Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.61 - 170votes)

Ouroboros

Alt Names: alt ウロボロスalt ウロボロス 警察ヲ裁クハ我ニアリalt 無間雙龍alt 无间型警
Author: Kanzaki Yuuya
Artist: Kanzaki Yuuya
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyMystery MysteryRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Ikuo Ryuuzaki and Danno Tatsuya are 2 orphaned boys who were looked after by a woman they called 'sensei'. Following their sensei's brutal murder, the two vow to hunt down her killers and the police officers who neglected to properly investigate the case.

15 years later, Ryuuzaki is a police detective and Tatsuya has become the leader of a group of mobsters. Helping each other out behind the scenes, they strive to rise to the tops of their respective fields so that they may exact their vengeance.

NOTE: the covers of the final volumes tend to be spoilerish, so leave the cover of the volume currently being scanlated, please.
Go to Ouroboros Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Ouroboros chapter discussions thread New Window truepurple
  • 9 Replies

436 Comments

I meant that I checked the Chinese scans both for ch7 and ch40. Pikakeung translated from Chinese as well, so any errors would not be his. Still, I'm curious, if anyone wants to solve this conundrum.
Well then, if I feel like it, I might track down the raws for chapter seven and see whether the former translator, Mr Pikakeung, committed a minor slip. Or I might just forget about it, since it is not important for the story.
@kendama Great spot. I can confirm that is what the Chinese scans say.
Wow, the author made a major retcon in the story (or else it is a huge inconsistency).

On chapter seven, page five, Hibino tells the Section Chief that she has received a call from her mother complaining about Hibino's father. And in this chapter, we learn that her mother died when she was a child.

Impossible, right? Or is there a translation mistake somewhere?
Awesome! BUt still! WHAT A FUCKING SUPRISE #sarcasm
Spoiler
Thanks for the update Death Toll Scans ^^.
Ikuo is badasssss. Thanks for the release!
Bump, bump, bump...

Another scumbag bites the dust!!
let's not forget thatyou can actually harden your fist
It was the little girl.
CUT OFF THE PROFESSORS BALLS!
So, the driver's the mastermind. More importantly than his identity is his motivation.
... The F? That's it for the professor? Well he has a grandson and all... But I need some blood splatter.
..... FLY RYUZAKI!
..... FLY RYUZAKI!
Posted Image I'm expecting this on professors ass.
Next target: the fucking professor. It's judgement time.
See what I mean? Chapter 37 has impossibly quick conveyance of complex instructions by Morse Code and impossible movement accuracy under a major disruption in the centre of gravity. And I loved the result.
Folks, the moment you start discussing the lack of realism in a manga, you are doomed. The person who started this is not very observant: this manga bends Physics, Biology and the like since chapter one, when Ryuzaki drew his gun at inhuman speed and the man he shot remained thinking for about a second when the bullet had entered the middle of his forehead. So far, we have had Ryuzaki's impossible climbing of a wall in chapter 3, that ex-detective standing up after two point-blank shots in the chest and lots of other things that defy reality. This is a manga, for goodness' sake.

And by the way, sho.ker's No. 3 ignores Newton's 3rd law: action = reaction. When the fists collide, the impact is just as powerful on Ryuzaki as it is on the boxer; of course, if the boxer did hesitate, the aggregate impact is diminished as one of the bodies is moving more slowly, but the distribution is equal between bodies. In other words, two punching fists at equal speed is the same as a fist punching a wall at double the speed.

Chapter 8 only shows the boxer's fist is more brittle than Ryuzaki's.
@przykladzik
I don't understand why you think it's so impossible compared to everything else that happens in this manga. But okay.

Also;
An adrenaline rush is a hell of a thing.
1.) Only one bone was broken (the radius); the arm was supported by the ulna entirely
2.) Adrenaline works as a natural pain killer during an adrenaline rush so Ryou couldn't feel the pain and nausea that comes with a broken bone
3.) We notice the enemy punching flinch before carrying through with his punch, that hesitation puts all of the impact out of his punch as Ryou strikes.
Ryou Force -------------------------->(IMPACT)<-- Bad guy force
4.) Adrenaline helps with muscle contraction; i.e. We can run faster, lift heavy shit, and in this case punch harder
(In normal circumstances our muscles don't contract as hard since we don't want to wear out/tear the muscle. This is why it's dangerous to have high levels of epinephrine/norepinephrine for too long. i.e. Heart stops beating)
5.) It was mainly just to show how manly Ryou is. Come on it was fucking amazing.
Photo
lazybumhobo
Jan 10 2013 12:04 AM
Thy should just let him do it
8 chap is a crap. Authors, if you don't know a shit about martial arts [and biology, physics], don't use them in your work. But still i like this manga.
Great chapter. Thanks!
I'm not bitching and I appreciate your releases. Don't let those naysayers get you down.
Another point...

Translations should NOT lay out any hints about future happenings in the series unless those hints are in the original Japanese text in the manga!!

This does not preclude a translator note explaining a Japanese pun, cultural idea or concept from being added either in the margin next to the concerned panel or at the end of the chapter to help English readers to better understand what's going on.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics