Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Cliche I know, but who are you rooting for?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.
I usually don't like triangles and such. But this one has such a different feel . . . and I hate to say it, but I actually don't feel like I know how things are going to end up. Usually it's pretty obvious, but this has such a vaguely melancholy tone to it that it's far from certain anyone will end up with anyone. Makes it feel as if there's some point to backing one or another pairing, even though there still isn't.

I want Rikuo to get together with Haru the crow girl. I like her--she's different, she's got energy and spunk, and she's honest. She'd do him good, too. The other girl is nice, but frankly I think her and Rikuo together would be too much nostalgia and negative energy in one place. I feel like they'd be gloomy and passive even when they made love.

(Oh, no. Now I'm imagining their bedroom dialogue:
"Oh, Rikuo! Harder! If you thrust a bit harder I might stop thinking about the dead guy I like more than you!" "Uh! I would, but what's the point? Too much trouble.") :lol:

Mild Fracas

Mild Fracas

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationThe Disco
That dialog... it's terrible but i can totally see it happening haha! Haru is my vote for now, but i think sometime soon Shinako is going to start to realize her feelings for him, and things are going to get even more interesting when that happens. But knowing how hard it is to predict what will happen in this manga, a third girl might come into play also(like that ex from high school who showed up). Either way, i doubt it'll be disappointing. ;)

inzaratha

inzaratha

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationArizona (or somewhere in the forest riding a unicorn)
Haru has my vote too, I like her personality much better and the other teacher had numerous opportunities to accept him but hasn't - it's like she just kept him as a "spare" in case she couldn't find anyone else and I would hate for him to wind up with someone with that attitude.

Mira

Mira

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
If I remember correctly... SPOILER
Spoiler

rc1138

rc1138

Potato Spud

• Donator
  • 46 posts
Haru!Haru!Haru! She accepts him as he is, and doesn`t expect anything in return. Her honesty and simplicity makes her cute, while her enigmatic attitude and even the adult-like view of the world gives her charm as a woman. She is already not a teenager, though not a fully fledged grown up. Stuck in the middle, sometimes cheerful and infantile, sometimes melancholic and wise.
The main problem is that they hit it off so good as friends, that changing their relation to lovers is not an easy job(Rikuo is extremely stubborn and has no desire to accept her affection).

qg8m3S.gif

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato
Gotta vote for Haru, how could someone not like her? Besides, she and Rikuo are like they're made for reach other (other than her being a lot more upbeat in general)

Tn7HA0h.png

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
  • LocationManetheren, but more realistically Southern California
I am definitely a Haru fan. I can't think of the former girlfriend as anything but a two dimensional personality, whereas Haru is a real character with depth.

Zhi Laohu

Zhi Laohu

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationArbitrary
Haru, obviously =P. I can see it going either way though. As Comadrin said, Shinako was really two dimensional, but in the recent chapters it looks like she's going to develop more. She might end up being a lot more likeable later.

taak123

taak123

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
haru with the main and shinako with the little bro!

LinuxXD

LinuxXD

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Haru has my vote too, I like her personality much better and the other teacher had numerous opportunities to accept him but hasn't - it's like she just kept him as a "spare" in case she couldn't find anyone else and I would hate for him to wind up with someone with that attitude.

It is good that the button "Like This" can only click once, if not i will click it as many as i can..

Antor

Antor

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
I think that Rikuo needs to see how his life is without Haru for a bit, I've got the impression that she's a bigger part of his life than he's willing to admit.

Shinako is also a good girl, she's caring and beautiful but I think that Rikuo deep down already knows it's never gonna happen.
I've felt the same way once, in love and rejected, still friend but hoping for things to change. It took me forever to accept that things wouldn't go the way I hoped for, but I always knew, just didn't want to accept the idea.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
Gotta love Haru, she keeps plugging away at him..........I think his defenses are weakening towards her charms too.

Tn7HA0h.png

tvesrb

tvesrb

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
I'm rooting for Haru. besides the fact that I like Haru more, it's better to have someone who will actually appreciate him than someone who lives in the past. although, ironically enough, Haru herself doesn't get the appreciation she deserves for genuinely being there for him. this manga is just full of unrequited love.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I'm rooting for Haru. besides the fact that I like Haru more, it's better to have someone who will actually appreciate him than someone who lives in the past. although, ironically enough, Haru herself doesn't get the appreciation she deserves for genuinely being there for him. this manga is just full of unrequited love.

I've already cast my vote for Haru a while back............but just to make a note.........I agree even more so now with your comment. As the story has progressed I've become more and more convinced that Shinako is one of those people who will never be able to fully recover from or forget her regrets of the past. As her character stands now, I'd guess she'll always dwell on the sadness, and anyone intent on being close to her will get their fair share of it as well.

Tn7HA0h.png

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.
Well, we've reached the first definite sign of a shift. He was going to Shinako's place, she'd said basically she wished for a more forceful him, then at the last moment she chickened out. And here's the key--he thought of Haru and then, instead of pushing a little like she'd already signalled she'd welcome, he backed off and left. It wasn't a romantic thought and he doesn't understand why he did it, but his heart has started turning to Haru.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
True, that is one way to look at it........though it's also possible that he just doesn't have that "forceful" trait that she was asking for in his nature to begin with. He still is really hung up on Shinako, whether Haru is working her way in or not. Still a toss up.

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
Wow, that was sure some turn of events........I think maybe Haru is pulling out into a lead. I hope so

Tn7HA0h.png

inzaratha

inzaratha

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationArizona (or somewhere in the forest riding a unicorn)
Well I am so glad he went to see Haru instead of that depressing woman, I don't care if he's liked Shinako for a while, she is just too damn depressing and he is just a spare to her, he would never be the one she really loved. I am glad he went to see Haru at her work instead of that woman. He should realize that whatever it is that is holding Shinako back from expressing her emotions means that they are not meant to be and he should move on. Haru would brighten him up, while Shinako would drag him down.

Edited by inzaratha, 27 February 2013 - 07:37 AM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
Can't disagree with that, it is a shame though, but yeah, Shinako is really stuck in the past. It's frankly a debatable thing as to if she'll ever be able to break out of it.......even if she does end up with one of the guys, she's liable to always carry that burden with her it seems like.

Tn7HA0h.png

tvesrb

tvesrb

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
Shinako is the type to put things off until pushed to act, isn't she??
why doesn't anyone give her the number of a good therapist?? I think someone with her schedule could find the time.

Edited by tvesrb, 28 February 2013 - 05:21 PM.