Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.59 - 129votes)

Yesterday wo Utatte

Alt Names: alt イエスタデイをうたってalt Bana Dünü Söylealt Sing "Yesterday" for Mealt Sing Yesterday for Mealt Sing Yesterday!alt Yesterday o Utattealt 昨日之歌
Author: Toume Kei
Artist: Toume Kei
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: After college, Rikuo Uozumi, a boy without much ambition in life, takes on a job at a convenience store. The days pass by uneventfully for Rikuo until he meets his former love interest and classmate, but especially thanks to the unusual Haru Nonaka, and her pet crow…
Go to Yesterday wo Utatte Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Cliche I know, but who are you rooting for? New Window Purple Library Guy
  • 64 Replies

466 Comments

After taking some time to cool off and reflect, here is my summary of my feelings regarding Shinako and Rui (little brother, in my last post I got confused about the names because I was a little heated and they both start with R). Shinako played that stupid little game where she sent mixed signals intentionally, and in a way that personally disgusts me. "I just need to be forced into a relationship" is slimy and can only end in tears, what she really needs is to see a therapist. I was more angry about her at first, but that's mostly personal, because she is all screwed up inside.

Rui, however, is actually worse, once I think about it. He is entirely selfish. He doesn't consider Shinako's feelings (she probably has qualms about hooking up with the little brother of the guy she liked), and even though there is the Japanese cultural aspect of that, I still find his actions reprehensible. He only attempts to mature in order to throw it in Shinako's face, and is trying to bludgeon her into a relationship. He only really cares for her because he thinks he can get something out of it.
He really handles everything in a poor way, unlike Haru, who genuinely cares for MC and gets to know him and is expressing that in an "if you love something, set it free" kind of way.

TL;DR Rui and Shinako getting together would have me call either foul writing or author diving even more into the "real is gray" territory with a dysfunctional relationship.
Bladestone: Agreed. It felt to me like he
Spoiler
they should stamp a label on the tankoubons that reads: requires: 1 fuckton of patience
wow. months after i stopped reading this the story hasnt moved a bit since. shinako is still a selfish bitch and the main lead is still idiotic and that crow girl is still there to cheer him up. talk about tiresome.
Shinako and Rikuo are both obnoxious, and should both get relegated to "never appearing again background character" status.
I think that is a subtle shift towards Haru. I think Shinako was expecting him to be "forceful" there and was surprised he bailed so easily.
Thanks for the new chapter VIS!!
She better be there for that long overdue confession or to finally accept his feelings. Keeping my fingers crossed!!
..and because of such chapters, I'm happy to read this manga.
I prefer Shinako more with Rikuo than with Haru. Don't really like the brother too much. Just kinda feels like Rikuo has liked Shinako for so long and has been pursuing even after he got rejected, to just give up and go with someone else would feel like he just wasted all his time.
I definitely don't want him with Shinako - I can't stand her actually and she would be better with the younger brother. I like Haru.
Dump Shinako and take Haru. I like Shinako. A lot. But the effort to get her is...
this Shinako chick's got lots of baggage
the guy who manages to capture her heart should get a medal
thanks VIS!!!
Thanks a lot for the update! and thank you Jazz form TKtranslate! It definitely would be nice to see more of this series.
Give all your thanks to our new TL'er Jazz from TKtranslate for helping speed up this series along. It's nice to be able to put these out at a decent pace.
This manga really resounds a chord in me because I'm about to head of too college. Great read!
New chapter, hurrah! Thanks Village Idiot!
I guess I'll give it a try and see how it goes. Thanks~
That was a nice moment between Haru and Rikuo.

I have no problems with the slow pace, but I think I would definitely enjoy it a lot more if this series was completed, the slow pace just makes waiting for the next chapter a lot harder but imo the slow pace is what gives it a nice slice of life feel.
Great new chapter, thanks a lot VIS!!
Haru is so cuuuuuute ><
@ryvrdrgn14
Spacy put it pretty well, it doesn't have as much follows because of the slow releases, and it doesn't appeal to the average shounen fan. Don't judge a manga by it's follows though, there are lots of fantastic works with a small following ;). This one's good.
The scanlations are rather slow (but I don't know whether that's because of the manga's release schedule.) But it's cute and down to earth. Maybe too down to earth for most people?
The scanlations are rather slow (but I don't know whether that's because of the manga's release schedule.) But it's cute and down to earth. Maybe too down to earth for most people?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics