Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.33 - 102votes)

Date A Live

Alt Names: alt พิชิต・รัก・พิทักษ์โลกalt デート・ア・ライブ
Author: Tachibana Koushi
Artist: Ringo
Genres: Action ActionHarem HaremMecha MechaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: April 10th. Yesterday was the last day of spring vacation, so starting this morning it was a school day. After being woken up by his cute little sister, Itsuka Shidou believed that it would be the start of another normal day. As for predicting the chance meeting with the girl who called herself a spirit......

Along with a sudden shockwave, the townscape vanished without a trace. In a corner of the street which had now become a crater, the girl was there.

"—You, have you come to kill me too?"

She is the disaster that will destroy humanity, a monster of unknown origin, and a being rejected by the world. There are only two ways to stop this girl: annihilation, and conversation. His little sister Kotori, wrapped in a military uniform, thus said to Shidou: "Since it's like this, just go date her, and make the spirit fall for you!" "Wh.. whaaaaaaaat!?" Enter a new age of boy meets girl!!

Alternate Story:

> Date A Live - Dead end TOHKA
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/date-a-live-dead-end-tohka-r11726 )

Spin-Offs:

> Date A Origami
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/date-a-origami-r6566 )

> Date AST Like
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/date-ast-like-r9718 )
Go to Date A Live Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Anime New Window TheSingleBest
  • 11 Replies
Topic Light Novel Volume 7? New Window Lord C
  • 0 Replies
Topic Date a live manga adaption gets restarted!! New Window Harbinger
  • 6 Replies

216 Comments

Im losing interest in this. The sister character is just wrong for this type of manga in my opinion. Instead of an extremely cruel sister it should have been a comical girl or guy his age or older
after reading these 3 chapters, i am no longer interested in a MC who can't even smack down his own little sister and who is that incompetent. the art isnt even that great also! fail 2x!
Yea the MC's sister ruins this whole manga and makes it to annoying to read and black haired chick is hot but she wasnt in the last chap but until the sister dies or something i cant read it.
Shush, I'm training to save the worldPosted Image
Evangelion meets TWGOK?
This is the most realistic little sister I've ever seen in a manga.

┗┐ヽ(′Д、`*)ノ┌┛
oh gawd when will the anime start

nhatanh[/url]]They're totally Nerv, except completely not being underground and Gendou is a little girl?
No, I mean it. They smell totally like Nerv.

And the Gendou loli has a lolipop instead of white gloves. for her mouth!

Anyone else get a Evangelion vibe from the command center?

They're totally Nerv, except completely not being underground and Gendou is a little girl?
No, I mean it. They smell totally like Nerv.
Seems like a lot of slapstick that's poorly developed, I can't tell if it's a transformed 4koma or what but there's not much progress for exceptionally long chapters... The lack of information is supposed to be entertaining or suspensful and yet it's just confusing. Idk the artwork's good but still feels a little choppy...
This.. Makes.. Absolutely no sense. To me, it feels like the author is just throwing random things at a chalkboard and hoping a few of em stick and work... So im guessing this manga will drop soon unless some things get straightened out..

But.. What is this allure? Its drawing me in. It seems so interesting, and it seems to have a lot of potential.. *follows*
Last page of ch 2, I lol'd.
Anyone else get a Evangelion vibe from the command center?
wtf....still trying to understand what the hell is going on....screw it....I WANT MOAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like the little sister its a breathe of fresh air than the other stereotype sisters well another thing this will be a harem manga its just blatantly obvious also one final part this manga feels rather bland average but hey i'll still read and see how it'll turn out cuz theres only 2 chapters
I read the novel too.. I don't hate the sister character in fact I like the usual banter between the MC and her... Well she can be an annoying character at times but that's essensially what a little sister is.... an annoying creature... (~=_=)~
I guess some people are put off by the complete-180, but I seem to like Kotori's caustic attitude better. I've read a little further into the LN, and while there's not much translated (only 3 chapters), I really like the banter and dynamic between Shidou and her.
The art doesn't matches with the history.
To all people who hate the little sister, I have something to say:
- She is an amazing little sister, cause she is the commander, nuff said
- She is neither a tsundere, yandere or whatever-dere. Don't hate her just because she is not your favourite type.
So why is her lolipop lasting so long? Military secret sugar research?
Yeah, I hate this little fuck too. She's annoying, so big ego, just kill her, ah no, it's a shounen, it's impossible. It's really a lame manga.
good story, but wouldn't it be better if the sister was older?
This is the first time that I might hate the little sister character....
I don't like the fact that her little sister is a leader of some kind of organization, I mean show us some back-story about it. How did her sister became the leader of that organization? Her attitude also kinda annoyed me...
I have NO idea why but the way the little sister acts in chapter 2 pisses me off so much! Maybe it's because I dislike deceptive, scheming characters.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics