Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.48 - 403votes)

I Am a Hero

Alt Names: alt Ako ay isang Bayanialt Aku Adalah Seorang Pahlawanalt アイアムアヒーローalt Ben Bir Kahramanımalt Eu Sou Um Heróialt 请叫我英雄alt Soy un Héroealt Tôi là anh hùngalt من قهرمانمalt Я — геройalt אני גיבורalt أنا بطل
Author: Hanazawa Kengo
Artist: Hanazawa Kengo
Genres: Action ActionAward Winning Award WinningDrama DramaEcchi EcchiHorror HorrorMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSmut SmutSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Hideo Suzuki is a thirty-five year old mangaka assistant struggling to be the hero in his own life by breaking back into the lime light with a new serial all the while juggling his relationship with his girlfriend and his own delusions.

However, as hard as Hideo may try, the world seems to have a different set of plans for him; sinister and dark machinations that completely overturn his reality as he knows it.

Nominated for the 3rd and 4th Manga Taisho Award (2010 and 2011).
Go to I Am a Hero Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Final Chapter (264) disc. (spoilers) New Window Serial Raper
  • 9 Replies
Topic Is there any sight to when this might end? New Window SangMo
  • 2 Replies
Topic "I Am a Hero" movie coming out April 23rd, 2016 New Window Ozen
  • 17 Replies
Topic Chapter 197 New Window Tadao
  • 0 Replies
Topic Zombie Apocalypse Day Preparation (For fun) New Window Harpuea
  • 21 Replies
Topic Infected and awakened and hair. New Window Delete me 12345567
  • 2 Replies

1217 Comments

@WaffleStatus What are you talking about? All I said was that this is a crappy chapter and wasn't worth the half of year wait. I was expecting some exciting, and disturbing horror like what I am used to in this manga but instead all I got was a chapter filled with flashbacks and a conversation. I mean like what am I reading?! Naruto?! Pfft... Oh and quit being a douche that was just an statement.

I hope for gods sake that I wasn't waiting 6 months for 1 chapter that's 20 pages long and isn't that interesting...

Really? You hope for God's sake? Gee, how terrifying.

I am a Hero is a manga that is best read by the volumes, like Punpun. You're not going to find a whole lot of development in a single, isolated chapter. So why don't you get some patience and wait for the bulk release, instead of bickering that another group had the courtesy to give you a sneak preview?

Grow up and quit being so self-entitled.

I hope for gods sake that I wasn't waiting 6 months for 1 chapter that's 20 pages long and isn't that interesting...

it's like addiction , a small dose isn't enough anymore ,anyway thank you Madman Scans for this chapter , and hopefully we won't have to wait another 6 months for the next chapter !  

1 night read, 2:00 am time for bed

Illuminati-Manga scanalate it in volumes, and v12 is now being cleaned. For more info - go to their IRC.

Oh okay. I didn't realize. Thanks for clearing that up. Happy to know that it's still going.

somehow i can imagine Hideo becoming badass later using multiple of guns (like pistol , bow or something for the silencer and less noise ) with a kick-ass Katana ... 

So, is this manga dead now?

Illuminati-Manga scanalate it in volumes, and v12 is now being cleaned. For more info - go to their IRC.
wow. just wow.

started it 2 days ago. not bored - not even once. great.
So, is this manga dead now?
SO epic
hell, i created this account just to follow this manga... it has certain amount of horror and also some adult jokes, and what make this manga very charming and so alive are how the protagonist struggles between his way of thinking and the reality of real world inside this manga. Totally worth of my time. Need the next chapter, can't wait! lol :D

after 8 chapters I gave up. It's not great at all.

Bamboocha, chapter 9 is when things get interesting.
I'd argue that the whole first volume is merely the prologue of the story so to anyone else who is just beginning to read this: Don't give up early like Bamboocha. Read the first 2 volumes before deciding whether to drop this or not. Otherwise you may miss one of the best horror stories available.
and those 4chan posts were highly accurate.
Art reminds me of fressia
rofl this is some crazy black humor the discussion about the hamster haha!
it's scary,, but it's good. Can't stop read it..
Chapter 1 is confusing but... I was attracted by some power of author. Follow!
chapter one here i go!
@Caleb, it's regular zombie stuff, on an unusually good level. This is what a real zombie apocalypse is supposed to be like, and what zombies should be like. I don't think it's too extreme, I haven't had any nightmares, at least. Could be creepy.
I need to know: will this manga cause me nightmares and heart-pounding shock? I'm not good with horror but this just looks soo interesting. Don't wanna do something I'll regret.
@Bamboocha

it is good, just a slow start so you gotta be a bit patient

or maybe this just isn't your type of manga
FUC*!! http://vatoto.com/read/_/59661/i-am-a-hero_v1_ch1_by_gantz-waitingroom/24
I was startled!!!!!!!
fudge!..my heart is still racing!!!
Teks after 8 chapters I gave up. It's not great at all.
Close to 1200 followers at this point and only 78 votes? wtf guys, vote! This manga is great!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics