Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Ouroboros chapter discussions thread

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

How does sending off a officer to a dead end nowhere's job help cover up the crimes of the other officers? 

Anyway I can't picture that driving something that loony, any more then I can see grand theft auto turning someone into a car thief. If he was going to turn into a homocidal maniac who packs his son into a box every night, he would have done so eventually (or something else dangerous and loony) anyway, career success or not.

And didn't his wife leave him (what a shallow selfish women btw) so how could she be in the box? She left him, but remained living nearby? For a women who would leave a guy with no prospects, she would be bound to leave a area with no prospects as well.

Edited by truepurple, 05 January 2014 - 05:34 PM.

schizophoenix

schizophoenix

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 12 posts

His wife was back on the mainland. Read that part again - he left for a "special mission" there. No reason why she'd be in hiding.

kendama

kendama

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 332 posts

Yes, the exact circumstances of the cover-up are not quite clear. I read the Japanese version and it seemed that Isoyama was the officer who arrested the Chinese mafia who denounced the Bando crew. But that was not clear-cut, either.

RareSymphony

RareSymphony

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Edited by RareSymphony, 11 July 2014 - 11:04 AM.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

61: Ridicule

She's being so unfair to him. And/Or she lacks skills as a detective. And/Or she's too wrapped up in victim thinking. 

With a little thought it should have been evident to her that he was helping her out, getting her on the case. Sure he could have hit the guy or made some big argument for equality and that having nothing to do with urination, but that would be sticking his neck out more, and for less chance of success. Japanese & Chinese culture is all about saving face, if he had did that, he really would be sticking his neck out, she could wish he had, but be understanding when he did not. 

And he's never shown any signs of ever looking down on anyone before, her included. For her to not give him the benefit of the doubt is so unfair to him. 

Finally, she swears to help the female victim, then puts that promise at risk by going it alone. Even if she is a competent outstanding officer equal or greater to any male, having help is going to have a greater chance of success then going it alone. And it's not fair to those who care for her, she puts them at risk for if they need to save her from her solitary effort, or at risk of losing her.

Edited by truepurple, 29 December 2014 - 07:23 PM.

GianKiller

GianKiller

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

61: Ridicule

She's being so unfair to him. And/Or she lacks skills as a detective. And/Or she's too wrapped up in victim thinking. 

With a little thought it should have been evident to her that he was helping her out, getting her on the case. Sure he could have hit the guy or made some big argument for equality and that having nothing to do with urination, but that would be sticking his neck out more, and for less chance of success. Japanese & Chinese culture is all about saving face, if he had did that, he really would be sticking his neck out, she could wish he had, but be understanding when he did not. 

And he's never shown any signs of ever looking down on anyone before, her included. For her to not give him the benefit of the doubt is so unfair to him. 

Finally, she swears to help the female victim, then puts that promise at risk by going it alone. Even if she is a competent outstanding officer equal or greater to any male, having help is going to have a greater chance of success then going it alone. And it's not fair to those who care for her, she puts them at risk for if they need to save her from her solitary effort, or at risk of losing her.

It is a sentitive theme, besides from that I know some people who behaves like that too, people who thinks you wanted to hurt them when you messed up, It makes sense though, she is a woman in a organization sexist toward women, how can she not be in defensive all the time? Her behavior makes sense to me.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

It's believable that she would behave like that but its victim mentallogy at its worst. People who get so defensive, so wrapped up in their own indignity, so convinced everyone is out to get them, right or wrong; that it clouds their vision. 

I have met people like that too. Perhaps I have even been like that in my life, I hope not.

Well it's only semi-believable, as a secondary nice/good person character, I expected her to be portrayed in a nicer light. And previous character building suggested she wasn't like this so much, to me.

Edited by truepurple, 30 December 2014 - 02:37 AM.

GianKiller

GianKiller

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

It's believable that she would behave like that but its victim mentallogy at its worst. People who get so defensive, so wrapped up in their own indignity, so convinced everyone is out to get them, right or wrong; that it clouds their vision. 

I have met people like that too. Perhaps I have even been like that in my life, I hope not.

Well it's only semi-believable, as a secondary nice/good person character, I expected her to be portrayed in a nicer light. And previous character building suggested she wasn't like this so much, to me.

I agree, I live with a person like that, so for me her behavour makes sense, we've only seen that side until now, the "strong side" but it is clear now that she has a long way in character development opposite of what I though.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

So this story around chapter 87, so her grievances against the chief are as follows.

He didn't save her from being abused, even though he tried as much as humanly possible.

Well if that's her complaint, what about everyone else in the city and the world for that matter, they all failed to save her too. What, most of them didn't know about it? Well if that he tried his best and still couldn't get there in time wasn't a good enough excuse, then other people not knowing about it and failing to save her shouldn't work as a excuse either. So why isn't she taking revenge on the world?

He saved her life. 

Well if she hates life so much, why didn't she just kill herself earlier?  Just because he saved her life once doesn't mean she can't throw it away in the next moment.

For reminding her of what happened by appearing in front of her.

In a sense, she is faulting him for being alive. Well excuse me for living!  Or perhaps she is faulting him for ever leaving his home that he might someday possible ever cross paths with her. Or I guess she's faulting him for taking care of a kid in a loving way? Shouldn't she be pissed at all the parents then?

And as part of the last two, I guess for saving her life yet being happy at the same time? Like if he dares save her life, he should at least kill himself or be miserable every day after.

I understand, she's mentally ill and thus her thinking is twisted, but how bonkers would you have to be to reach these kind of conclusions.  The author really didn't sell me on anyone in a similar circumstance doing the same thing happening in real life. This plot twist  just wasn't convincing. it seems similar to the the story of a police officer being reassigned to the boonies, thus puts his son in a box in regular bases and murders his wife. Like the author want's to talk about unexpected consequences and how the little things matter because they can get big, or something. But these ways fail for me, though I still like Ouroboros as a whole.

Also, I was a bit confused about the Haily comet day thing.  Why didn't he just say "I saw a calendar I remember from the first case in the home" Instead he's talking about figuring out a date and time.

Edited by truepurple, 23 June 2016 - 07:19 AM.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Why keep a secret about the "public security" guys? Tell them about the asshole with the red nose.