Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Light Novel translation

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Twisted13

Twisted13

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 45 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth

DanMachi Light novel Volume 5 is being translated here. Please guys visit the site and give COMMENTs to show your support to the translator. Remember every comment of yours is a big help for the translator to translate faster because it will motivate them.

~A   B I G    L I G H T   N O V E L   L O V E R.~

SwordNoob

SwordNoob

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationTiny little Belgium

That s exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a bunch! Gonna see if I can help the translator out ^^

On Sunday, God abandoned the world after admitting failure.

mrpatpie

mrpatpie

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Locationthere *points*

can't read it =/

broteampill on youtube FTW

Raszagal

Raszagal

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationIquique, Chile

Could you lend me a hand with finding  a webpage where I'll be able to read the Vol 1-4 of the Light novel?

Thanks in advance

262xog1.jpg

ozman

ozman

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 27 posts
Jcafe 24

captnG386

captnG386

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

technically if you search around a bit and look for clues and can tolerate machine translations that arent proofread or anything you can translate in your browser upto volume 6 tho ill admit its very rough so dont claim i said it would be easy its not lol reading and understanding what you read are 2 different things lol

Kemm

Kemm

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts

Or for the first 4 volumes you can check the backup blog of Solitary Translations, where everything from the original blog plus a bit of additional work on Magika no Kenshi is uploaded (if I'm not wrong, you still need the password to read DanMachi, but it's a very easy one; also, he's currently on hiatus, so no more updates).

LunaticM

LunaticM

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Solitary Translations was taken down by DMCA, the only link i know for 1-4 volumes is this one:

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=660589

Edited by LunaticM, 23 May 2015 - 05:54 PM.

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

I guess we might as well forget Vol 5 and 6 all over ...

And hope anime / manga can cover more ...

Whatever_

Whatever_

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationGermany

really sad  : ( this was my favorite LN after DxD....i was able to save  volumes 1-4 and even  vol 5 chapter 1 but i missed the second one, now its taken down... since the manga is way too fast and doesnt have much dialog like the LN, you cant expect much from it

vapor

vapor

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 60 posts

really sad  : ( this was my favorite LN after DxD....i was able to save  volumes 1-4 and even  vol 5 chapter 1 but i missed the second one, now its taken down... since the manga is way too fast and doesnt have much dialog like the LN, you cant expect much from it

I'm actually wondering if it's worth reading the LN even. I still have the first 4 volumes sitting on my hard drive, haven't read them yet. I've watched the anime up to the current point, and from what I've read that's pretty much already 1-4 and beyond now.

junior1210

junior1210

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Yes, it's worth reading the LN. I have all 5 of the 'unofficial' translations and am currently buying the published LNs as they come available (vol 3 will be out on Amazon Aug 18). The manga is good, but a good bit is left out, glossed over, or the emphasis is wrong.

Fadamor

Fadamor

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 80 posts

I'm reading the licensed translation. Yen Press recently released Volume 6 of their printings.

The anime covered Volumes 1-5, so Volume 6 was the first volume where I didn't already know what was going to happen.

In comparing the LN to the anime to the manga, the LN (obviously) holds closest to the story seeing as it is the source material for the other two medium. The manga is very good at following the LN because they aren't constrained by viewing seasons like anime are. The anime skipped sub-plots it deemed unnecessary for the overall story in order to fit Volumes 1 - 5 of the LN into 13 episodes and therefore is the least true to the LN.

Helz

Helz

Potato

• Members
  • 196 posts

I'm reading the licensed translation. Yen Press recently released Volume 6 of their printings.

The anime covered Volumes 1-5, so Volume 6 was the first volume where I didn't already know what was going to happen.

In comparing the LN to the anime to the manga, the LN (obviously) holds closest to the story seeing as it is the source material for the other two medium. The manga is very good at following the LN because they aren't constrained by viewing seasons like anime are. The anime skipped sub-plots it deemed unnecessary for the overall story in order to fit Volumes 1 - 5 of the LN into 13 episodes and therefore is the least true to the LN.

Volume 7 is coming out tomorrow.. it costs 7 euros when bought through app so im quite satisfied with this setting.. 4 months between volumes sucks though..

Fadamor

Fadamor

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 80 posts

Three months - the 2nd half of September to the 2nd half of December.

Volume 7 of  the LN is STEAMY - taking place almost entirely in Orario's "Red Light District"!

DanMachi7%20Cover.png