hestia said that Bell saving his allies and being on the "brink of death" allowed him to gain points to almost Level-Up.  Technically he is in the same situation now, so the outcome should allow a Level-Up regardless...  Maybe the Level-Up will be much higher if Bell wins, but I doubt he will get to Level 4 from this, maybe just more stat points.

Hermes definitely wants to see Bell's worth, if Bell truly is the grandson of Zeus.

You're probably right about the luck stat going up, now that I think about it, instead of legitimate character growth, he'll just get out of anything too dangerous with dumb luck, I mean we wouldn't wanna damage his fragile shounen MC psyche with reality after all~

or just being plain cruel ...

in Myth story, Artemis being tricked to shot arrow black dot at the far horizon ...

that black dot is head of person she love ... yeah ... sometimes it just plain cruel ...

Zeus pretty much set the tone for "You people were a buncha fuckin weirdos"

Except for it's one of those "lessons in shit he already knew" moments? I mean did we forget about douchebag mcwonderfuck in the Loki Familia? Or how about those people who were bullying the supporter and going to use her as monster bait? I'm pretty sure Bell already knew that people could be evil jackasses.

Yeah, the whole reason Bell's Party was in Level 18 was because they were used as monster bait, by a group who attracted too much attention and ran off to the upper levels.

I think the issue here is that in all of the previous cases, humans used Monsters to do the fighting/killing.  In this instance, this is a human on human fight.  According to the text we were provided in these translations, the guy mentioned he wanted to beat Bell to death, which I'm assuming means he wants to kill Bell.  I thought he just wanted to beat the crap out of him, but I think he wants to do much more... Seriously, what a sack of trash.  I don't think Hermes will allow Bell to die, but I think he wants to teach him a lesson...  I got to say though... Invisible Helmet...?  That's super unfair.  I guess that's not a super OP item though.  Apparently it belonged to his Familia member....  I thought Hermes said it was made by a God (or was it, but it was given to his Familia member)?

Well, Bell is going to power up his luck here (I believe Hestia said his luck hasn't been going up at all), so I'm assuming certain situations will activate his luck, and allow him to get level up (just like the baby dragon spawn in the upper levels).  His luck SHOULD activate in this battle and allow him to either somehow look through the invisibility, hear better, or something to give him an advantage against this invisible opponent.

After that, he will Level-Up to Level 3.

It's funny, not only is that piece of trash going to lose, but he's going to help Bell grow and achieve higher Levels due to the fight....  Even if Bell Lost, Hestia said that Bell saving his allies and being on the "brink of death" allowed him to gain points to almost Level-Up.  Technically he is in the same situation now, so the outcome should allow a Level-Up regardless...  Maybe the Level-Up will be much higher if Bell wins, but I doubt he will get to Level 4 from this, maybe just more stat points.

Hermes definitely wants to see Bell's worth, if Bell truly is the grandson of Zeus.

I mean he's a Greek god. They're pretty prone to being absolute assholes just for the giggles.

or just being plain cruel ...

in Myth story, Artemis being tricked to shot arrow black dot at the far horizon ...

that black dot is head of person she love ... yeah ... sometimes it just plain cruel ...

Except for it's one of those "lessons in shit he already knew" moments? I mean did we forget about douchebag mcwonderfuck in the Loki Familia? Or how about those people who were bullying the supporter and going to use her as monster bait? I'm pretty sure Bell already knew that people could be evil jackasses.

"Knowing" there are evil jackasses out there and being "aware" of them are two very different things, and he clearly didn't gain much awareness from that earlier encounter, and all that handholding is what stumped his growth in the first place, which is why Hermes is in the right here, throw that lion cub off the cliff!

I mean he's a Greek god. They're pretty prone to being absolute assholes just for the giggles.

Hermes is right to break him in early, and if he wants to enjoy the show that's his business.

And this is the only manga where the loli isn't really a loli (she has curves, a mature face, and actual melons) Bravo author, bravo, your MC is still a dime a dozen though.

Hermes is right to break him in early, and if he wants to enjoy the show that's his business.

And this is the only manga where the loli isn't really a loli (she has curves, a mature face, and actual melons) Bravo author, bravo, your MC is still a dime a dozen though.

shouldn't be. from what i can read on the wiki (which has spoilers from the LN), there should be MUCH more stuff after the anime ending...unless this just happens to be one of those LN promo mangos. which i assure you would make plenty more people to rage REALLY hard on the net, not just Batoto

If this manga were meant to be a promo series, it would have ended after the equivalent of the first or second light novel.  I think people over react way too often to these things.

What's funny is that an Al-mi'raj is MUCH more dangerous than any bear. They're known for stabbing and devouring prey

much larger than themselves. Easily on par with the Killer Rabbit from Monty Python.

Yeah, fuck you Hermes and girl I can't remember the name for.
Completely unnecessary thing to do.

If she's powerful in anything besides borrowing money then she better show it off soon.

Spoiler

With how the gods don't use their godly powers when they descend, it can be quite easy to forget that they're gods. It's even easier to forget with the general way Heistia acts and does fairly menial part time jobs and is almost always nice to everyone, that she's actually a pretty major and highly powerful god who can and will snap violently if her big red button with "Bell Cranel" written on it, is pressed.

If she's powerful in anything besides borrowing money then she better show it off soon.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics