Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.48 - 403votes)

I Am a Hero

Alt Names: alt Ako ay isang Bayanialt Aku Adalah Seorang Pahlawanalt アイアムアヒーローalt Ben Bir Kahramanımalt Eu Sou Um Heróialt 请叫我英雄alt Soy un Héroealt Tôi là anh hùngalt من قهرمانمalt Я — геройalt אני גיבורalt أنا بطل
Author: Hanazawa Kengo
Artist: Hanazawa Kengo
Genres: Action ActionAward Winning Award WinningDrama DramaEcchi EcchiHorror HorrorMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSmut SmutSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Hideo Suzuki is a thirty-five year old mangaka assistant struggling to be the hero in his own life by breaking back into the lime light with a new serial all the while juggling his relationship with his girlfriend and his own delusions.

However, as hard as Hideo may try, the world seems to have a different set of plans for him; sinister and dark machinations that completely overturn his reality as he knows it.

Nominated for the 3rd and 4th Manga Taisho Award (2010 and 2011).
Go to I Am a Hero Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Final Chapter (264) disc. (spoilers) New Window Serial Raper
  • 9 Replies
Topic Is there any sight to when this might end? New Window SangMo
  • 2 Replies
Topic "I Am a Hero" movie coming out April 23rd, 2016 New Window Ozen
  • 17 Replies
Topic Chapter 197 New Window Tadao
  • 0 Replies
Topic Zombie Apocalypse Day Preparation (For fun) New Window Harpuea
  • 21 Replies
Topic Infected and awakened and hair. New Window Delete me 12345567
  • 2 Replies

1217 Comments

I don't know if I'll sleep well after reading 105...
@omnomnom: Copy&Paste of what I had said on another comment page; To make it more interesting and have some realism to it. It makes the story set in some sort of alternative universe where zombie knowledge is limited and not widely used in media.
And frankly, if in our real world a zombie apocalypse does happen, not everyone will react immediately to it. Because in our world there's still like 60% of people who has never seen a zombie movie or played a zombie game(eg. old people and little kids).
Holy crap chapter 105! Going to need eye bleach, brain bleach, and a blow to the head for short term amnesia just to forget what I just saw!
Omg i need more My fav manga!!!
Chapter 94 and 95 are useless chapters. I don't get why the author did that. Well anyways, I want to thank llluminati-Manga for releasing a boat load of chapters.
Lol pregnant crappy zombie ! Did Hideo fired 6 times at it , or just cuz of nerves he reloaded 3 times ?
anyone else started getting annoyed when it reach chapt 25?
Spoiler
Can't wait for the next chapter.

One of my favorite manga.
quit reading at chapter 60ish.
what can i say, it started quite nice but this setting is just too unreal to me. i mean, how can people possibly be this stupid? i remember a pannel where there was a building on fire and people being attacked by deformed humans covered in blood, and there were people just strolling by like nothing was happening. there were fucking airplanes falling all over.

it wouldnt take watching more than 2 of these guys to make sure its a zombie infestation starting and to get the hell outta there and forget about money and law.

and i dont even want to start talking about the MC.
... Amazing... At first the art kinda annoyed me, but I quickly got into it and think that these stupid-looking expressions have some charm to them.
This story has just about everything... even a delusional neet-MC (main character)...

I can only recommend this to anyone who can stomach disfigured, rotten and cut up corpses
Wow. I actually read it all. At first I hated the art. But the zombies look pretty cool. I've come to really love this manga. When is the next release?
I'm sure they'll take the nail out of the head, however her brain has most likely been damaged, so it may end up being a dead end for her in case she's to be cured. Or she'll become some sort of an invalid at best. This manga is not of those that shows a bright angel-onei-chan who'll cure it as if nothing happened.
i hope they put that nail outta her head
when that dude ripped off his dick, that was by far the most disturbing thing i have seen in this manga so far. It sent shivers down my spine.
Это же просто охуенно!

Really, one of the best manga I've ever read!
this is the most realistic zombie outbreak scenario .
I have to say...the fuck is going on with Gantz_Waitingroom & Illuminati-Manga?
I think what is really good in this manga is the twist of typical things that we can see in other mangas and movies that talk about "infected" people. As well, its a very strong way to describe the main characters inner thoughts and fears, with all that "monsters" and mythological based figures. One of my favourites, that is.
this story is ten ways horror. But I really do hope they finally get to safety, or at least a place not run by insane thugs.
@sturm55

Maybe its just because I live in good ol'USA but I can't imagine that anyone would say anything about the law if things got THAT bad THAT quick.

Also I cannot imagine ANYONE holding a "Uzi" BB gun like that 1 dude was holding it, Seriously, those things can barely break skin, much less cause actual harm (just watch your eyes - and if its the plastic BB's they can't blind you so there's nothing to worry about) anyone, In a real situation he'd be laughed at, the "Uzi" certainly wouldn't give him the power to throw people off the roof and rape girls.

Nor would that little crossbow, because its seriously hard to hit someone in the head while they are moving, I do paintball and if I'm aiming for helmets I *might* hit 1 time out of 10 shots and thats when I'm shooting very quickly, much less a hand-held "crossbow" that shoots what looks like nails.

I don't want to come like I hate the manga, because I don't, its just certain things that are keeping me from loving the series.
Noobaloob: I think the point is that worrying about breaking the law is a kind a coping mechanism, people are desperate for normality.
He left him the bacon, he will never be forgotten
<p>Thank you <a href="&#46;&#46;/&#46;&#46;/&#46;&#46;/group/_/gantz-waitingroom-r369">Gantz_Waitingroom</a> and Illuminati Scans for submitting twice each chapter in order to make everything more complicated than it needed.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>:D</p>
<p> </p>
<p>And thanks for scanlating great stuff, incidentally ;)</p>
I seriously hate the way this artist draws.. its like they're drawn on purpose to look snobby/retarded.

With that said, the story is pretty alright - the main character is still a coward though and why the fuck are people still talking about breaking the law seriously in that situation laws like robbing stores/etc don't exist.
That zomfag at the rooftop crack me up. The Best 1978!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics