Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Date a live manga adaption gets restarted!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Harbinger

Harbinger

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts

Yep, in the afterword of Volume 8 of the light novel the author said that we are gonna get a new manga adaption of Date a Live, starting from "Dead end Tohka" (probably with better art too)

Her is what the author wrote:

Well then, there is one announcement I would like to make.
A new comic version of the original book [Date A Live] has been announced in the monthly shounen ace! Waah! *clap**clap*!
It isn’t a spin off and is a comic-lized version of the original book starting from [Tohka dead end].
The one supervising this is Inui Sekihiko-san. He acknowledged portraying cool actions so please expect it by all means.

Inui Sekihiko... That's the dude who brought us "Ratman" so I guess it's gonna look quite good

I don't really know when the first chapter comes out, but this announcement was made in volume 8 which came out on september 20th, so the manga could start in the next few months ;)

Oh, and the anime is getting a second season as well ;)

Plot?

Well, most likely the "Yamai tempest" and "Miku" arcs, about 12 or 13 episodes

Looking for translated light novels?

Baka - Tsuki

There are MANY translated light novels, including Highschool DxD, Toaru Majutsu no index, Infinite Stratos, Seirei tsukai no kenbu AND Date a live (the Manga adaption of which got cancelled after chapter 6)

TaintedDream

TaintedDream

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationUnited States

First chapter is already out, 76 pages :o

Art is pretty good, Shidou looks really different from anime/LN though. Kotori's proportions are really off at the start too, seems to get better in the later pages fortunately.

And judging by the season 2 trailer, those two Arcs for sure. Dunno if they might try and skimp out on the fight scenes and squeeze in and extra arc or not though (I hope not).

Edited by TaintedDream, 26 November 2013 - 08:52 PM.

TaintedDream

TaintedDream

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Edit: Finished catching up to Ratman, judging by the quality of the art over there, the first part where Kotori's proportions are off must have been rushed, or drawn while the artist was sleepy. By Shidou looking different, I mean he looks more, manly? Not manly enough to look bad-ass, but manly enough that he loses his bishounen looks.

rhayex

rhayex

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

Where did you find the new series?

TaintedDream

TaintedDream

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationUnited States

I managed to get my hands on the raw, I can pm you a download link if you want?

rhayex

rhayex

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

Yeah, I'll take it if you have it.

Cake-kun

Cake-kun

Potato

• Contributor
  • 160 posts
  • LocationNot on your plate, hopefully

There seems to be Date-A-Party too, a new spinoff. Just read it and laughed my arse off.